Jun 21 - Plies Drops 'Goon Affiliated'; Second Album In Six Months

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
94 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2009, 10:38 AM         #41
C-MOBB31 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reals goons do this in there sleep!!!!the boy grinds hard
 8 years ago '04        #42
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 Thef**kinEmpire said:
LMAO..see...you can say its for SIMPLE people...but i can listen and understand the most complicated lyrics from the likes of Jay-Z, Nas, Mos Def, Talib, Common, Kayne, Lil Wayne, Drake, Doom and etc. and still can listen to Plies because i can feel it all...the music is simple, he is not lyrical at all and everything else, but his music appeals to me because his words are true for somebody who seen it, had it, or lived it. But everybody has their preferences so im not gonna try to stir up a argument. :greetings10:
See I respect how you put that. I just hate it when cats automatically go 'You don't like Plies? Its because you can't understand want hes talking about.' Because EVERYBODY knows what the dude is speaking on, he makes it quite clear. I actually had a second part to that post that didn't get finished talking about preferences but basically I feel you. The n*gga GRINDS HARD which I respect to the utmost, I can't hate on another mans grind I'm just not a fan of his music but like you said its all about preferences.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 06-30-2009 at 09:57 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #43
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,390 | Props total: 1645 1645
 Mista Mizatti said:
See I respect how you put that. I just hate it when cats automatically go 'You don't like Plies? Its because you can't understand want hes talking about.' Because EVERYBODY knows what the dude is speaking on, he makes it quite clear. I actually had a second part to that post that didn't get finished talking about preferences but basically I feel you. The n*gga GRINDS HARD which I respect to the utmost, I can't hate on another mans grind I'm just not a fan of his music but like you said its all about preferences.
Props for not being a dumbass BX user that don't try to start a stupid a.ss argument over anything.
 8 years ago '05        #44
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
If you can't feel or understand the lyrics of artist like Plies, Gucci, Lil Boosie, Webbie, Jeezy etc, simply put, you've never been in/around the streets. In technical skills as far as being an MC , yes they don't rival people such as Jay, Nas, Kanye, but they shouldn't in the first place. Most internet rap/hiphop listeners come from the suburban areas, and even if growning in the hood, their lifestyle never mirrored what these people speak on. This is why when speaking on whats "real rap/hiphop" they need parameters(lyricism being a major one) to understand what a good artist is. They need complexity in an artist to reassure themselves they know what the "best" is in terms of hiphop.

I don't see how people can devalue the words of artist that mirror their community. Sometimes simplicity is best, if you can't relate thats fine, but don't throw an artist under a bus just because you don't understand their message, thats a problem with you, not them. This is why these so called "hiphop heads" need artist like Lupe, Nas, Kanye, Wale, Drake, etc because their lyrics don't speak on reality more so they speak on socially conscious topics that reach them.

To say an artist who makes a song like "Bid Long" "runnin my mom crazy" etc is garbage, is stupidity. This isn't a bash towards artist like Wale, Drake, etc, I listen to em all(well..not wale and drake really), but this is a non-biased perspective on hiphop, something most people who claim they really know what rap is, should have.
 8 years ago '08        #45
space
space
At least the good thing about Drake he appeals to the streets also without even speaking street s**t.

And yea alot of people from up north or in the west don't really feel Lil Boosie.

Lil Boosie IS and probably will STAY one of my most favorite artist because i been listening to him for so many years thats all you hear around here because he's a hometown legend and my city is like his second home so we show him major love when he do his shows n s**t. Boosie speaks dat realness and that all you hear around here. Everybody got connections to that n*gga lol.

That is another factor of preference, where you come from.

North - Jay-Z, Nas, Etc.
West - Game, Nipsey
South - Gucci, Boosie, Plies

But its good alot of artist has spread around the whole country.
 8 years ago '04        #46
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
I'm from the south but I'd rather listen to David Banner, K Rino, Z Ro, Devin The Dude, etc
 8 years ago '08        #47
space
space
 Mista Mizatti said:
I'm from the south but I'd rather listen to David Banner, K Rino, Z Ro, Devin The Dude, etc
f**k Lavell (David).

n*gga never come to his old hood no more, and i know because i use to live there.

His music isn't that great either imo.
 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM         #48
jbudz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
If you can't feel or understand the lyrics of artist like Plies, Gucci, Lil Boosie, Webbie, Jeezy etc, simply put, you've never been in/around the streets. In technical skills as far as being an MC , yes they don't rival people such as Jay, Nas, Kanye, but they shouldn't in the first place. Most internet rap/hiphop listeners come from the suburban areas, and even if growning in the hood, their lifestyle never mirrored what these people speak on. This is why when speaking on whats "real rap/hiphop" they need parameters(lyricism being a major one) to understand what a good artist is. They need complexity in an artist to reassure themselves they know what the "best" is in terms of hiphop.

I don't see how people can devalue the words of artist that mirror their community. Sometimes simplicity is best, if you can't relate thats fine, but don't throw an artist under a bus just because you don't understand their message, thats a problem with you, not them. This is why these so called "hiphop heads" need artist like Lupe, Nas, Kanye, Wale, Drake, etc because their lyrics don't speak on reality more so they speak on socially conscious topics that reach them.

To say an artist who makes a song like "Bid Long" "runnin my mom crazy" etc is garbage, is stupidity. This isn't a bash towards artist like Wale, Drake, etc, I listen to em all(well..not wale and drake really), but this is a non-biased perspective on hiphop, something most people who claim they really know what rap is, should have.
i understand what your getting at but its false in my mind.its a lyrical art form so with out that its just a grab at money...simply put some emcee's are artist that n*gga plies is a rapper, art or forethought dont enter into his mind when he makes the same 2 club records on 4 different cd's.
i grew up in maybe not the worst part of the chi but s**t wasnt the burbs and i dont wanna hear some "im a goon" s**t and for damn sure will never support that ish by buying it.i guess some people have high aspersions in life.to be honest most the "goons" i know are on some nas,jada,curren$y type s**t cause if your living it you dont need to hear songs to remind you how hard you are.

im almost certain this "music" and i use the term loosely is bought by dumb n*ggas who think thats what they should want out of life.and 14-30 yr old white women who f**k with "thugs"
 8 years ago '04        #49
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,215 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Hunedz said:
I think he's given both quantity and quality....
now his last album was dissed a lot I can't speak on that I only listened to it one time.
BUT his previous two were good.

PLIES Is not a bad rapper ...

People saying he wack is very f**king comical to me
("Plies is wack, Plies is a horrible mc, he's trash)..blah blah

...I'm looking foward to his next album...
"Becky" is solid, I like the beat - I wonder how the Radio Cut is going to sound
I already got it on a playlist for my next mix cd..
Plies is a horrible rapper.......im not really feeling any Florida rappers at all.....

Last edited by persuazion; 07-01-2009 at 11:38 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #50
space
space
 jbudz420 said:
i understand what your getting at but its false in my mind.its a lyrical art form so with out that its just a grab at money...simply put some emcee's are artist that n*gga plies is a rapper, art or forethought dont enter into his mind when he makes the same 2 club records on 4 different cd's.
i grew up in maybe not the worst part of the chi but s**t wasnt the burbs and i dont wanna hear some "im a goon" s**t and for damn sure will never support that ish by buying it.i guess some people have high aspersions in life.to be honest most the "goons" i know are on some nas,jada,curren$y type s**t cause if your living it you dont need to hear songs to remind you how hard you are.

im almost certain this "music" and i use the term loosely is bought by dumb n*ggas who think thats what they should want out of life.and 14-30 yr old white women who f**k with "thugs"
If you looked at the begining of hiphop/rap and continue to the present, you'd find that hiphop never really revolved around lyricism. Hiphop was about spreading a positive(sometimes conscious) message to our community, and the woes of our community(before the rise of lyrical rappers), and even before that, hiphop only encompassed hyping up crowds, and having a good time. Not until we get get to the mid 80's through mid 90's do we have such artist emerging as great lyricist. And afterwards in that great era of hiphop, we look towards those artist who set precedents and standards do we now really value lyricism and articulation.

Find an artist who isn't in it for the money, they may love their craft, but not for free. You preference for what you like to hear is understandable, and you don't have to support all that goon, violent s**t, but as long as it's going on in your community(as a culture not simply your block), I can't see why you'd devalue that music, those words reflect whats going on up the street, two cities away, and in different states.

I've grown up around many k!llers, some very articulate and would rather listen to Nas, and then some who aren't articulate, who barely have common sense, so I can't say what a certain type of person would listen to, because some don't need to be reminded how much of a thug they are, and then some do, and like it.

With any type of art, when you set parameters, you're only limiting and crippling that artform, and that doesn't allow for it to grow. This is why we have some many Jay-Z, Nas, whoever wannabees now.

And as far as what dumb n*ggas want in life, if you've ever just took the time really analyze the hood you're in, thats all some people have in life, and will never really leave that type of situation or mentality. How do you explain to someone who has grown up in a violent hood since birth, 10th grade dropout, that there is more in life than being a thug, when all they've seen is that. Watch season 4 of the wire, then you'll get the picture, cause I see it everyday.
 07-01-2009, 02:50 PM         #51
jbudz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
If you looked at the begining of hiphop/rap and continue to the present, you'd find that hiphop never really revolved around lyricism. Hiphop was about spreading a positive(sometimes conscious) message to our community, and the woes of our community(before the rise of lyrical rappers), and even before that, hiphop only encompassed hyping up crowds, and having a good time. Not until we get get to the mid 80's through mid 90's do we have such artist emerging as great lyricist. And afterwards in that great era of hiphop, we look towards those artist who set precedents and standards do we now really value lyricism and articulation.

Find an artist who isn't in it for the money, they may love their craft, but not for free. You preference for what you like to hear is understandable, and you don't have to support all that goon, violent s**t, but as long as it's going on in your community(as a culture not simply your block), I can't see why you'd devalue that music, those words reflect whats going on up the street, two cities away, and in different states.

I've grown up around many k!llers, some very articulate and would rather listen to Nas, and then some who aren't articulate, who barely have common sense, so I can't say what a certain type of person would listen to, because some don't need to be reminded how much of a thug they are, and then some do, and like it.

With any type of art, when you set parameters, you're only limiting and crippling that artform, and that doesn't allow for it to grow. This is why we have some many Jay-Z, Nas, whoever wannabees now.

And as far as what dumb n*ggas want in life, if you've ever just took the time really analyze the hood you're in, thats all some people have in life, and will never really leave that type of situation or mentality. How do you explain to someone who has grown up in a violent hood since birth, 10th grade dropout, that there is more in life than being a thug, when all they've seen is that. Watch season 4 of the wire, then you'll get the picture, cause I see it everyday.
holy s**t im involved in an intelligent convo on boxden hell might have frozen over....

you most defiantly brought up some thought provoking points but in my mind it seems that alot of this goon thug s**t is self actualizing...if you continue to push this s**t to kids then they view it as the path of least resistance..if as a culture we didnt glamorize the plies of the world maybe kids wouldnt feel that thats something to aspire toward,and grown men wouldnt feel validation of their actions by pointing to these dudes as examples.at some point when you grow up you have to make that choice of do i want more for myself even if your like me werent sure what that more was just more then the s**t you see when you look out your window.

with that said im not on some every emcee should be mos def or nas.I realize for the art form to survive you need contrast but that contrast also has to be represented in media.im sure if you ask the average hip hop listener to quote a plies line they prob could and thats cause he gets radio play now ask the same person about a more lyrical emcee and i doubt 20 percent will be able to quote them.im sure im gonna get k!lled on here for this but i think most of that stems from the average hip hop music buyer being a 13-25yr old white male from a middle class background.in essence what im saying is its alot easier to market plies and being a "real goon" then it is joell ortiz and just being an average dude tryin to get by.
 8 years ago '05        #52
space
space
 jbudz420 said:
holy s**t im involved in an intelligent convo on boxden hell might have frozen over....

you most defiantly brought up some thought provoking points but in my mind it seems that alot of this goon thug s**t is self actualizing...if you continue to push this s**t to kids then they view it as the path of least resistance..if as a culture we didnt glamorize the plies of the world maybe kids wouldnt feel that thats something to aspire toward,and grown men wouldnt feel validation of their actions by pointing to these dudes as examples.at some point when you grow up you have to make that choice of do i want more for myself even if your like me werent sure what that more was just more then the s**t you see when you look out your window.

with that said im not on some every emcee should be mos def or nas.I realize for the art form to survive you need contrast but that contrast also has to be represented in media.im sure if you ask the average hip hop listener to quote a plies line they prob could and thats cause he gets radio play now ask the same person about a more lyrical emcee and i doubt 20 percent will be able to quote them.im sure im gonna get k!lled on here for this but i think most of that stems from the average hip hop music buyer being a 13-25yr old white male from a middle class background.in essence what im saying is its alot easier to market plies and being a "real goon" then it is joell ortiz and just being an average dude tryin to get by.
It just might have *takes deep breath*

I understand your point completely, but in some sense it cant be applied to those in the hood. As far as suburban kids, middle class, who don't live in such environments it does apply but thats simply a fake image they've produced and have applied to themselves to follow. You can't blame an artist like Plies for the negative(not always negative I should add) values he presents in his lyrics because he's a product of that very society(well...some would disagree, thats another topic). You also can't blame artist like him for the fact his words are a mirror of our culture, they aren't a direct catalyst of what happens in our culture, but it does perpetuate it.

There are some people who are destined to make it out the hood, who see past the s**tty environment, and see the flaws within it, but we all know those people sometimes make it out(and when they do, don't look back), some don't(which is a huge problem, for even those who have the intelligence to go forward, even can't in society, which perpetuates our culture to remain the same).

The contrast of hiphop played isn't up to the fans(at the start) and those who don't fit the typical thug image, also get radio play. I can't necessarily say it's just white kids buying the s**t, because what does a 13yr old white kid know about being a goon? My lil n*ggas know more about it than even a 20yr old man, and thats another contributing problem. It's easier to promote s3x, drugs, and violence, then it is say an intellectual rapper, but you must also realize...not everyone has a deep intellectual side.

The thing I love the most of hiphop is that it's so intertwined with our culture and others, that the woes of Hiphop, our culture, and community are also tangled up. I can't say Hiphop(or artist) perpetuates demoralizing our culture, because Hiphop is a reflection of our community and culture, and vice versa for all three of those.

My main issue when it comes to people negatively viewing artist like Plies, Lil Boosie, etc is that they do paint an accurate picture of parts of our culture, but at the same time, I don't think people give enough listen to these artist. I'll listen to anyone, and then decide they are trash. Plies isn't one of them. Not every song should be made to be deeply intellectual, our genre isn't based around that. I value artist who can touch on reality, negative or not. I'll listen to Plies before I'll listen to propaganda like Immortal Technique(which was at a time was one of my favorite), but IT doesn't represent our community, his messages are driven from the woes of our community, but at the same time his songs are mainly non-fictional concepts, rather reality.

Some of Plies most violent songs(and good) are s**t like Murkin Season, Bushes, and Rob Ya p***y a.ss. I can't express how much simple lines like:

"The more rounds you shoot, n*gga the less aim it takes"
"walkin to ya car, shootin that choppa lookin mad"
"you don't even hang out late night, p***y you scared"
or even

"She told me the other day she hope I don't die in these streets"

mean to a n*gga who has grown up in the projects and been through those situations, no matter how violent, and negative the image, it's reality and thats what I value in music most of all. Now don't get me wrong, there isn't nothing wrong with Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye, whoever, but as far as looking down upon artist who speak of violence, I say it's a reality and their music should be valued just in the same way. Until our culture and community as a whole changes towards a positive light, then we can devalue the artist like Plies, bad part about that, is that our music, culture, and community all perpetuate each other in a circle.

As far as the average joe like Joell Ortiz getting recognized and value...does our culture, and community really value that? We should, but we don't. Myself, I value any music that has some type of reality and perspective, but not many. Artist like Asher Roth get praised for s**t like "I love College," because it sounds different, but in reality is nothing more than the White version of any "lets f**k b***hes, get drunk" etc. Yet he gets recognized for greatness(and this isn't even bashing a white person, coulda been by a black or whoever) yet the "lets f**k b***hes" doesn't?

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 07-02-2009 at 04:55 PM..
 07-02-2009, 11:48 PM         #53
Quice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fuk da haters plies do ya thang. if you sayin he aint ridin then y god bless the man to make all these albums
 07-03-2009, 01:41 PM         #54
$minor2Major$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 makaveli_420 said:
@Heisman, Plies hasn't used much auto-tune since Shawty, I mean that was the track that blew up florida, and t-pain really.......I don't think he'll be using much auto-tune if any at all....
this song put fl on the map!! where da hell u been?
 8 years ago '04        #55
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,708 | Props total: 436 436
when is the cd dropping?
 8 years ago '04        #56
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
 Cantankerous said:
It just might have *takes deep breath*

I understand your point completely, but in some sense it cant be applied to those in the hood. As far as suburban kids, middle class, who don't live in such environments it does apply but thats simply a fake image they've produced and have applied to themselves to follow. You can't blame an artist like Plies for the negative(not always negative I should add) values he presents in his lyrics because he's a product of that very society(well...some would disagree, thats another topic). You also can't blame artist like him for the fact his words are a mirror of our culture, they aren't a direct catalyst of what happens in our culture, but it does perpetuate it.

There are some people who are destined to make it out the hood, who see past the s**tty environment, and see the flaws within it, but we all know those people sometimes make it out(and when they do, don't look back), some don't(which is a huge problem, for even those who have the intelligence to go forward, even can't in society, which perpetuates our culture to remain the same).

The contrast of hiphop played isn't up to the fans(at the start) and those who don't fit the typical thug image, also get radio play. I can't necessarily say it's just white kids buying the s**t, because what does a 13yr old white kid know about being a goon? My lil n*ggas know more about it than even a 20yr old man, and thats another contributing problem. It's easier to promote s3x, drugs, and violence, then it is say an intellectual rapper, but you must also realize...not everyone has a deep intellectual side.

The thing I love the most of hiphop is that it's so intertwined with our culture and others, that the woes of Hiphop, our culture, and community are also tangled up. I can't say Hiphop(or artist) perpetuates demoralizing our culture, because Hiphop is a reflection of our community and culture, and vice versa for all three of those.

My main issue when it comes to people negatively viewing artist like Plies, Lil Boosie, etc is that they do paint an accurate picture of parts of our culture, but at the same time, I don't think people give enough listen to these artist. I'll listen to anyone, and then decide they are trash. Plies isn't one of them. Not every song should be made to be deeply intellectual, our genre isn't based around that. I value artist who can touch on reality, negative or not. I'll listen to Plies before I'll listen to propaganda like Immortal Technique(which was at a time was one of my favorite), but IT doesn't represent our community, his messages are driven from the woes of our community, but at the same time his songs are mainly non-fictional concepts, rather reality.

Some of Plies most violent songs(and good) are s**t like Murkin Season, Bushes, and Rob Ya p***y a.ss. I can't express how much simple lines like:

"The more rounds you shoot, n*gga the less aim it takes"
"walkin to ya car, shootin that choppa lookin mad"
"you don't even hang out late night, p***y you scared"
or even

"She told me the other day she hope I don't die in these streets"

mean to a n*gga who has grown up in the projects and been through those situations, no matter how violent, and negative the image, it's reality and thats what I value in music most of all. Now don't get me wrong, there isn't nothing wrong with Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye, whoever, but as far as looking down upon artist who speak of violence, I say it's a reality and their music should be valued just in the same way. Until our culture and community as a whole changes towards a positive light, then we can devalue the artist like Plies, bad part about that, is that our music, culture, and community all perpetuate each other in a circle.

As far as the average joe like Joell Ortiz getting recognized and value...does our culture, and community really value that? We should, but we don't. Myself, I value any music that has some type of reality and perspective, but not many. Artist like Asher Roth get praised for s**t like "I love College," because it sounds different, but in reality is nothing more than the White version of any "lets f**k b***hes, get drunk" etc. Yet he gets recognized for greatness(and this isn't even bashing a white person, coulda been by a black or whoever) yet the "lets f**k b***hes" doesn't?
rather long but interesting points i must say

only argument I have is the authenticity in the artists...Plies claims of being real and a goon is just a marketing ploy trust me. I got homeboys from Ft Myers and ive hung out in Ft myers even one of my closest homeboys who is my roomate is from ft myers and he cant stand that n*gga b/c majority of Ft Myers KNOWS Plies is fake...plus he doesn't kick it in his hometown mainly because of that reason. He may have "real goons" in his camp or know of them (his brother big gates) but what he rappin in his music isnt what he lived....this man is very intelligent and he actually has great messages in music sometimes but I just feel like hes hiding behind an unnecessary image...thats my personal problem with him. If you watch the interviews and things he do for his fans and whatever topics he's talking about he is nothing like how he acts or sounds on record I mean the n*gga is college educated for Christ sakes so my thing is

KEEP IT REAL SON!! All of the goon music s**t is just to make dough from the people who feed off it cuz he knows thats what sells ....now I dont know his real personal agenda behind it...maybe hes doin this as some kind of set up to actually let his cover down to show people who he really is in his music one day or idk..I hope so because I do believe he really does have a lot of sense. It is just not expressed in his music...I dont know why he feels the need to dumb himself down hes like an exact living example of what Lupe was talking about.....hes probably not AS intelligent as Lupe but he damn sure isnt as ignorant as he markets himself to be so why not show that on the music videos? why he running round making Becky songs and Lurkin in All Black when thats not him at all...i dont want to hear that "ooohh its a reflection bulls**t" he plainly states hes the "Realiest n*gga and Real n*gga Testament" this and that... he should keep it f**kin 100

thats just my personal gripe with him other than that i agree with most of his messages that actually is talking about some real s**t..

i dont wish no harm or bad luck i mean i understand the game and hustle I just wish he wasn't trying to be somethin he aint so much cuz there are n*ggas in the orange county jail from pine hillz and whereva else in tampa who like yoooo this n*gga plies is the realest n*gga! like he really do got alot of die hard fans in the jail systems...s**t he even did a tour in Florida to alot of the prisons performing and talking to cats so i respect that aspect I just dont respect his image in his music because it doesnt f**kin match ...which i still dont understand why
 8 years ago '09        #57
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Damn n*ggas is going Michael Eric Dyson in this thread
 8 years ago '06        #58
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
why the f**k is this being brought up? lol

Last edited by Da Realness; 10-01-2009 at 03:50 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #59
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Damn n*ggas is going Michael Eric Dyson in this thread
 8 years ago '09        #60
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
Plies got some good music in my book.....The Real Testament is a classic and so is 100% Real n*gga Mixtape!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
75 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
39 comments
19 hours ago