Jun 19 - US Senate Apologizes For Slavery

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-20-2009, 05:03 PM         #61
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really? How so...
 8 years ago '06        #62
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
there is no one alive today that deserves a "sorry"... we cant bring back the people who were actual slaves, isnteado f opening old wounds it's time to move on
 06-20-2009, 06:20 PM         #63
stepyourgameup 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:
It seems people in this thread do not know the difference between the African Slave trade and the "slavery" that affected other races of people, i.e. Eastern Europeans, Israelites in Egypt, etc... the difference is those slaves were still seen as a person... During the African Slave, blacks were seen as chattel or beast of burden.. less than human. A mule was worth more than a black person in those times... Slavery affecting Eastern Europeans could be seen as indentured servitude if anything... Even to count population, Blacks were seen as 1/3 of a actual person.. And what happens if for centuries you are told you are worst than nothing, that you will never measure up to your white peers.. you will start to believe it and that was passed on throughout generations, hence the term Slave mentality... You say it doesnt effect black people today? Hell, black people today probably have great-grandparents who are still alive that had grandparents that were slaves.. you dont think me tell stories? Some blacks today were Sharecroppers in the early 1900s, which was pretty much legalized Slavery.. they went back to the same plantations there parents were just freed from and worked the fields and were paid what? Owner gave them a place to live on the land, gave them leftover food he didnt want.. sounds pretty similar to me..
You think slave mentality only effects blacks? I guess all the men who died working in the coal mines in the north did it for s**ts and giggles? Explain to me how THEY were benefiting from slavery.

You have to pick a story and stick with it. Either the slavery blacks went through is the worst thing ever and everyone should stop b***hing about any type of lingering racism or "slave mentality" that persists. Or we acknowledge that ALL races have gone through various forms of slavery, indentured servitude, and suffer the effects of racism. But you can't go around telling every other race to just man-up when it comes to their people being victims of slavery and racism; and then cry your panties off over every injustice blacks face.
 8 years ago '05        #64
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
If you're not Black you don't know what it's like to one.

/endthread.
 8 years ago '09        #65
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,019 | Props total: 7802 7802
 stepyourgameup said:
I'll concede that maybe white people know as much about being black, as black people know about being white. As has been said, every race has been enslaved at different points during history. You can't lump all people together just because of their skin color. When I read about gang violence in the paper, I don't expect Oprah to apologize just because she's black. If you think of all white people as greedy CEOs of fortune 500 companies and all blacks as from the ghetto, then you're more racist than anyone else here. America's not fair, and it never will be. But it's inequality isn't based on the color brown, it's based on the color GREEN.
I DIDN'T SAY s**t LIKE THAT...WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT....AMERICA'S NOT FAIR AND IF I THINK ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE GREEDY????....GTFO OF HERE YOU TWISTING MY WORDS, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE f**k YOU TALKING ABOUT n*gga

DAMN PEOPLE READ AND EITHER THEY MISINTERPREPT OR MISUNDERSTAND, f**k
 8 years ago '09        #66
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,019 | Props total: 7802 7802
 AlexG1989 said:
So I guess in your opinion Eminem is a black man trapped in a white man's skin.... You're a fool....
THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE MEANT....SHE WAS GOING BACK OFF OF WHAT I STATED EARLIER...YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT s**tS USELESS :foodanddrink6:
 06-20-2009, 10:52 PM         #67
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why the f**k are people saying s**t like "Im sick of black people b***hing about slavery"

I didn't ask for this, none of my black folk asked for this. So if you white people are mad at anyone over this be mad at the mostly white Senate who did this

I cant believe this is a hip-hop site Seems more like a neo-nazi site on the low
 8 years ago '05        #68
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
i dont kno, i stopped at a bp in alabama on way to panama city with some of my boys(couple white couple black) and the looks we were all getting it, you woulda thought they wanted some of my boys to apologize for their freedom.
 8 years ago '06        #69
The Scenario 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$4,135 | Props total: 3171 3171
They still owe us something.... The Japanese got theirs... And slavery put us so far behind on the social ladder, we've been struggling ever since. Plus the fact that there was ever "Jim Crow" says a lot about the residual affects of slavery--Basically, white people don't give a damn about Black folks.
They just now apologizing because Obama is President as if that means the history of slavery can't hold Black people back no more.

But remember this: OBama ain't got a drop of slave blood in him!!!!!
 8 years ago '07        #70
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
dont get me wrong im down for riding on the white man to the 10th power with the strength of allah!

but i dont think they should have to go around saying sorry for something that happened 400 something years ago

but they can start apologizing for the dog bites and high powered water hoses in the civil right movements
 8 years ago '07        #71
michelleski495 
space
space
$3,033 | Props total: 1134 1134
 Ms.KrizyT said:
Young black people haven't been through anything?:angry12:

Are you white?

You would never understand ANYTHING about BLACK PEOPLE. End of story you will never get it. BLACK People are discriminated against because of their skin color, ALONE.

We young blacks may have not been through slavery but we have been through enough BULLs**t to make one of us slap your granddaddy, his daddy and his four founding fathers too. Again, PUT YOURSELF IN BLACK PEOPLES POSITION, Oh I am sorry you can't.

Everytime time we try to have OUR MOMENT...you know what I am not going to keep explaining to you because you won't get it...You do not know what it is to be BLACK.
 8 years ago '07        #72
michelleski495 
space
space
 Illuminated One said:
Actually, I'm black.
And with me being black, I'm sick of other young black people using slavery as their excuse for leading nonproductive, wasteful lives. No white man is holding you back, and slavery has no effect on you. None of us was alive to experience it, so y'all need to quit whining about it. How many successful black people (besides rappers) do you hear whining about slavery?
Learn to take responsibility for your own life and your own actions. Quit using a century-old excuse that you weren't around to experience. This is exactly why I don't a.ssociate with low-class black people...

And to the white people on the board, you all have nothing to apologize for. You or your parents didn't own any slaves. So don't let these ignorant black people make you feel like you're at fault for slavery.
u said it best.
 8 years ago '07        #73
michelleski495 
space
space
 kendreezy said:
They still owe us something.... The Japanese got theirs... And slavery put us so far behind on the social ladder, we've been struggling ever since. Plus the fact that there was ever "Jim Crow" says a lot about the residual affects of slavery--Basically, white people don't give a damn about Black folks.
They just now apologizing because Obama is President as if that means the history of slavery can't hold Black people back no more.

But remember this: OBama ain't got a drop of slave blood in him!!!!!
nobody owes anybody anything. make it happen for urself and stop waiting for someone to come give u what they "owe u".
 8 years ago '05        #74
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Binah said:
nobody owes anybody anything? says who? you?

if the state didn't owe black folks anything the apology wouldn't have been made in the first place. Gtfo with ur nonesense! Black folks are owed much much more than the state can or will give!

who said anybody was waiting for anything? stfu please! u talkin too much rubbish..... u and that confused being trapped in a black body
:applause::applause::applause::applause:
 06-24-2009, 03:40 PM         #75
DaPlaya641 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carl0489 said:
Slavery in the US (legal or otherwise) did not end until the 1940s.
many people dont know that technically slavery was still legal in mississippi until March 16th 1995......yup....1995....

google that s**t
 8 years ago '06        #76
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
an apology wasnt needed, everybody knows it was wrong, but like the other dude said throughout this thread, slavery cant be used as any type of excuse, its not like whites, hispanics, and asians dont get discriminated against too, maybe not as much but still, everybody born after slavery got a fresh start, while some might be at a disadvantage as far as starting with former slaves who were uneducated its not a reason for someone young now, lets not blame slavery but rather the members of the family tree who never broke out of that cycle and taught their kids to believe everybody who doesnt like them is discriminating against them cuz of their skin and not cuz of their actions, what about minority scholarships when there is nothing for being white, and schools that keep a certain percent of minorities, so if it came down to 1 spot, a black guy vs a white guy, the white guy could have better grades and scores but if they need to fill the minority % the white guy doesnt get in even though he deserved it more
 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM         #77
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
zzzzzzs, jews, homos3xuals, STANK, and I HATE EM
 8 years ago '07        #78
michelleski495 
space
space
 Binah said:

if the state didn't owe black folks anything the apology wouldn't have been made in the first place. Gtfo with ur nonesense! Black folks are owed much much more than the state can or will give!

who said anybody was waiting for anything? stfu please! u talkin too much rubbish..... u and that confused being trapped in a black body
when i said that i didnt mean they dont owe an apology. it had nothing to do with apologizing. and im not black btw. ppl act like the white man is holding em down. or sum shyt. i agree that slavery was f**ked up. but ppl need to just move on and live their lives.
 8 years ago '07        #79
michelleski495 
space
space
 Binah said:

and just cuz ur a black folk doesnt mean they owe u shyt. u werent even alive when any of that shyt went down so stop crying about it.
 8 years ago '04        #80
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
Lol @ White peoples views on slavery and the after effects...

Go Kidnap, r*pe, enslave and murder somebody today, and when you get to court, try your "Just get over it" argument and see how fast they throw the book at your a.ss...

White people basically did this, took a race of people, made them slaves to help build this Country, While at the same time striving to keep them ignorant and oppressed mentally... Abolished that same slavery and made everything they used to build this Country "Illegal". Replaced slavery with Segregation/Jim Crow etc... waited a few more years until they had a firm enough grip on the Country, and then said "go fish"...

Thanks :) , You guys were so nice to black people... where would we be without you?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy