Saigon, the one who ethered Budden, new mixtape coming soon...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
219 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #81
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Bkjj11 said:
ok....ok....:wtf:...ok
:wow:
 06-20-2009, 03:06 PM         #82
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CreativeMind said:
Otherwise, nobody cares about his a.ss either. He can't make or take away anybody's career. Saigon just chooses to stay low key. Just because he's not dropping a song every day, doing a video every week, or flooding the internet every hour, doesn't mean he isn't working or putting out music. It doesn't mean his fans and people alike don't know or care. Because they do.
But when Budden was doing the same thing when he was on Def Jam before he finally got out of it it was called him being lazy and having a s**tty work ethic?

pot
kettle
black
 8 years ago '06        #83
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 slimwillie said:
no they don't they have him on the shelf being owned.

if they had any hand they woulda released it already. they know the n*ggas not getting any recognition. he's better then most of the s**t coming out but he's not as good as he thihnks he is
Same thing, you know what I mean. But Atlantic might as well release his album. These major labels already lost their money and have declining record sales. They get the same results with their "hit" artist (artist with recognition as you put it) as they would with a guy like him right now. So they won't be losing much if they release his album IMO. At this point, at least anyway.
 8 years ago '06        #84
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
 slimwillie said:
thats my point. executive produced by Just Blaze, song with Jay-Z , Song wit Trey Songz and still can't release his game changing classic thats been on the shelf for 5 years

other thought provoking n*ggas with them credentials been able to get on in the last 5 years. Lupe,Game,TI,why not saigon with his self proclaimed classic?
if u see who's signed to atlantic u'll see atlantic dont put out any NY artist....took maino 2 smash hits to finally get a release date but they F'd up cuz both tracks died down already....

read earlier in da thread dat somebody got that new saigon track that was produced by him, im not going ask for it but can u tell me how it is cuz sai said its a bullshyt track but its what the labels want so he did it and it features OJ da Juiceman, doesnt really help
 8 years ago '06        #85
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
 slimwillie said:
how do you know what results they get with hit artist? and how do you know it's the same when Sai hasn't released yet? NO-ONE checked for his amagalm album. so Atlantic would have to promote it or he'd sell 20 records and they'd definately lose.

promote = maybe 40k TOTAL

no promote = 25k

they losing money either way so why pay to distribute it?
I see you haven't been looking at the game lately. Man these popular/hit/established whatever you want to call them artist, are doing that same 40k in their first week. With the exceptions of a few, these artist ain't selling millions or blowing up like they use to. Have you seen the charts lately? These labels are scared because their money makers can't make them anymore money. They wont hurt if they put his album out. These majors already lost everything.

The major labels are not a good look right now. Why do you think all these artist are trying to go Independent? See, this is where you need to pay attention to the digital game. He released his amagalm album digital only. It wasn't an in store release. And it did well digitally too. It was in the top 5. So people were checking for it. Just a different outlet. I be knowing the game.
 06-23-2009, 12:35 AM         #86
Luay Whaters 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i heard drake ghost defended budden in this thread.
 8 years ago '07        #87
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 Flozz said:
Saigon and Budden was a good battle and to be honest I believe the battle was a tie...I dont even think Budden was trying but Saigon wasn't either so...if you go for saigon, i cant argue but if you go for budden, i cant argue with you there neither.
I agree. But I think that Saigon is the better rapper overall. I like his flow a lot better then Joes. Also to me, he is more versatile. Almost every Budden song is emotional if not, it's just a bunch of punchlines. He is still ill as f**k. But he isn't that good of a song maker.
 8 years ago '07        #88
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
Damn yall still arguing over that battle. joe budden clearly won. Plus sai is on amalgam. Lol. But i cant weight...hopefully he gon eat somethn soon. "BRYAN HOW COULD U THINK LESSER THAN ME WHEN U CLEARLY THE LESSER MC THOUGHT ITD B FUN BUT THATS DEADED 2 ME AT THIS POINT IM BATTLIN MY OWN PERCEPTION TRYNA BEAT WHATS EXPECTED OF ME.
Posted via Mobile Device
That was a sick line. But dont act like Sai didn't rip it. Also joey got lines from his fans online. How can i really respect that? Lets be real.

Both had sick disses and either one could be the winner. Don't act like Joey clearly won when that clearly wasn't the case.
 8 years ago '07        #89
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
 Get it Right said:
I don't know what to say about you kids today, one rapper dissed another MC and you children pick sides. When The Game dissed Budden I played his record (I still like his record and play it now and then), but Joe Budden won the battle.

If you actually think Saigon won the battle, please provide an argument of why you think he won the battle along with evidence, maybe I will consider your theory then. Stop going around saying Saigon k!lled him.

Saigon admitted he's not a battle rapper and he was the only one of the two with a lack of confidences, not once did you see or hear Budden act this way.
Why did Joe Budden win?

IMO Saigons songs had a better flow and a better verse overall. But I guess all you guys care about is punchlines.

"Hold up this n*gga Budden as.lut/
be getting f**ked in the but thats why he be sayin UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH/
What kinda grown a.ss man be saying UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?/
f**k that he called me out and now its UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNN(On)/"

I like s**t like that better then...

"Went in a tight end, then came out a wide receiver/"

Because in reality, you can say that about anybody who did jail time.
 8 years ago '04        #90
The Majestic 
space
space
$3,865 | Props total: 21 21
Saigon, the one who ethered Budden.....100% truth
 8 years ago '06        #91
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
 slimwillie said:
right so he's selling out and getting nothing in return.

Maino is NY trash don't kid yourself

@ Maino getting a release date before Saigon
u're not that bright are u??

first off, the song to call em a "sell out" hasnt even come out so we dont even kno the result of it yet

yeah i agree maino aint all dat but when u have 2 smash hits, u will get a release date, no matter how trash u are, if maino was a south artist, he wouldve gotten a release date right after hi hater

and yeah @maino getting a release date before saigon but at least its a NY artist who comin out wit a decent music
 8 years ago '06        #92
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 kakish said:
Why did Joe Budden win?

IMO Saigons songs had a better flow and a better verse overall. But I guess all you guys care about is punchlines.

"Hold up this n*gga Budden as.lut/
be getting f**ked in the but thats why he be sayin UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH/
What kinda grown a.ss man be saying UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?/
f**k that he called me out and now its UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNN(On)/"

I like s**t like that better then...

"Went in a tight end, then came out a wide receiver/"

Because in reality, you can say that about anybody who did jail time.

joe budden's diss was something new and better

saigon's was a good diss but it was all the same s**t we had already heard from ransom and that he already had said in his terrible first diss..his s**t was basically the ransom diss worded differently

Last edited by coolio; 06-23-2009 at 12:45 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #93
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548 OP
space
space
$92,466 | Props total: 69969 69969
 slimwillie said:
nothing wrong wit sellin out as long as you get paid.. Sai did a song wit Trey and then remixed it wit Game and BG and still no-one cares.

if no-one was gonna care he should gave the kinda music that he makes not some generic bulls**t that every1 makes
U do a song with an r&b artist so u sold out? funniest s**t I heard all day so far.

And I doubt if it was his choice to put out that song, its called a LABEL, they're the ones that tell u this is what's gonna happen since we're lending you our money. Papoose didn't wanna do it the label way, now look where he's at...:yayo:

Oh yeah, when is gillie da kid droppin :greetings10:

GILLIEEEEE
 8 years ago '06        #94
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
Sai suprised me in this matchup....... Joe is obviously more in his element with making diss tracks, and keeping it relevant and fresh...

Lyrically- witty lines,wordplay etc Joe got him, but was a lot closer then i expected
Personals- both had a lot of clever personals, sai go a little more grimmey bring joey's family into it But at the same point, fab smashing his girl has already been common knowledge and brought up a fair amount of times...

i thought all 4 of the tracks were entertaining..... It's gay to choose sides jus appreciate the quality s**t they put out
 8 years ago '07        #95
space
space
 slimwillie said:
no you do a song that introduces you to the mainstream hiphop and you copy what every1 elses is doin is selling out

Saigon did it the labels way and he's in just a bad a position as Papoose

so Pap said no and sat while saigon played the yessir role and sat

doing it your way and sitting>>>>>>being a label puppet and sitting

I don't listen to Gillie what you askin me for
Im pretty sure saigon can get a deal on a major or indie before papoose, for the simple fact saigon hit the charts with pain in my life & come on baby...but who cares no sense of debatin over some pointless s**t lol
 8 years ago '06        #96
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
Im pretty sure saigon can get a deal on a major or indie before papoose, for the simple fact saigon hit the charts with pain in my life & come on baby...but who cares no sense of debatin over some pointless s**t lol
it's not that easy to get a deal and im not even sure he'd want to be on a major again

but what i find funny is you keep saying "he is not independent by choice" referring to joe then say saigon can get a deal on a major cause of pain in my life and come on baby..so if joe really isnt independent by choice and wanted to be on a major, he wouldn't be able to get one seeing as pump it up and fire were also on the charts and alot bigger than saigon's singles?

and dont respond to this with the usual "oh look people he's following my posts again" or w/e excuses u usually come up with..just answer it honestly cause it's a honest question

Last edited by coolio; 06-23-2009 at 01:11 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #97
space
space
 coolio said:
it's not that easy to get a deal and im not even sure he'd want to be on a major again

but what i find funny is you keep saying "he is not independent by choice" referring to joe then say saigon can get a deal on a major cause of pain in my life and come on baby..so if joe really isnt independent by choice and wanted to be on a major, he wouldn't be able to get one seeing as pump it up and fire were also on the charts and alot bigger than saigon's singles?

and dont respond to this with the usual "oh look people he's following my posts again" or w/e excuses u usually come up with..just answer it honestly cause it's a honest question
This is 2009, not 02/03...if joe had those singles then and was dropped, he woulda been scooped up real fast, more than likely by money-hungry interscope. Today, I think saigon can get a deal with def jam easily, he can do the same s**t fab and kiss do and call it a day cuz he had club singles in this era of music downloading n s**t...

Idk why joe isn't on a major, wait cuz what did he do years on a major? Nothing. Before jay-z was there, what was he doin? s**t joe last contract wasn't a 360 deal, that's why joe got money now cuz he was doin shows and def jam wasn't gettin s**t. U can blame the a&r for not giving the green light to the growth to be put out, but joe coulda released his s**t on his own and had the label play catchup like 50 did with the massacre.

I can't really dwell on that situaton cuz I know its more to it just like stat quo, but for joe to not be on a major today is funny cuz they tellin him yo u gonna do a 360 deal, but what has joe done to not have a 360 deal sit on a label doin nothin for years then wanna blame hov? lol right...
 8 years ago '06        #98
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
This is 2009, not 02/03...if joe had those singles then and was dropped, he woulda been scooped up real fast, more than likely by money-hungry interscope. Today, I think saigon can get a deal with def jam easily, he can do the same s**t fab and kiss do and call it a day cuz he had club singles in this era of music downloading n s**t...

Idk why joe isn't on a major, wait cuz what did he do years on a major? Nothing. Before jay-z was there, what was he doin? s**t joe last contract wasn't a 360 deal, that's why joe got money now cuz he was doin shows and def jam wasn't gettin s**t. U can blame the a&r for not giving the green light to the growth to be put out, but joe coulda released his s**t on his own and had the label play catchup like 50 did with the massacre.

I can't really dwell on that situaton cuz I know its more to it just like stat quo, but for joe to not be on a major today is funny cuz they tellin him yo u gonna do a 360 deal, but what has joe done to not have a 360 deal sit on a label doin nothin for years then wanna blame hov? lol right...

so u think saigon can easily get a deal with a major today yet somebody with alot more buzz can't? let's be serious if a label was looking at who can make them more money, u think they want saigon or joe?

saigon was on a major as well and didnt do s**t..said he'd release the greatest story never told if he gets pushed back again, he got pushed back and still didnt release it

so how are u dissing somebody for one thing and then favoring another artist who basically went through the samething?

only difference is when saigon saw he wasnt getting no where with the label, he decided to "retire" only to come back soon after..joe, on the other hand, got himself off the label and started releasing music like crazy and gaining more and more buzz
 8 years ago '06        #99
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
 coolio said:
so u think saigon can easily get a deal with a major today yet somebody with alot more buzz can't? let's be serious if a label was looking at who can make them more money, u think they want saigon or joe?

saigon was on a major as well and didnt do s**t..said he'd release the greatest story never told if he gets pushed back again, he got pushed back and still didnt release it

so how are u dissing somebody for one thing and then favoring another artist who basically went through the samething?

only difference is when saigon saw he wasnt getting no where with the label, he decided to "retire" only to come back soon after..joe, on the other hand, got himself off the label and started releasing music like crazy and gaining more and more buzz
But what real buzz does Joe have, other than the internet? I'm not saying he isn't recognizable, but what has all the internet chat done for him initially? It didn't give him the same push he had 6/7 years ago. He didn't break out, is what I'm trying to say.

And Sai can get another major label deal if he wanted. He still has the same industry connects in his corner. So if wanted to go back to a major, he could get some meetings. But he said he doesn't want too. That is the reason he didn't leak his album. Because he said it's not just his album, it's Just Blaze's album and everybody else's album. He didn't want to disrespect those people by leaking all the hard work that he, Just Blaze, and everybody else was doing. Hey, I respect the man's loyalty.

Sai been making muisc, he's been putting out tracks. He's working on a major movie role. He just doesn't flood the market, and make himself as visable as a lot of artist do these days. Joe uses the internet as his tool. I'm sure Sai would have the same talk as Joe on the boards, if he did the same. He just chose not to.
 8 years ago '08        #100
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 305 305
saigon gonna be 40 still trying to drop his debut

i thought he should have again started to push for a release date when believe it came out last year, traxk was ill
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
154 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy