Top 10 most famous sports teams in the world?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
219 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-17-2009, 01:19 PM         #21
DJatar  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh at anyone putting football teams lol @ u thinking anyone gives a s**t about football outside of the US and Canada
 8 years ago '04        #22
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
 bconngemini said:
I'm Chinese and can tell you no one gives a flying s**t about barry bonds or giants in China. The only American teams which would be widely recognized there are the Lakers and Rockets.
ur really dumb. i've been to china. just cuz you are chinese doesnt mean you know what the country cares about.

what city in the USA has the largest asian population? SF, idiot.

they also like the yankees because of chin mein wang, who is taiwanese.

and china loves the NBA, i played basketball with people there and they asked me about lots of teams and players. most popular was kobe bryant, but they also knew about iverson, garnett, mcgrady. and of course jordan is a legend everywhere basketball is appreciated.
 8 years ago '04        #23
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
lakers
rockets
yankees
cowboys
then a bunch of soccer teams
 8 years ago '04        #24
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 franchise said:
ur really dumb. i've been to china. just cuz you are chinese doesnt mean you know what the country cares about.

and china loves the NBA, i played basketball with people there and they asked me about lots of teams and players. most popular was kobe bryant, but they also knew about iverson, garnett, mcgrady. and of course jordan is a legend everywhere basketball is appreciated.
r they really called taiwanese? i never really thought about it. im curious

i just figured they were tai like the people from tailand(sp?)
 06-17-2009, 01:26 PM         #25
bconngemini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cali22buck said:
Actually Mariucci and Gruden both said that theyve been in other countries and have seen Raider fans wearing Raiders gear.
Where? And what percentage of the world do those Americans living abroad represent? If you think there is a large fanbase outside the US and Canada for the raiders (or american football in general), you are delusional. They are not world famous by any stretch of the imagination.
 8 years ago '04        #26
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
^^^ yes, and no not thai, like thailand. very very different. taiwan is not thailand lol
 06-17-2009, 01:30 PM         #27
bconngemini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 franchise said:

You've been to China, I was born, raised and lived 15 years in China. I can tell you no one gives a s**t about barry bonds in China and giants are no where even near being the most famous team in China. Baseball is not a popular sport in China. Period. You're calling me stupid and you think China cares about baseball? Get a grip. I'm glad you like the giants but they are not one of the 10 most famous sports teams in the world. Not even close. Its stupid to even suggest it, its like saying some cricket team is the widely famous in the US because a few people know it in larger cities.

Kobe and Lakers are famous in China though.
 06-17-2009, 01:31 PM         #28
bconngemini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 casper said:
lakers
rockets
yankees
cowboys
then a bunch of soccer teams
More like it, replace cowboys with something else though, like the chicago bulls.
 8 years ago '08        #29
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 524 524
IDK why people keep putn football teams. No other country plays american football like America are gives a f**k about it @ dis time. You can only argue soccer teams, baseball, and basketball now that it has spread thru an international level rapidly, especially in China. A lot of people in Asian countries know about Lakers and Bulls because of Kobe and Jordan. You go anywhere to the West Indies or even parts of South America, and your gonna see mostly Celtics Jerseys. Add to that those madrid and manchester united soccer teams, and the NY yankees, and maybe the red sox, maybe...

and your list makes sense, from a WORLDWIDE standpoint.
 8 years ago '04        #30
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
the OP sure is close minded. he asks us what do WE think the top 10 would be, then calls US delusional like he knows the answers but doesnt even post a list of his own. on top of that, he lives in canada and thinks because he is of chinese heritage that he knows what the actual chinese people care about.

[pic - click to view]

^^^ this is me in CHINA, reppin Oakland "The Town" shirt with a SF Giants hat. i didnt bring up Barry Bonds, but Chinese people did when asking me about The SF Giants
 8 years ago '04        #31
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
 bconngemini said:
Where? And what percentage of the world do those Americans living abroad represent? If you think there is a large fanbase outside the US and Canada for the raiders (or american football in general), you are delusional. They are not world famous by any stretch of the imagination.
Im not saying they are more popular than the soccer teams.

The soccer teams are the most popular by far....But if you had to include american teams the Raiders, Lakers, Niners, and SF Giants are the only teams you would see in other countries..Prolly Rockets too(YAO)
 8 years ago '04        #32
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
 bconngemini said:
You've been to China, I was born, raised and lived 15 years in China. I can tell you no one gives a s**t about barry bonds in China and giants are no where even near being the most famous team in China. Baseball is not a popular sport in China. Period. You're calling me stupid and you think China cares about baseball? Get a grip. I'm glad you like the giants but they are not one of the 10 most famous sports teams in the world. Not even close. Its stupid to even suggest it, its like saying some cricket team is the widely famous in the US because a few people know it in larger cities.

Kobe and Lakers are famous in China though.
The SF Giants are famous in Japan and in Latin America. Japanese Baseball team even designed a team after the SF Giants.

i never said they were the most famous team in china, they arent. but people do know about them and asked me about them. which says something.
 8 years ago '04        #33
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
how long ago did you live there op? you sound a little out of touch. what city did you live in? i traveled to many cities.
 06-17-2009, 01:48 PM         #34
bconngemini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cali22buck said:
Im not saying they are more popular than the soccer teams.
s
The soccer teams are the most popular by far....But if you had to include american teams the Raiders, Lakers, Niners, and SF Giants are the only teams you would see in other countries..Prolly Rockets too(YAO)
Imo, I have lived in China and Europe, and have have travelled to South Africa for a year and can agree with the Lakers, Yankees, Bulls...etc. I think that NBA has grown a lot over the past year and is seen as pretty cool worldwide. However NOT one single American football team, not raiders, not 49ers. I say this as a huge raiders fan, I tried to find someone anyone to talk to about the raiders in my travels and nobody had a clue what I was talking about. Most of the world couldn't name you one single american football team or player. Its as popular outside the US and sumo wrestling is outside Japan or Australian football outside Australia. Its like hearing a Australian suggest that some aussie rules football team is one of the top 10 most famous teams because its huge in Australia.
 06-17-2009, 01:54 PM         #35
bconngemini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 franchise said:
how long ago did you live there op? you sound a little out of touch. what city did you live in? i traveled to many cities.
15 years. I was born in Hangzhou. I can tell you without any doubt whatsover that neither San Francisco Giants nor any baseball team are famous in China to any relevant extent. Its silly to even argue over this.

If you did meet someone that knew them, that's nice. They do not represent the 99.999% who don't.
 8 years ago '04        #36
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 521 521
all i kno the cowboys are in there ;)
 8 years ago '04        #37
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
^^^ i lived in hangzhou and if you havent been there in 15 years a lot has changed. (not talking about sports anymore)

[pic - click to view]

06-17-2009, 02:01 PM         #38
bconngemini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 franchise said:
^^^ i lived in hangzhou and if you havent been there in 15 years a lot has changed. (not talking about sports anymore)

[pic - click to view]

A lot has changed in CHina in general. The economic rise has been phenomenal in the last 2 decades. Last time I was there 3 years ago, I wanted to go for the Olympics but had to work :(
 8 years ago '04        #39
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
^^^ also true. i left a few months before the olympics. but i heard hangzhou used to be known as a beautiful city. they changed a lot and tore down some historic sites to put up newer buildings. very true about the economic rise, my translator who hadnt been back to china since he left about the same time you did was shocked by the inflation of everything. 100 dollars used to be a lot of money he was saying.

[pic - click to view]

i was papered up
 8 years ago '04        #40
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
 bconngemini said:
Imo, I have lived in China and Europe, and have have travelled to South Africa for a year and can agree with the Lakers, Yankees, Bulls...etc. I think that NBA has grown a lot over the past year and is seen as pretty cool worldwide. However NOT one single American football team, not raiders, not 49ers. I say this as a huge raiders fan, I tried to find someone anyone to talk to about the raiders in my travels and nobody had a clue what I was talking about. Most of the world couldn't name you one single american football team or player. Its as popular outside the US and sumo wrestling is outside Japan or Australian football outside Australia. Its like hearing a Australian suggest that some aussie rules football team is one of the top 10 most famous teams because its huge in Australia.
I was in the Air Force and travelled to a lot of countries...Ive seen Raiders, Niners, SF Giants, Lakers, Yankees, and Dodgers merchandise in quite a few places.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy