4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm

most viewed right now
 63
Meek Mill just got locked up on IG Live
139 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 55
Aug 17 - Hooters is hurting cause Millennials don't like t1ts no more, P0rnHub..
109 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
 46
NFL Shannon Sharpe "Jason Garrett 'Coward',Pete Carroll 'Coward', John Lynch '..
87 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Tyler, The Creator Speaks On His First Boyfriend
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
12886 pageviews
6 comments


killnarmy 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 1997 1997
4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm
 

 
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.

6 comments for "4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm"

 8 years ago '04        #2
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,506 | Props total: 3 3
 killnarmy said:
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.

Its not a "best" situation when it comes to wiring set ups. The ohm load of the amp is based on the subs they are powering. So whatever subs you end up with will determine what wiring set up you use. The sub that you are getting will only allow you to run it at "4-ohms" (that is if it is a single 4 ohm sub). If you got another one, you can run the amp at 2 ohms.
 8 years ago '05        #3
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 67 67
 killnarmy said:
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.
yea the higher the cleaner the signal, but dont think youre goin 4 sq so it really doesnt matter.

with that setup ill recommend running it at 2 ohms.
 8 years ago '04        #4
killnarmy 27 heat pts27 OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 1997 1997
 Drug Dylan said:
Its not a "best" situation when it comes to wiring set ups. The ohm load of the amp is based on the subs they are powering. So whatever subs you end up with will determine what wiring set up you use. The sub that you are getting will only allow you to run it at "4-ohms" (that is if it is a single 4 ohm sub). If you got another one, you can run the amp at 2 ohms.
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
 8 years ago '04        #5
JayR04 110 heat pts110
space
avatar space
space
$10,580 | Props total: 4824 4824
 killnarmy said:
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
 8 years ago '04        #6
killnarmy 27 heat pts27 OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 1997 1997
^Thanks man, I guess I got confused with my other sub. Maybe I shoulda got the 2-ohm DVC sub. So if my sub is 4 ohm dvc 600rms how much is it gonna push if wired to 2 ohms?


Last edited by killnarmy; 06-15-2009 at 10:21 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #7
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,506 | Props total: 3 3
 killnarmy said:
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
With 1 4 ohm DVC sub, you will be able to run it at 2 ohms or 8 ohms. 1 2 ohm DVC sub, you will be able to run it at 1 ohm or 4. You will get roughly 750/800 watts at 2 ohms.


Last edited by Drug Dylan; 06-16-2009 at 07:31 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
BOX Mike Tyson's 5 best knockouts with 1 punch
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside When Did Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Get Butt Injections To Protect Her Ra..
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
she definitely doesn't skip leg day
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside 1999 Throwback: Dame Dash Screams On Kevin Liles For Giving His Artist ..
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Tiffany Haddish Got Stephen Colbert Ready To Risk It All
127 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Yall remember Emma from Degrassi?
76 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside Casey Affleck says Ben Affleck is DONE playing Batman
53 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Article inside THE END OF APPS: How Apple, Facebook, and Google are ushering in the ..
9 comments
1 day ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy