16-year-old Las Vegas baseball phenom to skip 2 years of high school

most viewed right now
 118
Video inside throwback: kanye speaks up for himself after beanie sigel calls him gay
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 93
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
80 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
168 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 65
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
223 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
casper 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 2 2
 NoLedge18720 said:
I mean I batted .600 as a 16 yr old too but I didnt have 14 hrs or 39 steals. My s**t was all line drives(doubles and singles) I had to get lucky to get a triple or steal a base because of that white boy disease
yup, same here. smacked homers in little league then in school ball s**t was a whole new ballgame, but i was good on the bases...not 39 steals good tho, i had between 10-15 steals a year
 9 years ago '04        #22
Konartis81 
space
avatar space
space
$387 | Props total: 0 0
 casper said:
looking at the pic. he had 3 hrs over 480 ft 1 over 500 ft. i'm impressed & ill be looking for him
in the article they said that 502 shot is the longest homer recorded in tropicana field history would have been farther but it hit the back of the dome wall
 9 years ago '04        #23
rikedizzle 
space
avatar space
space
$6,924 | Props total: 835 835
people are really saying finish high school like its life changing to have a high school diploma at 18
 9 years ago '08        #24
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,374 | Props total: 1184 1184
 made in the bay said:
it was in 38 games. i don't know how many of them he played in.

it says he played in 23 games, i dunno maxpreps isn't always accurate
 9 years ago '05        #25
Die-Nasty 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$2,324 | Props total: 2276 2276
 rikedizzle said:
people are really saying finish high school like its life changing to have a high school diploma at 18
Yeah.. finish school for what? So you could get a degree and work for a high level company... yeah... I know too many dudes with degrees that aren't doin' too much... go where the money is at... I heard Strasburg getting 30-40 Million guaranteed... He'll get that too.... He can go back to school if he fails and be 40 Millions Dollars richer... SI is going to be under some heat though for this
 9 years ago '06        #26
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
hes 16...
did we all forget how we were when we were 16? Lol
some of us were on myspace. others were doing stupid s**t.
your whole perspective on life changes when you're 18. you're much more mature and smarter. at least that happend to me. idk about you guys..

if his parents were smart, they should let him finish high school then let him do what he wants. the fact that they are willing to let him go now, shows how greedy they are to get his money

edit: getting the diploma is not that big of a deal considering the position that he is, but is all the stuff that he learns from life on his way to graduating.


Last edited by Manny05; 06-15-2009 at 08:23 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #27
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$19,169 | Props total: 1759 1759
 Phillips said:
Ron Harper? the basketball player? is that his son?
LMFAO. yep. his 100% white-skinned son.
 9 years ago '06        #28
YERCELL 
space
avatar space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 Manny05 said:
hes 16...
did we all forget how we were when we were 16? Lol
some of us were on myspace. others were doing stupid s**t.
your whole perspective on life changes when you're 18. you're much more mature and smarter. at least that happend to me. idk about you guys..

if his parents were smart, they should let him finish high school then let him do what he wants. the fact that they are willing to let him go now, shows how greedy they are to get his money

edit: getting the diploma is not that big of a deal considering the position that he is, but is all the stuff that he learns from life on his way to graduating.
Yeah, good post. You think it's BS when you're younger, but you really know so much more and are far more mature even in those couple years and then into your twenties.
 9 years ago '06        #29
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,644 | Props total: 19980 19980
Hes going to mature hes still going to be in community college and will be around older people I think he will mature a lot faster. He will probably play baseball for the team just like Albert Pujols did
 9 years ago '04        #30
NoLedge18720 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$28,347 | Props total: 8134 8134
 Rique said:
I thought the white boy disease was not being able to jump theres plenty of fast white boys
a lot more slow white boys than fast white boys. Whens the last time you saw a white boy win the 100m
 06-15-2009, 11:54 AM         #31
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
6'3" 205 pound 16 year old?

Jesus..
 9 years ago '07        #32
Scion69 
space
avatar space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
 Manny05 said:
hes 16...
did we all forget how we were when we were 16? Lol
some of us were on myspace. others were doing stupid s**t.
your whole perspective on life changes when you're 18. you're much more mature and smarter. at least that happend to me. idk about you guys..

if his parents were smart, they should let him finish high school then let him do what he wants. the fact that they are willing to let him go now, shows how greedy they are to get his money

edit: getting the diploma is not that big of a deal considering the position that he is, but is all the stuff that he learns from life on his way to graduating.
This kid dont need 2 finish he will b just fine read the Si.Kids a beast and he is goin 2 play in college so he will still be in school.And his brother is already in the pros...I THink SO they dont need the money
 9 years ago '06        #33
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$26,873 | Props total: 10213 10213
for that one, theres 300 phenoms in the dominican republic just waiting
even younger then 16
 9 years ago '06        #34
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 Scion69 said:
This kid dont need 2 finish he will b just fine read the Si.Kids a beast and he is goin 2 play in college so he will still be in school.And his brother is already in the pros...I THink SO they dont need the money
hes 16 going to college.. i mean i dont know how good he is academically.. hes no bill gates but who knows. either way that college will probably take it easy on him since they want him to promote their team sport at that university.
my boy, solid baseball player, goes to a university here in rhode island. he probably takes like 3-4 classes..full ride because of baseball..work is mad easy.. and hes easily distracted..
imagine a 16 year old in a college environment.. a lot of s**t come into play at such a young age..

at the end of the article, even the kid told his dad he wanted to get his GED and then do college/baseball. and the article suggest he might be going to the 2010 draft.
i bet his father is pushing him to go right into the draft.
 9 years ago '04        #35
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$44,372 | Props total: 15130 15130
 NoLedge18720 said:
I mean I batted .600 as a 16 yr old too but I didnt have 14 hrs or 39 steals. My s**t was all line drives(doubles and singles) I had to get lucky to get a triple or steal a base because of that white boy disease
what is that suppose to mean ?
 9 years ago '04        #36
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$7,789 | Props total: 310 310
at blaming your skin tone for your lack of athleticism
 9 years ago '04        #37
rikedizzle 
space
avatar space
space
$6,924 | Props total: 835 835
manny05 basically what you are saying is he wont get the full high school experience. while it was fun, i would think the getting ready to go pro at 16 experience would be a lot more fun and unique.
 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM         #38
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, I was going to say they had to have played ATLEAST 30 games.
 9 years ago '07        #39
Scion69 
space
avatar space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
 Manny05 said:
hes 16 going to college.. i mean i dont know how good he is academically.. hes no bill gates but who knows. either way that college will probably take it easy on him since they want him to promote their team sport at that university.
my boy, solid baseball player, goes to a university here in rhode island. he probably takes like 3-4 classes..full ride because of baseball..work is mad easy.. and hes easily distracted..
imagine a 16 year old in a college environment.. a lot of s**t come into play at such a young age..

at the end of the article, even the kid told his dad he wanted to get his GED and then do college/baseball. and the article suggest he might be going to the 2010 draft.
i bet his father is pushing him to go right into the draft.
Yea but this kid is prolly very Mature i mean he has ben travlin all his life playin ball.
 9 years ago '06        #40
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
high school experience?????
im talking about his maturity level
no kid especially at 16 should be in college
at 16 you are way more vulnerable to fall into bad habits
again, i dont know the kid but hes still 16.... did we all forget how we were at 16?
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 87
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
82 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Drake- Iím Upset
404 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 52
MMA UFC Fight Night 130: Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson vs. Darren Till
335 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
74 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
NFL This guy can still shut down your favorite receiver
60 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Stanley won the lottery... But don't trust no niggas
35 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy