When Popeyes runs out of chicken
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
Sources confirm Miami is very interested in Raven's starting center Jason Brown. Sources also indicate Buffalo center Duke Preston is also in the mix.

Also, Ray Finkle shirts are on sale:

yo that site got a bunch of shirts that took it back for me...some of em i have no idea tho

ok since crowder's leavin...& all these wrs are available in FA

how do the players around the league feel about playin for miami now that we've improved???
 9 years ago '04        #42
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I also heard through the grapevine that Miami still has Dallas LB Bobby Carpenter on radar. I know Sparano & Parcells always liked Bobby and with their Dallas ties/connections this move wouldn't surprise me.

I reported this to you guys back on the 3rd, but the Herald just put out an article today confirming my sources:

LB Carpenter might still have "the makeup"

Bill Parcells likes some players because they have, "the makeup." No, we're not talking eyeliner or lipstick here -- although some of your responses suggest some of you guys would like that. The makeup is about a player's disposition, work ethic, desire, ability, intelligence and other things that make him successful.

Of course, Parcells misses on some of these guys, but sometimes the guys Parcells identifies as having, "the makeup," don't succeed only because they're not given the right opportunity, or perhaps they are sidtracked by injuries. As Curley of the Three Stooges would say, they're victims of circumstances.

Bobby Carpenter might be one such player. When he was in Dallas, Parcells picked Carpenter with the 18th overall pick in the first round of the 2006 draft. Carpenter, 6-2 and 250 pounds, didn't blossom in the one year Parcells was there and has fallen behind on the depth chart the past couple of seasons.

Last year the Cowboys wanted inside linebacker help and they signed Zach Thomas. This year, they're talking of trying to sign Ray Lewis. Carpenter is seemingly never in the conversation.

And that might make Carpenter, bordering on becoming a bust in Dallas, a possible Parcells target in the coming weeks as the Dolphins search for inside linebacker help. Understand that the Dolphins showed mild interest in trading for Carpenter last season but the Cowboys rebuffed the overtures.
 9 years ago '04        #43
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
i never even heard of this guy
 9 years ago '04        #44
space
space
 casper said:
i never even heard of this guy
Carpenter and A.J. Hawk were the soul and power of the OSU team back in 2005
 9 years ago '04        #45
space
space
Not much to say. The Dolphins have offered contract extensions to Yeremiah Bell, Channing Crowder, Vernon Carey, Justin Smiley and even offered a 2nd renegotiated contract to Carey.

Nobody is budging or signing. The team will not use the franchise tag on Yeremiah Bell like many expected allowing him to test the waters in free agency.

With the exception of Smiley, all these players are likely to find better offers from other teams, especially Bell.

:banghead:
 9 years ago '05        #46
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
this is bad news if bell leaves
 9 years ago '08        #47
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
ahhhh fu*k'

wtf is wrong with these dudes, dont they want MIAMI TO WIN A BOWL!

1 - 1 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 50% 182 (+3) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 1-0, Rank #273 | Aug 09: 35-39, Rank #484 *
 9 years ago '04        #48
space
space
Miami re-signed Vernon Carey

[pic - click to view]

the contract is 6-years and $42 million

With this move, expect Miami to pursue the following players:

RG Brandon Moore
C Jason Brown

The Dolphins staff have been buzzing over these two players in the past couple weeks and many reports out of NY show Moore being released. Moore is an incredible run blocker and fits perfectly for the need at solid guard play that Justin Smiley, Donald Thomas, Shawn Murphy and Samson Satele are expected to battle for.

C Jason Brown is less likely but if he hits the market, Bill Parcels and Sparano already stated he's of major interest to the team.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 02-20-2009 at 11:48 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #49
space
space
Crowder says he expects to become free agent
The a.ssociated Press

[pic - click to view]

JUPITER, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder expects to be on the free agent market next week, based on his most recent conversations with general manager Jeff Ireland and vice president of football operations Bill Parcells.

"They said, 'Well, we want to see what your market value is, and see where it goes from there,'" Crowder said Friday night at a charity softball game involving NFL players. "So hopefully it does get real, real high and they have to match something high, but we'll see when free agency comes around."

NFL free agency begins Feb. 27. The Dolphins on Friday announced they re-signed right tackle Vernon Carey, leaving Crowder, safeties Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill and cornerback Andre Goodman to become unrestricted free agents.

Crowder finished second on the team last season with a career-high 114 tackles. The former Florida Gators star has spent his entire four-year NFL career with the Dolphins.

"They did have the whole season to re-sign me, and they really didn't want to talk about anything, so maybe they didn't like me as a player or whatever it was," Crowder said. "If they want to get into a bidding battle with somebody, that means they really didn't want me anyway.

"I want to play football next year, and I'm confident I can play in the NFL, so I'll play football next year and hopefully it's with the Dolphins. But if it's with somebody else, I know I can play football. They had the first crack at it and they dropped the ball, so we'll see what other teams do. It's their loss."
 02-22-2009, 04:46 PM         #50
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh...
 9 years ago '04        #51
space
space
according to Bell's agent, the Miami Dolphins have recently put in another strong push to re-sign Yeremiah Bell. Appearing on the local television station WSVN-7, agent Drew Rosenhaus admitted that negotiations have picked up again and Bell's contract has become a priority to the Dolphins' front office.

Bell turns 31 in March and will face a likely 2-3 year contract extension at max. Guaranteed money is apparently the bidding blockage both parties are facing.
 9 years ago '04        #52
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
I hope Bell resigns...If he doesnt that's a big hole to fill, hopefully they will pick somebody else up then
 9 years ago '04        #53
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
yea, we need that
 9 years ago '05        #54
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
see ya later channing
 9 years ago '05        #55
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
Well looks like some people wont be getting their wish.. Dolphins re-signed Channing Crowder. Heres the link:
 9 years ago '05        #56
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
well i am glad we resigned him even though i wasnt happy with the arrogant way he went to the papers

btw, ill any word on what the deal was
 9 years ago '04        #57
space
space
 The_Legend23 said:
btw, ill any word on what the deal was
3-Years Extension
$22 Million

Also there is a clause in the contract supposedly that protects a % of Crowder's payout if he were to fall on injured reserve mid-season. I don't have the details laid out because the contract is not negotiated publicly. The media will and should have the specifications by 12 a.m. Friday when free agency begins.

Yeremiah Bell is also expected to be re-signed by then. Renaldo Hill could be a casualty from what I hear. I also heard Miami and Raven's C/G Jason Brown are in contract discussions already secretly.

That's all I have for now.

I do expect Pennington to push the FO for Coles' services now that the Jets removed him from the team. I just hope the franchise is smart enough not to sign him for more then 2 years.
 9 years ago '04        #58
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
Hell yeah we need to pick up Coles...Annnnnnnnnnd since Ray Ray is thinking about leaving the Ravens maybe he's come back to Miami
 9 years ago '04        #59
space
space
 D.A.R.S. said:
.Annnnnnnnnnd since Ray Ray is thinking about leaving the Ravens maybe he's come back to Miami
honestly it isn't even a possibility with cap money - + we don't need him
 9 years ago '04        #60
space
space
i think after Crowder the team is down to around $16 Million in cap room we were around $19 million before he re-signed
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
34 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy