Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #421
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
i would be more willing to accept interceptions if it was Pennington taking chances downfield. but interceptions (consistently) being between 10-20 yards for me is inexcusable. Pennington is a smart QB - i will never doubt that and he really does see the field. However I said it before, if it isn't a trick play designed to have a WR ridiculously open downfield he's not going to make the throw...

Chad Henne will take the throw from Pennington but when is still up in the air. Pennington is on a short leash...

Pat White is only the #2 QB so he can be utilized in Wild Cat packages... which doesn't bode well for Pennington if he ever loses his job to Henne...
 8 years ago '04        #422
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
by what week do yall think until henne starts?

of course i know it all depends on how the season is goin but, regardless next year is henne time, id like him to at least get a few starts before then, what do yall think?
 8 years ago '08        #423
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
pennington will finish the season

1 - 1 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 50% 198 (-16) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 1-0, Rank #273 | Aug 09: 35-39, Rank #484 *
 09-18-2009, 04:26 PM         #424
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

It is a few days before the home opener, a Monday night game against the Indianapolis Colts, and Tony Sparano has his game face firmly in place. He is disappointed over the way the Dolphins performed in the opener at Atlanta and he has stressed that displeasure to his players this week. Sparano takes both a look back and a look ahead in this interview with Dolphin Digest editor Andy Cohen, exclusively for MiamiDolphins.com.

Q. Coach, how do you think your team will respond to the adversity of last week's game?

TS: I'm not sure, to be truthful. I think deep down they will respond favorably. If their work week has anything to do with how they'll play, I think they'll play a lot better.

Q. Were you tough on the players this week as a follow-up to the Atlanta game?

TS: I was pretty much the same this week as any other week. The difference in this week, when you lose a game the way we lost the Atlanta game, there is a more focused approach to some of the details like taking care of the football. Now, we stress this every week, but I think the players are thinking about it a little more after the four turnovers in Atlanta.

Q. Can you think about it too much?

TS: No, I don't think so. You try to drill them. You try to put them in those situations on the field as much as possible. But you can't think about it too much, not when the numbers are so telling when you turn the ball over that much. I think if you're not thinking about it, you are not doing your job.

Q. You sat here a week ago and said, 'If we can stop the run, we have a great chance in this game.' Well, you stopped the run and still lost.

TS: The turnovers changed everything. At halftime, I said to the team: 'Look, we're at minus two turnovers right now. You know what that means?' They know that minus two is a big hole to crawl out of. But we had a half of football left. We were in the ballgame. It was a 10-point game. I had also asked those guys at halftime: 'How many people in this locker room have come back from 10 points down?' I would say that every person and every coach raised their hands. If we stopped the turnovers, we would have had a chance to win the game.

Q. Was there a message this week to the players?

TS: Only that we can't forget what we have done in the past to win games, the formula that worked for us. I'm not concerned about complacency. That is not in the make-up of these players. We just talked a lot about what it takes to win. We put the Atlanta game behind us and we moved on.

Q. Is this one of those weeks where there is no great motivational ploy necessary? You are playing a Monday night against a real good team.

TS: If you have to go in there and get rah-rah, it's probably the wrong message. Monday night football is an exciting night. Coming off a loss, playing the team that we're playing, it should be enough of a motivator.

Q. Don Shula used to tell me that when the Dolphins played on Monday night, he would try to use Monday to get a jump start on the next opponent. Do you do that?

TS: As a coaching staff, we'll do that on Sunday and Monday. We'll go right to work on San Diego, specifically knowing it's a short week and we have to travel. That way the coaches can start Tuesday working on our game plan.

Q. Being an offensive line coach at heart, how do you define success in a game for your offensive line?

TS: No sacks is a way to define it. Certainly the rushing yards is a way. More importantly, it is the individual battles up front that help define success. Watching and getting a chance to see what you coach on tape tells you how the line does.

Q. On the Greg Camarillo play in Atlanta, you threw the red challenge flag at the last possible moment. What went into that?

TS: I initially started arguing about pass interference. I thought there was pushing and shoving going on during the play. Then I thought the officials thought it was a catch. I was waiting to see what the officials ruled as I was trying to get information from upstairs. I kept asking: Is it a catch? Is it a catch? At that point, the replay started. I had three timeouts. Knowing the player who was involved in Camarillo, I just thought we should challenge it.

Q. You've got Joseph Addai of the Colts this week and LaDainian Tomlinson of the Chargers next week. How much do the challenges change depending on the specific skills of the running back?

TS: I think they can change, not so much by the skills of of the running back but more based on what the other team does from an offensive standpoint. Our next two opponents, the Colts and Chargers, approach their running games completely different. One team spreads you out and stretches you and tries to get you running laterally. The other team in San Diego is more of a downhill running team that tries to separate the defense. Two different run games and two totally different runners.

Q. Right now, from what you see of your front seven, how secure do you feel?

TS: I feel secure after one game. They have been practicing well all camp. It was nice to see a few individual players elevate their game. I thought Phillip Merling and Randy Starks had really good games against Atlanta. I was impressed with what Tony McDaniel did in his brief time in the game. These guys stepped up.

Q. The Dolphins have running backs with different skills. Is it hard to give one back enough carries when you have so many talented backs?

TS: Yes, it's hard. You are the mercy at the way the game goes. How long does the other team keep the ball? Do we turn the ball over? If we don't turn the ball over a few times, you have to a.ssume you can run off another nine of 10 snaps. You have to a.ssume that maybe five of those are running plays. See what I mean. That changes the number of carries, and a few more opportunities for Ricky and Ronnie.
 09-18-2009, 05:12 PM         #425
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JT And Porter Plan To Give Manning Blurred Double Vision; Other Notes

Typically on an NFL game day the quarterback can look across the line of scrimmage and easily identify the opposing team’s most dangerous pass rusher. In the week leading up to the game he’ll be able to point to that player’s impressive career statistics to get the attention of his offensive line.

This year’s Miami Dolphins are throwing a monkey wrench into that approach.

Joey Porter and Jason Taylor have been two of the most productive sack artists of the last decade, combining for 185 sacks since 2000. Taylor’s 104 are the most of any player during that time and Porter’s 81 are the fourth highest, and over their careers they have combined for 204.5 sacks, with Taylor getting his first of the season last Sunday at Atlanta.

What that means for Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is that he is going to have his head on a swivel Monday night at Land Shark Stadium when the Colts and the Dolphins square off under the lights and in front of a national television audience on Monday Night Football. This being his 12th year in the league, Manning has faced just about every dangerous pass rusher there is and was on the wrong end of five of Taylor’s career sacks. Only Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe and Rob Johnson have been sacked more by Taylor, and Miami’s starting quarterback Chad Pennington, has been sacked the same amount of times.

“It’s a great challenge to our entire offense,” said Manning, last year’s NFL MVP. “It starts with the run game getting those guys blocked, but especially in the passing game, those guys have established themselves throughout their careers as outstanding pass rushers. It used to be you had one on one side and one on the other and you could kind of focus on one of them. Now you’ve got one on each side so both sides have to be sort of on their toes at all times and be ready for anything with those two guys and it’ll be a real challenge for our offense.”

Porter has only faced Pennington three times in his career – all with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He sacked Manning once in the regular season back in 2005 and then registered 1.5 sacks in the playoffs during Pittsburgh’s run to Super Bowl XL so he has a total of 2.5 sacks. Porter had a career-high 17.5 sacks last year from his outside linebacker spot on the weak side for Miami and has been an outside linebacker for all 11 seasons, while Taylor made his name as a defensive end and is playing outside linebacker full-time for the first time in his 13-year career.

This is actually the second time in three years Porter and Taylor are playing on the same defense, but the Dolphins ran a 4-3 defensive scheme back in 2007 and Porter found himself playing with a hand down more often than he had expected while Taylor lined up as a conventional defensive end. Now they can truly benefit from the attention each one is going to garner in the form of double teams, but against the Colts what Manning can do once he breaks the huddle tends to be an equalizer and he can drive defensive players crazy.

“Everything. All the things he does pre snap,” Taylor said when asked what it is about Manning that makes him so difficult to play against. “The checking, the motion – he doesn’t do a whole lot of motion anymore – but the checking and playing with the snap count. You never know when the ball is going to be snapped so you really have to focus on the ball and not on the cadence. He’ll use the whole play clock. They kind of have a quasi no huddle going that kind of keeps you off balance a little bit. When he’s in a rhythm, he makes it very, very difficult and you’ve got to eliminate the run game like we say every week, but you’ve got to eliminate the run game and try to find a way to get your hands on some balls and disrupt his rhythm.”

More often than not, Manning has found his rhythm to the tune of 45,628 career passing yards, 333 touchdown passes, a 94.7 career passer rating and a career completion percentage of 64.7 percent. He will make his 177th consecutive start, second only to future Hall-of-Famer Brett Favre and has passed for over 4,000 yards nine times but he is without his all-time favorite receiver, Marvin Harrison, and his No. 2 receiver, Anthony Gonzalez, which means his proven targets will be limited to No. 1 wide receiver Reggie Wayne, tight end Dallas Clark and running back Joseph Addai.

Where Manning can create a competitive edge is with his play-action fake if the Colts’ running game can get going, but Miami shut down Atlanta’s vaunted ground attack last week, holding Michael Turner to just 65 yards. Porter tackled Turner for a loss and Taylor has shown an ability to be solid against the run as well. Those two also benefit from the play up front of second-year defensive ends Phillip Merling and Kendall Langford, nose guard Jason Ferguson and defensive ends Randy Starks and Tony McDaniel, but how effective Miami’s pass rush is still starts with Porter and Taylor.

“I’m always excited about going into the game with Jason because I know what he brings on the other side,” Porter said. “I just feel that we’ve got to go out there and take care of Addai. There’s only so much you can do with Peyton. He’s still going to try and get the ball off quick, but we’ve got to try and rattle him. You never can let the offense have both game plans – run the ball and pass the ball, so if it’s going to be pass let’s take away the run and make it an easier on us so we can just know that we’ve got to defend the pass. With any quarterback, even Peyton Manning, you just got to take him out of his comfort zone. … While he’s dropping back you’ve got to have people in his face and just try to disrupt his rhythm.”

Two outside linebackers barreling down on a quarterback increase the chances of getting him out of his rhythm, and Manning will no doubt be cognizant of that come Monday night.

INJURY UPDATE: For the second day in a row, inside linebacker Akin Ayodele (back) was the only player on Miami’s injury report and he participated in a full practice this afternoon.

The Colts had five players that did not practice – Gonzalez (knee), defensive back Tim Jennings (non-football injury – rest), guard Jamey Richard (shoulder), safety Bob Sanders (knee) and tight end Tom Santi (ankle). Offensive tackle Charlie Johnson (back) and defensive back Jamie Silva (abdomen) both practiced in full.

CROWDER MAKES BOLD PREDICTION FOR UF-TENNESSEE: Former Florida Gator Channing Crowder didn’t hold back when he was asked to give his thoughts on tomorrow’s big college football game between the University of Florida and the University of Tennessee up in Gainesville at The Swamp and how Gators head coach Urban Meyer will handle the game.

“He’ll beat the hell out of them,” Crowder said. “(Tennessee coach) Lane Kiffin bit off more than he can chew I guess, so yeah, Urban Meyer’s going to beat the hell out of them. Urban will pull the dogs off and he tries to all of the time but our second and third string players are better than most team’s first stringers by far. He’s not going to pull the dogs off and I don’t want him to get Tebow hurt but I want him to beat the hell out of them, at least by 30 or 40 and let Lane know to shut the hell up the test of the time he’s on in the SEC.

“The game will probably be out of hand about three or four minutes into it, but I say he’ll call them off in the fourth quarter with about two or three minutes left, and then he’ll put in our third string, which is probably still better than Tennessee’s first string. It’ll be a cake walk.”

SPARANO APPRECIATES PRIME TIME EXPOSURE: After going 11-5 in 2008, winning the AFC East and completing the greatest single-season turnaround for a 1-15 team in NFL history, the Dolphins were rewarded by the league with four primetime games this season – three of them at Land Shark Stadium. The last primetime home game Miami was on Christmas Day three years ago in 2006, a 13-10 loss to the New York Jets.

After this Monday night’s game against the Colts, the Dolphins host the Jets on another Monday night three weeks later on Oct. 12, play a Thursday night game at Carolina on Nov. 19 and host the New England Patriots on Sunday night, Dec. 6. Head Coach Tony Sparano appreciates what that means for the franchise.

“I think I have paid attention to that only because we played 16 1 o’clock games last year so I think I got the point,” he said. “I think there is a sense of accomplishment. In Dallas we played a lot of those kinds of primetime games and I think there’s a little bit of something there. I think it’s the league’s way of saying, ‘Hey, you did a good job, and this is the reward,’ and it’s a heck of a reward, it really is. I think that when your team and your organization and your city gets to have this kind of opportunity to be in the spotlight like this I think it’s a heck of a thing.”
 8 years ago '04        #426
space
space
 UnkleLuc_ said:
pennington will finish the season
it wouldn't surprise me. however Sparano wants to win...
 8 years ago '04        #427
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #428
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
nice ^^
 8 years ago '05        #429
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
we better win tonight
 8 years ago '08        #430
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
im so anxious

8 years ago '05        #431
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
i'll be headed down there around 4, should be a sick time
 8 years ago '04        #432
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
We desperately need a receiver before the trade deadline. Can we get SOMEONE to catch a damn ball in the endzone!
 8 years ago '04        #433
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
honestly i just want a real physical over the middle wr, i worry about the other s**t when henne starts
 8 years ago '05        #434
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
yeah tonight was all on ginn.............idk.......................while i will say he should have caught that ball it is irrelivant. our f**king defense is a joke pure clown shoes, on the sideline the whole game and can't make any plays. that is the real reason we lost
 8 years ago '04        #435
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
 The_Legend23 said:
yeah tonight was all on ginn.............idk.......................while i will say he should have caught that ball it is irrelivant. our f**king defense is a joke pure clown shoes, on the sideline the whole game and can't make any plays. that is the real reason we lost
Yeah Dallas Clark racking up 43275824 yards receiving tonight didn't help...and missing tackles too
 8 years ago '08        #436
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
butter muthaf**kin fingers

8 years ago '04        #437
space
space
yall putting too much blame on Ginn. there are other issues far too major that need to be addressed before Ginn. When Ginn sucks a.ss with a long armed QB then we gut him all we want. As long as he's catching 8 yard come back routes and playing conservative with a conservative QB he's not playing Ted Ginn football that he destroyed people with at Ohio State.
 8 years ago '08        #438
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
i dont know man.. he played well but he dropped key passes late

8 years ago '04        #439
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
I put it on Ginn, he dropped not 1 but 2 touchdown passes that a big play receiver would have caught. He's good for little 8-9 yard catches but beyond that he's got hands of stone, can't/won't catch s**t.

The defense was terrible, but Ronnie and Ricky kept us in it, we just didn't have any receivers step up and make big plays, even Fasano dropped that touchdown pass, where last year that was sure to be 6
 8 years ago '04        #440
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,026 | Props total: 2973 2973
shouldve gone after boldin or brandon marshall this offseason. front office is gonna need to take a chance on some big-play talent at one point or another.

overachieving guys like bess and camarillo are hard-workers but if theyre your primary options then youre in a world of trouble.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy