..::2009-2010 Miami Dolphins::..

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #401
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
so much for that.... Dolphins waived/injured TE Davon Drew.

Tony Sparano just got done praising the young TE but clearly nobody from the Ravens informed him about previous injuries he's been dealing with.
 09-09-2009, 02:52 AM         #402
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what the f**k.
 8 years ago '05        #403
Mac1 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
Let's get this season started off with a win! I think we can win this game if we control the clock

Dolphins 17 Falcons 13
 8 years ago '04        #404
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 Mac1 said:
Let's get this season started off with a win! I think we can win this game if we control the clock

Dolphins 17 Falcons 13
that will be key, the falcons control the clock well too with turner
 8 years ago '07        #405
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
we got this....still bad blood between MIA and ATL from the hawks n heat
 8 years ago '05        #406
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
im to hype for tomarrow
 8 years ago '04        #407
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
wth is going on with the offense? detroit has more points and production than us thus far
 8 years ago '05        #408
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
i guarantee henne plays sooner rather then later. pennington looks like the real chad pennington again
 8 years ago '08        #409
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
/Facepalm.

1 - 1 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 50% 198 (-16) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 1-0, Rank #273 | Aug 09: 35-39, Rank #484 *
 8 years ago '04        #410
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,026 | Props total: 2973 2973
just like i feared

i'd have rather gone 0-4 in the preseason and won today

i know its only one game.....but damn, this team needs playmakers badly. ginn is not a true #1 guy, and teams have had an entire offseason to prepare for the nuances of the wildcat. at some point or another we're gonna have to take a chance on a big-name proven offensive playmaker.
 8 years ago '04        #411
space
space
^^^^

sadly I feel Ted Ginn had one of the best games of his career today and nobody could hit him let alone throw it to him.

I don't watch games for stats I'm usually watching individuals and not the overall play. Ted Ginn was wide open so many times today. You saw how wide open he was on that Pat White to Ginn throw. Pat White and his inaccurate (I can't stand him) throw over threw him by a mile. I promise you a solid QB would have hit him easily.

There were many other occasions where Ginn was wide open but Miami kept using trickery and trying to run the ball when they should have been trying to spread the offense. These dink passes have to go. The only time Pennington throws the ball downfield is on a double pass or flea flicker where the play is designed to have the WR ridiculously open...

Pat White showed he adds a better dimension in the wildcat then Pennington but he looked like a dear in the headlights in the mean time...

The staff needs to yell and scream and beat the s**t out of this team this week in practice. Too many times defenders were trying to strip the ball instead of tackling the player. That s**t has to stop until we have the game more in our hands...

Joey Porter was manhandled by Tony Gonzalez today and he needs to work on cutting into the inside better. Jason Taylor looks good but over all Phillip Merling was the only defender that really showed up today. We stopped the run game but Atlanta has far too many options for our secondary to handle consistently. Sean Smith made a rookie mistake today by trying to make a 1 handed INT instead of turning around and jumping for the ball squared off.

Little things and more little things - it's our way of play. We lose that way.

Ronnie Brown needs to fiend off of the 1st quarter and use Ricky Williams later in the game. Not the other way around. Dink passes to Ronnie Brown in the 4th when we're down by 19 accomplished nothing...and it will continue to accomplish nothing.
 8 years ago '09        #412
datnyce 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
19-7 lose

they need to get rid of pennington

and they needa play pat white more so he gets comfortable
 8 years ago '04        #413
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
These dink passes have to go. The only time Pennington throws the ball downfield is on a double pass or flea flicker where the play is designed to have the WR ridiculously open...

that's why pennington is so "accurate" he never takes any gambled throws or leigitimate shots downfield. hed rather take it slow and short. but slow and short isn't gonna get us a superbowl ring.

i don't want to judge our team so quickly, i'll wait to give up after next monday. our secondary was getting picked apart though. :angry12:
 8 years ago '04        #414
space
space
keys for Monday Night:

Jake Long vs. Dwight Freeney (Jake Long has been struggling with speedy pass rushers including 2nd string rushers as well.)

Will Allen vs. Reggie Wayne
Sean Smith vs. Pierre Garcon
(Indianapolis is playing without Anthony Gonzalez but Manning sill has Garcon and Dallas Clark as weapons. Miami needs to watch for the screen plays as Addai and Brown excel in these option routes)

Special Team Play (Miami needs to make some holes for Ginn. Ted Ginn was not at fault this past weekend. Defenders were closing the gaps and leaving Ginn absolutely nowhere to run.)

Control the Ball (Fumbles and turnovers never win games. Miami actually had some great drives against the Falcons but costly turnovers and fumbles tend to make people forget it)
 09-15-2009, 05:57 PM         #415
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Forreal man we need a much better blocking special teams. We started at our 15-20 nearly every time. No one was blocking for him.

I thought Vontae got better as the game went on. Smith got lucky the pass was off on the route he got beat on. Philip Merling was a beast. That was good to see.
 8 years ago '05        #416
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
i'll be there monday, should be a great day!
 8 years ago '04        #417
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,026 | Props total: 2973 2973
go phins!
 8 years ago '04        #418
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
so on sunday i got off work at 2, went straight to the bar i been goin to for 5 years & i found out they didnt get the ticket this year, im pissed

i gotta find a new spot. im just glad next week is on regular tv
 09-16-2009, 05:51 PM         #419
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Intense Practice Signals Start Of Colts Week; Other Notes

Take the approaching home opener with the Indianapolis Colts, which happens to be in front of a national television audience on Monday night, and add to it the lingering frustrations from last week's loss at Atlanta and you have the recipe for one very intense first practice of game week.

From the moment the team broke the huddle from an all-hands gathering, there was a training camp-like intensity in the voice of Head Coach Tony Sparano and in the pace of the drills. Veterans and rookies alike got the message early on that Sparano meant business when it came to correcting the mistakes the plagued the Dolphins against the Falcons, namely turnovers as ball protection drills were run for the receivers, running backs, tight ends and quarterbacks.

"Offensively and defensively you could tell we were flying around and pads were cracking," said rookie wide receiver Brian Hartline, who made his first NFL catch at Atlanta. "We were getting after it. I thought we were back in camp. It was good though. It was one way to put a game behind you and move on and we have. We said that today and we had a good practice."

Sparano described it as a strong practice as well and is confident his message got across about the importance of not turning the ball over. Last year the Dolphins tied an NFL record for fewest turnovers in a 16-game season with 13, joining last year's New York Giants. They were 8-1 in games when they did not turn the ball over and 3-4 in games when they did.

Discipline is preached to this team from the first day a player walks through the doors at the Davie practice facility and last year's results backed up that philosophy, but they also might have contributed just a little to the performance inside the Georgia Dome.

"Your team can not be complacent but they can be complacent in how they think and how they thought about the ways that they won," Sparano said. "The ways that we won I needed to remind them about that today. You win when you turn it over 13 times on the year and you take it away 30 times and you're plus-17. Those are the ways you win. You win when you're a low penalized team. Those are the ways you win, so we need to remind ourselves of that a little bit, that that's a form of complacency, and from a coaching standpoint and a player standpoint, sometimes it can be matter-of-factly, like we'll just take care of it, that's what we do. Well, that's not exactly how it went."

Veteran starting quarterback Chad Pennington is known as one of the smartest and most careful quarterbacks in the league who rarely makes a mistake. His touchdown-to-interception ration in 2008 was 2.7-to-1 and he is sixth all-time in passer rating with a 90.6 behind only Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady and Joe Montana.

Last Sunday, Pennington had an uncharacteristic afternoon with one fumble and one interception, and even though he was also sacked four times, he refused to blame is offensive line and insisted all of the mistakes that were made by him and the offense are fixable and will be fixed this week in practice. He was talking specifically about the minus plays and eliminating errors and he is not at all worried about the five offensive linemen in front of him.

"They have a lot of pride in that room and I know they will do what they need to do to come ready to play and it is my job to come ready to play and match the intensity and focus and match their play as well," Pennington said. "They will be fine. I believe in them. I believe in all of our guys on the offensive side. I am just really focused and eager to fix it this week in practice and go into Monday with a good feeling, feeling confident about what we are doing."

For the second time this week there were no starting offensive linemen in the locker room during the 45-minute period that was open to the media interviews as they were in positional meetings going over their responsibilities for the game against the Colts. It does not get any easier one week after facing an elite pass rusher in Atlanta's John Abraham as Indy's Dwight Freeney ranks among Sparano's top two pass rushers in the league because of his speed, power and ability to "get small" coming around the edge so as not to give the blocking lineman a target to attack.

Hartline was among the receivers answering questions along with Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo and tight end Anthony Fasano, who lost two fumbles against the Falcons, and all of them acknowledged that the ball protection drills were not something new. Bess, who is known to have some of the surest hands on the team, had no qualms with the ball protection drills, even though he didn't have any drops or fumbles.

"We need it," Bess said. "If it's going to help us not turn the ball over, we need it."

With an extra day pf practice on Saturday because of the Monday night game, Bess and the others can expect a heavier dose of those drills over the next three days and more fire from the mouth of Sparano.

SMITH AND DAVIS SPLITTING TIME: Rookie cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Sean Smith alternated every other series in Atlanta in an effort to give the Falcons a different look in the secondary and for Miami's coaching staff to get an idea of how each player reacted to specific live situations.

Smith, the 6-foot-3, 213-pound second-round draft pick, started the game and played the first two defensive series then sat for nearly 20 minutes because the Falcons mounted long, sustained drives when Davis, Miami's first-round draft pick, was in the game. Davis and Smith knew of the plan ahead of time and both talked about doing whatever it takes to help the team win, and Sparano came away with a favorable impression.

"I thought they both played pretty well. During the course of the game they made a couple of technical errors," Sparano said. "Of course Sean got beat early in the game, the first or second series, which we've talked about. I mean that's going to happen every game. Somebody's going to go after him right away and test him. He kind of got beat on a little bit of what we call a sting route, a double move type thing, but he'll learn from that and those are going to be part of the growing pains.

"What I did like is I liked both of their look during the course of the game. They were never rattled. No mental errors, either one of them. Both probably played 30-plus plays, were sound from a mental standpoint and I thought competed. They got their hands on the football and Sean had a chance to finish that 3rd-and-1 play there and we didn't end up making the catch, but he'll make more of those than he'll drop."

Sparano indicated that until one of the two stands out so much that he doesn't feel comfortable keeping that player off the field he will continue to rotate them.

DOLPHINS TIDBITS: The Dolphins added another offensive lineman to the practice squad – Andrew Hartline. The 6-foot-6, 288-pound tackle who also can play inside as a guard was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Central Michigan but was released on the final cutdown day. Sparano joked that he got a little bit frustrated in practice today when he saw two heads turn whenever he yelled out "Hartline!"
 8 years ago '05        #420
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
if penny and the o sucks this week. its time for some changes namely penny. imo
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy