..::2009-2010 Miami Dolphins::..

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden NY will be upset! Cardi B bought offset a wraith. Let the hate b..
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-11-2009, 05:42 AM         #221
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MIAMI – Undrafted offensive lineman J.D. Quinn, whose brief career at Oklahoma led to NCAA sanctions, has agreed to terms with the Miami Dolphins.

"Fortunately Miami is willing to give him a second chance," his agent, Cameron Foster, said Saturday.

Quinn took part in the rookie camp last weekend and the Dolphins are expected to announce the signing Monday.

Quinn and quarterback Rhett Bomar were dismissed by the Sooners in August 2006 after breaking NCAA rules by taking money for work they didn't perform at a Norman, Okla., car dealership. NCAA sanctions included forcing the Sooners to give up their eight wins in 2005, but an appeals committee restored them.

Quinn transferred to the University of Montana and also encountered troubles there. He was arrested in Missoula in July 2007 and in May 2008 on charges of drunken driving.

"J.D. is a changed man the past 12 months," Foster said. "He has seen his stock value fall and realized that he's his own worst enemy. He has gone to AA meetings and realized his problem and been humbled."

Foster said 20 NFL teams told him that if not for the off-the-field issues, they had Quinn projected as a draft pick, some as high as the third round.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound Quinn played mostly center last year for Montana, which reached the Football Championship Subdivision title game before losing to Richmond. Quinn played guard in at Montana in 2007 and as a freshman for Oklahoma in 2005.
 9 years ago '06        #222
One Less Reason 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,390 | Props total: 801 801
Welcome back to Miami, JT!!! :)

MIAMI (AP)—Jason Taylor’s(notes) newest dance step has him back where he started.

The 34-year-old linebacker signed a $1.5 million, one-year contract Wednesday with the Miami Dolphins, said his agent, Gary Wichard.

Taylor played his first 11 seasons with Miami before being traded to the Washington Redskins—a fallout from his stint on the TV show “Dancing With the Stars.” He was released by Washington in March after one injury-plagued season.

The New England Patriots courted Taylor, but he wanted to return to South Florida, where he still lives.

“My heart has always been in Miami, and so I’m truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again,” Taylor said in a statement. “I was presented with a number of different opportunities, but in the end the combination of this being the best situation for my family, my love for this community and my tremendous loyalty to a great organization made this an easy decision.”

Taylor made the Pro Bowl six times with Miami and was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2006.

The Redskins released Taylor after he turned down a chance to play another season with them for $8.5 million. Taylor didn’t like being away from his wife and three children last season and wanted to rejoin the Dolphins regardless of how much money they offered, Wichard said.

“Jason told me, `Tell the Dolphins whatever fits their budget, I’m ready to play,”’ Wichard said. “There were no negotiations. It was always going to be Miami.”

Wichard said he also turned down a couple of movie offers because Taylor didn’t want to be away from his family. Taylor has talked often of a movie career after football and helped his Hollywood celebrity a year ago on “Dancing With the Stars.”

But his success on the show soured his relationship with new Dolphins boss Bill Parcells, who fumed that Taylor was in California rather than spending the offseason working out with teammates. Parcells traded Taylor for a pair of draft picks.

The two have patched up their rift, however, and Taylor raves about coach Tony Sparano, who in his first season led the Dolphins to the AFC East title and their first playoff berth since 2001.

While the Dolphins enjoyed a turnaround, Taylor struggled to stay healthy after missing only four games with Miami.

He sprained his knee during the Redskins’ preseason and hurt his calf in a win over Arizona on Sept. 21. Taylor required an operation to have blood drained from his calf and a second procedure a month later.

The calf injury hampered Taylor much of the season, and he struggled to fit into a Redskins’ defensive scheme that gave him less freedom than he had with the Dolphins. He had only 3 1/2 for the Redskins, his lowest total since 1999.

The Dolphins had little pass rush last season aside from outside linebacker Joey Porter(notes), who led the AFC with 17 1/2 sacks. Taylor’s 120 1/2 career sacks are the most among active players, and he could line up opposite Porter this year.

Parcells didn’t take a pass rusher in the April draft, a signal he might be open to a reunion with Taylor.

Last edited by One Less Reason; 05-13-2009 at 03:17 PM..
 05-15-2009, 12:31 PM         #223
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great news, welcome back JT...hope he can stay injury free
 9 years ago '04        #224
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
* OG Donald Thomas will be placed on the PUP list likely up till the start of week 1. He suffered a torn muscle in his chest while working out and will miss all of the offseason including training camp. Ikechuku Ndukwe will likely start the season at RG like he did most of last season.

* Greg Camarillo also will be on the PUP list likely up until training camp. His surgery recovery is coming along a lot slower then expected and he still can't make decisive cuts and jukes. Camarillo could find his roster position stolen by newly drafted WRs Patrick Turner and/or Brian Hartline.

* LG Justin Smiley is claiming to be 100% healthy and will resume his position at LG next to Jake Long. His recovery speed and efforts have been praised by staff.

* S Chris Clemons and CB Vontae Davis have been turning heads recently at camp. Both Clemons and Davis were "ball-hogs" in a sense grabbing several interceptions and showing impressive man to man coverage skills. CB Sean Smith showed a lot of promise and will likely man up 4th or 5th on the roster but still has a ways to go before he's NFL speed ready.

* WR Ernest Wilford... or should I say TE Ernest Wilford has been lining up at the TE position this past month in practices. He's even lined up at the FB position more then once. Although not Wildcat formations, Wilford seems to be getting converted to more of a blocking role in Miami's offense due to his lack of speed. Although in order to be a full time TE, Wilford will need to add weight to his body, Wilford is seen as a middle of the field threat if he can manage to learn to block as well as he's learned to run slow....
 9 years ago '08        #225
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
great post illz, keep the info comin'

1 - 1 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 50% 182 (+3) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 1-0, Rank #273 | Aug 09: 35-39, Rank #484 *
 05-19-2009, 05:04 PM         #226
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks for the info...vontae has got me excited pause

i wish gregs recovery was going better
 9 years ago '04        #227
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2961 2961
cant wait for the season to start:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #228
space
space
 Scorp said:
vontae has got me excited pause
 05-21-2009, 05:59 AM         #229
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol...
 9 years ago '05        #230
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 104 104
hope this doesnt turn into a regular thing for donald thomas, he did show alot of promise in the preseason last season.
 9 years ago '04        #231
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i really hope we prove last year was no fluke...i expect a dropoff, but i still hope/expect we finish at least 2nd in the division
 9 years ago '04        #232
space
space
DOLPHINS SIGN 5TH ROUND PICK TE JOHN NALBONE FOR 4-YEARS

[pic - click to view]

May 21, 2009

The Miami Dolphins signed tight end John Nalbone, their first of two fifth-round draft selections this year, to a multi-year contract.

Nalbone was a four year letterman (2005-08) and three year starter at Monmouth (N.J.) where he played in 43 games, including 38 starts, recording 101 receptions for 1,079 yards and nine touchdowns. Nalbone attended Lawrence High School in Lawrenceville, N.J.
also I forgot to add this:

DOLPHINS SIGN FB POLITE TO 2 YEARS, $3 MILLION EXTENSION

[pic - click to view]

The Miami Dolphins have signed starting fullback Lousaka Polite to a two year extension for $3 million. The fullback played in 11 games last year and became a hit with fans by grinding out the short yards when they were needed.
 9 years ago '05        #233
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 104 104
this cant be good for our defensive line.

randy starks was arrested this weekend for a.ssault on a police officer.

Last edited by ebcrew; 05-24-2009 at 02:35 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #234
space
space
 ebcrew said:
this cant be good for our defensive line.

randy starks was arrested this weekend for a.ssault on a police officer.
http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=1247213
 9 years ago '04        #235
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2961 2961
Miami Dolphins put challenge on Ted Ginn to improve

For all the talk of the Dolphins needing a top receiver, they didn't pursue Terrell Owens, T.J. Houshmandzadeh or any veteran; passed on Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt to draft cornerback Vontae Davis; and didn't offer Arizona a first-round pick for Anquan Boldin.

No one appreciates this more than Ted Ginn Jr. ''They didn't need to get someone else,'' Ginn said, meaning no slight to draft picks Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline. "We already have a good receiver corps.''

Ginn said he wants to raise his game ''to another level,'' and the Dolphins have challenged him, starting with general manager Jeff Ireland's remark last month that "it's time for Ted Ginn to really show what he was drafted here to do.''

With offseason practice under way, here is what the Dolphins want to see:

• Improvement running after the catch. Coach Tony Sparano sees Ginn's ''ability to make people miss and take it the distance'' on kickoffs and punts, and expects more of that in the passing game. The Dolphins didn't like when he ran out of bounds prematurely at times.

• ''The other thing I'd like to see him grow the most at,'' Sparano said last week, ''is his knowledge of the coverage.'' That would "help him play faster.''

• Dolphins/former Arizona cornerback Eric Green said he told Ginn that ''getting off press'' at the line was a ''weakness'' of Ginn's that the Cardinals identified before the teams played last September. Ginn told Green he must work on that.

• Consistency. Although he has good hands, Ginn frustrated with a few late-season drops. He finished with seven in 90 passes thrown to him, said ESPN's KC Joyner; only 13 receivers had more.

But here's what gives the Dolphins hope, besides his speed:

• Ginn is a hard worker and has improved a lot, especially route running. ''It's like night and day from where we were when we came in,'' Sparano said of his development.

• Dolphins brass believes his deep-ball skills will be maximized when strong-armed Chad Henne eventually takes over.

• Many receivers emerge in their third season, which Ginn enters. Steve Smith went from 54 catches in his second season to 88 in his third, Roddy White from 30 to 83, Santana Moss from 30 to 74 and Reggie Wayne from 49 to 68.

FYI: Ginn -- who had 56 catches, 790 yards and a 14.1 yard average in 2008 -- tied Randy Moss in yards per pass attempt (8.8, 23rd in NFL), Joyner said. (Credit Chad Pennington, too.)
hopefully this is the year ginn puts it all together
 9 years ago '05        #236
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
yeah i definately think ginn will step up this year and be a true 1
 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM         #237
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hope so
 9 years ago '04        #238
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
good s**t bout ginn...he does gotta improve, hard to really judge with no deepball. without that he has to be willing to go over the middle & take hits more often
 05-28-2009, 02:35 PM         #239
~Scar~ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Dolphins rookie receiver Brian Hartline, the Dolphins fourth-round pick out of Ohio State, made his OTA debut Thursday, and seemed to catch on rather quickly. "It's hard to play fast when you're still learning,'' said Hartline, who is also part of the punt returning unit. "First thing I do is learn the playbook.'' Hartline said he was able to find a loophole in the NCAA/NFL rule that prohibits rookies from attending organized practices until their college class graduates because his last course is an on-line class. "He can bring a lot to the table,'' said receiver Ted Ginn Jr., who was three years ahead of Hartline at Ohio State and in Ohio inner-city high schools where the two competed in track events. "He's got to listen to everybody, learn the system and once he gets the system down his athleticism will take over.''

Source:

Last edited by ~Scar~; 05-28-2009 at 02:37 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #240
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
Plaxico Burress would love to join Dolphins

Former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress, who has a residence in Miami, has told people he would love to join the Dolphins if his legal problems are resolved. The Jets and Buccaneers are reportedly interested. Burress will appear in court next month and faces the possibility of a 3 1/2 year sentence for carrying an unlicensed firearm. -- Miami Herald .....Ben's Take: Dolphins need to check the Florida gun laws before talking to Plax.
Lawyer: Arrest report on Dolphins' Randy Starks 'ludicrous'

Randy Starks' attorney on Tuesday vehemently denied allegations against the Dolphins defensive end, and said the team has not disciplined him since his arrest. Starks was charged with aggravated battery early Sunday after allegedly veering his slow-moving truck into an officer trying to stop him on Ocean Drive. The felony carries a minimum of five years in state prison and a maximum of 30. ''What's alleged in the arrest report didn't happen,'' Starks' attorney, Ed O'Donnell, said. ``It's ludicrous. This is a decent guy who was arrested for one reason -- he's in a big car, and it's a bunch of black guys in the car.'' -- Miami Herald
Dolphins give Will Allen a new contract

The Miami Dolphins have extended the contract of Will Allen, the team's starting cornerback for the past three seasons. According to Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for the eight-year veteran, Allen and the Dolphins have agreed to a two-year extension that's worth $16.2 million over the next three seasons. The new contract includes $10 million in guaranteed money, and ensures that one of the team's most underrated defenders will be on board to mentor Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, the two cornerbacks the Dolphins selected on the first day of the 2009 draft. -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel
maller

Last edited by MiamiDade; 05-29-2009 at 03:24 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA PEOPLE IN LITHUANIA REACT TO LAMELO AND GELO BALL SIGNING :mjwow:
61 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago