most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-14-2009, 04:34 PM         #81
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll give the AZ album a listen, I downloaded the D-Block album, but never gave it a listen.

This is definitely making it harder on artist to get a deal. Artist will need a massive buzz, sort of like Drake has, to get a record deal and by that time they will be able to sell their music own their own, so the record labels will have to make a good offer to an artist to make him sign.

TV is the only thing the labels are controlling, but with the rising popularity of websites like Youtube, the labels are becoming obsolete. Why do anyone need a label when they can bookshows, shoot their own videos, and distribute their own music?

Thanks to the internet everything is becoming accessible, D-Block could have released that album themselves if they had the right people around them.

A record deal doesn't exist anymore, its all about promotion and making catchy music (and maybe a cosign). If you can do those two things, f**k a label.

CDs are another thing that's effecting the industry, who listens to them anymore? Besides iTunes we really don't have an official digital site that the labels promote to go buy albums. But why buy a digital album when I can simply google it. s**t how many have a debit or credit card and a Pay Pal account to shop online?

The Music industry is k!lling its self and it all started with napster and the mp3 player.
 9 years ago '08        #82
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,592 | Props total: 17265 17265
So their family members got all of them?, this is kinda sad and should had been hyped like Jada's solo album and sell just as much but oh well, D-Block is officiall dead.

Last edited by The N; 06-14-2009 at 04:39 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #83
timdog 927 heat pts927
space
space
$30,561 | Props total: 15120 15120
lets be real a 100 copies

everybody know that jada and them is d block

he just sold a 100thou out the gate of his album so they coulda did better

then az 1500 and im az fan

nas need to help his boy out
 9 years ago '06        #84
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,432 | Props total: 792 792

sad day in music
 06-14-2009, 04:44 PM         #85
benzino 4 life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all them washed up east coast bums should retire
 9 years ago '06        #86
space
space
 hustleinc.com said:
100 copies... mom, dad, uncles, aunts, jada, styles, sheek, j-hood(to see if he was dissed), diddy (to see if he was dissed), accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase
 9 years ago '06        #87
space
space
 benzino 4 life said:
all them washed up east coast bums should retire
benizo resides in boston

hate given for your name
 9 years ago '06        #88
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,992 | Props total: 4027 4027
 ruff said:
hahahahahaahahahahahaha
LMFAO.
 9 years ago '06        #89
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,992 | Props total: 4027 4027
 Hardkore said:
under 100 copies?

dog...

...on my grandmother's grave...

...my group and i released a CD in my 12th grade of high school and it sold more than that.
 hustleinc.com said:
100 copies... mom, dad, uncles, aunts, jada, styles, sheek, j-hood(to see if he was dissed), diddy (to see if he was dissed), accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase,accidental purchase
LMFAOROFL. I love this site.
 9 years ago '04        #90
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
this doesn't make sense. the album came out the day before the record sales were released.
 06-14-2009, 09:28 PM         #91
LocK & LOaD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I seen the tracklist, only a couple of songs with Kiss and Styles on it...

you got to feed me this cd. period.
 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM         #92
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at no-one admitting to buying this album, I guess its true.

but seriously D-Block doesn't have enough star power. Sheek Louch first album is the only album I like out of the three members. I never heard anyone call a Jadakiss CD a classic. As far as mainstream, I think Styles P should have the 200k sales instead of Jada. "Blow my mind" and "Can you believe" should have been smash hits.

Sheek has the sickest delivery and that's the only reason I respect him, besides the 354 song. Last time I really gave Jada his respect ws when he murked 50, he need to show that side of him more often. I guess Styles is just taking anything he can get.
 9 years ago '04        #93
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
lack of promotion and NO BUZZ what so ever is what caused them to sale so bad
 9 years ago '04        #94
mista_millz 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1279 1279
i can do those numbers.
thank god 50 isnt beefin with them no more
 06-14-2009, 10:37 PM         #95
AF1GANGSTA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u stupid f**ks the album just came out on tuesday, how can the first week sales be in on sunday night
 9 years ago '08        #96
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,152 | Props total: 2785 2785
Time to start fillin' em out!

[pic - click to view]

06-19-2009, 02:56 AM         #97
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AF1GANGSTA said:
u stupid f**ks the album just came out on tuesday, how can the first week sales be in on sunday night
No one in this damn thread can read, the real numbers are out in this week's soundscan

Soundscan for week of 6/9/09 said:
40 d-block no security 11,854 999 66 11,920

As you can see here it sold 66 copies BEFORE it was officially released and 11.9K during it's official week putting at #40 on the billboard. Now stfu everyone

Last edited by Krazy K; 06-19-2009 at 03:07 AM..
 06-19-2009, 10:01 AM         #98
blumani0612  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i went to cop that az album when it came out and they didnt even have it at my mall. im yet to buy it
 8 years ago '06        #99
mobb789 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
no single
no video
no promotion
no one knew the s**t dropped
=just as much their fault as it is the state of the music industry
agreed this s**t is ridiculous
under 100? those dudes r much more talented than that
i just feel like with a little promotion anyone can sell more than that...thats just awful...matter of fact i dont know if i can believe they did that bad
 8 years ago '06        #100
mobb789 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 0 0
 Krazy K said:
No one in this damn thread can read, the real numbers are out in this week's soundscan

As you can see here it sold 66 copies BEFORE it was officially released and 11.9K during it's official week putting at #40 on the billboard. Now stfu everyone
oh that makes alot more sense
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago