Jun 8 - Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
104 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-11-2009, 09:46 AM         #61
Hempknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iggyemu said:
Lets say we go on the record with this being your definition of 'classic'. Two things come to mind....one is that listening to an entire album through and through is a personal decision. I can listen to E 1999 Eternal from BTNH through and through...no skips. I listen to that album all the time. Would I call that a classic? Of course not. But your definition of 'classic' would lend to E 1999 Eternal being a classic album. Your definition is flawed.

The next thing that comes to mind...which rapper...relevant in hip hop today has a classic album based on your definition of 'classic'? Really...only Nas. So one rapper relevant in hip hop today has a classic album. Jay doesn't have a classic album IMO...so we agree on that. He has about 4 near classics. Jay has always been a consistent rapper. His material is always been near that level but maybe he has never reached it. He has never had an Illmatic....but in a lot of ways thats not a bad thing. Look at Nas...he has been struggling to get back to that level of music his whole career. Gimme consistency over something thats classic in more ways than one any day.

Look based on your poor definition of 'classic' there are no rappers relevant today that have a classic album. Not Common, not Mos Def, not Ghost, not Rae....I skip songs on those albums....I haven't listened to those in a while. But like I said...whats classic and what isn't is a lot more subjective than objective. One thing that you don't have to be subjective on is consistency. You'll be hard pressed to find another rapper thats been more consistently good than Jay over the span of his career. There is no Electric Circus....no Nastradamus in Jay's catalog. So this notion that Jay is overrated or what not and the justification being that he hasn't had a classic album in his career is silly.

Greatness is consistency....not living off one classic album that was centuries ago. Not putting out one classic album sandwiched between a lot of bulls**t, below average music.

I f**ks with BONE, and will say E.1999 is a classic... you ask any Bone fan they will agree, I dont skip not 1 song on that album and I just got put on to bone recently because i used to hate them when they were popping cause i was listening to other s**t, and now that every thing is so trash i went on and picked up all they old material and this is by far their best work in my opinion

and as far as my definition of classic... No skippies, and still listen to years after its release is a great way to define a classic. I mean other people factor in impact, originality / creativity... I do to seperate classics from other classics. But as far as Jay-Z since we can agree he has no classics, he has near misses like Reasonable Doubt remove "Aint no n*gga" and the album flows perfect no blatant radio attempt and i would give that the classic stamp, take Blueprint remove those 3 blatant attempts at Club and radio dominance and you have a classic those songs f**k up the sound and flow to the album is why i dont consider any of Jay-Z classic, as far as consistent Jay is consistent as hell I dont think Jay-Z is garbage i think he is top 5 MC of all time, but he tries to cater to the radio and it f**ks up all his albums, as far as he dont have a dud in his collection actually he has 3 Vol.3, Dynasty, Kingdom Come, all 3 of these albums have good material on them but they are outweighed by the junk... Kingdom come I hate on but it got a couple tracks that i cant live without..

Andre3000 said:
I might be a Jay hater myself but its Dark and hell is hot might not even be much better than RD if it is somehow. U named alot of safe picks besides its dark and hell is hot.
The difference is when Reasonable Doubt came out the CD stayed in shelves or was used as a drink coaster, when Its dark and hell is hot came out it changed the sound of hip hop maybe for a year or 2 but it hit hard, and i can listen to it all the way through and i labeled it a classic a couple months ago and listened to it straight through and realized how dope it was and i used to hate on DMX before for his basic rhyme structure but i realized everybody cant be ghostface so i give this LP all its due, all his other lps stink tho....

biggfoot024 said:
not a classic to you, sure. Not a classic to everyone? you're an idiot if thats what you think. Those albums are classics to so many people, including me.

Most of the s**t you just said is a bunch of hate bulls**t anyways

only classic amongst jay-z fans and who cares, you would call Kingdom come a classic to defend your favorite artist, I'm a fan of music not artist, so whether you as a fan think its a classic somebody who could careless about jayz money, b***h, or career moves and is only basing his opinion on the music, then its not a classic... IMO! and the fact that its arguable only the fans defend its classicness and others think its not, then i will go on and say its NOT.
 9 years ago '05        #62
fatrenzo 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,986 | Props total: 4372 4372
With all due disrespect... The post clearly has Jay Z's name in the title! Why read something dealing with him if you don't like the artist its about? If you truly are a fan of Hip Hop you would understand that the fact you don't care for a rapper doesn't give you the right to say he has no classics. I'm not a huge fan of Wayne, but his word play is amazing. Get a hobby. Hating, although popular, isn't a good look. People who say Lebron is better than Kobe or vice versa can't play as well as either one...Jigga is a better rapper than you! Please prove me wrong!...
 9 years ago '05        #63
fatrenzo 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,986 | Props total: 4372 4372
 benzino 4 life said:
who cares...joe camel is the most boring and overrated rapper ever...bp3 is gonna b the typical boring jay z cd...twayne will end his career
Posted via Mobile Device
With all due disrespect... The post clearly has Jay Z's name in the title! Why read something dealing with him if you don't like the artist its about? If you truly are a fan of Hip Hop you would understand that the fact you don't care for a rapper doesn't give you the right to say he has no classics. I'm not a huge fan of Wayne, but his word play is amazing. Get a hobby. Hating, although popular, isn't a good look. People who say Lebron is better than Kobe or vice versa can't play as well as either one...Jigga is a better rapper than you! Please prove me wrong!...
 06-11-2009, 11:53 AM         #64
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its ok not to like Jayz, but saying he has no classics?

AO you listen to classic albums religiously? What classics do you still listen to religiously?
 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM         #65
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ this n*gga AO/Hempknight posting twice in this thread using different names to try and get his stupid a.ss point across. We all know you're the same person dummy.
 9 years ago '04        #66
chakazulu 1 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 1 1
i don't see anything special about doa, kanye is very annoying with the "hay good bye"
 06-11-2009, 02:15 PM         #67
Hempknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint˛ said:
@ this n*gga AO/Hempknight posting twice in this thread using different names to try and get his stupid a.ss point across. We all know you're the same person dummy.
Who gives a f**k... I'm at work dumb a.ss and i dont know my f**king password so i started a new account... sue me... at home i'm A.O. and at work i'm HEMPKNIGHT! holy s**t n*gga you solved the mystery!
 06-11-2009, 02:17 PM         #68
Hempknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Its ok not to like Jayz, but saying he has no classics?

AO you listen to classic albums religiously? What classics do you still listen to religiously?

ATLiens, Illmatic, Infamous, Dare Is a Darkside, Its dark and hell is hot, (jay-z album would be) - Vol.2, Doe or Die - AZ (fan favorite, i call it a classic might not be to people who dont like AZ), I dont really listen to new music, maybe 1 listen to see what its like, but other than that i'm stuck in the 90's
 06-11-2009, 03:58 PM         #69
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint˛ said:
You see NETNERD... I DONT GIVE A f**k!
 06-11-2009, 04:33 PM         #70
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ this n*gga having 2 names on the same forum

@ this n*gga being so stupid as to not remember a password

@ this n*gga period.
 9 years ago '05        #71
IceMaker 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,005 | Props total: 101 101
 Hempknight said:
JAY-Z HAS NO CLASSIC ALBUMS!

Reasonable Doubt - Not classic
** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

Blueprint - Not a classic
** No skippies... Hola Hovito, Jigga That n*gga, Izzo, instant skippies...

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
its obvious this guy know nothing about hip hop. You can be a Jay Hater but not a complete idiot.

Jay has classic, and this is coming from a guy from the South.
 06-11-2009, 09:25 PM         #72
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IceMaker said:
its obvious this guy know nothing about hip hop. You can be a Jay Hater but not a complete idiot.

Jay has classic, and this is coming from a guy from the South.
Exactly why you shouldnt comment on anything hip hop related!
 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM         #73
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint˛ said:
@ this n*gga having 2 names on the same forum

@ this n*gga being so stupid as to not remember a password

@ this n*gga period.
I don't have 2... I have at least 10.
 8 years ago '04        #74
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
 benzino 4 life said:
who cares...joe camel is the most boring and overrated rapper ever...bp3 is gonna b the typical boring jay z cd...twayne will end his career
Posted via Mobile Device

ha ha ha this from a guy having a screen name dealing ANYTHING to do with Benzino...Fail
 8 years ago '05        #75
caliblacc 1 heat pts
space
space
$942 | Props total: 71 71
jay z dont knock the hustle you rich main and most n*ggaz still in the hood loc.
 8 years ago '06        #76
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 adadfalife607 said:
man some ppl on bx are f**kin RETARDEEEEDD......reasonable doubt isnt a classic?....blueprint isnt a classic?....and twayne will end his career?....haha thats ridiculous kid...tpain will end his own career with the s**t music he puts out....and wayne...he needs to get back on that carter 1, carter 2 s**t for me to really get back into him...jay-z's new track DOA has really put the game in check IMO, i mean i havent heard a record that hard in a minute...wit some pretty raw lyrics and a dope beat...

BP3>>>>(any album from 09)

"lets get back to rap, ya t pain'in too much".

:applause: i agree
 8 years ago '06        #77
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Yeah i think everybody is going crazy using the auto tunes. Nobody used the Auto Tunes better then Roger Troutman. All these other people use it because they can't sing worth s**t.
 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM         #78
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hempknight said:
JAY-Z HAS NO CLASSIC ALBUMS!

Reasonable Doubt - Not classic
** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

Blueprint - Not a classic
** No skippies... Hola Hovito, Jigga That n*gga, Izzo, instant skippies...

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
hate to say it but dudes rite...i mean take...for lack of a better album at this moment and since it is he definitive classic...illmatic, which you could listen from beginning to end...the same with say liquid swords...but jay's album usually have atleast 2 track that u can turn from and not think twice about it.
 8 years ago '09        #79
doughboy_h52 
space
space
$21 | Props total: 0 0
hov and kiss deff gonna take the game over this summer
 8 years ago '09        #80
freddymack 
space
space
$126 | Props total: 40 40
Do Y'all listen to rap or do you just skim through it???
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
127 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago