Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #41
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4901 4901
 Hempknight said:
JAY-Z HAS NO CLASSIC ALBUMS!

Reasonable Doubt - Not classic
** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.
Lets say we go on the record with this being your definition of 'classic'. Two things come to mind....one is that listening to an entire album through and through is a personal decision. I can listen to E 1999 Eternal from BTNH through and through...no skips. I listen to that album all the time. Would I call that a classic? Of course not. But your definition of 'classic' would lend to E 1999 Eternal being a classic album. Your definition is flawed.

The next thing that comes to mind...which rapper...relevant in hip hop today has a classic album based on your definition of 'classic'? Really...only Nas. So one rapper relevant in hip hop today has a classic album. Jay doesn't have a classic album IMO...so we agree on that. He has about 4 near classics. Jay has always been a consistent rapper. His material is always been near that level but maybe he has never reached it. He has never had an Illmatic....but in a lot of ways thats not a bad thing. Look at Nas...he has been struggling to get back to that level of music his whole career. Gimme consistency over something thats classic in more ways than one any day.

Look based on your poor definition of 'classic' there are no rappers relevant today that have a classic album. Not Common, not Mos Def, not Ghost, not Rae....I skip songs on those albums....I haven't listened to those in a while. But like I said...whats classic and what isn't is a lot more subjective than objective. One thing that you don't have to be subjective on is consistency. You'll be hard pressed to find another rapper thats been more consistently good than Jay over the span of his career. There is no Electric Circus....no Nastradamus in Jay's catalog. So this notion that Jay is overrated or what not and the justification being that he hasn't had a classic album in his career is silly.

Greatness is consistency....not living off one classic album that was centuries ago. Not putting out one classic album sandwiched between a lot of bulls**t, below average music.

Last edited by iggyemu; 06-09-2009 at 11:18 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #42
speedyt8 
space
space
$283 | Props total: 10 10
just because YOU can't listen to an album all the time or YOU think a song is a "skippie" doesn't mean that those opinions are true for everyone. the overwhelming consensus is that these albums are classics and the majority of rap/hip-hop fans like or love jay-z.

while i appreciate your opinion, it is just that, YOUR opnion.

by the way, calling a song a skippie is gay.
 9 years ago '04        #43
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
on subject Its funny how people accuse jay of selling out and not really caring about the music, when songs like this says the exact opposite. he could have done a t-pain record like most of the vets are doing (its all over bustas new album) but he chose not to joint the trend for whatever reason. he's not attacking t-pain (its his style he brought it back)kanye (made a great album with it) or weezy (another early adopter of it) but rather all these lame a.ss n*ggas using it for their corny a.ss songs (DJ webstar,Ron browz etc) he's not the first to lash out about the autotune just the biggest
 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM         #44
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hempknight said:

** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

Blueprint - Not a classic
** No skippies... Hola Hovito, Jigga That n*gga, Izzo, instant skippies...

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
you're super mad....
 9 years ago '07        #45
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
Success is being around the people you [are] most comfortable with- That n*gga Jigga
 06-09-2009, 05:31 PM         #46
J_Uneek 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's nothing worst than people who don't understand or don't know what they're talking about posting as if they do.

"I overpaid for the album" - Under his record deal, he had one album left to record for Def Jam. They have all the rights to that album under contract. Hov sold his third of Roc-a-fella (marketed and manufactured by Island def jam music group = he's a def jam artist anyway) years ago. Doesn't mean he got out if his deal. Jay wanted to be a totally independent artist RIGHT NOW. If you have a record deal under Def Jam, you are not an independent artist. So the only way Jay-Z could release BP3 on his own label independently (and not be sued by Def Jam for breach of contract) is to purchase the rights to that last album FROM Def Jam. They hit him up for $5,000,000 in that interaction. That's why he said he overpaid.

D.O.A. is simply stating one thing. People are pulling out all these theories. Nonsense. It's simple, T-Pain, Yeezy, Weezy, autotune is their s**t and they do it well. So let them muthaf**kas do it... EVERYBODY doesn't need to hop on that s**t... Just like when a new clothing trend comes out and it's hot. It gets corny real fast though when the WHOLE school or the whole hood starts rockin it.

And this whole "classic" debate.. Who is the president of deeming albums classic.. Nobody is a bigger authority on naming classics than the next n*gga.. It's an opinion based honor, SO NOBODY'S RIGHT.. By definition an opinion can't be right or wrong.. So the whole argument is silly..
 06-09-2009, 06:22 PM         #47
playazinc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
F.uck Jay-Z. This n*gga say its cool if a n*gga like Kayne or Pain do it? Why? Cause he rolls with them cats? NEGRO PLEASE!
A big part of the death of REAL hip hop is these bulls.hit, wannabee rappers singing hip hop records. Kanye would be much better received by his own peoples and others if he just PRODUCED. All this gay, romance s**t on a hip hop record from a dude who can't rap .. what you think people gonna say,??
 9 years ago '06        #48
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
Reasonable Doubt is a classic. The Blueprint is a classic. And every other Jigga album is better than 90% of the s**t I hear from anyone else.
 9 years ago '04        #49
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
 mafiaboy said:
J is wack! You can't make a song dissing the use of Auto-Tune and exclude Kanye and Weezy! T-Pain can be excluded only because he was the one who did the s**t first! He also talkin about nigg@s wearing tight s**t! Kanye and Weezy are the kings of the tight gear! I guess he excludes them from that too huh? J is wack, you can't half way diss nigg@s!
TRUE SPIT.

The n*gga didn't want to step on toes.

It's SIMPLE.

YOU CANT SAY YOU HATE f*gS.
Then say well except my lil brother, my brother can be a f*g but the rest of yall shud die.

Thats why I cut the song off.

I like JAY

Blueprint was a classic.
Reasonable doubt is a classic.
Hell I thought The dynasty album went hard
Black Album was tough.

But Jay-Z has done that throw a rock hide ya hand s**t his whole career with the exception of NAS.

A ruling king wouldnt of let homo come into his courtyard in the first place.
 9 years ago '04        #50
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
Oh Yea I'll co-sign what dude said about a classic = a cd with no skips.
But I think that is down to personal preference.
Cuz n*ggas would swear illmatic is a classic, but i'd skip half the cd where as It was written I could play thru.

n*ggas swear dre's 2001 is classic but I most def skip songs, yet I could put in makaveli and not skip s**t. I could put in The Recession and not skip s**t [except the last verse on the last song on the album = fail]

It's personal prefernce, that isn't the only thing which defines a classic per'se when it isn't personal and we mean overall after the test of time.
 06-10-2009, 02:49 AM         #51
benzino 4 life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eastcoast lost
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-10-2009, 02:26 PM         #52
biggfoot024 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hempknight said:

** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

Blueprint - Not a classic
** No skippies... Hola Hovito, Jigga That n*gga, Izzo, instant skippies...

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
not a classic to you, sure. Not a classic to everyone? you're an idiot if thats what you think. Those albums are classics to so many people, including me.

Most of the s**t you just said is a bunch of hate bulls**t anyways

Last edited by biggfoot024; 06-10-2009 at 02:27 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #53
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 A.O.™ said:
So will anybody else that buys that bulls**t!

I'm downloading... when the person who records the album he says he overpaid for it, imagine how the consumer should feel.

I hate when artist say they album has that classic feel. Jay-z has 0 classic albums how the f**k does he know what a classic feel like?
glue is a hell of a drug.

Last edited by mt fuji; 06-10-2009 at 03:36 PM..
 06-10-2009, 05:46 PM         #54
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hempknight said:
Ready to Die, Illmatic, Doggystyle, Chronic, Midnight Mauraders, Dare iz a Darkside, Muddy Waters, Infamous, Its Dark and Hell is Hot, Paid In Full...

i mean there are s**t loads of classic, Jay-z just falls short!
I might be a Jay hater myself but its Dark and hell is hot might not even be much better than RD if it is somehow. U named alot of safe picks besides its dark and hell is hot.
 9 years ago '05        #55
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,304 | Props total: 6429 6429
anythin yall young dudes say bout hov holds zero weight in my eyes..
 9 years ago '05        #56
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
Kids on boxden say the darnedest things. .

"jay has no classics"
"jay is wack"
"overrated"

only on boxden will you hear these statements
 9 years ago '06        #57
Sheek213 7 heat pts
space
space
$572 | Props total: 258 258
 A.O.™ said:
So will anybody else that buys that bulls**t!

I'm downloading... when the person who records the album he says he overpaid for it, imagine how the consumer should feel.
Jay paid $5 mil for his album rights.. the average consumer will pay $15.. nice try tho
 9 years ago '04        #58
meechy08 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,140 | Props total: 12731 12731
 J_Uneek said:
There's nothing worst than people who don't understand or don't know what they're talking about posting as if they do.

"I overpaid for the album" - Under his record deal, he had one album left to record for Def Jam. They have all the rights to that album under contract. Hov sold his third of Roc-a-fella (marketed and manufactured by Island def jam music group = he's a def jam artist anyway) years ago. Doesn't mean he got out if his deal. Jay wanted to be a totally independent artist RIGHT NOW. If you have a record deal under Def Jam, you are not an independent artist. So the only way Jay-Z could release BP3 on his own label independently (and not be sued by Def Jam for breach of contract) is to purchase the rights to that last album FROM Def Jam. They hit him up for $5,000,000 in that interaction. That's why he said he overpaid.

D.O.A. is simply stating one thing. People are pulling out all these theories. Nonsense. It's simple, T-Pain, Yeezy, Weezy, autotune is their s**t and they do it well. So let them muthaf**kas do it... EVERYBODY doesn't need to hop on that s**t... Just like when a new clothing trend comes out and it's hot. It gets corny real fast though when the WHOLE school or the whole hood starts rockin it.

And this whole "classic" debate.. Who is the president of deeming albums classic.. Nobody is a bigger authority on naming classics than the next n*gga.. It's an opinion based honor, SO NOBODY'S RIGHT.. By definition an opinion can't be right or wrong.. So the whole argument is silly..

Smartest s**t I had so far

But to me Kanye and Wayne kinda overdid it. cant nobody do it like Pain anyways (yes I f**ks wit Pain cause he puts out good r&b songs) and please dont try to bring up Roger Troutmen cause it totally different sounds.
 06-11-2009, 12:31 AM         #59
lyricallySha89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jayz SUCKS.
 06-11-2009, 06:52 AM         #60
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheek213 said:
Jay paid $5 mil for his album rights.. the average consumer will pay $15.. nice try tho
So cause he paid 5 million for his album rights, then he got overcharged...

but as a consumer you pay $15 dollars for a bulls**t CD you can get for free via download, but you pay for it to get the cover art and to listen to a cd with like 4 decent songs you will actually listen to longer than the rest, 2 who will be highly over played on the radio, and then 10 other songs you over hype yourself up to like at first and then a month later your stuck on the original 4 songs you liked... you think that balances it out?

Jay-Z didnt over pay for s**t because if now he owns the rights to his album and all the money generated will be his... if its 10 points a album and he sells 500,000 he made all his money back.. So go cry me a river with that overpaid for his album bulls**t.

As far as classic albums, Jayz has none. Cant nobody tell me they still religiously listen to Reasonable Doubt, just like nobody can tell me they religiously listen to Blueprint... and if so whats so classic about them? Lyrics you've heard before he either ripped some biggie rhymes,snoop rhymes, nas rhymes, tribe called quest rhymes, EPMD beats, so it cant be classic on the originality side... We already covered the lyrics, the beats were sampled, and havent been sampled yet, so it cant be the creativity in the beats, impact, neither one of those 2 had any impact besides the fact one dropped on the same day as the towers... I mean wheres the argument for it being classic?... Blueprint had semi-impact with everybody making a soul record and what not, but other than that... Just cause Jay-z got a collection of weak CDs... Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, Vol.3, Dynasty... dont make his good CD's or I should say his CD's that are better than those classic.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago