Jun 8 - Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #21
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 260 260
I hope he puts Dead Presidents pt. III on BP3.
 9 years ago '08        #22
RoyaL CraCk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,908 | Props total: 1886 1886
 Hempknight said:
JAY-Z HAS NO CLASSIC ALBUMS!

Reasonable Doubt - Not classic
** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

Blueprint - Not a classic
** No skippies... Hola Hovito, Jigga That n*gga, Izzo, instant skippies...

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
you sir should unplug ur e-machine keyboard and shove it up ur a.ss for typing such filth
 9 years ago '04        #23
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,291 | Props total: 155 155
He actually was talking about buying out the rights for the actual music for this album. Def Jam and Universal were in the process of going along with the 9/11 release date but he bought out of the contract so you can pretty much say he didn't over pay cuz if he sells platinum which he probably will, they would have made at least 10 mill. the average album cost 10 bucks times 1 mill. He doesn't even have to go platinum to make 5 mill back.
 9 years ago '06        #24
DJ Endo 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 67 67
 mafiaboy said:
J is wack! You can't make a song dissing the use of Auto-Tune and exclude Kanye and Weezy! T-Pain can be excluded only because he was the one who did the s**t first! He also talkin about nigg@s wearing tight s**t! Kanye and Weezy are the kings of the tight gear! I guess he excludes them from that too huh? J is wack, you can't half way diss nigg@s!
I agree with you partially. How you gonna make a song dissing auto-tunes, but work with Kanye, Wayne. T-PAIN is NOT excluded because, that sound had been floating around in florida for years before T took it and called it his own.

I appreciate the fact that he took time out to do this s**t, but it makes him a bit of a hypocrite. How can you dislike something but support the guys who push it the most.
 9 years ago '05        #25
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,777 | Props total: 4705 4705
 A.O. said:
So will anybody else that buys that bulls**t!

I'm downloading... when the person who records the album he says he overpaid for it, imagine how the consumer should feel.

I hate when artist say they album has that classic feel. Jay-z has 0 classic albums how the f**k does he know what a classic feel like?
you talking silly man

Hate Given
 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM         #26
vinkrillzz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 benzino 4 life said:
who cares...joe camel is the most boring and overrated rapper ever...bp3 is gonna b the typical boring jay z cd...twayne will end his career
Posted via Mobile Device
i heard ur mother cought benzino c*ck in her butt and u came out
 9 years ago '07        #27
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 Hempknight said:

** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.Blueprint - Not a classic

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

Reasonable Doubt - Can't knock the hustle, Brooklyns finest, Friend Or Foe, Coming OF Age, Can I Live...

As for Blueprint (1st one), I consider it to be one of my favorites not onlt because of the lyrics, but hte production. There's two sides to every album. Your right about jigga my -, but to me, that's the only wack track on that whole disc. What about takeover, never change, girls girls girls, the rulers back, heart of the city, you don't know, mama made me...
 9 years ago '07        #28
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 DJ Endo said:
I agree with you partially. How you gonna make a song dissing auto-tunes, but work with Kanye, Wayne. T-PAIN is NOT excluded because, that sound had been floating around in florida for years before T took it and called it his own.

I appreciate the fact that he took time out to do this s**t, but it makes him a bit of a hypocrite. How can you dislike something but support the guys who push it the most.
I hear that...I can't speak for hov, but he's probably looking @ it like leave that steez to them (T Wanye/Kanye). You got a whole bunch of dudes now trying to autotune every track...I don't know, I'm jusy trying to understand his side my self...
 06-08-2009, 05:14 PM         #29
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
you talking silly man

Hate Given
Being straight up!

young $ said:
Dudes tripping if he thinks jay doesnt have at least 1 classic album
Name it?

Imagin3 said:
You lost hard.
Jay-z has no classic albums?
If he doesnt i want to know who does.
And he's talking about creative rights to his album, so he can do whatever he wants on it. He's not talking about the physical CD.
Jay-Z always had creative rights to his album bozo, he OWNS HIS OWN RECORD LABEL, HE'S HIS OWN BOSS. You know he made a album about a movie not to long ago. So f**k you mean the creative rights. He's always had the creative rights to his projects.

majormarcj said:
Do you really believe what you type?
Yep... I'm not a Jay-Z fan, jay-z hardly impressed me in 1996, a couple million dollars later, the watered down version dont impress me either...
 9 years ago '06        #30
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 214 214
 A.O. said:
So will anybody else that buys that bulls**t!

I'm downloading... when the person who records the album he says he overpaid for it, imagine how the consumer should feel.

I hate when artist say they album has that classic feel. Jay-z has 0 classic albums how the f**k does he know what a classic feel like?

Dumbest dude on earth
 9 years ago '06        #31
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 214 214
 Hempknight said:

** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
The next question was name a classic album then homeboy
 9 years ago '08        #32
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,484 | Props total: 17052 17052
So is cool if his peoples do it?, f**k Jay z with that bulls**t

just flat out say you want to stop, this track means s**t if his buddies can do it still
 9 years ago '04        #33
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
jay>>>>>>>>most n*ggas in the game right now whos on jays level that still commands this type attention? jay is the only n*gga from his era on some emcee s**t in the starting line-up.

only cat i would put on jays status as far as appeal potetntial and still being sick is kanye or maybe lupe.

jay-z>lil wayne
jay-z>rick ross
jay-z>50 cent
jay-z>T.I (thats my n*gga though)
 06-09-2009, 07:28 AM         #34
Hempknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rblivewire327 said:
The next question was name a classic album then homeboy
Ready to Die, Illmatic, Doggystyle, Chronic, Midnight Mauraders, Dare iz a Darkside, Muddy Waters, Infamous, Its Dark and Hell is Hot, Paid In Full...

i mean there are s**t loads of classic, Jay-z just falls short!
 9 years ago '07        #35
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,723 | Props total: 1722 1722
Reasonable Doubt was a good album and Blueprint is overrated.Both AG and Kingdom Come were a.ss. Vol.2 is hands down Jay-z's best album.

Hempknight said:

06-09-2009, 08:12 AM         #36
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ the thought that jay has no classics. Has 3 classics for the fans, at least 2 if you are objective.
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '04        #37
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
lol @ n*ggas having their meaning for classic "it can't have no skippies"

1.Reasonable doubt= Classic
2.Blueprint= classic

thats common consenses right there, then fans have personal classics like me, IMO both "the black album" and AG are classic material. I think jya has one of the best catalogues in hip-hop he's stood the test of time
 06-09-2009, 09:36 AM         #38
Hempknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnycem said:
Reasonable Doubt was a good album and Blueprint is overrated.Both AG and Kingdom Come were a.ss. Vol.2 is hands down Jay-z's best album.
Thank you!!! Somebody whose opinion can be respected!
 9 years ago '04        #39
unkel 
space
space
space
$35 | Props total: 0 0
auto tune been around blackstreet did on "deep"
 06-09-2009, 11:10 AM         #40
GOODmusic_1015 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 benzino 4 life said:
who cares...joe camel is the most boring and overrated rapper ever...bp3 is gonna b the typical boring jay z cd...twayne will end his career
Posted via Mobile Device
you got on your phone and went to boxden to HATE

get a life
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy