Jun 8 - Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1
6685 pageviews
100 comments

AJ19872006 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,974 | Props total: 38 38
Jun 8 - Jay-Z Discusses death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3

Jay-Z's [click to read] release of his street single "death of Auto-Tune" [click to listen] has been popular on the web and the radio. With the subject matter getting fans excited or in an uproar, it's certainly got people talking. But now, the man behind the song has spoken about it with New York's Hot97.

Speaking on the topic of Auto-Tune, Jigga said he had no problem with Kanye, T-Pain or Weezy.

"The guys who did, did it great," he said. "Let them guys do it. They got their little niche. Let's move on."

Fans have been waiting for Blueprint 3 for quite some time and it's actually very close to dropping, according to Hov.

"I'm pretty much at the launching pad right now."

This somewhat confirms initial reports that the album will be released September 11, on the same date the first installment of The Blueprint dropped [click here]. Many have also wondered about which label Jay would release the album under.

"Right now, I bought my album back. I overpaid for it," he noted. "I believe at this point in my career, I wanted to be totally independent and free in what I wanted to do. Def Jam and Universal, they did a beautiful thing in letting me pay. They overcharged me a little bit, but I appreciate all the years they put into my career and all of the hard work I put into what I do. I could never have a record deal. I'm working with Atlantic to distribute the album."

He went on to say that he doesn't measure success by how much money he makes anymore.

"Success is being around the people you [are] most comfortable with. It's no problem. It's not about money."

With that in mind, he said the album will have a "classic" feel to it.

"My thing...The vibe I'm in right now is stripping it down and bringing it back to classic. I hear people. I gotta get back to my square and let people know what time it is."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i .. ne-blueprint-3

100 comments for "Jun 8 - Jay-Z Discusses Death of Auto-Tune, Blueprint 3"

9 years ago '06        #2
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
It's a wrap for these n*ggas.
 06-08-2009, 03:12 AM         #3
benzino 4 life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who cares...joe camel is the most boring and overrated rapper ever...bp3 is gonna b the typical boring jay z cd...twayne will end his career
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-08-2009, 06:51 AM         #4
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AJ19872006 said:

"Right now, I bought my album back. I overpaid for it," he noted.

So will anybody else that buys that bulls**t!

I'm downloading... when the person who records the album he says he overpaid for it, imagine how the consumer should feel.

I hate when artist say they album has that classic feel. Jay-z has 0 classic albums how the f**k does he know what a classic feel like?
 9 years ago '08        #5
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,121 | Props total: 2652 2652
 A.O.™ said:

I'm downloading... when the person who records the album he says he overpaid for it, imagine how the consumer should feel.

I hate when artist say they album has that classic feel. Jay-z has 0 classic albums how the f**k does he know what a classic feel like?
You lost hard.
Jay-z has no classic albums?
If he doesnt i want to know who does.
And he's talking about creative rights to his album, so he can do whatever he wants on it. He's not talking about the physical CD.
 9 years ago '04        #6
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,119 | Props total: 1151 1151
good!
 9 years ago '06        #7
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
game over the KING is back.

CHEA!!!!!!
 9 years ago '05        #8
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,606 | Props total: 1168 1168
 Da Realness said:
It's a wrap for these n*ggas.
/close thread
 06-08-2009, 08:03 AM         #9
adadfalife607 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man some ppl on bx are f**kin RETARDEEEEDD......reasonable doubt isnt a classic?....blueprint isnt a classic?....and twayne will end his career?....haha thats ridiculous kid...tpain will end his own career with the s**t music he puts out....and wayne...he needs to get back on that carter 1, carter 2 s**t for me to really get back into him...jay-z's new track DOA has really put the game in check IMO, i mean i havent heard a record that hard in a minute...wit some pretty raw lyrics and a dope beat...

BP3>>>>(any album from 09)

"lets get back to rap, ya t pain'in too much".
 9 years ago '05        #10
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
I think Detox will prolly be the album of da year...50 dealin wit Dre again 4 this album so it's gonna be dope...I say it's gonnabe a tie btw 50, Jay, an Em for second best
 9 years ago '06        #11
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 319 319
J is wack! You can't make a song dissing the use of Auto-Tune and exclude Kanye and Weezy! T-Pain can be excluded only because he was the one who did the s**t first! He also talkin about nigg@s wearing tight s**t! Kanye and Weezy are the kings of the tight gear! I guess he excludes them from that too huh? J is wack, you can't half way diss nigg@s!
 9 years ago '07        #12
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
wow.

jay is wack? well s**t, lemme hear ya'll spit..

overrated? sure. but wack? no classics?
 06-08-2009, 10:07 AM         #13
equila 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mafiaboy said:
J is wack! You can't make a song dissing the use of Auto-Tune and exclude Kanye and Weezy! T-Pain can be excluded only because he was the one who did the s**t first! He also talkin about nigg@s wearing tight s**t! Kanye and Weezy are the kings of the tight gear! I guess he excludes them from that too huh? J is wack, you can't half way diss nigg@s!
i understand what your saying,but jay iz in politics right? so you have to understand him being somewhat political, wayne's fan base is huge right now, jay doesnt want to diss wayne's fanbase and kanye is his boy so you have to except thats just how it goes,
its a c*cksucking industry,nobody is imune from it,not even jay, so yea,im sure jay thinks its wack from wayne and kanye too,but he wont say it.

Last edited by equila; 06-08-2009 at 10:08 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #14
Jdapimp 
space
space
$466 | Props total: 4 4
First off t-pain was not the first to use it that s**t was used by this guitarist i forgot his name in the 70's to make his voice sound like the guitar and blackstreet where the first to use it in hip hop and as for Jay-Z he has some classic albums 2 by my count Jigga that N***a has ZERRO classics but he said it him self you cant be a successful artist and not sell out Nas has been the best at balancing both staying real and selling albums and even he cant match Jay-z's Financial status and you guys must not know anything about business because of course he means what he says in these songs he wouldnt be this good if he didnt but he knows that t-pain and Wayne and Kanye are the future of this terrible music so why would he black ball him self basically this comes down to reading between the lines Jay-Z is fully dissing them numerous times there the fake ones if they dont respond in some way and for that death of the auto tune song the message is clear the bars where hot the flow is definitely lost he needs to get back on that "Don't Ever Ever Ever Come around here no more"

Last edited by Jdapimp; 06-08-2009 at 10:27 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #15
mista_millz 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,747 | Props total: 1278 1278
 Nyse03 said:
I think Detox will prolly be the album of da year...50 dealin wit Dre again 4 this album so it's gonna be dope...I say it's gonnabe a tie btw 50, Jay, an Em for second best
as dope as Get It In was

9 years ago '09        #16
AI34Life 
space
space
$3,454 | Props total: 0 0
yes, no more autotune!!! go jay z
 9 years ago '05        #17
HotRod305 
space
space
$173 | Props total: 0 0
after readin yall comments.. came to da conclusion yall n*ggas crazy. so many ppl using da auto tune right now.. da shyt is gettin played out. Roger Troutman and Teddy Riley do not compare to wats goin on in hip hop cuz they were R&B dudes! T-Pain said it in his song Karaoke.. basically sayin da same thing Jay sayin and he makes it clear dat Kanye and Weezy kool.. Wat about Ron Brows..???

some n*ggas might not believe Jay got classics but in dat case.. name people who do... Nas, Biggie, 2Pac...

i wanna kno y Reasonable Doubt IS NOT considered a classic...

yall n*ggas need to do ur homework b4 u post shyt..

"Soundin like a whole bunch of karaoke"..
 06-08-2009, 11:53 AM         #18
Hempknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Imagin3 said:
You lost hard.
Jay-z has no classic albums?
If he doesnt i want to know who does.
And he's talking about creative rights to his album, so he can do whatever he wants on it. He's not talking about the physical CD.
JAY-Z HAS NO CLASSIC ALBUMS!

Reasonable Doubt - Not classic
** I love how jay groupies always pull this album as one of Jay-z's classic... but lets define classic, if this album is classic means you listen to it all the time. Not just one song, but the whole album. Also it has no skippies... means when you listen to this album you listen to it the whole way through.. When was the last time you listened to this album? probably right before vol.1 came out. It was his best lyrical effort i'll give you that... but you like us Normal hip hop fans, only listen to lets see... Feelin' it, D'Evils, Can I Live, 22 Two's, Dead Presidents, and Politics As Usual, or Regrets. not a classic.

Blueprint - Not a classic
** No skippies... Hola Hovito, Jigga That n*gga, Izzo, instant skippies...

Closest thing Jay-z got to a Classic would be Vol.2... and since that's his only album with Impact, Buzz, real Classic material in it, but also has it's skippies on it, but this is the only Jay-z album that can be considered a classic, cause its the only Jay-z CD, that no matter who it is you knew, knew of, heard of, was bumping this CD and has the original... and it is a classic, but since Jay-z fans dont agree they feel Reasonable Doubt, and "Blueprint" are Jay-z classics, then Jay-z has 0 CLASSICS.

You can get mad, but the proof is in the pudding... Every time Jay-z makes a album, the day it drops everybody calling it a classic, a week later n*ggas done moved on to the next best thing, and a month later n*ggas is saying he could have done much better... As can be seen with Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster... Jay-z music can never be classic cause he sums up the moment, and then a week later the album sounds dated.
 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM         #19
majormarcj 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:

Do you really believe what you type?
 9 years ago '04        #20
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
 A.O.™ said:

Dudes tripping if he thinks jay doesnt have at least 1 classic album
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy