The Official Jay-Z - D.O.A (Death of Autotune) Discussion Thread/Official Video Added

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

you rollin wit jay on this?
yeah!! 22 81.48%
na, im good cuz i fit the description and my feelings r hurt. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-09-2009, 02:04 PM         #441
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Jay said nothing on the track? Are people lacking comprehension? These lyrics are flying over your head or something?

That's a damn shame.
no they're just mediocre lyrics. just cause he's talking about something doesn't mean he is reciting it very well. if this was jay z's first song ever, would it really get any acclaim? it is so average on the real. he can spit very well, but on this track his potential is far from evident here
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-09-2009, 02:17 PM         #442
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JAYZJAYZ said:
Buddens on "Who" brought this concept up way before J did, but isn't getting his credit...

"Bring it up, and dudes get on some coy s**t, was it T-Pain with that funny voice s**t, was it Lil Wayne with that funny voice s**t, the whole game d**k rode that funny voice s**t..."
thts because budden is superior to jay z on substance, conscious rap. jay is too busy being an american gangster (pure ignorance) where as budden etc is on some more poetic awareness rap. jay z nor anyone else in the game right now can hit a "who k!lled hiphop?" out the park like budden did. jay z should have been pushin grafh and budden whn he had def jam but the f**k only thinks money and pushed jeezy etc... f**k jay z with this redundant s**t and having a position to refocus hip hop and not doing so. I dnt respect jay z any more AT ALL
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '06        #443
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,849 | Props total: 2011 2011
cosign.. good concept.. average song
 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM         #444
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
I chose na, cause jay z is only sayin wht every other dope emcee with half a brain has been sayin. jay was lyrically very underwhelming on it and he contradicte
himself by propping wayne, jeezy, tpain, and kanye who r ruining the idea of pure lyrical skill by imploring gimmicks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Contradicting himself because he gave a pass to T-Pain, Kanye, and Weezy? Think about it, out of everybody who f**ked with the autotune, these aren't the most successful out of the many who did?

The point of the song is not to call out folks using autotune, he's calling out folks that are not original. After T-Pain ran with it, everybody's following suit. Not just that, but he's also calling out folks dressing gay with the tight jeans, shirts, and featuring bright colors, rapping about their block (including what's left of Dipset).

It's not just the death of the autotune, just the death of all of these fads going on. Not for the sake of Hip-Hop a la Nas, but the integrity of the people making this music and how they're projecting themselves as soft sellouts.

He asks "I'm a multi-millionaire so how am I the hardest n*gga here?"
 06-09-2009, 02:42 PM         #445
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
no they're just mediocre lyrics. just cause he's talking about something doesn't mean he is reciting it very well. if this was jay z's first song ever, would it really get any acclaim? it is so average on the real. he can spit very well, but on this track his potential is far from evident here
Posted via Mobile Device
Medicore lyrics? There's a lot of quoteables in that song that get straight to the point.

"I know we facing a recession
But the music y'all making going make it the great depression"

"You n*ggas' jeans too tight
You colors too bright, your voice too light"

"You n*ggas singing too much
Get back to rap you t-paining too much
I'm a multi-millionaire
So how is it I'm still the hardest here"

"I don't be in the project hallway talking about how I be in the project all day
That sound stupid to me
If you a gangsta this is how you prove it to me"

n*ggas act like true lyricism is supposed to always have a ton of metaphors, similes, and double entendre. The point of all of those writing devices are to either paint a picture or make your point. Something Jay always seems to do correctly. n*ggas look for s**t that shouldn't even be there.

Rappers shouldn't be using those devices to make you not understand where he's coming from. That's a.ss backwards.
 9 years ago '04        #446
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 luda06 said:
Medicore lyrics? There's a lot of quoteables in that song that get straight to the point.

"I know we facing a recession
But the music y'all making going make it the great depression"

"You n*ggas' jeans too tight
You colors too bright, your voice too light"

"You n*ggas singing too much
Get back to rap you t-paining too much
I'm a multi-millionaire
So how is it I'm still the hardest here"

"I don't be in the project hallway talking about how I be in the project all day
That sound stupid to me
If you a gangsta this is how you prove it to me"

n*ggas act like true lyricism is supposed to always have a ton of metaphors, similes, and double entendre. The point of all of those writing devices are to either paint a picture or make your point. Something Jay always seems to do correctly. n*ggas look for s**t that shouldn't even be there.

Rappers shouldn't be using those devices to make you not understand where he's coming from. That's a.ss backwards.
But is that s**t really impressive? The delivery of the great depression line made took away from it...

The "too bright, too light" has been said so many times before, it's nothing eye opening.

The "t-paining too much" part didn't even rhyme and sounded corny like f**k, and it also should have been something he says in the beginning of a death of Autotune song, not the end.

The "project hallway" s**t is cool (I guess) but has absolutely nothing to do with the track.

The brilliance of Jay isn't what he actually says, it's the way he says it. This was some straight forward a.ss s**t that is straight lackluster. Only true hot line in the song is the "This is ain't politically correct" line. All the other lines sounded like any other f**kboy spitter just saying s**t. "This is Sinatra at the opera, bring a blonde" wtf...

He doesn't even truly address autotune and why it's wack and why it should be done.

And he also contradicts himself talking about jacking someone then talking about project hallway s**t. Is you a gangsta or not?

This track is actually a f**king fail if it's true title is "death Of Autotune"

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this s**t better not be on the album.

And Luda, I know you listen to Jay for real. Don't even begin to say that this is a quality record from him.

Last edited by EOAE; 06-09-2009 at 08:12 PM..
 9 years ago '09        #447
BKTerror45 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,671 | Props total: 128 128
Nas lost
 06-09-2009, 08:41 PM         #448
qce402 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the beat because I like live music more than anything but the flow was just ... there I guess

I'll look forward to mixtape remixes
 9 years ago '05        #449
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #450
Junglist 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,055 | Props total: 10084 10084
shockthreads are trash
 9 years ago '08        #451
TheKid21 
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
i'm not really an autotune fan, but jay kinda sounds like that old man on the porch yelling at the young dudes having fun wylin out in the street making this song
 9 years ago '07        #452
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Another thread.. about this song.

I don't like it that much, but damn is another thread needed.
 9 years ago '06        #453
KC2NC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,802 | Props total: 78 78
 06-09-2009, 09:13 PM         #454
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doa = piff
 9 years ago '06        #455
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 214 214
^^^ Co SIIIIGN
 9 years ago '09        #456
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
10 page thread minimum
 9 years ago '04        #457
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,421 | Props total: 3927 3927
i really am not feelin this track off 1 listen...
 9 years ago '04        #458
xxxboboxxx 2 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 0 0
dropped on a friday night and 50,000 people sang that s**t back to jigga sunday night at summerjam.... as many haters as there gonna be jigga already won
 9 years ago '05        #459
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,984 | Props total: 473 473
Obviously the lyrics aren't anything special..but how can you hate on the track itself? The live instruments are ridiculous.
 9 years ago '07        #460
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,403 | Props total: 21552 21552
 Twista740 said:
Doa = piff
:iagree:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy