The Official Jay-Z - D.O.A (Death of Autotune) Discussion Thread/Official Video Added

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

you rollin wit jay on this?
yeah!! 22 81.48%
na, im good cuz i fit the description and my feelings r hurt. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #421
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
....hmmm.... who is yeezy?
kanye = yeezy, wtf you live under a rock
 9 years ago '07        #422
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 Kal Tourette said:

I'm so proud of Eminem and Red and Meth for selling what they did by being themselves and using no tools or crutches to show us how truly talented they are
so em's publicity stunt where he had the dude a.ss and balls in his face and then him dressing in drag in his videos and going after pop acts in his lead single is not using tools or crutches to sell records

eminem's entire existence is based on tools and crutches make another arguement
 9 years ago '04        #423
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,341 | Props total: 4476 4476
 HUMAN_CRACK said:
kanye = yeezy, wtf you live under a rock
no he's just tired of every damn artist being corny and using a stupid a.ss cliche name with the suffix -ezy
 9 years ago '04        #424
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 813 813
I dont think hov was comming at artist I think he was coming at these dudes at the top. I have heard many interviews with up and coming artist and they all say that these labels are telling them to make song and dance music. Some people think that hov was coming at people like gucci but if you think about it gucci only gets love from the underground. When is the last time you saw gucci on 106? or mtv? I watched mtv's spring break this year and you would think that with all the buzz gucci has that he would be on spring break but nope. Barely any rappers were. Jim jones was on there and he was singing I love college with asher roth and weezie was on there doing rock tunes. I didn't watch bet's spring bling but I doubt gucci was on there either. People like gucci dont fit the image that these labels wanna put out. This is the same problem with many east coast rappers today they aint fittin the image the labels wanna put out. "ring tone rap" is driving the market because that's what these labels seem to be supporting. This is what teens are supporting cuz its all they are exposed to. If this was like 2000 and gucci had the buzz he has now he'd be all over mtv/ bet. I don't think the internet or you tube has anything to do with it. It seems like no one is being original anymore and I really think that is what jay-Z was getting at. Seems like people are just doing what ever to make a dollar. Another thing is I feel like America was feeling like rap/hip-hop was producing too many people like the character in my avy (o dog) and this was scaring them.

Last edited by shadow_boxer; 06-07-2009 at 10:48 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #425
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,421 | Props total: 1867 1867
I PERSONALLY THINK HOV WAS TALKING TO THIS ERA OF RAP WITH WEEZY, SOULJAH BOY, ETC. BASICALLY SAYING THIS ERA IS DEAD AND ITS TIME FOR THAT HARDCORE s**t ONCE AGAIN.
 9 years ago '05        #426
Ushouldpayme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,948 | Props total: 575 575
I posted this thought earlier....

Yesterday, 09:01 AM online · #428
SayWhataka
Ushouldpayme

Props or Hate?

Saggin=n*ggas

$920

Rolls wit 0 on BX

Reppin' Right Here.
Rep Power: 4612888 How in the world does anyone defend auto-tune but t-pain...seriously!!! And since he ain't talking about t-pain and cats is catchin' feelings proves the point he's trying to make. This is for when hip hoppers/those who love the art go in with they album with no auto-tune and the decision makers say, "where is the auto-tune, we need it to sound like such-and-such", n*ggaz got stand up for the art. How many cats got major internet buzz but no album cuz they refuse to not-be original? Auto-tune is straight but stand up for the art and be original.

Hell yeah a paragraph....read more!!!

Last edited by Ushouldpayme; 06-07-2009 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: cuz I can
 9 years ago '05        #427
tdubbayou 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,109 | Props total: 43 43
I think Hov was just Bitin Nas...I mean he did this 3 years ago with HHID
 9 years ago '05        #428
tdubbayou 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,109 | Props total: 43 43
Sounds Like a knock of HipHop is dead to me
 9 years ago '07        #429
itsyaboydub 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,038 | Props total: 0 0
just posted the instro in the @http://itsbx.com/showthread.php?p=9614507#post9614507
prop me
 06-08-2009, 08:29 AM         #430
!LL MuZ!k 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel what Jay-Z is talking about but in the same sense that song is wack, the beat is wack, the flow is wack, the content is wack. I am highly disappointed in this effort. If this is what Blueprint 3 is going to be like he can keep that s**t. This is reminding me of the Kingdom Come effort he put out. I honestly think Jay is just out of touch with music at this point. (too busy making business moves) I am waiting on BP3 but I pray to GOD it doesn't resemble this or jockin Jay-Z.

I think people know that track is wack but they feel the concept and it's J so they are scared to admit it.

We are in the times where people extremely d**kride anything close to what they can relate too and people who are saying this song is amazing and "classic" and s**t are PROBABLY most likely just:

[pic - click to view]

Jay-Z off

Last edited by !LL MuZ!k; 06-08-2009 at 08:58 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #431
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
Masterpiece.
 9 years ago '04        #432
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
...but not impressive at all.

Jay is my idol, and I loved the idea, but the execution was poor and he didn't really say anything.

I can't be the only one that thinks this...
 9 years ago '05        #433
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
I think the concept was dope and it sort of pushed the idea but him bringing out T-Pain with this song on pretty much threw the concept out the window. Autotune sounds horrible no matter who uses it their should be no exceptions.
 9 years ago '04        #434
DHarryK3 
space
space
$187 | Props total: 0 0
honestly..to me,it wouldn't have been that bad if he was over a better beat. i mean come no i.d. were u serious with that s**tstrumental?..i agree bad execution
 9 years ago '07        #435
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1760 1760
I agree..the track kinda wack and he's saying nothing
 9 years ago '08        #436
JAYZJAYZ 
space
space
space
$68 | Props total: 110 110
Buddens on "Who" brought this concept up way before J did, but isn't getting his credit...

"Bring it up, and dudes get on some coy s**t, was it T-Pain with that funny voice s**t, was it Lil Wayne with that funny voice s**t, the whole game d**k rode that funny voice s**t..."
 9 years ago '05        #437
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 whodatb1 said:
i guess u guys didnt read da articles sayin he didnt bring t pain out

he just popped up to show he respected what hov was sayin

i think it was dope
Then Jay should of kicked that f*g**t off the stage. Hes the one we can thank for everyone and their grandma trying autotune.
 9 years ago '05        #438
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4738 4738
 JAYZJAYZ said:
Buddens on "Who" brought this concept up way before J did, but isn't getting his credit...
wrong.budden used the "hiphop is dead" concept..........jay is focusing on everyone using auto-tune........so all budden did was try a "who dun it" concept to the concept that Nas brought up "the death of hiphop"
 06-09-2009, 01:59 PM         #439
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay said nothing on the track? Are people lacking comprehension? These lyrics are flying over your head or something?

That's a damn shame.
 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM         #440
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I chose na, cause jay z is only sayin wht every other dope emcee with half a brain has been sayin. jay was lyrically very underwhelming on it and he contradicte
himself by propping wayne, jeezy, tpain, and kanye who r ruining the idea of pure lyrical skill by imploring gimmicks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
86 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy