The Official Jay-Z - D.O.A (Death of Autotune) Discussion Thread/Official Video Added

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
40 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
225 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

you rollin wit jay on this?
yeah!! 22 81.48%
na, im good cuz i fit the description and my feelings r hurt. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #221
xxxboboxxx 2 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 0 0
for everyone saying its aight or jays lyrics were only ok, i think ya'll missin the whole point of the track... i just think it was a straight up message to everyone to stop with autotone s**t... no makin the same s**tty songs over and over again... man up and do you and bring the hip hop back to where it used to be... i cant stand turnin on the radio and hearing the same ish on every station... we had some good releases already in 09 and bp3 should be dope if jay do like he say and got back to the simple gutterr floww
 06-06-2009, 01:07 AM         #222
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
U think nas can do this, lmao every rapper will start clowning that punk a.ss n*gga. Dat n*gga tried to say hip hop is dead and that shyt backfired
 9 years ago '04        #223
flowmatic 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,922 | Props total: 716 716
........ i love the track , aint incredible but deffinitely not a track that can be labelled the flaw when ya consider an album a classic ,, atleast he still onpoint wit it
 9 years ago '05        #224
CrookedEye99 
space
space
$767 | Props total: 0 0
Why do they allow Funk Flex to be on the air?
 9 years ago '04        #225
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 433 433
I like the radio rip better than official version of the song
 06-06-2009, 02:10 AM         #226
vinkrillzz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OoChiLLoO said:
...Corrected.
u dont see white people snappin poppin... makin gay dances.... i really could care less but u cant put that gay s**t on us... i hear auto tune i think 16 yr old black kid from atlanta roller skating and making up dances
 9 years ago '05        #227
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
 xxxboboxxx said:
for everyone saying its aight or jays lyrics were only ok, i think ya'll missin the whole point of the track... i just think it was a straight up message to everyone to stop with autotone s**t... no makin the same s**tty songs over and over again... man up and do you and bring the hip hop back to where it used to be... i cant stand turnin on the radio and hearing the same ish on every station... we had some good releases already in 09 and bp3 should be dope if jay do like he say and got back to the simple gutterr floww
who is he to tell other people what music that they can and cannot make? or for that matter what we as the people can and cannot listen to? are we supposed to just worship king hova and whatever he endorses? are we men or mice!? this s**t is crazy man
 9 years ago '05        #228
space
space
to everyone saying that rap is wack now because of the dancing & snapping & autotune... where were you 30 years ago when n*ggas was wearing sequins & make up... and rapping? where were you in the 80's when we were talking about "hip hop hippie to da hippiedie hip hop? where were you in 1995 when california love dropped and roger troutman did the hook, on full autotune (talkbox)? where were you when teddy riley was running the early/mid 90's new jack swing & using autotune throughout?

this guy says stop doing what cats have been doing for longer than some of yall have been on earth and you say... aight? f**k that and f**k him
 9 years ago '05        #229
space
space
 vinkrillzz said:
u dont see white people snappin poppin... makin gay dances.... i really could care less but u cant put that gay s**t on us... i hear auto tune i think 16 yr old black kid from atlanta roller skating and making up dances
is that 16 year old kid henceforth denied the right to enjoy their teenage adolescence in the matter that they chose because jay-z says so?
 06-06-2009, 02:53 AM         #230
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingz21 said:
U think nas can do this, lmao every rapper will start clowning that punk a.ss n*gga. Dat n*gga tried to say hip hop is dead and that shyt backfired
i know right

jay says some controversial s**t, its hot
if nas said it, dudes would start dissing him like crazy

good song, got me interested in BP3 again
 9 years ago '05        #231
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
Y'all n*ggas hype up Hov way too damn much.

I f**ks w/ the msg/statement of the song but the deliver is that "old flow" Jigga that we've been stuck with since Kingdom Come. The "nah nah nah" part is gonna get annoying to me I can already tell, the "ugh" he puts in the track is gonna get on my nerves (for the simple fact he does it as if he's spitting the hardest s**t ever...yet his flow is so slow...it's like an old man thinking he's still in his prime really).

...so I just reread my post and damn I'm sounding like a hater, but I'm really not one. Hov is one of the greats, yes, and American Gangster was the s**t--fact remains tho this song is definitely being overhyped. Still don't think he'll drop something hotter than Relapse. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.
 9 years ago '06        #232
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3475 3475
 2D.... said:
i know right

jay says some controversial s**t, its hot
if nas said it, dudes would start dissing him like crazy

good song, got me interested in BP3 again

..and people to this day still wonder why the "Nas Lost" movement began
 9 years ago '06        #233
Supa mario 
space
space
$3,084 | Props total: 1210 1210
 WEREWOLF said:
"i know we facin a recession// but the music yall makin gonna make it the great depression"

i literally wanted to get up and go punch a catholic nun in the face when i heard that s**t.

hov is back b***hes:applause:
:agreement6::

" you boys pants to thight/colors to bright/your voice to light"

Hov
 9 years ago '05        #234
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,778 | Props total: 4716 4716
Cd Quality:
 9 years ago '04        #235
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
This needed to be said. I love this song for the message that its sending. Auto Tune is not wack, its the fact that you got waaaaaaay to many people using it because that's what its popular at the time. I don't wanna here every artist in the world on auto tune its not for everyone that's just like if you heard Flo-Rida singing neo soul because it becomes the popular fad at the time. Now if he would be a great neo soul artist (which I seriously doubt) then by all means sing it, but don't sing it if it aint you. Yes all through hip-hop we have seen many artist and groups bank off of the particular fad of the time, but now days it seems like the whole freakin industry is doing it. This is what makes everything seem sooooo bland anymore. The lack of substance. I feel like artist are not doing them anymore they are just doin what ever it takes to make money. This takes the art out of artist.I mean I know you gotta make your money but dang be original. I bet if half these artist started really doing them and stopped listening to the dude who's telling them what to do, we will prolly start to see quality music again. Zapp and Roger using the auto tune man that was their thing, it worked for them. I believe they were from Cali, their music gave you that laid back Cali feel. When Snoop made s3xual seduction it worked for him because he grew up on that stuff that's what they was listening to in cali when he was younger. I think that this song is sending a message bigger than the death of auto tune. I feel like Jay-z isn't dissin the use of auto tune but more or less this whole idea of unoriginality. If you gonna make a club banga put your originality in to that music. For example when Nas made quick to back down with little John he was still Nas on the track he wasn't screaming and hollering he put his style on to the crunk music which was popular at the time. When Jay-z made change the game that was a str8 up west coast track but he still kept it east coast, which imo made a great song.

Last edited by shadow_boxer; 06-06-2009 at 05:42 AM..
 06-06-2009, 05:44 AM         #236
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Does Jay-Z pay you?

Anyways song is crack man. Em and Jay-Z both this year. Gonna be a good year to finally listen to real hip hop man. Hopefully this song catches on fast and does get that whack autotune s**t off the radio. *reminisces of a time where hip hop like this used to be on all day*
Is hov paying anyone to say this s**t is hot?

You sound stupid

*Continues bumping D.O.A.*
 06-06-2009, 07:08 AM         #237
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice track and good message
 9 years ago '05        #238
RichardMBAGG$ 
space
space
$543 | Props total: 109 109
Nice......
 9 years ago '12        #239
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
this s**t go hard
 9 years ago '05        #240
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,197 | Props total: 15716 15716
 01seay said:
The beat goes hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

I'm sitting here at work and haven't even heard the track yet...but this gif is f**king
hilarious.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy