Kobe: “People think Shaq would have won a championship without ME on that team?”

most viewed right now
 243
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 124
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 111
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 67
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #81
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 luv4music said:
jesus u stans are amazing

Lakers Best Player (Number 1 Option) With Rings:

Magic - 5

Shaq - 3

Kobe - 0 (but will prob get it this year)

You could put Kareem in there too but besides the '85 finals it was really Magic who did all the damage. I didn't even bother with Wilt or J-West because half u dumb f**ks didn't start watching the NBA until 2000.

Now you can talk about how it's a different game now and blah blah blah but this whole thread is about who is the number one option on the team when someone wins a title.

Kobe the best? He's not even in the top 5 of Lakers (as number one option with rings before you blow a load all over the screen)

and for those that are counting, MJ = 6 - which no one player will ever catch (unless Lebron gets a legit bigman or Dwight gets some Tim Duncan post moves).

EDIT - Oh yeh, and could he have won it without Kobe? Probably not, but Shaq was at a point in his career when any talented (yes, i think Kobe was and is talented) guard helping out would have won the title, just like MJ could have done it without Pippen if the Bulls picked up another legitimate 2/3 to fill the gap. These side-kicks get elevated by being able to play more free when the best player in the team takes all the defensive focus

Lebron proved this year and Kobe proved last year that being the best player without proper back-up won't get you a ring, but know your f**king history
lol @ this fake a.ss basketball head act..
You could go into Jerry West and Wilt? Who had how many combined titles as a first option? A COMBINED one. You must have forgotten the fact that the Lakers team that won the title had West/Wilt TOGETHER, and Gail Goodrich lead the Lakers in scoring over both of them.
Not to mention Magic was really the first option for maybe one or two titles as a Laker. LOL.. You COULD put Kareem in there too? No s**t.

And really... Name 5 Lakers better than Kobe?


I guess you should include Byron Scott too, since he won a finals MVP, I guess that means he won as a first option then, huh?

Also, probably any "talented" guard could have helped the Lakers come out of the West when it was completely loaded with big men.. I guess all he had to do was give the ball to Shaq, let him put up his 100 points and 50 rebounds and get out of the way, right?

Your entire logic is f**ked up; not to mention f**king stupid.


Last edited by A.G; 06-05-2009 at 10:06 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #82
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
^ Hakeem did it alone? Really? Clyde anyone?

7 players on that 94' 95' squad averaged 10 + points.
 9 years ago '09        #83
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$11,188 | Props total: 3488 3488
 str8_akademiks said:
lol @ this fake a.ss basketball head act..
You could go into Jerry West and Wilt? Who had how many combined titles as a first option? A COMBINED one. You must have forgotten the fact that the Lakers team that won the title had West/Wilt TOGETHER, and Gail Goodrich lead the Lakers in scoring over both of them.
Not to mention Magic was really the first option for maybe one or two titles as a Laker. LOL.. You COULD put Kareem in there too? No s**t.

And really... Name 5 Lakers better than Kobe?


I guess you should include Byron Scott too, since he won a finals MVP, I guess that means he won as a first option then, huh?

Also, probably any "talented" guard could have helped the Lakers come out of the West when it was completely loaded with big men.. I guess all he had to do was give the ball to Shaq, let him put up his 100 points and 50 rebounds and get out of the way, right?

Your entire logic is f**ked up; not to mention f**king stupid.


:owned:
 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM         #84
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
^ Hakeem did it alone? Really? Clyde anyone?

7 players on that 94' 95' squad averaged 10 + points.
He won his first title before Clyde Drexler got there.
 06-05-2009, 12:00 PM         #85
RonMexicoQB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
^ Hakeem did it alone? Really? Clyde anyone?

7 players on that 94' 95' squad averaged 10 + points.
i meant to put hakeems first. and i know he didn't do it alone for the first one but you know people on this site like to think one person is the sole reason for a team winning. they act like jordan played with a bunch of kwames browns and he was scoring every basket and defending every player.
 9 years ago '04        #86
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,695 | Props total: 1475 1475
 str8_akademiks said:
lol @ this fake a.ss basketball head act..
You could go into Jerry West and Wilt? Who had how many combined titles as a first option? A COMBINED one. You must have forgotten the fact that the Lakers team that won the title had West/Wilt TOGETHER, and Gail Goodrich lead the Lakers in scoring over both of them.
Not to mention Magic was really the first option for maybe one or two titles as a Laker. LOL.. You COULD put Kareem in there too? No s**t.

And really... Name 5 Lakers better than Kobe?


I guess you should include Byron Scott too, since he won a finals MVP, I guess that means he won as a first option then, huh?

Also, probably any "talented" guard could have helped the Lakers come out of the West when it was completely loaded with big men.. I guess all he had to do was give the ball to Shaq, let him put up his 100 points and 50 rebounds and get out of the way, right?

Your entire logic is f**ked up; not to mention f**king stupid.

read the whole thing retard

i'll help u out in numbered point form, okay?

1) this whole thread is about who was the number one option behind a ring. following me so far?

2) Magic was the number one option for all of his titles. i'm sure through your laker-jocking antics you are aware that he was their ball handler and go-to guy for all 5 of his titles. no, go-to guy/number one option doesn't mean finals MVP award, it means your the best player on your team. which is what the thread is about (see point 1)

3) since the whole thread has been about who was the number 1 option in the quest for a ring (see point 1 again - sorry), I wrote a small list of other Laker players who WERE the number one options when they won a ring. pretty sure it wasn't a list of 5 Laker players better than Kobe, just 5 Laker players who WERE the number one option on a Laker team that won a Laker ring. i'm fully aware you live on black mamba juice, and i hate to be the one to break it to you, but Kobe hasn't done that. he probably will this year. just not yet which is what the thread was about (i know, i know, see point 1)

4) Now for your last point about a West loaded with big men. in no way am i saying Tony Parker is better than Kobe, but he was "talented" enough to be the side-kick guard to Tim Duncan's big man. Like Veron Maxwell was to Hakeem. Like Clyde Drexler was to Hakeem. Like Prince Paul and Ray Ray were to KG. Like Kobe was to Shaq. if you think Kobe was the only player in the NBA "talented" enough to be Shaq's side-kick on those three rings you truely are the biggest f**king Stan on BX, and Quik needs to give you his crown

who's the fake a.ss basketball head now you f**king clown? :greetings10:
 9 years ago '06        #87
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Can't front. 94' Rockets, Hakeem didn't have a 2nd guy. I was wrong. Solid team but he didn't have a legend with him.
 9 years ago '06        #88
frequent23 
space
avatar space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
Why do people still bring up the cavs? them bumbs got bounced, shulda got swept if bron aint hit that lucky a.ss 3, and maybe wulda won some games if he culda hit some freethrows, its his fault too idk why everyone blaming the whole team but him, yea he was droppin but when it mattered he choked AGAIN ... stop talkin bout them clown they at home watchin the finals on tv
 9 years ago '04        #89
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 luv4music said:
read the whole thing retard

i'll help u out in numbered point form, okay?

1) this whole thread is about who was the number one option behind a ring. following me so far?

2) Magic was the number one option for all of his titles. i'm sure through your laker-jocking antics you are aware that he was their ball handler and go-to guy for all 5 of his titles. no, go-to guy/number one option doesn't mean finals MVP award, it means your the best player on your team. which is what the thread is about (see point 1)

3) since the whole thread has been about who was the number 1 option in the quest for a ring (see point 1 again - sorry), I wrote a small list of other Laker players who WERE the number one options when they won a ring. pretty sure it wasn't a list of 5 Laker players better than Kobe, just 5 Laker players who WERE the number one option on a Laker team that won a Laker ring. i'm fully aware you live on black mamba juice, and i hate to be the one to break it to you, but Kobe hasn't done that. he probably will this year. just not yet which is what the thread was about (i know, i know, see point 1)

4) Now for your last point about a West loaded with big men. in no way am i saying Tony Parker is better than Kobe, but he was "talented" enough to be the side-kick guard to Tim Duncan's big man. Like Veron Maxwell was to Hakeem. Like Clyde Drexler was to Hakeem. Like Prince Paul and Ray Ray were to KG. Like Kobe was to Shaq. if you think Kobe was the only player in the NBA "talented" enough to be Shaq's side-kick on those three rings you truely are the biggest f**king Stan on BX, and Quik needs to give you his crown

who's the fake a.ss basketball head now you f**king clown? :greetings10:
1) ......

2) No he wasn't. Being the ball handler (aka. point guard) does not mean you are the number 1 option. How was it that Kareem still won MVPs, 1st team all NBA and 1st team all defense after Magic came to the Lakers when he wasn't the best player on his own team? Best player in the league but not the best on his team? I'll say Magic was the best for probably 3 of the 5 titles and still he wasn't the "go to guy" on the team because of the fact that so many different players were scoring and making clutch plays. Magic was still the player who was distributing most of the time when it's all said and done.

3) Now there's suddenly a top 5 list of players who were the number 1 option for a title winning team? What kind of stupid a.ss measure is that? You're f**king retarded by default for even thinking of some stupid s**t like that.

4) When Kobe was the 2nd option to Shaq, he was a legitimate top 5 player in the NBA and probably the best guard in the league by the 2nd title. If you actually watched those series' instead of pretending to be some a*****e who's been watching basketball for long enough to "bother with Wilt or J-West" and then showing yourself to be fundamentally retarded, you would know that Kobe was the main reason they got past teams like Portland, Sacramento & San Antonio when they were the best teams at neutralizing Shaq. And when push comes to shove, guess who they went to when the game was on the line, or when they needed clutch shots? Who WASN'T the liability when it came to late game situations, and who played defense on the best perimeter player on the floor?
So no, not ANY "talented guard" would have won a title with Shaq because apart from maybe T-Mac back then, he was the best guard in the league on both offense and defense.
 9 years ago '04        #90
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
 str8_akademiks said:
1) ......

2) No he wasn't. Being the ball handler (aka. point guard) does not mean you are the number 1 option. How was it that Kareem still won MVPs, 1st team all NBA and 1st team all defense after Magic came to the Lakers when he wasn't the best player on his own team? Best player in the league but not the best on his team? I'll say Magic was the best for probably 3 of the 5 titles and still he wasn't the "go to guy" on the team because of the fact that so many different players were scoring and making clutch plays. Magic was still the player who was distributing most of the time when it's all said and done.

3) Now there's suddenly a top 5 list of players who were the number 1 option for a title winning team? What kind of stupid a.ss measure is that? You're f**king retarded by default for even thinking of some stupid s**t like that.

4) When Kobe was the 2nd option to Shaq, he was a legitimate top 5 player in the NBA and probably the best guard in the league by the 2nd title. If you actually watched those series' instead of pretending to be some a*****e who's been watching basketball for long enough to "bother with Wilt or J-West" and then showing yourself to be fundamentally retarded, you would know that Kobe was the main reason they got past teams like Portland, Sacramento & San Antonio when they were the best teams at neutralizing Shaq. And when push comes to shove, guess who they went to when the game was on the line, or when they needed clutch shots? Who WASN'T the liability when it came to late game situations, and who played defense on the best perimeter player on the floor?
So no, not ANY "talented guard" would have won a title with Shaq because apart from maybe T-Mac back then, he was the best guard in the league on both offense and defense.
:applause::applause:
 9 years ago '04        #91
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 majormarcj said:
Ur ignorant...6 championships, 5 finals mvps, 5 season mvps, 11 time all nba, 9 time defensive first team, defensive player of the year (no guard will ever do this again), rookie of the year, all star mvp 3 times, 2 time olympic gold medalist..averaged damn near 30 his first season...stop being a f*g all your life.. stfu
And what does any of that have to do with my point?

Let me explain it to you, since you're slow...

Basketball doesn't = NBA
NBA Does, however, = Basketball

So if I say "Kobe is the best basketball player ever" you can only argue BASKETBALL against me, and not NBA stats.

The main objective in Basketball is to score more than the other player/team... No matter how you do it, you only win if you have more points when it's over... so with that being said...

Kobe and MJ, on a court, with a ball and a hoop... Kobe is the best at putting the ball in the hoop... therefore Kobe > MJ...

:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #92
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
As far as Shaq and Kobe...

Qtrs. 1-3, Shaq = Jordan, Kobe = Pippen
Qtr. 4, Shaq = Pippen, Kobe = Jordan

that's how I see it
 9 years ago '12        #93
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$46,984 | Props total: 1251 1251
 DJ Maximum said:
no big man no chip honestly

pau gasol could easily avg 32 ppg if he gets more touches

without gasol LA would be just like cleveland
Exactly.
 9 years ago '04        #94
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 DJ Maximum said:
no big man no chip honestly

pau gasol could easily avg 32 ppg if he gets more touches

without gasol LA would be just like cleveland


If he could "easily" do it, he would... He had ALL the touches in Memphis and has never averaged anywhere NEAR 32 ppg...

He looks like he can now because he's on a team with Kobe... If Kobe wasn't playing, Gasol's avg. would drop...

I swear people just be sayin s**t just to say it...
 9 years ago '05        #95
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 TigerUppercut said:
Nope. Only thing MJ and Magic have over Kobe is that they were more Successful. But Magic didn't even have half the talent Kobe does and Kobe is just a notch above Jordan talentwise.

Finally somebody that knows what they’re talking about. I don’t understand why people confuse winning with being a better player. I don’t care if somebody comes in the league and wins 10 rings. If he doesn’t have the overall package then he’s not the best player. Best winner maybe but not the best player.
 9 years ago '08        #96
The N 466 heat pts466
space
avatar space
space
$45,543 | Props total: 17178 17178
Kobe is Shaq's son


[pic - click to view]

 9 years ago '05        #97
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 The N said:
Kobe is Shaq's son


[pic - click to view]

Like how you're my son?
 9 years ago '04        #98
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
lol @ The N and the TheT wtf LMFAO
 9 years ago '04        #99
SHOWTIME 
space
avatar space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 DJ Maximum said:
no big man no chip honestly

pau gasol could easily avg 32 ppg if he gets more touches

without gasol LA would be just like cleveland
yea... just like he did in memphis right?


you hating f*g**ts are disgusting... pau is putting up some of his best numbers playing with kobe
 9 years ago '06        #100
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
 DJ Maximum said:
no big man no chip honestly

pau gasol could easily avg 32 ppg if he gets more touches

without gasol LA would be just like cleveland
your right on the big man no chip part but

u give gasol more touches and we either will win big or lose big

stamina etc gasol just doesnt have that in him but he is a legit 4 that will give you slightly 20 n 10

gasol wasnt doing s**t in memphis and only made the all star team once

kobe makes gasol better not the other way around but gasol makes it way easier for kobe
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy