Kobe: “People think Shaq would have won a championship without ME on that team?”

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
 majormarcj said:
He wouldnt have won with out Shaq....Shaq wouldve won with out Kobe...Kobe is not in the same league with Jordan...He isnt even the best laker of all time...will u stans quit it...like forreal just stop.
Prove it. If you can't, shut the f**k up....

I can say "Kobe is a better basketball player than Jordan ever was" and you can't prove me wrong... So suck it....
 9 years ago '08        #42
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Kobe d**kriders are the worst..
No they wouldn't have won it but Shaq was still a bigger piece to the puzzle than Kobe.
 9 years ago '05        #43
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
 P. Dedos said:
the other stuff i wrote really hurts huh
That what Shaq was the better player? You put Shaq on anybody's team and he's the best player.
 9 years ago '06        #44
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18792 18792
 DJ Maximum said:
no big man no chip honestly

pau gasol could easily avg 32 ppg if he gets more touches

without gasol LA would be just like cleveland
co-sign....

Kobe still ain't doin it on his own.....
 9 years ago '04        #45
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
 JeeQ said:
Damn, let it go, Shaq was the key to the Lakers in that era. When the Lakers won those championship the offense ran through Shaq, there's no arguing this. REAL Laker fans know this and admit this. Stop living in the past and cheer on Kobe to win his this year. You don't hear Tony Parker b***hing all the time about them being Duncan's rings. You don't hear Allen/Pierce/Garnett arguing over who won their championship for them. Hell, you never hear Pippen complaining about Jordan. It's way past time to move past this Shaq/Kobe thing.
Do you hear Kobe b***hing about it? It's the dumb a.ss fans and media that keep bringing that s**t up... Stop acting like Kobe was a f**king bench player (not directed at you) Kobe was just as important to those championships... Who woulda closed out those games? When Shaq was being sent to the FT line to miss 40% of his shots...
 9 years ago '06        #46
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Let's get it...f**k these Laker Haters! Time to Get that Chip!!!
 9 years ago '06        #47
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
After Kobe wins this one >>>> Better than Shaq!!
 06-04-2009, 07:44 PM         #48
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
better than shaq at what :wtf:
snitching
 9 years ago '06        #49
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
better than shaq at what :wtf:
Career. Shaq is done.
 9 years ago '06        #50
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
3 leader championships and one side kick championship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> one leader championship and 3 sidekick championships

nice try tho
How about Shaq never won a championship without another superstar player.
 9 years ago '04        #51
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
SHAQ!!!!! PERIOD
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-04-2009, 08:18 PM         #52
rbaker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man shaq was key to the lakers but they still needed kobe he is right
 9 years ago '05        #53
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 DJ Maximum said:
now he would

give gasol 24 shot attempts vs 30 shot attempts from kobe and lets see who scores more

and more and 1's
gasol has a reputation of choking. i don't expect u to know this but gasol has choked hard for spain time and time again and the same when he was on memphis. dude couldn't even win a playoff game...his stats suffer and his efficiency goes down when his usage goes up as well. so iono wtf you're talking about. you're just coming up with a bunch of hypotheticals...
 06-04-2009, 09:23 PM         #54
fish250 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:
@ gasol easily averaging 32

i'm sure memphis would've loved to have had that information
riiight. kobe is the reason the lakers are the lakers and im not a kobe fan.. i give him his dues but dont root for him but hes in the top 2 in the nba if not numero ono
 06-04-2009, 10:28 PM         #55
majormarcj 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GoldynChyld421 said:
Prove it. If you can't, shut the f**k up....

I can say "Kobe is a better basketball player than Jordan ever was" and you can't prove me wrong... So suck it....
Ur ignorant...6 championships, 5 finals mvps, 5 season mvps, 11 time all nba, 9 time defensive first team, defensive player of the year (no guard will ever do this again), rookie of the year, all star mvp 3 times, 2 time olympic gold medalist..averaged damn near 30 his first season...stop being a f*g all your life.. stfu

Last edited by majormarcj; 06-04-2009 at 10:32 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #56
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,420 | Props total: 6377 6377
wish they stopped referencing the past, need to just worry about the Finals now, 5th appearance in the Finals, need to go ahead and win these next 3 games
 9 years ago '06        #57
jj01 
space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
buffoonery at its finest
 9 years ago '07        #58
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 GoldynChyld421 said:
Do you hear Kobe b***hing about it? It's the dumb a.ss fans and media that keep bringing that s**t up... Stop acting like Kobe was a f**king bench player (not directed at you) Kobe was just as important to those championships... Who woulda closed out those games? When Shaq was being sent to the FT line to miss 40% of his shots...
Its also the dumb a.ss kobe stans who keeps puttin him above MJ. Even if kobe wins this yr he will have one ring as the #1 option while MJ was the #1 for ALL 6 of his rings. Yes everybody knows that MJ wouldnt have won 6 without pippen, but MJ was NEVER the sidekick.
 9 years ago '05        #59
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
Shaq couldn't win it by himself.......

but neither could Kobe.......

Kobe had to get a legit big man to do it, just like Shaq had to have a legit little guy to do it.....
 9 years ago '07        #60
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 Dee Grande said:
its probably been posted or moved by the merge-happy mods, but i'm too lazy to check

LOS ANGELES – Kobe Bryant(notes) has retreated into one of his dark provinces, a sullen and solitary state radiating an unmistakable aura: Don’t bleep with me now. As Bryant creeps closer to these NBA Finals, he’s long with his glares and short with his answers. Around him, his people will tell you that they’ve seldom seen him work his way into such a startling ferocity.

For fifteen minutes, he had been hellbent on getting out of the Staples Center interview room with pursed lips and muttered clichés. He wanted to give nothing, and he was well on his way when it was asked of him about needing a championship without Shaquille O’Neal(notes), about validating his legacy. There would be no clean getaway on Wednesday for Kobe Bryant.

He was out of clichés, out of patience and damn near out of his mind. “It means … nothing,” he said, and now it was coming on the eve of Game 1, the window into Bryant’s tortured soul that reminds everyone that it means everything.

“People think Shaq would have won a championship without me on that team?” Bryant sniffed.

“They’re crazy.”

Oddly enough, Shaq made a most predictable proclamation Wednesday on Twitter: “I want Kobe to get No. 4.” Yes, he wants Bryant to catch him with No. 4, because it probably stings him less than Dwight Howard(notes) and Stan Van Gundy – two of his favorite targets – winning No. 1. Almost a year ago, Shaq gleefully rapped that “Kobe couldn’t do without me,” and laughed and laughed and laughed. It made Shaq look small and petty, just as that Tweet was so disingenuous.

These days, Shaq is on the defensive. He’s trying to appear magnanimous, but it’s a tough sell. Kobe refused to play make-believe with Shaq on All-Star weekend, and won’t bother now.

For Bryant, this series is a chance to settle scores, old and new. Deep down, Bryant understands that he has to win a championship without Shaq. The question still chases him, still drives him wild, and now is his chance to never hear it again. Shaq is yesterday’s champion in the NBA, and LeBron James(notes) is tomorrow’s. The moment is now for Bryant. He hears all these arbitrary arguments of how James has surpassed him, but he didn’t reach the Finals to prove it on the game’s grandest stage.

LeBron didn’t just lose the chance at an NBA dream Finals, he lost a little of his sterling reputation, too. Now, David Stern wants to talk to him about his lousy sportsmanship, and worse justification, in the aftermath of the Game 6 loss to Orlando.

Those close to Kobe were asking a fair question on Wednesday: How badly would Bryant have been beaten up had he pulled a stunt like LeBron’s?

Almost a.ssuredly, Bryant will retire with just one MVP award because LeBron and Dwyane Wade’s(notes) twentysomething legs will dominate the next several regular seasons in bigger, bolder ways. But most of all for Bryant, the Lakers offer him a chance to compete for championships for the next few years, to catch Michael Jordan and his six titles.

That’s how Bryant can separate himself. Ultimately, he understands that history will judge him on those, that the rings will punctuate the debate on the best player of his time, the best ever. For Bryant, there are no a.ssurances past this season. Phil Jackson could retire with his 10th coaching championship, the one that would pass the Boston Celtics’ Red Auerbach and that would leave Bryant starting over with a coach who will be Jackson’s inferior.

These days, Bryant is cherishing what could be his final run with the coach, insisting, “It would be a tremendous honor to be on the team that can get him that 10th championship.”

Mostly, though, Kobe Bryant is in Kobe Bryant mode. He tried so hard to get through his news conference without a window into him, but that’s hard for Bryant. He has listened to that Shaq question over and over for years, and now’s he’s four victories from never hearing it again. No, Shaq never would’ve won those titles without Kobe. For those who still doubt that, well, Bryant called them “crazy.” All that anger, all that animus, welled up within Kobe Bryant on the eve of these NBA Finals, and it will be something spectacular to watch at Staples Center on Thursday.

Yes, the message was unmistakable: Don’t bleep with him now.

[pic - click to view]

:agreement6: @ the goat making it known

who else can do this?

:applause::applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy