The Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
In the multiplayer mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, players can equip different attributes that will enhance their combat abilities. Recently, it was revealed that those who pre-order the game at GameStop will receive the revenge attribute from the start. In the latest Playstation Pulse, host Christina Lee describe what this special attribute does.

The revenge attribute in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is eerily similar to the martyrdom perk in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. You automatically drop a live grenade when you die in multiplayer. The grenade will then explode in about three seconds and k!ll any enemy nearby it.

Those who chose not to pre-order Uncharted 2: Among Thieves from GameStop will have to unlock the revenge attribute in the multiplayer mode. It would take a ton of work, however, since it is one of the last unlockables to obtain.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is coming out on October 13 exclusively for the Playstation 3.

08-14-2009, 12:21 AM         #42
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
In the multiplayer mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, players can equip different attributes that will enhance their combat abilities. Recently, it was revealed that those who pre-order the game at GameStop will receive the revenge attribute from the start. In the latest Playstation Pulse, host Christina Lee describe what this special attribute does.

The revenge attribute in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is eerily similar to the martyrdom perk in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. You automatically drop a live grenade when you die in multiplayer. The grenade will then explode in about three seconds and k!ll any enemy nearby it.

Those who chose not to pre-order Uncharted 2: Among Thieves from GameStop will have to unlock the revenge attribute in the multiplayer mode. It would take a ton of work, however, since it is one of the last unlockables to obtain.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is coming out on October 13 exclusively for the Playstation 3.

I hope that demo still goes live when the card says it does Id like to play this again see if its more polished.
 08-14-2009, 10:22 AM         #43
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1UP have been running a big Uncharted 2 special all week long, and as part of that have just uploaded this all-gameplay clip showing Nathan engaging in a spot of singleplayer gunplay. Oh, and Elena's in it, too, if that helps.

8 years ago '05        #44
Jutsu 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 0 0
 TriangleOffense said:

spoiler alert for the video, if you don't want to see something that has to do with the story (it looks like a big plot point), stop watching at 3:50.

I, unfortunately, did not. Can't wait for this game.
 8 years ago '04        #45
space
space

[pic - click to view]

08-14-2009, 01:44 PM         #46
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man if I was a graphics wh0ore i would be very happy with those improvements
 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM         #47
KenKutaragi_v2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[/QUOTE]
 8 years ago '05        #48
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,090 | Props total: 10779 10779
That's what makes this s**t look doper, their not even going for a photorealistic look and it still looks GREAT

Fall GOTY
 8 years ago '07        #49
iswerve 123 heat pts123
space
space
$4,669 | Props total: 7276 7276
nintendo Wii fail
 8 years ago '04        #50
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 P-Hill said:
That's what makes this s**t look doper, their not even going for a photorealistic look and it still looks GREAT

Fall GOTY
i was thinking the same s**t
 08-17-2009, 01:41 PM         #51
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how many people do you think are harrasing alienshogun
 8 years ago '04        #52
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
:agreement6::applause:

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #53
space
space
 +HydrO+ said:
:agreement6::applause:

Oh Mylanta that looks hot...Sept. 30th can't come quick enough
 08-18-2009, 10:13 PM         #54
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Oh Mylanta that looks hot...Sept. 30th can't come quick enough
??? they change the date
 8 years ago '04        #55
space
space
That's the date my source told me (my EA GUY and you know he's usually good)...so we'll see but that's what he heard
 08-18-2009, 10:26 PM         #56
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
That's the date my source told me (my EA GUY and you know he's usually good)...so we'll see but that's what he heard
wont hurt my feelings any a move up would end up with me buying it on day 1 as it stands right now Alpha Protocol comes out on the 6th then Fallout GOTY, Brutal Legend and Uncharted are all dated for the 13th which well Ill only be playing Alpha and Fallout if those dates stay true the rest will be on the backburner
 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM         #57
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will be about 40 percent puzzle-solving and 60 percent action, but developers Naughty Dog hope you don't notice that.

What they want you to notice instead is the pacing of this second entry in the franchise, that the action is more tense, the exploration more seamlessly integrated into the title and the puzzles more subtle.

"I think gamers are going to notice that it's going to be a little more action packed," said Naughty Dog spokesman Arne Myer. "There's a little more tension, a little more action behind everything (Nathan Drake) does."

Naughty Dog tried worked to create a game that is much bigger than the first title, one that has broader scope and a better sense of scale.

Meyer showed off a new level to press attending a behind closed doors meeting with them during this week's Gamescom in Cologne, Germany.

In it Drake has been sent to snowy mountains where he has to work with a Tibetan guide to find a hidden temple in an ice cave.

"We've been showing off a lot of action," Meyer said. "In this section we wanted to change it up a bit and show a bit of exploration and puzzles."

The scene opened in the mountains. The nearby Tibetan guide, wearing a widebrim hat, layers of colorful clothing, stands on the edge of a frozen precipice.

Drake shoots resting on the edge of a higher cliff near a chasm and uses the rope that falls out to swing across the gap. He free climbs up and around the mountain, higher and higher until he discovers stones carved out of the mountain side, following them into the entrance of a cave framed with ornately carved statues.

Outside snow falls, slightly obscuring the view. Drake's pants legs slowly get wet as he trudges through the snow, leaving light foot prints in his wake.

When he enters the mammoth caves the snow stops. The cave is lined with statues, ledges, mechanisms. Meyer spends the next dozen minutes or so using switches to open doors and shift carvings. The room-size puzzle involves a lot of scrambling between ledges, jumping from platform to platform and pulling switches.

Throughout the level Meyer controls the camera angles with one of the thumbsticks as he plays.

After completing the area, which leads Drake to a giant statue of what appears to be Kali, Meyer said that the puzzle is one of the largest pieces included in the game.

"It's pretty involved," he says. It looks it.

"We really tried to fit the length of the puzzle with the pacing of the story," he said.

While the game's campaign doesn't include any cooperative play for a second gamer, much of the game does have Drake working with one or more companions.

"We thought about whether we could have cooperative in the game," Meyer said. "But the game is really centered around Nathan and his personality. It didn't really make sense to do coop."

After the demo wrapped up I told Meyer that I was concerned that the game could shift too much of the focus of the gameplay on puzzle solving, making it essentially Tomb Raider. But Meyer said that is Naughty Dog's goal. What the developer hopes to do is create a more seamless experience that shifts between shooting, exploration and puzzle solving.
 08-21-2009, 12:58 PM         #58
88' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was hoping for that, good news.
 08-21-2009, 01:31 PM         #59
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will be the first Ps3 game i cop when i get my system
 08-21-2009, 01:49 PM         #60
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mcmasterlock said:
Will be the first Ps3 game i cop when i get my system
you should play through the first one before you play 2 just my opinion
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
66 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy