Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #181
Riley Freeman 
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 36 36
LMFAO !!!!:laughing9:
 10-10-2009, 06:09 PM         #182
rundat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i havent tried it yet but i see the twitter updates dont work.. yet.. is it becuz we got da game early and nothings up ?
 8 years ago '06        #183
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
 rundat said:
i havent tried it yet but i see the twitter updates dont work.. yet.. is it becuz we got da game early and nothings up ?
but the demo is up and mp is working w/ twitter updates
 10-10-2009, 06:39 PM         #184
_QD_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rundat said:

[pic - click to view]

---------

just a few more days for us regular folks :dancingcool:
 10-10-2009, 06:57 PM         #185
rundat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 servesurite said:
but the demo is up and mp is working w/ twitter updates
so then wdf !!!!
im tryna to do co op arena and its trying to find players for past 5 mins.. and damn twitter updates. did i set it up wrong or something? it said acct verified but i look on twitter and nada ..
 8 years ago '05        #186
DtownThugsta313 
space
space
$3,125 | Props total: 2 2
 rundat said:
so then wdf !!!!
im tryna to do co op arena and its trying to find players for past 5 mins.. and damn twitter updates. did i set it up wrong or something? it said acct verified but i look on twitter and nada ..
after u verify your account you have to go back into the settings and actually setup what u want it to post on twitter
 8 years ago '05        #187
Jutsu 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 0 0
Hey guys, this is an important update. Naughty Dog and Sony are giving 30 Limited edition Uncharted 2: Among Thieves copies everyday between today and the release. All you gotta do is login and play the multiplayer demo. Your psn id'll be entered randomly in their drawing.

It's true, the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter edition is priceless. Which means it has not yet been priced. But its price is free if you're one of 10 randomly selected winners today and tomorrow. Just play the Uncharted 2 demo.

PlayStation.Blog announced the contest yesterday. Here's the deal - you need to play the Uncharted 2 Online Multiplayer Demo between now and Monday at 11:59 p.m. U.S. Pacific time. The drawing will be done at random - it's not based on time spent gaming or any other stats. You're entered by joining any open match from the demo's online lobby. Sony's giving away 10 per day, so that's 30 in all. Winning PSN IDs will be notified by email between Oct. 15 and Oct. 30 posted on PlayStation.Blog on Oct. 19.

And what do they win, Don Pardo? Well the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter edition includes a replica of the Phurba Dagger, featured in the game, with a display stand; an art book and collector case autographed by developer Naughty Dog, "plus a host of downloads." Oh, and the game itself, too. We've heard it's pretty good
 8 years ago '09        #188
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,832 | Props total: 1052 1052
my hopes are up^ i shall win trust in the heart of the cards
 8 years ago '09        #189
space
space
some guy in my psn has it 2 he says he cant tell diff between cutscenes and gameplay
 8 years ago '06        #190
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
what is this im hearing.

i heard uncharted wont be on store shelves till the 14th, tuesday the 13th is the actual ship date, and not availability date
 10-11-2009, 01:48 AM         #191
88' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That won't happen. Gamestop is having a midnight release for it.
 8 years ago '04        #192
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
after all this time of playing this demo....i finally got into an RPG only match....wow, i think that's the most fun i've ever had in a multiplayer game...that s**t was just jokes all match long

great mode
 8 years ago '06        #193
Riley Freeman 
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 36 36
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:
some guy in my psn has it 2 he says he cant tell diff between cutscenes and gameplay
I Agree with that statement !!!
 10-11-2009, 09:34 AM         #194
rundat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:
that was me wezl ..

psn:killa180
 10-11-2009, 03:15 PM         #195
GR2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 _QD_ said:

[pic - click to view]

@ people getting this early....wait like the rest of us you selfish bastards.

My bad, i don't actually have the game, just a pic i got somewhere else

i think Europe gets it on the 16th...so yall the bastards
 8 years ago '09        #196
space
space
 rundat said:
that was me wezl ..

psn:killa180
lol i thought i knew u from a k!llzone match not boxden well have fun mayne
 8 years ago '05        #197
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
ima be playing this game online pretty nonstop when i buy it played the demo thought it was lethal...psn xInevitablex...but not every gamestop is doing midnight which i think is a joke that none of mine are but they midnight GAY s**t ALL the time.
 8 years ago '09        #198
space
space
Recent News

* There isn't any related news.

Related Guides

* No guides have been submitted.

Home Review PlayStation 3 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves The Adventure of a Lifetime
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
The Adventure of a Lifetime
Review
by Andrew Reiner on October 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

In Uncharted 2’s opening sequence, Naughty Dog wastes no time throwing treasure hunter Nathan Drake into harm’s way. Only this time, he isn’t the bulletproof protagonist we knew from the first adventure. Beaten, bloodied, and left for dead, he’s been humanized. The emotional timbre is engaging and powerful. Yet this opening sequence isn’t a movie to watch with bated breath. It’s gameplay, and you’re controlling Nathan in a nearly unconscious state.

The divide separating video games and motion pictures is expansive, but moments like this one bring them closer together. I’m not saying games should be movies, or vice versa, but exploring characters in different conditions, emotional or physical, can open the doors for more dynamic storytelling and gameplay in games. Uncharted 2 is testament to this idea.

Many of these gameplay moments bleed directly out of the story breaks. With the notable elimination of loading screens and no discernable difference between the cutscene and gameplay graphics, I often found myself tapping the analog stick during a conversation or action sequence just to make sure I wasn’t supposed to be playing. In some cases, I was supposed to be playing! Ditching load screens may seem like a trivial technical merit, but it greatly enhances the game’s pacing, flow, and overall cinematic impact.

Without skipping a beat, this adventure rolls like a boulder chasing Indiana Jones, picking up momentum and bouncing unpredictably every step of the way. Naughty Dog’s scribes penned a fascinating, tightly wound mystery centered on Marco Polo’s lost fleet. The set pieces accompanying this tale deliver the sense of miraculous discovery, and are instrumental in evolving both the characters and gameplay. Nathan, who is voiced brilliantly by gaming vet Nolan North, turns in one of the most believable performances I’ve seen from a game character. His emotions are fully established, and his comic timing is spot on, often bringing about big laughs in stressful situations.

Not once did I feel that the plot was altered to fit the gameplay. This was one of my big complaints with the first game; it just didn’t move naturally. In Uncharted 2, every aspect of the game is harmonized. The environments players traverse embody a higher level of realism, meaning you won’t see man-made barriers positioned strategically for a gunf!ght in a lush jungle. Small touches like these remove predictability from the equation.

Rather than following the traditional sequel process of adding more components to the action, Naughty Dog instead chose to iterate upon the original mechanics. The gunplay is most improved, now offering smooth targeting, weapons that kick, and credible targets that don’t fidget like they have full bladders. On top of this, diversity in the enemy types adds dimensions to battles. An armored trooper may send you to a vertical space to use heavy machinery, whereas a squadron of light troops may be best tackled through stealthy neck snaps. Moreover, the weapon selection is much more satisfying, and a.ssigning grenades to a specific button removes any chance of players tussling with the weapon selection wheel more than the enemies. The battles end up delivering a satisfying blend of pop-and-shoot and run-and-gun tactics. No longer did I find myself wishing they would be over so I could reach another cliff to climb.
Beyond the Adventure

Uncharted 2’s quest is worth the price of admission alone, but it’s only one small slice of content provided on the disc. Players can also dive into fully featured competitive and co-op modes. Competitive multiplayer supports up to 10 players, and offers a wide selection of satisfying match types. Like Call of Duty 4, player performances bring an array of rewards, such as perks (of which you can carry two into a match), ranks, and cash to exchange for new skins and gear. The solid gunplay from single-player transitions well into the multiplayer field. Grenade play is particularly impressive, and the maps embrace vertical gunplay. Pre-match loading is a bit extensive, but the action more than makes up for the wait.

If you don’t enjoy shooting your friends, Uncharted 2 offers a deep and rewarding cooperative experience for up to three players. In addition to three standard co-op modes (which Naughty Dog has fleshed out with unique character banter and animations), teamwork skills are put to the test in the addictive Gold Rush and Survival modes. Cash earned can be used in the store for co-op only weapon upgrades.

If you are vain enough to watch how much a.ss you kick, Naughty Dog rounds out the multiplayer experience with a cinema mode.

Platforming is Naughty Dog’s unquestioned strength, and Uncharted 2’s doesn’t disappoint. Nathan’s moveset remains largely unchanged, but Naughty Dog found ways to intensify the art of leaping. On one hand, the levels are better designed for vertical exploration; it’s not like Tomb Raider where you have to piece together the path. The platforming is still as linear as can be, but the challenges are now larger in scope, and often accompanied by some kind of unforeseen dilemma – be it falling ledges, moving gears, or dangerous explosions. The platforming and gunplay are seamlessly united, often overlapping when you least expect.

Nathan never jumps upon a jet ski, but several vehicles are used throughout the game. Trucks create one of the game’s most memorable gunf!ghts, and a train becomes the centerpiece to one of the most exciting levels I’ve seen in an action game.

Naughty Dog’s mastery over the PlayStation 3 hardware is evidenced most in Uncharted 2’s visuals. A staggering level of realism is attained in both the characters and worlds. I couldn’t find a texture with a blemish or an animation that looked goofy. I often found myself marveling at the smallest of details, like the way light bounces off rocks or how flags blow in the wind. With the action moving at a fevered pitch, it’s hard to soak in all the details, but they are there, even in the far corners most people will likely never venture into.

Uncharted 2 is a masterstroke of game creation. This is the k!ller app PlayStation 3 owners have been waiting for, and I’d even be saying this without the outstanding competitive and co-op multiplayer (see sidebar). Given the complexity of the character relationships, I urge players to play the original game before venturing into the sequel. Some of the jokes and references fall flat if you don’t have the knowledge of Nathan’s previous exploits.

Uncharted 2 is a ringing testament to the power of both games and storytelling. It pulls you in, keeps you engaged, and concludes with a thunderous bang.
Previous12Next
Filed under: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Review, PlayStation 3, Action
Second Opinion:
by Matt Helgeson

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a stunning, gorgeous adventure that will likely stand as the defining game of the PlayStation 3. Nearly every flaw of the original game has been corrected. The spotty gunplay is polished to a military shine, with accurate and smooth targeting. Platforming is more fluid, but at the same time more challenging due to the more complex level designs. But the real impact of this game comes from the story and characters. The gripping plot, snappy dialogue, and fantastic voice acting serve to create the most cinematic experience in gaming history. It’s like playing a brilliant summer action movie, right down to the most memorable explosive set pieces you may ever see. I was also pleasantly surprised by the excellent multiplayer, which offers unique spins on both co-op and competitive online play. From beginning to end, Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece, and a new standard in the action genre.

User Reviews:

GameInformer © Copyright 2009 Game Informer Magazine
 8 years ago '09        #199
space
space
both reviewers gave it 10/10 ..
 8 years ago '06        #200
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Ok, I've been playing it for about 3 hours now. Hands down best graphics to date on any console. Thats a bold statement considering how gorgeous MGS4 looked....

I'm on chapter 5, and gotta say they REALLY stepped it up this time around, in literally every aspect a video game could. I don't wanna sound like i'm overhyping the game, but it is what it is from the exact moment you start your campaign. Yes, its one of those, this game is epic.

For those who loved the first one, you will be blown away with what they've done this time around. Based upon how this story unfolds, with everything Naughty Dog's done this might be the all-around most well put together video game i've ever played.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
196 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy