Best Sub + Amp Combos

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1
6850 pageviews
17 comments

killnarmy 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 2214 2214
Best Sub + Amp Combos

I'm looking for a sub + amp combo for around $500 to install in my Maxima. Needs to be deep clean bass that hits hard enough to feel in the front seat. I'm thinking about working it around this Enclosure

[pic - click to view]

http://www.bestbuy.com/si .. =1218004379758

Thinking about a 10" sub and 500rms or 750rms amp

Some brands I have considered

Subs

JL audio
Orion
Boston Acoustics

Amp
Kicker
Hifonics
Rockford fosgate

Ive used

MTX amps and subs was not impressed with either because I blew out the subs and the amp had over heating issues so it would shut off and on

Orion subs, I had two 8's behind the seat of a truck with a Kenwood amp (that also over heated) and the bass was clean but did'nt knock hard enough

Kicker amp and Sub, 10cvr 400.1 behind my seat, hits pretty good but bass not as clean. I loved my kicker amp because it never overheated on me like the MTX and Kenwood.

17 comments for "Best Sub + Amp Combos"

9 years ago '04        #2
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,225 | Props total: 2222 2222
FI, RE, Sundown...look into those companies...there are others but with a budget around there those can get you some pretty decent equipment...
 9 years ago '04        #3
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,955 | Props total: 5739 5739
that box is garbage. with that budget i'd go with this...

9 years ago '05        #4
igotjshoe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 36 36
im using punch 800 with no fuse (old skool) on 3 J L W 0's if you can get yoy hands on a old punch grab quick homie!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #5
killnarmy 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
 JayR04 said:

Yeah the reason I wanted to go with that box is because I can get it for a pretty good price, plus it wont take up so much space. Thats a nice set up that you recommended though, never heard any RE in action, how would you compare it to JL or BA? Deep clean bass or Loud heavy?

I also forget to mention that I needed a capacitor too. Props for all the input guys.
 9 years ago '04        #6
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
 killnarmy said:
Yeah the reason I wanted to go with that box is because I can get it for a pretty good price, plus it wont take up so much space. Thats a nice set up that you recommended though, never heard any RE in action, how would you compare it to JL or BA? Deep clean bass or Loud heavy?

I also forget to mention that I needed a capacitor too. Props for all the input guys.
it mostly depends on the box...you should build your own box or see if someone can build you one for cheap...you could have $10000 subs and $10000 amps and have the subs in a s**tty box and it will sound like s**t...

But if you match up Re's line up with JL's line up, you get the same results at a better price...FI even more so...

If your system is under 1000rms you might be able to get away with a cap but i would suggest a little battery instead....a sealed deep cycle one....
 9 years ago '04        #7
space
space
Another thing that I'm worried about is if I run the hi's and mid's from the deck, the bass will be too loud to hear anything else. I don't know if I would want to spend more cash on components and another amp (unless I go multi channel).
 9 years ago '04        #8
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
 killnarmy said:
Another thing that I'm worried about is if I run the hi's and mid's from the deck, the bass will be too loud to hear anything else. I don't know if I would want to spend more cash on components and another amp (unless I go multi channel).
You're going to want to amp your highs and mids....Even the best decks only put out, at the best, around 10 wrms...you gonna want at least a little 50x2 amp for the highs and mids...
 9 years ago '04        #9
space
space
I was planning on doing most of the installation myself, most of it is already pre wired for only one amp with one RCA. It's gonna be a pain to run another RCA from the deck to the trunk, plus extra speaker wire from the doors as well. I'm gonna have to see how every thing sounds first before adding more.
 06-10-2009, 01:17 PM         #10
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'd follow jayro's suggestion but have a box custom made. you can get custom for around the same price and the one you listed if you shop around and check different shops
one
GhosT
 9 years ago '04        #11
space
space
Yeah, that looks like a nice setup, but I'm leaning towards a 10" version of that sub. Or a Alpine type R just to save a few bucks.
 9 years ago '05        #12
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,842 | Props total: 144 144
 GhosT said:
i'd follow jayro's suggestion but have a box custom made. you can get custom for around the same price and the one you listed if you shop around and check different shops
one
GhosT

OH s**t!!!!!! AM I SEEIN THINGS?!?!?!?!?!?! IS THIS GHOST? NO IT CANT BE! WOW!!!! WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN?:greetings10::greetings10:
 06-11-2009, 12:41 AM         #13
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killnarmy said:
Yeah, that looks like a nice setup, but I'm leaning towards a 10" version of that sub. Or a Alpine type R just to save a few bucks.
can't go wrong with a type r if your on a budget. i've got 2 and i don't complain. i complain now that on 1 is working but oh well. my amp will be replaced in a day or 2
one
GhosT
 9 years ago '04        #14
space
space
Just ordered these two bad boys, havent heard either of them in action yet though. I'm gonna take yall word for it.

9 years ago '04        #15
rickc18 
space
space
$139 | Props total: 1 1
Go with a custom box.
 8 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 rickc18 said:
Go with a custom box.
You know where I can get one for cheap?
 8 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 JayR04 said:

Thanks for the recommendations, I ordered the 10" version of RE SE, it just arrived today and that sub is something serious. Can't prop yall enough for the help. I see why you say that Bassworx box is garbage, I didn't know that the port needed to be precisely tuned. Now which enclosure should I get with this sub? Thanks again.

Last edited by killnarmy; 06-20-2009 at 08:44 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #18
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,566 | Props total: 18077 18077
Kicker sub with alpine or kicker amp
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago