Jun 2 - DRAKE is thinkin' on doing a album w/ NO label & Kanye West as Exe. Producer

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #41
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,941 | Props total: 10835 10835
 Blockburner28 said:
lol he all over the radio down here in new orleans
You ain't lying about that.
 06-06-2009, 12:46 AM         #42
Pastor_arose 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how is this dude able to make any kind of moves he aint even a rapper yet just a little kid show actor from Degrassi that probably has major goup from the show to buy beats
 9 years ago '04        #43
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
Ya'll are crazy stupid if you think dude buzz is that big. And the only reason he's considering doing this is because labels ain't throwing him the kind of money he wants.
wtf????? go here please.... and here

then come back and tell me that s**t..... lol f**k outta here... i have accepted the fact that no matter how good an artist is these days cats will always find something wrong with them or find any little reason to s**t on or down play out of spite or hate.... another fine example of why hip hop is in the sorry a.ss state that it's in.....
 06-07-2009, 11:41 PM         #44
UFAmana 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WELL why doesnt that numnuts make a album then. cuz i think hes a good rapper or hip hop artist whateva he is
 06-08-2009, 03:27 AM         #45
g.o.a.t91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will likely be the only album I buy in 2009.
 9 years ago '06        #46
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
 DJWho said:
He has a Mixtape song on the radio, Who has did that?
where the fukk u been the past couple of years?
 06-08-2009, 09:19 AM         #47
dex1can 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he'd definitely sell less, but his buzz is huge...people got on teh billboard charts selling a bootleg compilation of his mixtape songs as an album without his permission or promotion

Buzz is huge, and if he sold 400k on his own he'd make 5 times more than going platinum on a label
 9 years ago '06        #48
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,231 | Props total: 345 345
I know one thing. Astor Roth, Wale, Kid Cudi and every other garbage person on that XXL magazine is hurting now. They not getting any shows. Wale is nice. Every other dude on that magazine is well on they way to suicide. They was all suppose to be popping now and they not even getting radio play. Astor flopped, Wale hasnt dropped. Cudi buzz is dead and everybody else is not doing s**t. Drake has become the recession to up and comer rappers for 2009-2010. He either will sign to a label or release it independent. He said he has turned down deals worth 2 million dollars so its def not about the money. He just doesnt want this album to be about politics. Being on tv has really helped him too because you never know what he will do next. Its like he acting behind all of this. I know one thing though. He will do over 500,000 his first week. If he has 3 million downloads of So Far Gone, he will do over 500,000 his first week. Half of those people will buy his album. People stayed up all night waiting on that mixtape, u mean to tell me they wouldnt pay 10 dollars to get it when it come out. yall crazy, he's pretty much won, just has to complete the album
 9 years ago '08        #49
daffy_1 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,714 | Props total: 70 70
word drake is one of the bigges up n coming artists...
 9 years ago '05        #50
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,727 | Props total: 1874 1874
he is all over DC radio
 9 years ago '09        #51
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
 Blockburner28 said:
It can work.
:cool-smiley-009: ^^True dat...

Drake got it....He can sell pretty good independently with the buzz thats happenin to him now....Real Talk!!
 9 years ago '07        #52
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 [MK] said:
lol albums only sell for lik 9.99 now, and if every1 got 7-8 a CD every1 would go indie!!!!!!!!!1

i would like to think he will succede this way bcuz hes dope imo but the chips r stacked against him. economy, and that no1 buys cd's anyway will really hurt him.

People dont do s**t for free, wayne does all those features because he gets paid for every 1, wayne probly gets a ton of loot 4 16 bars.

name an indie label big enough yet small enough for this to happen, priority? koch?
hell yeah. and just think, n*ggas used to spend their weed money (20 $) on a f**king cd back in the day.

i was at best buy yesterday, and the whole new releases rack was like 9.99 and lower.
 9 years ago '04        #53
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,181 | Props total: 1068 1068
 jumpman2304 said:
i dont think his name out there enough yet
you must be under a rock...

this is not far-fetched at all... independent situations are always better than major deal situations imo anyway...

and for all those who say he won't do big numbers on his own are in denial...

yea, CD's are 9.99 each nowadays and ppl pirate albums all the time, but you gotta factor in Itunes sales, the Jay/Wayne co-signs, his former Degrassi fans, his south buzz right now, he's even been said to be carrying T.Dot on his back...

not to mention he's been featured on Perez Hilton, whose like the internet Oprah, and that dude gets over 2 million hits a day on his site, ppl take his site as gospel, prime example is Lady Gaga, whose everywhere now... so now that's at least 200k more ppl interested in finding out who Drake is...

don't sleep, he'll definitely do good numbers venturing out on his own, and now's a good a time as any...

Last edited by Big War; 06-09-2009 at 02:39 PM..
 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM         #54
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jumpman2304 said:
i dont think his name out there enough yet
You're right. Gucci Maine's buzz is bigger than Drake's buzz. No-one is listening to Drake in the hood (especially the guys), only teenage girls who spend their time on myspace all day.
 06-09-2009, 06:04 PM         #55
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nobody said:
drake aka lil wayne ghost writer is big in atlanta at least.

His songs on all the major hip hop/rnb label.
Yeah I kno for a fact from Virginia down to Florida over to Texas he gets some major play on the radio both songs, no album and no label which is crazy. I don't even listen to the radio, but I've got friends all over the country and international talkin bout his songs. For some reason ppl think the only way u get on the radio is payola or a record label. If enough ppl request your song, they're gonna play it, period.

Get it Right said:
You're right. Gucci Maine's buzz is bigger than Drake's buzz. No-one is listening to Drake in the hood (especially the guys), only teenage girls who spend their time on myspace all day.
What? 1st of all Drake's buzz is bigger than Gucci's. And those teenage girls who spend their time on myspace all day are the ones who buy records, I don't know anyone in the hood, that outright buys records. In the place where I used to live record stores are closing down b/c ppl are bootlegging so much.

Last edited by billieskeet; 06-09-2009 at 06:10 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #56
CDotHenry 
space
space
$938 | Props total: 0 0
First off ... I rarely purchase CD's.

The last one I copped was the MF DOOM - Born Like this, but before that the last album I actually went to the store and spent my hard earned money on was Graduation.

With that said ... Label or no label ... I'll be in the store to cop Thank Me Later.

p.s. I live in Ohio and he's on the radio minimum twice an hour here.
 8 years ago '06        #57
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Yeah Drake is not hot like that yet. He needs to wait and keep droppin those Mixtapes. But if he doe's do it he will be the first.
 8 years ago '04        #58
supremeskillz 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$392 | Props total: 136 136
Drake is dope...... but come on now Buddens didn't even do it big with all his recent hype. It would sell as much as a mixtape, plus most people would download it.
So he betta get a deal.
 06-16-2009, 07:15 AM         #59
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 supremeskillz said:
Drake is dope...... but come on now Buddens didn't even do it big with all his recent hype. It would sell as much as a mixtape, plus most people would download it.
So he betta get a deal.
at you thinking budden had "hype" I'm a fan, but seriously no-one knew about that off the internet.
 8 years ago '04        #60
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
if this is the n*gga that made the best i can be or whatever that track is he is a.ss
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago