Jun 2 - DRAKE is thinkin' on doing a album w/ NO label & Kanye West as Exe. Producer

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #21
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,025 | Props total: 3311 3311
 jumpman2304 said:
i dont think his name out there enough yet
Agreed...He needs to take over the underground and mainstream at the same time to do something like that. His buzz aint that big.
 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM         #22
don designz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJWho said:
He has a Mixtape song on the radio, Who has did that?
erm Cudi
 06-02-2009, 06:06 PM         #23
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk about the 7 dollars an album thing but it would make sense seeing that koch only distributes albums and promotions and otherwise comes out ur own wallet, so that 7 looking more like a 1 if u dont at least break even what u already spent
 9 years ago '04        #24
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
there isnt a chance in hell drake ever does 300+ in a week, im sorry..
 06-02-2009, 07:41 PM         #25
BreatheEasyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake is an internet sensation.
i dont think he has a lot of hype in the mainstream though.
i feel the demographic that buys albums dont know much about drake.
so if he dropped an album with his internet fame it would only get downloaded illegally id be surprised if he broke 150k in a week.
 9 years ago '06        #26
DatVABoy 
space
space
$1,134 | Props total: 45 45
I think he should do it but he will eventually need a label in order to expand his brand
 9 years ago '05        #27
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 471 471
 DatVABoy said:
I think he should do it but he will eventually need a label in order to expand his brand
besides ppl tellin dude.. u trippin if u think his buzz aint big... & a few other ppl...^^ this quote is the smartest thing in the thread....

Eventually he will need a label.... But right now dude is on radio wit no album.....
he is every b***h fav rapper/singer.... he about to take advantage of his situation.....

i dont understand the hate for drake.... its so easy for ppl embrace other rappers....
espicially " wit they so called street cred " but its easy to disclaim drake cuz hes doin him....

i said this s**t b4... no hes not the best in the world/lyricist/or best emcee to touch a mic.
but sayin he is a.ss or wack is stupidity.... and like ol boy said above me.... dude proly could get 100,000 in da south... when south ppl are listenin to wat u are doin.... u are on to summin.... trust me when i say that.... everybody in drakes range who do the type of songs he do.. dont get that pass....
 9 years ago '04        #28
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,119 | Props total: 4418 4418
drake sed his buzz so big he could prolly sell a blank disk.

i mean dude on mad industry records w/no album out.
 9 years ago '05        #29
CallmeJR 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,094 | Props total: 781 781
I think he should go for it. I would cop it just off of that reason there plus he make some good music. I don't think his buzz should be this crazy right now but hey, Do Ya Thang Drizzy.
 9 years ago '08        #30
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
He will definately do the damn thing, more dudes need to do this

f**k MAJOR LABELS!
 06-02-2009, 10:40 PM         #31
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake will sell more with a label than without a label. Drake shouldn't play himself and think he could pull all this off solo. Hip Hop and all of these cameos are what's really pulling this off. Hip Hop Since 1978 are making every Drake show an event and they're the ones methodically creating this buzz, having him seen with Rhianna, having him get on the radio, ringtones, internet soldiers, Kanye poppin up backstage, features with Jay, etc etc.

It's all Hip Hop. This blog entry? Hip Hop. He's trying to close a deal and he wants majors to know he isn't f**king around and very well could be successful without a major. I don't think they want to do this without a major because I think Drake would benefit from the kind of exposure Asher Roth or somebody less talented (sorry Asher fans) is getting. He could be a major star and settling on a contract with Koch where you're shooting videos on the cheap could be bad for you in the long term.

I tend to think Hip Hop is waiting for the Roc Nation label deal with Sony to get moving, but the longer they wait, the less of Drake's buzz they'll have to work off of. I hope Drake is the next big thing.
 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM         #32
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jumpman2304 said:
i dont think his name out there enough yet
surprisingly it is..i live in pittsburgh and its known for being a d**kriding city and i hear his name on the regular now..i knew about him for months and never mentioned him to anyone just because i knew no one would know him and all of a sudden he's getting brought up to me...he might be able to pull something off...get that k!ll buzz for the major debut..
 9 years ago '06        #33
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 345 345
This is prolly what he will have to do. I think he wants to do more then just music. With being popular in canada and having a TV show in the past, he really could make alot of moves outside of music. He'll always have his Degrassi royalities and he will always be able to get back into acting. I think he wants to operate by himself without a label cuz he knows they try to screw you. As far as him releasing an album indie, he already just kinda did, he didnt just sell it. So far gone was so crazy, people didnt realize how big it was that first week. 300 plus downloads, not counting other links throughout the web. he could have sold atleast 200k the first week just off that release had it been a real cd. His buzz is crazy and his shows is packed. i been to two of them and its crazy how he controls the crowd. The only thing he has to figure out is how can he stay hot and work on this cd before his buzz comes out. He has the marketing to promote it himself and he also has the team behind him. Octobers Very Own has done a good job over the last year. I think he knows he will sell alot of records, he is just tryin to figure out how can he do it. As long as he has Boi1da and 40 on his team production wise he will suceed. they know how to make records for him that keeps up with his talent. They make tracks he can sing and rap on and they know where his mind is. I think kanye can help him out but i feel as if drake doesnt know how good he is. sometimes i feel like he questions his artist ability. thats with doing interviews, shows and etc. i feel he always holds a lil back. i dont mind him doing tracks with trey songz and lil wayne. thats expected, but i honestly dont think he needs kanye. All kanye really cares about is his artist and i doubt he bout to executive produce someone he just met album. i feel the same way about wayne. Wayne is close to drake but he not about to put time away from his career to help him with a debut. i can see him giving drake a verse but thats all. at the end of the day there is 15-20 artist underground that will be big in the next 2-3 years looking to sign with a cash money, young money, interscope, atlantic or a trill ent or a rocfella or roc nation or any label that is out. If u dont have contracts on a artist, he not gon pay u. its all about money. Drake will figure out what he needs to do as soon as he makes this cd. i dont mind waiting til december for the project. i just think he really doesnt need all the people he mentioning. I rather him do a no feature album. keep it family trey songz, lil wayne and maybe a artist with buzz in canada. after that u do your 3 verses, sing, sing your hooks and write your own songs.
 9 years ago '04        #34
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
 Blockburner28 said:
lol he all over the radio down here in new orleans
real talk... i don't even play the radio and i heard him twice on Q93 on the way to Best Buy, I was like whaaaaattt???- that's MUTHAF*CKIN' DRIZZY!!!
 9 years ago '05        #35
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 471 471
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
Drake will sell more with a label than without a label. Drake shouldn't play himself and think he could pull all this off solo. Hip Hop and all of these cameos are what's really pulling this off. Hip Hop Since 1978 are making every Drake show an event and they're the ones methodically creating this buzz, having him seen with Rhianna, having him get on the radio, ringtones, internet soldiers, Kanye poppin up backstage, features with Jay, etc etc.

It's all Hip Hop. This blog entry? Hip Hop. He's trying to close a deal and he wants majors to know he isn't f**king around and very well could be successful without a major. I don't think they want to do this without a major because I think Drake would benefit from the kind of exposure Asher Roth or somebody less talented (sorry Asher fans) is getting. He could be a major star and settling on a contract with Koch where you're shooting videos on the cheap could be bad for you in the long term.

I tend to think Hip Hop is waiting for the Roc Nation label deal with Sony to get moving, but the longer they wait, the less of Drake's buzz they'll have to work off of. I hope Drake is the next big thing.
yea he prolly would sell more on a label....
but u said it best... he showin them he aint f**kin around....

usually a unknown artist gets hot (drake is kinda in da same position)
and everybody tries to see wats good wit him... and he may have a hit record out....
or the artist jus comes out the blue wit a nice song and benefits from it....

but in drakes case sorta say.... its akwardly different....
the 1st time i heard replacement girl... i wa slike that joint str-8....
i didnt know who he was and he was kinda tuned out... untill i heard summin else...
then i did a lil research and i was like ok he coo... different in a way but cool....

long story short... he put his self in a position that is undeniable....
and then he ran wit it.... and its doin him good cause he is gettin the big names behind him..
its good ppl backstage is showin up and he workin wit artist unsigned....
cuz that jus means they tuned in as well....

i guess its safe to say.... he blew up wit out blowin up.....

Poloboy69 said:
I rather him do a no feature album. keep it family trey songz, lil wayne and maybe a artist with buzz in canada. after that u do your 3 verses, sing, sing your hooks and write your own songs.
thats exactly wat needs to happen....
drake dont need a cd full of features.... that would be his downfall but ups as well...
 9 years ago '04        #36
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,270 | Props total: 1037 1037
drake aka lil wayne ghost writer is big in atlanta at least.

His songs on all the major hip hop/rnb label.
 9 years ago '04        #37
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
Drake has a buzz all over the nation, it might be stronger in some places than it is in others, but he can drop Thank Me Later next week and go gold by the end of the summer easy.
 9 years ago '04        #38
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,110 | Props total: 1150 1150
he's good for 70-100k first week cuz MADD b***hes is checkin for him! and there gonna buy his album.
 06-03-2009, 07:46 AM         #39
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do people say his buzz is only online, when he is selling out shows in 2 hours? He just went on a big tour just off his mixtape. He is getting major radio play. Dude can easily sell 250k first week, and I saw a interview where he says that is his goal for first week sales.
 9 years ago '08        #40
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,033 | Props total: 4860 4860
I'm a Drake fan I think he could do 150k first week, but that album has to be out before the end of July. And Kanye can't be trying to d**k him with the distributions and marketing budget. So, they may have to find some private investors or something.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy