Jun 2 - DRAKE is thinkin' on doing a album w/ NO label & Kanye West as Exe. Producer

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
6698 pageviews
76 comments

kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 749 749
Jun 2 - DRAKE is thinkin' on doing a album w/ NO label & Kanye West as Exe. Producer

[pic - click to view]

http://vimeo.com/4956856

octobersveryown.blogspot

I was tellin' this to a few people a couple weeks back that this dude should drop a album with no labels and sell big... just to f**k these industry heads up!! The thing is... his buzz is sooooo big that he can actually do it with no problems.

He said he got a joint with Jay-Z. He admits to "f**king around" with Rhianna as well.

76 comments for "Jun 2 - DRAKE is thinkin' on doing a album w/ NO label & Kanye West as Exe. Producer"

9 years ago '06        #2
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,343 | Props total: 1419 1419
It can work.
 9 years ago '04        #3
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,390 | Props total: 3853 3853
i dont think his name out there enough yet
 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM         #4
TXChainsaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol dude got money to do it, and he got buzz. I dont see it happening, but i wont be surprised if its a success.

That said, Drake's lame as hell to me
 9 years ago '06        #5
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,897 | Props total: 25688 25688
 jumpman2304 said:
you crazy
 9 years ago '06        #6
space
space
platinum in a week nah i don't think would happen... good opening week with 400+k a can see that cuz like i said drake buzz is extremely big right now
 9 years ago '07        #7
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
He better do it soon because his buzz will die off quick. I think Cudi is about to lose out on his window of opprotunity.

But how will he pay for videos, promotion, guest apperances on the album, and the big expense of Kanye doin all his production?

Doing shows that are free or $20 tickets isnt going to give him enough loot for all those expenses. Plus people dont buy music anymore. Have Kanye financially back him? Then Kanye would probably want rights to the stuff and other crap.

It will either be a big success or a major league badddd decision.

Goodluck Wheelchair Jimmy
 9 years ago '04        #8
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 jumpman2304 said:
u buggin
 9 years ago '08        #9
demha88 3 heat pts
space
space
$682 | Props total: 48 48
buzz so big i could prolly sell a blank disc
 9 years ago '06        #10
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
Ya'll are crazy stupid if you think dude buzz is that big. And the only reason he's considering doing this is because labels ain't throwing him the kind of money he wants.
 9 years ago '06        #11
space
space
 Nugen2384 said:
Ya'll are crazy stupid if you think dude buzz is that big. And the only reason he's considering doing this is because labels ain't throwing him the kind of money he wants.
yeah sean kingston is on koch and went gold easily had a opening week of 85k and a steady 50k till gold (riaa certified) drake buzz is mad huge n*gga got his mixtape songs on radio daily he would have a huge opening week around 400k+ and might have more
 06-02-2009, 02:51 PM         #12
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jumpman2304 said:
you serious? his name is out there , and it will continue to grow throughout the summer

when young money drops their offical video on tv, and he releases the best I ever had video, also going on tour with jayz, jeezy, and wayne
 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM         #13
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 [MK] said:
He better do it soon because his buzz will die off quick. I think Cudi is about to lose out on his window of opprotunity.

But how will he pay for videos, promotion, guest apperances on the album, and the big expense of Kanye doin all his production?

Doing shows that are free or $20 tickets isnt going to give him enough loot for all those expenses. Plus people dont buy music anymore. Have Kanye financially back him? Then Kanye would probably want rights to the stuff and other crap.

It will either be a big success or a major league badddd decision.

Goodluck Wheelchair Jimmy
first hes going to get his close friends as producers boi-1da and 40 and i think d-10 so that won't be a problem for expenses. For his features for the album, he will probably have lil wayne, jayz kanye west, maybe trey songs. Wayne will do it for free, and maybe even jayz since hes going on tour with him, also trey songz. Or he will pay them back later. He has a great managment team that know how to market him. He already has a big a.ss buzz. If he does this it means he has full creative control of his album, doesn't have to go through all of the politics. He also gets to recuperate all of the money back since hes making wut? 7-8 dollars a album. I can easily see him selling 250k-300k on a indie label first week.
 9 years ago '07        #14
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
whenever i hear n*ggas braggin about bein indie makin 7-8 dollars an album i just

remember what fif said. "yall dont think I'd go get that 8 dollars??!"

just seems like such bulls**t.
 9 years ago '07        #15
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
 kingz21 said:
first hes going to get his close friends as producers boi-1da and 40 and i think d-10 so that won't be a problem for expenses. For his features for the album, he will probably have lil wayne, jayz kanye west, maybe trey songs. Wayne will do it for free, and maybe even jayz since hes going on tour with him, also trey songz. Or he will pay them back later. He has a great managment team that know how to market him. He already has a big a.ss buzz. If he does this it means he has full creative control of his album, doesn't have to go through all of the politics. He also gets to recuperate all of the money back since hes making wut? 7-8 dollars a album. I can easily see him selling 250k-300k on a indie label first week.
lol albums only sell for lik 9.99 now, and if every1 got 7-8 a CD every1 would go indie!!!!!!!!!1

i would like to think he will succede this way bcuz hes dope imo but the chips r stacked against him. economy, and that no1 buys cd's anyway will really hurt him.

People dont do s**t for free, wayne does all those features because he gets paid for every 1, wayne probly gets a ton of loot 4 16 bars.

name an indie label big enough yet small enough for this to happen, priority? koch?
 06-02-2009, 03:58 PM         #16
Tek-Delorean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he needs a label in order to get his s**t played on major radio
you think radio stations promote artists for free?
you think people actually call up the radio to hear those same 5 songs every day over and over?
 9 years ago '06        #17
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,343 | Props total: 1419 1419
 Tek-Delorean said:
he needs a label in order to get his s**t played on major radio
you think radio stations promote artists for free?
you think people actually call up the radio to hear those same 5 songs every day over and over?
lol he all over the radio down here in new orleans
 9 years ago '05        #18
Demboyz746 
space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 103 103
sean kingston on koch..
 9 years ago '04        #19
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
He has a Mixtape song on the radio, Who has did that?
 06-02-2009, 05:35 PM         #20
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled it off. Haven't listened to the radio in ages, had it on the other day at a cookout........this n*gga was all over it. Best I Ever Had and that other track with Wayne.......damn near twice an hour every hour. Then on top of that damn near every time I heard a phone go off it was one of this n*ggaz songs for the ringtone.

"My name is Drizzy......"

"Best I Ever Had......."

"We like her tooooo....."

Dude is nice but I almost lost my f**kin mind hearing him that much, I'm tellin people, n*gga is on track to be the next big hip hop star. Like him or not. He's gotten his name attached to everything. Jay/Dre/Wayne/Rhianna......
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy