Biggie Was Overrated

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #61
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
The fact that anybody would take the time to make a thread about B.I.G should tell you how great he was. You gotta look at the facts that surrounded B.I.G's career.

1. He brought the East Coast Back - Nobody was really head over hills when before B.I.G came in and made every respect what was coming outta NY and the East. YEah we had Wutang, Bootcamp, Nas, Mobb Deep, Busta and a gang of others. But alot of people wasn't really f**kin wit them like that.

2. Most of your favorite MC's nowadays pay homage to B.I.G because of the legend he was. He changed the way n*ggas flowed, flipped their word play, and nobody...I REPEAT nobody told stories like he did. How graphic and well put together he did it. Yes Slick Rick is still great but lyrically and flow wise he wasn't seeing B.I.G on that tip.

3. And like a few others said already, his life was cut short way too early. But just imagine the impact he had on a city when everybody was sounding the same. He changed the sound of NYC music forever. He talked about EVERYTHING your dopest rapper is talking about now. And they ALL acknowledge B.I.G as one of the greatest. So to say he's overrated, back in the early 90's, you might have goten shot for that comment.

JMO. I respect your opinion though, but if you weren't into Hip Hop strong back in them days and understood how B.I.G put a whole coast on his back then you wouldn't understand his impact. Thats why I feel B.I.G is the greatest.
 8 years ago '04        #62
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
Pac was dope as f**k because he was real grimey and gutter and at the same time positive

biggie was just to f**kin grimey, too grimey to say he was the best, thats not what hip hop is about

like i love pun, but im not gona say he was the king of hip hop, still one of my fav mc's

its about the message.

gangsta rap doesnt mean s**t, real hip hop is real if you know what im saying.

how about Nas, Rakim? get at me.
 8 years ago '09        #63
markee 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 113 113
 projectnovelis said:
THIS IS NOT HATE...I REPEAT...THIS IS NOT HATE
Good luck convincing people that.
 8 years ago '06        #64
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 ImamThug187 said:
Pac was dope as f**k because he was real grimey and gutter and at the same time positive

biggie was just to f**kin grimey, too grimey to say he was the best, thats not what hip hop is about

like i love pun, but im not gona say he was the king of hip hop, still one of my fav mc's

its about the message.

gangsta rap doesnt mean s**t, real hip hop is real if you know what im saying.

how about Nas, Rakim? get at me.

So what your telling me is B.I.G was more Gangsta Rap than Pac? WOW
 06-16-2009, 11:17 AM         #65
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crown Loyal said:
The fact that anybody would take the time to make a thread about B.I.G should tell you how great he was. You gotta look at the facts that surrounded B.I.G's career.

1. He brought the East Coast Back - Nobody was really head over hills when before B.I.G came in and made every respect what was coming outta NY and the East. YEah we had Wutang, Bootcamp, Nas, Mobb Deep, Busta and a gang of others. But alot of people wasn't really f**kin wit them like that.

2. Most of your favorite MC's nowadays pay homage to B.I.G because of the legend he was. He changed the way n*ggas flowed, flipped their word play, and nobody...I REPEAT nobody told stories like he did. How graphic and well put together he did it. Yes Slick Rick is still great but lyrically and flow wise he wasn't seeing B.I.G on that tip.

3. And like a few others said already, his life was cut short way too early. But just imagine the impact he had on a city when everybody was sounding the same. He changed the sound of NYC music forever. He talked about EVERYTHING your dopest rapper is talking about now. And they ALL acknowledge B.I.G as one of the greatest. So to say he's overrated, back in the early 90's, you might have goten shot for that comment.

JMO. I respect your opinion though, but if you weren't into Hip Hop strong back in them days and understood how B.I.G put a whole coast on his back then you wouldn't understand his impact. Thats why I feel B.I.G is the greatest.
not true. what about all the threads that have been made about drake in the last few months? does that make him great? f**ked up thing is i do think he's great. point of the thread is that he is not the goat IMO.

1, 2, and 3 are very sketchy because some of what you say doesnt really point to him being the goat, and some of it is just simply not true or exxagerated. big is not the only person to change the sound of hip hop, he's not the only great story teller, and the fact that he brought back NYC hip hop does not mean he is the greatest of all time.

as for the outro to your post, i respect your opinion as well. for the record i was 16 when ready to die came out, bought it the day that it dropped just the same as i did with life after death, bump them both to this day, and was very much into hip hop during the mid 90's. i was very well aware of what he brought to the game, and im still of the opinion that he is up there with the greats, simply off of his first 2 albums. its not his fault that he died, i know that, but it is what it is. he simply does not have the amount of classic songs, IMO, that a few others do. i really dont see how anyone can say he was the GOAT
 8 years ago '06        #66
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 projectnovelis said:
not true. what about all the threads that have been made about drake in the last few months? does that make him great? f**ked up thing is i do think he's great. point of the thread is that he is not the goat IMO.

1, 2, and 3 are very sketchy because some of what you say doesnt really point to him being the goat, and some of it is just simply not true or exxagerated. big is not the only person to change the sound of hip hop, he's not the only great story teller, and the fact that he brought back NYC hip hop does not mean he is the greatest of all time.

as for the outro to your post, i respect your opinion as well. for the record i was 16 when ready to die came out, bought it the day that it dropped just the same as i did with life after death, bump them both to this day, and was very much into hip hop during the mid 90's. i was very well aware of what he brought to the game, and im still of the opinion that he is up there with the greats, simply off of his first 2 albums. its not his fault that he died, i know that, but it is what it is. he simply does not have the amount of classic songs, IMO, that a few others do. i really dont see how anyone can say he was the GOAT
Classic Songs:

One More Chance
Juicy
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
Mo Money Mo Problems
Who Shot Ya
Warning
Unbelievable
Going Back to Cali

This dude made hit after hit and not even gon speak on his collabo's that he smashed. Like I said we can go all day and like you say you dont feel he's the greatest I can respect that. In my opinion, he was, just based off the the influence he had on a generation of MC's that followed. And like someone else said, his rhymes back then is still supreme to what most dudes is spittin today and thats mainstream and underground.
 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM         #67
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
quality>>>quantity
for real.
 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM         #68
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghettoquiz said:
big was crazy,i dont think he was overrated
it took the dude to die for people to realize how ahead of his time he was
dudes songs still relevant today....stories are vivid and creative....
dude was a beast you n*ggas wild
for real.
 8 years ago '06        #69
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
sky's the limit
machine gun funk
you're nobody til somebody k!lls you
respect
everyday struggle
I didn't want to k!ll em with those. I was gon follow up wit another list for his reply. LOL
 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM         #70
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crown Loyal said:
Classic Songs:

One More Chance
Juicy
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
Mo Money Mo Problems
Who Shot Ya
Warning
Unbelievable
Going Back to Cali

This dude made hit after hit and not even gon speak on his collabo's that he smashed. Like I said we can go all day and like you say you dont feel he's the greatest I can respect that. In my opinion, he was, just based off the the influence he had on a generation of MC's that followed. And like someone else said, his rhymes back then is still supreme to what most dudes is spittin today and thats mainstream and underground.
i never said big didnt have alot of great songs. i can sit here and make a long list of songs that i think are dope by nas, jay, pac, big, eminem, common, black thought...etc. i guess the point im trying to make is that, through no fault of his own, biggie's list is smaller than others to me because of the small amount of material we have from him. we never got to see this guy falloff. we never got to see him make his blueprint 2, his encore, his nastradamous, albums that were not up to par with what these legends had previously released. its unrealistic to think that big would have dropped a ready to die or a life after death type album everytime out. that being said, i think his early death helps and hurts him. on one hand he has the hype of an artist that died in their prime, which always makes a martyr out of someone whether its hendrix, pac, big, jim morrison...etc. on the other hand, for fans like me, having only 2 albums to set up alongside other mcs bodies of work when comparing artists just isnt enough when it comes to a few artists. its a double edge sword. its not his fault that he died too young and didnt get to make more music and evolve as an artist, and its not dmx's fault that he didnt die after flesh of my flesh. its not eminems fault he didnt die after the eminem show. imagine if some of these other artists died before we got to see them falloff.
 8 years ago '07        #71
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,188 | Props total: 14999 14999
overrated as a rapper? no

overrated as far as people thinking he's the greatest of all time? yes, in my opinion he is overrated in that aspect
 06-16-2009, 03:27 PM         #72
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
when Drakes dead for 12 years and still has threads made about him thats great not being the new up and comer

and just because he's not the greatest of all time doesn't mean he's overrated.

he's not the GOAT to me. top 10-15 but when you're in the top 10 obviously you could make an argument for GOAT
the fact of the matter is that if 20 people come up to me and say big was the goat, and i disagree, and people keep coming to me and saying this about him, then my opinion is going to be that i think the guy is overrated. the fact that you and i agree that he is NOT the goat, but i still hear many many people say he is, that right there would be more than enough basis for me to say the guy is overrated.

and you are right about the drake comment, all i meant is that seeing a thread on bx about someone hardly makes them great.
 06-16-2009, 03:28 PM         #73
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
overrated as a rapper? no

overrated as far as people thinking he's the greatest of all time? yes, in my opinion he is overrated in that aspect
which is basically what the thread says. bigs the man, one of the dopest for sure. but not the best. people that say he is, IMO, are overrating the man
 8 years ago '07        #74
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,188 | Props total: 14999 14999
 projectnovelis said:
which is basically what the thread says. bigs the man, one of the dopest for sure. but not the best. people that say he is, IMO, are overrating the man
yea I know, didn't feel like quoting your post

was just responding to some of the dudes in here

especially the ones reppin NY
 06-16-2009, 03:32 PM         #75
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
yea I know, didn't feel like quoting your post

was just responding to some of the dudes in here

especially the ones reppin NY
yea, some biased opinions in here. but everybody is biased in away i guess
 8 years ago '06        #76
Crown Loyal 
space
space
I guess we all like who we like. If you dont feel he's the greatest thats fine wit me. I've shown my reasons why I feel he's one of the greatest or how he's impacted my music. As long as we have our own opinions, I guess we'll never know who the greatest is.
 09-20-2009, 07:19 PM         #77
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crown Loyal said:
I guess we all like who we like. If you dont feel he's the greatest thats fine wit me. I've shown my reasons why I feel he's one of the greatest or how he's impacted my music. As long as we have our own opinions, I guess we'll never know who the greatest is.
sure we do, and it aint biggie
 09-20-2009, 07:31 PM         #78
MicRo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he didn't have much of a great background. pac gave him more of a hype of course and he did not have too much music. in my opinion, he is not the greatest but he was rare. very talented with the words and flow. too bad he went so soon.
 8 years ago '06        #79
~DMX911~ 
space
space
$1,287 | Props total: 0 0
 rawproduct03 said:
quality>>>quantity
 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM         #80
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MicRo said:
he didn't have much of a great background. pac gave him more of a hype of course and he did not have too much music. in my opinion, he is not the greatest but he was rare. very talented with the words and flow. too bad he went so soon.
id say thats pretty fair
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy