Biggie Was Overrated

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #21
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 CheezyDoDo said:
i agree
You shouldn't speak...
BTW, Biggie>>>>>>>>>TI and Wayne put together times by 10...
 9 years ago '07        #22
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
 projectnovelis said:
For sure, i agree 100%. There are few mc's that have 2 classic albums

you need to hear a lot more mc's then
 9 years ago '04        #23
jsmooth-117 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$11,527 | Props total: 6440 6440
I dont think giving hate to this clown a.ss threadstarter is enough.

I demand for there to be more options when you click props/hate in addittion to the

Definitely deserves props!
Hate... I disapprove.

I THINK THE NEW OPTION SHOULD BE

Definitely deserves TO GET THE MONKEY p!ss slapped out of the threadstarter grapefruit sippers. :finger::angry12: :thumbsdown:
 9 years ago '04        #24
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,388 | Props total: 71 71
wow...the way some of yall get pissed over someone's different opinion of biggie you'd think he was your lord and savior and they were s**tting on your religion..talk about fanatics
 9 years ago '07        #25
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,418 | Props total: 1857 1857

[pic - click to view]

:cool-smiley-009:
 05-30-2009, 02:45 PM         #26
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He may be overrated but, he's top 5...
Top 5 my a.ss... based on what? Lyricism??? Nope, Eminem definately has big beat on the lyrical tip.

I'm sorry but B.I.G is the greatest to ever do it, he was ahead of his time, the most bitten rapper of all time, he just didnt have hits he had timeless music, anyone can have a hit but will that hit be timeless, he Had such an impact with just 2 Classics, he may not have the most material but U gotta take that up with the man upstairs, those 2 albums changed the game and not too many artists have albums like that, If u wanna learn how to rap listen to Life After death or Ready To Die, I could see if he only put out 1 album then yeah but he hit another home run wit his 2nd album, dude was just amazing he had all around talent even when he was just bulls**tting on tracks its better than damn near everything, I'm basing my opinion off the music he did make and his skill set and all of it was just incredible
Pac has three classics, (in hip hop anyway) all of which are better than BIG's... Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me & The Don k!lluminati

I'll never understand how anybody could view Biggie as the greatest... he has some of the greatest radio songs, that's for damn sure. Big Poppa, Hypnotise, Going Back To Cali, Juicy, One More Chance remix with Faith Evans (I'd go as far as saying he is the greatest radio rapper of all time. I can't name too many rappers with as many hot songs like that) but I could name more than a handful that are better rappers than Biggie overall...

Nas (everything about Nas is better, Illmatic >>>> Biggie's career)
Common (I just like dude's music better)
Eminem (Eminem's lyricism >>>> Biggie''s career)
 9 years ago '05        #27
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
your overrated..
 05-30-2009, 03:27 PM         #28
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5_star_smitty said:
something i never do... but i HAD to leave some hate on the thread starter.
BIGGIE >>>>>>>>>>> your fav. rapper, dead, alive or unborn. when biggie rapped about other sh_t besides partying etc. that sh_t could have been used as a screen play. dude painted pictures with his lyrics. go back & listen to "i got a story to tell" , "my downfall" , "you're nobody" , "everyday struggle" , just to name a few.

thread starter: i demand u tell me who u listen to. gotta have full disclosure when u make a blasphemous statement like the 1 u call a "thread".
i will start by saying that i love big and bump him all the time. all these songs you are mentioning i have literally played in the last week...probably more than once. blasphemous? cmon man, its just an opinion. its blasphemous because i have an opinion about an artist?

im not gonna sit here and list every mc in the game that i listen to because that is rediculous and irrelevant. but i will say that my favs are nas, common, jay z, eminem and black thought.

again man, all im saying is that eventhough i do believe in quality over quantity, i feel that there are others that have more classic s**t than biggie.
 05-30-2009, 03:30 PM         #29
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vikvon said:

you need to hear a lot more mc's then

you need a higher bar when it comes to what you call a classic
 05-30-2009, 03:32 PM         #30
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jsmooth-117 said:
I dont think giving hate to this clown a.ss threadstarter is enough.

I demand for there to be more options when you click props/hate in addittion to the

Definitely deserves props!
Hate... I disapprove.

I THINK THE NEW OPTION SHOULD BE

Definitely deserves TO GET THE MONKEY p!ss slapped out of the threadstarter grapefruit sippers. :finger::angry12: :thumbsdown:
ur a clown that shows his weakness by getting so upset over an opinion. f*g**ts act like i said big was tony yayo or somethin'
 05-30-2009, 04:07 PM         #31
tmich19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOl 2 Threadstarter not being able to name someone better besides 2pac..
 05-30-2009, 04:17 PM         #32
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tmich19 said:
LOl 2 Threadstarter not being able to name someone better besides 2pac..
you must have missed the part where its supposed to be personal opinion. another f*g opening his mouth again. leave these conversations to the grown folks lil fella:greetings10:
 9 years ago '08        #33
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
f**k y'all retards..
Biggie might not have a lot of albums or songs but nobody is f**king with him that's alive besides Em and Nas...
Biggie was a f**king rap genius
Dude styled from top of the dome
He is far from overrated
 9 years ago '08        #34
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
[QUOTE=AlexG1989;13876785]Top 5 my a.ss... based on what? Lyricism??? Nope, Eminem definately has big beat on the lyrical tip.

Why the f**k are u bringing Eminem in this? I never said Biggie was better lyricist then Eminem...
He's top 5 rapper of all time...
 05-30-2009, 05:04 PM         #35
nitro  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's all about relativity.

Biggie (and Pac) had a superb flow and was a dope lyricist in the 90s. Not many MCs rapped like him.
It's easy to say that newer rappers have more songs and a better flow, because they could learn from him and had more time to perfect the things they do.

It's unfair to say he is overrated PLUS it's always a person's opinion, there can never be "the best" rapper because there is no "real"/objective measurement

just enjoy the music
 05-30-2009, 05:07 PM         #36
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitro said:
It's all about relativity.

Biggie (and Pac) had a superb flow and was a dope lyricist in the 90s. Not many MCs rapped like him.
It's easy to say that newer rappers have more songs and a better flow, because they could learn from him and had more time to perfect the things they do.

It's unfair to say he is overrated PLUS it's always a person's opinion, there can never be "the best" rapper because there is no "real"/objective measurement

just enjoy the music

Quality post
 9 years ago '09        #37
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,535 | Props total: 3825 3825

B.I.G. till i D.I.E.
 9 years ago '05        #38
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
ONE OF THE BEST THREADS EVER....

BIGGIE WAS f**kING TRASH! A few good songs and a bunch of d**k riders.

E40>>>> BIGGIE
Soldier Boy >>> BIGGIE
 05-30-2009, 06:31 PM         #39
Brandon919  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
Biggie is barely top 5 to me. He had a very limited library compared to many others and there are more emcees with real substance and content who have surpassed Biggie by now. He didn't really talk about nothing new. I want some one right now to tell me what Biggie really did better than Big Daddy kane appart from story telling and please right now tell me what he lyrically did better than...

Eminem - in his prime and even now could hang or even better lyrically and was more versatile
Joe Budden - based on substance and content
Rakim - everything
Big Pun - rap skills period
Nas - in his prime had far superior content and creativity

Honestly I put Banks, Big L and Biggie on the same plateau...

Lloyd is a very good story teller, better metaphors and punches than Biggie and rhyme schemes are questionable on who had it better. I honestly can quote a lot more bars of straight murder than Biggie when it comes to Banks. Big was hot but there are so many who are where he was at when he died.

you needa body yourself for your top 5 and for even mentioning Lloyd Mumble-banks into a biggie thread.

Top 5 TRUE MC's MAINSTREAM, ACTUAL RAPPERS WHO GO INTO THE STUDIO AND DROP TRACK AFTER TRACK AFTER TRACK, AND HAD THE GAME HOT

2pac - was knocking out 3 to 4 albums in less than 2 yrs, emphasized what the f**k he was saying and made sure you knew what msg he was sending, tho not a very lyrical guy, he spit what was real and gave the streets something WE ALL COULD RELATE TO -- RELEVANT

Biggie - Our Favorite Mainstream head hancho, Droppin bars n knockin n*ggas heads off with street anthem after street anthem. I remember when i was in 3rd grade in the summer in harlem, n*ggas would all be sittin on cars bumping the f**k outta Life after death ALL DAY LONG. Big had his hardcore s**t, and his radio s**t and they all followed the same format and had Party, laid back , thug appeal with non water down bars to match unlike "YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST

Jay-Z - Tho i swear to god he changes his flow due to people influencing his a.ss such as ( THE BIG L ERA OF FAST BAR SPITTIN aka THE TURBO FLOW) to ( THE LYRICALLY SMACKIN THE s**t OUTTA YOU BIGGIE ERA ) To the HOVA era. The n*gga is clever and has bars for days. Tho some of Jay's songs were kinda iffy, The n*gga still got heavy bangers under the belt. Only artist i kno who's got more than 5 albums that are classics or could be considered classics. I may be in over my head tho, but ima Jay fan.

Nas - Nas by himself can be anything from, QB ignorant s**t Nas to Nas the political poet. When nas is on his street s**t, its Nas >>>>> The RAP GAME. Period. Many can agree.

Big L - ONLLLLLLLLLLLLY RAP ARTIST I HEARD BY MANY CREDIBLE SOURCES, PEOPLE FROM THE f**kING MUSIC INDUSTRY ITSELF CONSIDER THIS n*gga THE DOPEST MC PERIOD.

Who else got that Credibility right there? Lil Wayne? f**k outta here, i believe they say Lil Wayne is up there only because he has the formula as far as mainstream appeal. But as far as a dope lyricist and somebody who's really Mc'ing for real? I've heard PLENTY of mainstream sources Quote BIG L the best to do it.

So b4 any b***h a.ss n*ggas come in here talking about rappers like Banks or f**kin Budden, maaaaan be f**king serious. These n*ggas rap sheets aint even no longer than mine. They dont even deserve to be put in a in a topic with Names of Legends or Pioneers or Classic s**t.

f**k outta here
 05-30-2009, 07:30 PM         #40
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
biggie birthed a whole new way of rapping. f**k outta here, big is top 3
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago