Biggie Was Overrated

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-30-2009, 12:33 AM         #1
7433 pageviews
127 comments

projectnovelis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie Was Overrated

I love Big and both of the albums that he did when he was alive, but i hear way too many people saying he is the greatest. He has such a small amount of material compared to other mc's that get mentioned at the top. i have always felt that the story of him dying at a young age, the beef with pac, and his first 2 albums being great has caused so many of us to just say he is the best ever. An artist that we never got to see fall off, like every other artist does. Im not saying that its his fault that he didnt get to make more music and go through what other artists do in their careers. But at the same time, i dont feel like he has enough material to be better than mc's like Nas, Jay, Common...whoever your favorite mc is. What if Big fell off skill wise after 2 or 3 like artist that start out with similar bangs. Its seems like the hype of his passing plays too big of a part of how he is compared to other mcs. As if people think that Ready to Die's and Life After death's were all Biggie was ever gonna release, just straight classics for years to come. But lets be honest, that just doesnt happen. Every artist gets to a point where they are not putting out albums that are as good as they used to be.

Has anyone out there ever felt that Biggie (through no fault of his own) doesnt have enough material to be considered better than mcs that have a couple more dope albums than he did?

THIS IS NOT HATE...I REPEAT...THIS IS NOT HATE

127 comments for "Biggie Was Overrated"

9 years ago '08        #2
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
He may be overrated but, he's top 5...
 05-30-2009, 12:36 AM         #3
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IInvented said:
He may be overrated but, he's top 5...
For sure, i agree 100%. There are few mc's that have 2 classic albums
 05-30-2009, 12:37 AM         #4
FSU05  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here we go again, people are gonna say you're crazy, then some are going to say he was the G.O.A.T, then we'll have a Big>Pac, then Pac>Big, and then they'll get dissed and so on and so forth, just quit it, but at the same time I feel what you're saying, but this is Boxden

Last edited by FSU05; 05-30-2009 at 12:38 AM..
 05-30-2009, 12:41 AM         #5
projectnovelis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FSU05 said:
here we go again, people are gonna say you're crazy, then some are going to say he was the G.O.A.T, then we'll have a Big>Pac, then Pac>Big, and then they'll get dissed and so on and so forth, just quit it, but at the same time I feel what you're saying, but this is Boxden
Its just something i havent seen brought up and i havent been messing with this very long. Alot of wack threads about nonsense, just trying to get a real debate going. Rather than talking about Relapse and Rick Ross and s**t like that. ya know
 9 years ago '04        #6
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
lol we get this thread a couple of times a year on boxden
 9 years ago '05        #7
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
I'm sorry but B.I.G is the greatest to ever do it, he was ahead of his time, the most bitten rapper of all time, he just didnt have hits he had timeless music, anyone can have a hit but will that hit be timeless, he Had such an impact with just 2 Classics, he may not have the most material but U gotta take that up with the man upstairs, those 2 albums changed the game and not too many artists have albums like that, If u wanna learn how to rap listen to Life After death or Ready To Die, I could see if he only put out 1 album then yeah but he hit another home run wit his 2nd album, dude was just amazing he had all around talent even when he was just bulls**tting on tracks its better than damn near everything, I'm basing my opinion off the music he did make and his skill set and all of it was just incredible
 9 years ago '05        #8
ThugLife32 
space
space
space
$234 | Props total: 0 0
biggie lost.
 9 years ago '06        #9
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
 Basicgz said:
I'm sorry but B.I.G is the greatest to ever do it, he was ahead of his time, the most bitten rapper of all time, he just didnt have hits he had timeless music, anyone can have a hit but will that hit be timeless, he Had such an impact with just 2 Classics, he may not have the most material but U gotta take that up with the man upstairs, those 2 albums changed the game and not too many artists have albums like that, If u wanna learn how to rap listen to Life After death or Ready To Die, I could see if he only put out 1 album then yeah but he hit another home run wit his 2nd album, dude was just amazing he had all around talent even when he was just bulls**tting on tracks its better than damn near everything, I'm basing my opinion off the music he did make and his skill set and all of it was just incredible
dude just might be right.....BIGGIE's limited material s**ts on ALOT of music
 9 years ago '07        #10
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
i hate these threads.

He may not have had alot of material but the s**t he had put out was ridiculous. I'm a huge 2pac fan & I can say that this he isnt over rated.

I think that the fact that he died more people hopped on his d**k, but he is still one of the greatest ever. Hs word play, style, and attitidue were insane. And for a fat dude to pull hoes like that...smh!!!!!!!!!!

hes the dude!!
 05-30-2009, 02:11 AM         #11
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
quality>>>quantity
 9 years ago '04        #12
damjr87 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 7 7
True statement, but still dude did have some hot verses.
 9 years ago '04        #13
Baig 
space
space
$622 | Props total: 12 12
agreed... i never felt it. Oh well... repped fa sho.
 9 years ago '06        #14
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,358 | Props total: 836 836
:aloofandbored10:
 9 years ago '06        #15
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 projectnovelis said:
Its just something i havent seen brought up and i havent been messing with this very long. Alot of wack threads about nonsense, just trying to get a real debate going. Rather than talking about Relapse and Rick Ross and s**t like that. ya know
Well, Pac was overrated to me, and I never got into him at all. And how I feel about him has nothing to do with BIG either. I'm not a BIG fan no way. But folks be ready to k!ll me, If made a thread saying Pac was overrated, and I didn't worship him like the rest of the followers.

Anyway, let me put it this way. All these dudes are overrated, and they only got this status because they died the way they did. And it's not just Biggie, it's Pac too.

Last edited by MissLoveOne; 05-30-2009 at 04:25 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #16
AdN 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
why n*ggas always startin threads about pac n big being overrated???? imo both them n*ggas are legends in their own damn right. big just had bad luck and didnt had the chance to release more than 2 lps but if u just appreaciate the quality of those 2 lps u know y n*ggas crowned him n s**t. and the same can be said for pac...
 9 years ago '07        #17
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
i agree
 9 years ago '09        #18
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,548 | Props total: 3845 3845
something i never do... but i HAD to leave some hate on the thread starter.
BIGGIE >>>>>>>>>>> your fav. rapper, dead, alive or unborn. when biggie rapped about other sh_t besides partying etc. that sh_t could have been used as a screen play. dude painted pictures with his lyrics. go back & listen to "i got a story to tell" , "my downfall" , "you're nobody" , "everyday struggle" , just to name a few.

thread starter: i demand u tell me who u listen to. gotta have full disclosure when u make a blasphemous statement like the 1 u call a "thread".
 9 years ago '07        #19
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 goke11429 said:
lol we get this thread a couple of times a year on boxden
 05-30-2009, 12:26 PM         #20
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie is barely top 5 to me. He had a very limited library compared to many others and there are more emcees with real substance and content who have surpassed Biggie by now. He didn't really talk about nothing new. I want some one right now to tell me what Biggie really did better than Big Daddy kane appart from story telling and please right now tell me what he lyrically did better than...

Eminem - in his prime and even now could hang or even better lyrically and was more versatile
Joe Budden - based on substance and content
Rakim - everything
Big Pun - rap skills period
Nas - in his prime had far superior content and creativity

Honestly I put Banks, Big L and Biggie on the same plateau...

Lloyd is a very good story teller, better metaphors and punches than Biggie and rhyme schemes are questionable on who had it better. I honestly can quote a lot more bars of straight murder than Biggie when it comes to Banks. Big was hot but there are so many who are where he was at when he died.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy