Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #41
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,436 | Props total: 17832 17832
 Mintz said:
Tyreke Evans is stupid like this too lol MAN!!
 9 years ago '06        #42
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
So when did it become cool to s**t on someone because they're not considered to be smart? I mean lets be real, if he was capable and just didn't give a s**t, then party on. But in this case it was obvious to see that Rose wasn't the brightest the first time we heard him talk. This dude isn't capable.

I do not condone what took place. I even feel for the teams that feel slighted because they lost to him....only just a little, because we all know that teams like UCLA pay players too just like the majority of major college programs. But lets not s**t on Rose for a flaw in the system. Why are we so loyal to the NCAAs again?

Yes, rules are rules but I have to applaud someone like Rose because regardless of what limits our society has in place for people who are different, he made it anyway and is proving the system wrong. Cheat or no cheat, this kid is amazing when he steps on the court.

So I just ask that you bashers step out the box for a minute and really look at the situation.

Great kid, superior athlete, no brains....Someone sees his potential, grooms him, gets him by, kid is a superstar. Kid inspires thousands.

Great kid, superior athlete, no brains....SAT says no because they don't think he can learn in college. He misses his opportunity. He becomes frustrated. Gives up on his dreams. Kid ends up another legend on the streets of Chicago.

Derrick Rose is mentally slow and that's okay. He isn't smart enough to orchestrate that whole high school/college/league situation. So why are you mad at him?
 05-29-2009, 12:26 PM         #43
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
stop making up s**t to excuse derrick rose's stupid a.ss.....most student athletes are actually good in school....
Rose wasnt even a real student though. Dude was a professional athlete pretending to be a college student
 9 years ago '04        #44
Mike Lyricalone 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,292 | Props total: 16 16
Who cares if he can't read... he can read defenses.

CHOMP CHOMP b***h!
 05-29-2009, 12:29 PM         #45
Jathesan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why they exposing the dude like this?

comparing his education to basketball is like comparing apples to oranges.
 9 years ago '07        #46
Bkjj11 3543 heat pts3543
space
space
$92,176 | Props total: 69728 69728
Someone legal action has to be taken. Its not right lol
 9 years ago '08        #47
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,789 | Props total: 3409 3409
Yall talking all this s**t and really dont know what happened. This could be bulls**t for all yall know. Or maybe he just didn't apply himself in school. Just like a lot of star athletes that know they will be millionaires in the near future. Bottom line is he is a great Bball player. And if he wasn't yall wouln't give a s**t about anything about this dude. If this s**t is true, the people to blame are his high school, Memphis, and everyone that let him slide by. But as of now he rich and needs to just focus on bringing the Bulls ring #7:cool-smiley-009:
 9 years ago '05        #48
bayryda 
space
space
space
$2,742 | Props total: 38 38
Where do I sign up to take S.A.T for athletes. I scored a 1450 on it and ill charge a competitive rate for whatever score needed lol
 9 years ago '05        #49
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Why do people act like basketball players dont need to be smart???

imagine a whole bunch of jrsmiths running around
 9 years ago '05        #50
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 young moolah said:
the fact of the matter of it is the NBA really doesn't care about these kids and the NCAA doesn't care about them either.

some of you hating but put yourself in his shoes, when you are that young and your dream all your life is to play in the NBA you will do whatever it takes to get there. and when you have higher authorities willing to help you cheat then your not going to think twice about it. Its a life changing decision, who knows if he woulda ended up in the NBA had he not cheated. i dont blame him one bit.

its called hitting the books

cheating should never be an option

Don't expect boxden n*ggas to know about that though, most people here would of dropped out of HS without cheating

Last edited by Bea5T; 05-29-2009 at 01:13 PM..
 05-29-2009, 01:26 PM         #51
cfalcon22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Leave it to the geniuses here on Boxden to speak on the importance of an education and bash a guy for being able to beat the system, make millions and be famous while doing it. Rose didn't need the grade changed to graduate from high school. They changed the grade to allow his GPA to be high enough for entrance into whatever college he chose to go to. An SAT score isn't mandatory to get in Memphis. The SAT s**t was with another school and when he f**ked them and didn't come they decided to snitch last season to get back at Calipari. Let's not forget this s**t being going on since December of 08. That's why Cal dipped he didn't want any of that s**t to hamstring him at Memphis.

Having said that, Do I agree with what Rose and just about every top athlete coming out of high school has done and will continue to do forever? No
Do I think they could change the system so that AAU, High School, and college coaches can't rig it to allow someone else to take the SAT or ACT for a player? Yes
Do I think they need to keep agents, crooked family members, shoe companies, and others away from these kids? Yes Will it happen? No
This kind of s**t has been going on for decades and will continue to go on. Just because most of you guys don't know about it, doesn't mean it ain't happening.
 05-29-2009, 01:28 PM         #52
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know what? Rose may not be that dumb if he got away with this s**t long enough to go pro.
 05-29-2009, 01:41 PM         #53
tmmy_watson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
You can tell hes a dumbass n*gga, watch an interview... Dudes embarrassing to listen to
damn i been sayin dat s**t 4 so long. everytime i saw dat boy i was like damn he look dumb as hell!!!! but dat s**t happen everywhere. c*m 2 louisiana.
 9 years ago '04        #54
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 100 100
 eLLz said:
You can tell hes a dumbass n*gga, watch an interview... Dudes embarrassing to listen to
Dude has poor communication skills
 9 years ago '05        #55
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,682 | Props total: 507 507
 PEK said:
Yall talking all this s**t and really dont know what happened. This could be bulls**t for all yall know. Or maybe he just didn't apply himself in school. Just like a lot of star athletes that know they will be millionaires in the near future. Bottom line is he is a great Bball player. And if he wasn't yall wouln't give a s**t about anything about this dude. If this s**t is true, the people to blame are his high school, Memphis, and everyone that let him slide by. But as of now he rich and needs to just focus on bringing the Bulls ring #7:cool-smiley-009:
How is it bulls**t when its being reported already and its true. I know you like Rose, but its time for to take his d**k out of your mouth man.

Why should we let Rose slide? He knew it was wrong. He knew what he was getting himself into by doing this.

To say we should blame everyone else except for Rose is not right.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 05-29-2009 at 02:06 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #56
TRU 504 BoY 
space
space
$1,970 | Props total: 88 88
:applause: People that are disagreeing with what D. Rose did are probably the ones that had to work hard to get to where they are or want to be at. Sucks, but hey, thats the choice you make. Why knock on rose for the choice he made. He chose the easy way. s**t honestly, I'm a little jealous I didn't think of that in high school or else I would be playing baseball rightnow in the majors. Good for derrick rose
 9 years ago '06        #57
Gadd 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,079 | Props total: 1 1
He does seem pretty dumb when he's interviewed, but I always thought it was just because he was nervous in front of cameras. I guess it makes sense now
 9 years ago '05        #58
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,682 | Props total: 507 507
Let's see.... OJ Mayo makes a damn 30 something on his ACT and Rose has someone sit down for to take his test.

OJ Mayo has over a 3.0 GPA an honor roll student at USC, there is no telling what Rose had.

I don't want to hear them excuses about him not wanting to be in school. He just has no drive and never put the time into books like he did bball.

I have no problem with Derrick, but to say he did a good job beating the system and all this is wrong. There are plenty of guys in all professions of sports that have good careers and were also good students to.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 05-29-2009 at 02:56 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #59
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 49 49
Its a shame but neither could Mcgrady but who cares he got money now.
 05-29-2009, 02:23 PM         #60
King Eros 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
i concur, but that candy eating suckface can windmill his a.ss off

Last edited by King Eros; 05-29-2009 at 02:24 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy