Official LeBron James Thread. All General Discussion In Here

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #161
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
No they wouldnt. Put Kobe in the East with the Cavs and they win 75 games easily.
 9 years ago '04        #162
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Because what Lebron's doing is holding the ball for 18-20 seconds, and either shooting or passing. This didn't work in the 3 games they lost, so it's obvious that if you put your fate in the hands of one player then you're more than likely to fail when push comes to shove. It keeps the offense stangnant, and quite honestly; it's just ugly basketball. Cleveland is just lucky that a lot of other players made shots so the floor stayed spread for Lebron and he would have the opportunity to get into the paint with damn near no resistence whatsoever.

What Kobe does is entirely different because of the fact that he plays off the ball and the guy has a knack for making mostly good plays down the stretch in the flow of the offense. Even when he misses or makes a turnover, it's still in the flow of the offense.
Last night you saw the Lakers opt for Kobe in the same pick and roll offense that Lebron runs and he just played horribly and the Lakers nearly gave up the game in the mid-late 4th. That's the type of thing that can happen.

You never want to see one player dominate the ball that much.
 9 years ago '06        #163
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,863 | Props total: 14717 14717
 modalee81 said:
No they wouldnt. Put Kobe in the East with the Cavs and they win 75 games easily.
Are you f**king serious? I hope you mean the Cavs WITH LeBron, because if not Kobe wouldn't be a facilitator and he would revert back to old "ball-hoggin" ways and that team would maybe win 50 games.
 9 years ago '04        #164
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
There you have it.

Lebron >> Michael, Magic, Kareem, Bird, Oscar, Wilt, Russell and Kobe
 9 years ago '06        #165
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
if you see my post you know i scream when he holds the ball.....but tonight was different, normally he holds the ball 4 feet out from the 3 point line and takes on the whole defense. but tonight it was right in the middle...where he can see everything that's happening....and it was 6 possessions...15 points

Orlando didn't stop it
 9 years ago '04        #166
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 O_nasty said:
if you see my post you know i scream when he holds the ball.....but tonight was different, normally he holds the ball 4 feet out from the 3 point line and takes on the whole defense. but tonight it was right in the middle...where he can see everything that's happening....and it was 6 possessions...15 points

Orlando didn't stop it
Won't happen every night though...
 9 years ago '04        #167
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 str8_akademiks said:
There you have it.

gotta agree.... reggie miller said it.... its official
 9 years ago '07        #168
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,031 | Props total: 30285 30285
I don't see a problem with giving him the ball in the 4th, and clearing out for him. However, he holds the ball too long. For instance, if he held it that long, drove, and help comes and he has to dish to say... Mo Williams behind the arc. Mo may not have enough time to get the shot up before the shot clock goes off.

Other than that though, I understand what's going on. It makes sense, his team is not hitting their shots so... LBJ has to shoot more.

If you noticed though, Mo and Delonte did a whole lot better. Yet, they didn't get any more or any fewer shot attempts than they got in any other game this series.. or this season for that matter. They just happened to knock down the shots that they are SUPPOSED to make, that they had been missing.

I'd be worried if I was Cleveland though. I don't see Big Z, or Gibson, or even Delonte being able to sustain the type of performances they had tonight.
 9 years ago '04        #169
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 Bkjj11 said:
put lebron in the bible he'll be the greatest one name guy.
lol another 1
 9 years ago '04        #170
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,331 | Props total: 11423 11423
boobie saved them tonight lol if orlando dont put it on cleveland early its a wrap
 9 years ago '04        #171
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
 str8_akademiks said:
There you have it.

But then he calls Kobe the best closer
 9 years ago '05        #172
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
 Andre3000 said:
U n*ggas k!ll me with the East Coast West Coast s**t. East beat the West head to head this year. Yes the top 8 teams in the West are way better than the East top 8 but after than 9 spot its pure a.ss. The West top 8 get to play the s**tty teams in the lower half(West) more than the East hence the disparity in records. So dont bring records in this s**t as well. Hornets are a big example. They wouldn't beat any top 4 team in the East this year. Shouldnt even have made the playoffs.
You chose not to look at it the other way around and say the lower half of the west have terrible records after Phoenix because they have to play such good teams in the top half. After Cleveland, Boston and Orlando the rest of the east is garbage. Phoenix who didn't even make the playoffs in the west nearly would have been the number four seed in the east. Never mind the Hornets. Any team in the east that didn't make the playoffs would go to 7 games against the teams who did after the top three. While every team in the west in the playoffs would have swept through the east and pushed their top teams in the playoffs. With the Hornets being the 1 exception
 9 years ago '05        #173
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 O_nasty said:
One of the major knocks against Lebron has been that he's not a good "closer". But I'm watching TNT right now and they're complaining that Lebron is having to do too much. That he shouldn't have to take over the 4th quarter.

That's called CLOSING. Kobe does it and he's an "assassin" and the best closer in the game but Lebron does it and it's bad offense, teammates not stepping up and bad coaching.

You're team is suppose to be good and if it's close you're best player is suppose to close it out. But your star player shouldn't have to carry the whole team throughout the game and take over the fourth to pick up his teams slack. I think that's what they meant by he's having to do too much.
 05-29-2009, 08:45 AM         #174
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TNT is correct. Mike Brown is a horrible coach. Everything goes through Lebron offensively and defensively. Lebron has to create the offense on most of his touches. I can't call it ugly basketball though. The Cavs brought shooters in to to keep defenses honest against James. They just dont have a playbook. A testimony to Lebron's greatness.
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '04        #175
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
LeRefs :rollaugh:

Lebron is great man, but he gets SO much help during these games, every time he drives and throws his arms, he gets a foul...
 05-29-2009, 09:27 AM         #176
Ajordan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GoldynChyld421 said:

Lebron is great man, but he gets SO much help during these games, every time he drives and throws his arms, he gets a foul...
Great players always get calls the mediocer players don't.
 05-29-2009, 09:31 AM         #177
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
You chose not to look at it the other way around and say the lower half of the west have terrible records after Phoenix because they have to play such good teams in the top half. After Cleveland, Boston and Orlando the rest of the east is garbage. Phoenix who didn't even make the playoffs in the west nearly would have been the number four seed in the east. Never mind the Hornets. Any team in the east that didn't make the playoffs would go to 7 games against the teams who did after the top three. While every team in the west in the playoffs would have swept through the east and pushed their top teams in the playoffs. With the Hornets being the 1 exception
Your failing to grasp the concept. The East beat the West head to head. And the East pretty much wins a title every other year just like the West. The teams in the West at the bottom are awful. The West gets to play them more hence the disparity in records. And not even counting playoff teams the East is way better than the West. The argument really isn't just playoff teams its the East as a whole.

Last edited by Andre3000; 05-29-2009 at 09:32 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #178
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 tdub-zr0 said:
Are you f**king serious? I hope you mean the Cavs WITH LeBron, because if not Kobe wouldn't be a facilitator and he would revert back to old "ball-hoggin" ways and that team would maybe win 50 games.
exactly. The reason they won 66 games is because lebron was the facilitator the whole season. Kobe would cry after his team has one bad game and want to be traded. Lebron went 7 games against the celts last yr while Kobe got his a.ss kicked by celts. Give lebron kobe's squad they would have beat boston. Kobe has so much talent around him its no excuse why they shouldn't win the ship. Their f**kin lucky to be up against the nuggets right now
 9 years ago '07        #179
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 GoldynChyld421 said:

and kobe doesn't? What do u call that stupid s**t he does when he throws his arms around after someone touched him wit their nail and then does that scream like he's gettin r*ped in the a.ss. Watch how many times he does that against the nuggets tonight. Dont act like u kobe stans dont know what im talkin about either cuz this guy from my job who is from L.A. can even admit kobe does that s**t, and he's a HUGE laker/kobe fan(not stan).
 9 years ago '05        #180
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
Your failing to grasp the concept. The East beat the West head to head. And the East pretty much wins a title every other year just like the West. The teams in the West at the bottom are awful. The West gets to play them more hence the disparity in records. And not even counting playoff teams the East is way better than the West. The argument really isn't just playoff teams its the East as a whole.
The east playoff teams are way better than the west?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago