Boxden lottery for the NBA lottery: Post your predictions

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Charles Barkley "Lavar Ball isn't a good father."
118 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
37 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #41
REALBUG01 1 heat pts
space
space
$259 | Props total: 4 4
FROM BILLBOARD.COM

Rapper Dolla, born Roderick Anthony Burton II, was shot and k!lled while waiting in the valet area of the Beverly Center mall in Los Angeles on Monday (May 18). He was 21.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the up-and-coming rapper, who signed to Akon's Konvict Muzik label in 2007, had flown to Los Angeles that very morning to continue work on his oft-delayed solo debut, "A Dolla And A Dream," which had been slated for a summer release. He went to the Beverly Center to shop, his publicist Sue Vannasing told the newspaper. After the shooting, Burton was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center a few blocks from the mall, where he died, police said.

According to the Times, the LAPD has not announced a motive for the attack or identified any official suspects, although detectives are questioning a woman they detained at the scene and a man who allegedly fled in a silver Mercedes SUV after he was detained while approaching the ticketing area at the Los Angeles International Airport armed with a gun.

TMZ reports police arrested a man identified as 23-year-old Aubrey Berry at LAX after authorities issued an alert that the suspect may be headed for the airport. The airport police reportedly spotted a man who matched the description of the a.ssailant sitting in the lobby of one of the terminals. When police approached him, Berry said he knew why they were there, raised his hands and told them he had a 9 MM gun in his waistband.

The shooting took place at around 3:10 P.M., and according to the Times, sent shoppers and diners -- who said they heard four to five shots rang out -- diving for cover. “Dolla was part of the Konvict Entertainment family and an incredible artist. This is a senseless crime and the industry has lost a real talent. Our heart goes out to his family, friends, and fans,” Akon said via a statement. “It’s a terrible tragedy," T-Pain added. "My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.”

As first reported on Billboard.com last year, Dolla lived through his share of hardships in his short life. Born in Chicago in 1988 as a twin, Dolla's sibling died due to an enlarged heart. At the age of five, after relocating to Los Angeles, his father committed suicide in front of him. As early as age ten, Dolla was dealing drugs in attempt to help make ends meet at home. In 2006, his sister was sentenced to jail following an altercation with police, leaving Dolla and his mother to care for his young niece and nephew. In 2007, Dolla was shot during an attempted robbery.

All the while, Dolla had dreams of leaving the hard knock life behind and becoming a famous rapper. At age 12, he formed a rap group called Da Razkals Cru, who caught the attention of Missy Elliott and Sean "Diddy" Combs, later becoming a model for the latter's Sean John Clothing line.

By 2001, the group signed a deal with Elektra Records, where Dolla met the singer/producer Akon. Unfortunately, Elektra folded a few years later and the group was released from their contract in 2003. By then, Akon had already formed his Konvict Muzik imprint and was looking to expand, and so he signed a joint venture with Dolla's The Gang Entertainment. Shortly after, Dolla was signed as a solo artist to Jive Records via Konvict.

His first single, "Who The f**k Is That," featuring T-Pain and Tay Dizm, peaked on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 42 early 2008.

SOURCE:
 9 years ago '06        #42
REALBUG01 1 heat pts
space
space
$259 | Props total: 4 4
THE 100 ON DOLLA comments:
May 19, 2009
DUDE WAS A MANSFIELD BLOOD GANG MEMBER (ATL GANG) HE HAD SOME WORDS WITH A LOS ANGELES CRIP ON THE FLIGHT TO LOS ANGELES FOR ATLANTA (I HEAR THAT THE BEEF WAS ACTUALLY DJ SHABBAZZ'Z)DOLLA BEING THE DUDE THAT HE IS STEPPED IN. ACCORDING TO A PASSENGER WHO OVER HEARD SOME OF THE WORDS, SAID THAT THE CRIP TOLD DOLLA (WHO WAS REPRESENTING HIMSELF AS A "BLOOD GANG MEMBER") "THAT HE WOULD NOT MAKE IT THROUGH THE DAY IN THIS CITY" (LOS ANGELES). HOURS LATER, DOLLA WAS GUNNED DOWN BY A FEMALE AT THE BEVERY CENTER VALET. NO JOKE, NO DISRESPECT AT ALL. I WAS ACTUALLY A FAN OF THE FIRST SINGLE. I'M SURE DOLLA WAS A GOOD DUDE, AND HE WILL BE SORELY MISSED BY THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE. HIS CD WILL STILL DROP THIS SUMMER, SO HE REALLY LIVES ON. PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Last edited by REALBUG01; 05-19-2009 at 04:40 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #43
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
knicks need a top 3, thats all i ask for. theres gona be good players left but not high impact. knicks need a top 3 badly
 9 years ago '07        #44
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
i dont think you guys need the top pick. While Griffin is good what yall really need is a point guard since conley turned out to be a bum. Top 3 would work for yall so you can get Rubio or Jennings
conley actually started playing good 2nd half of the year, i think he was 14 6 and 6, if he develops more next year he could be good, him + mayo + gay if they keep him + griffin would be pretty beast
 9 years ago '05        #45
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
As Long As The Knicks Dont Get It I'll Be Happy
 9 years ago '09        #46
ItizIsntIT 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 170 170
I don't think they'll become contenders within a year...
 9 years ago '07        #47
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Rique said:
everyone just wants to say the draft is rigged. If the picks went exactly by the worst record they'd say it was rigged too
it is rigged...
 9 years ago '08        #48
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,761 | Props total: 12214 12214
 twodollars2 said:
bobcats will have the 1st pick just watch and see
Dogg I really hope so.

Iverson The God said:
if the bobcats win the lottery and draft griffin then sign iverson and odom in the offseason you might as well hand them the trophy now :applause:

Why would they draft a career team k!ller in Iverson (see Avatar) he did it to my team...Iverson playing for Jordan lmfao Mike remembers that crossover and I'm sure he wouldn't like that plus AI prolly try and wear Mike's 23 :angry12:

Doesn't make since to draft Griffith then sign Odom stunts Griffith's growth.
 9 years ago '05        #49
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
If the Knicks get the #2 pick which is Rubio then it's rigged for sure.
 9 years ago '06        #50
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,314 | Props total: 1083 1083
 Tempus # 1 said:
Conley
Mayo
Rudy
Griffin
Gasol
that would be a monster starting 5, playoff bound i say :applause:

14 - 10 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 58% 84 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 5-2, Rank #152 | Aug 10: 65-31, Rank #103 | Aug 09: 24-11, Rank #102 | Aug 08: 5-0, Rank #370 *
 9 years ago '06        #51
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,523 | Props total: 6748 6748
 Hold That said:
If the Knicks get the #2 pick which is Rubio then it's rigged for sure.

ya got Rose
Its our time to get a PG
:angry12:
 05-19-2009, 05:11 PM         #52
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
which was ruined by Heavenly Sword's stupidity
Man STFU. Shouldnt yall Knick fans be out in Rucker Park tryin to scout talent for your s**tty franchise?

- Streetz - said:

ya got Rose
Its our time to get a PG
:angry12:
yall already got like 5 of em what the f**k....

Last edited by HeavenlySword; 05-19-2009 at 05:13 PM..
 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM         #53
JaeWil  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
They'd have a nice young squad. No homo
yes,you are a homo....only gay idiots say no homo..
 9 years ago '07        #54
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
@ this corny a.ss n*gga jumping in here and immediately spitting knick hate
 9 years ago '06        #55
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
T'wolves for the Fifth Pick. :applause:
 9 years ago '07        #56
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 HeavenlySword said:
Man STFU. Shouldnt yall Knick fans be out in Rucker Park tryin to scout talent for your s**tty franchise?

yall already got like 5 of em what the f**k....
umm im pretty sure if we had 5, chris boohon wouldnt have been playing all those 40+ minute games this season

stop actin like u know s**t
 9 years ago '08        #57
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
knicks need anything they can get. they should just take the best guy available
 9 years ago '06        #58
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Da Real Talk said:
As Long As The Knicks Dont Get It I'll Be Happy
:violent-smiley-078::violent-smiley-078::violent-smiley-078:

it's all good...i said the same shyt last year about your bulls (and look what happened!)
 05-19-2009, 06:11 PM         #59
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 servesurite said:
that would be a monster starting 5, playoff bound i say :applause:
Would be fun to watch too. Man im praying right now.
 9 years ago '07        #60
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,778 | Props total: 14589 14589
Clippers or Minnesota for the first pick ...
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
81 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
68 comments
21 hours ago