most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
128 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '09        #1
11598 pageviews
24 comments

Smackin Suckas 
space
space
$198 | Props total: 0 0
Thirty Thousand Dollars...

Im up 30 grand, so my question is...

If you had thirty thousand dollars, whats the best place to start so it will grow?

Im about to purchase a few investing & financial books off amazon to see whats what, im not even too big on investing so if i dont really find anything good, i'll prob just hold onto it tight maybe put it in a CD for the time being! image

What would you do with 30 grand???

24 comments for "Thirty Thousand Dollars..."

9 years ago '04        #2
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
CD sounds like a good idea....I mean its safe and sound....If I had 30gs I'd invest bout 2gs into Apple & Google. Let that s**t sit for couple years and let it grow.....EaZy
 9 years ago '09        #3
poker_pimp 
space
space
$318 | Props total: 0 0
well the economy will hit the bottom at the end of this year so u should hold on to it for a couple more months then decide on wat to do.. but for the time being a cd or money market account is good!!
 9 years ago '09        #4
Smackin Suckas  OP
space
space
^^^what about you help me get more haha!

Thanks for the replies guys!
 9 years ago '04        #5
Vagnum 
space
space
$3,620 | Props total: 1 1
if i would have 30 thousend to invest i would take 15000 and put it in a
financial stock. you get the most out of it if you buy and sell wiselly. ;)
do never invest all you got at one time in one stock.
 9 years ago '06        #6
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
A CD is a good idea. Thats what I did with my cash. 13 months at 4%.
 9 years ago '09        #7
Smackin Suckas  OP
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
A CD is a good idea. Thats what I did with my cash. 13 months at 4%.
Thanks man, i think thats the route im gonna go!
 9 years ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 
space
space
 Smackin Suckas said:
Thanks man, i think thats the route im gonna go!
Well the problem is that I invested that last year. This year your gonna be lucky to get around 2%. Shop around. Some places have a thing where if you open a savings account or checking account then you get a % higher for interest. Dont make a mistake because this s**ts important. Shop around before you drop some s**t into an account.
 9 years ago '09        #9
Smackin Suckas  OP
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
Well the problem is that I invested that last year. This year your gonna be lucky to get around 2%. Shop around. Some places have a thing where if you open a savings account or checking account then you get a % higher for interest. Dont make a mistake because this s**ts important. Shop around before you drop some s**t into an account.
yea, i was looking around for average interest rates after i read your post earlier, i knew they would be lower now than when you made your deposit, i think the highest i seen in my area just doin a quick search was like 2.3%... i didnt know you could possibly negotiate higher rates or get a better deal by opening up a checking or savings account! I used a little intrest rate calculator earlier and i dont even think its worth me locking the money up in a CD right now, i could prob find a better way to make it grow if i had access to it!
 9 years ago '04        #10
Vagnum 
space
space
4% in 13 Months? there are better ways to invest. let your money work. there are some companies they pay 10% dividend. i wouldnt put the money in a save and give the key to someone else for a year. the bank will make 40000 with your 30000, minimum!!!! and you get 1200.-$.
 05-21-2009, 09:42 AM         #11
1blood 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your local street pharmicists or a cd....
 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM         #12
mayday20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well...it depends in all honesty. think about this: disability insurance. what would you do if you got hurt, think that 30,000 is gonna earn such a high rate of return in the Stock Market? get real here, the market is too volatile and you should probably protect your most valuable a.sset, your ability to earn income. northwestern mutual bro. check them out against their competition, if you wanna know anymore, get at me.
 9 years ago '09        #13
Smackin Suckas  OP
space
space
 Vagnum said:
4% in 13 Months? there are better ways to invest. let your money work. there are some companies they pay 10% dividend. i wouldnt put the money in a save and give the key to someone else for a year. the bank will make 40000 with your 30000, minimum!!!! and you get 1200.-$.
thats exactly what i figured out lol!!!
 9 years ago '06        #14
Sammyboi22 
space
space
 Vagnum said:
True. But that wasnt all of my cash. It was just a place for me to hold it to make interest. I made like 846 in a year for them to hold my cash so that I wouldnt spend it. 800$ a year for a no risk investment sounds good to me. Thats like gas money for a year right there.
 9 years ago '04        #15
Vagnum 
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
True. But that wasnt all of my cash. It was just a place for me to hold it to make interest. I made like 846 in a year for them to hold my cash so that I wouldnt spend it. 800$ a year for a no risk investment sounds good to me. Thats like gas money for a year right there.
yeah this is common. i made that aswell but now i see a bigger potential in investing and im interessted in economy and financials so i ma going that way.
 9 years ago '04        #16
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,888 | Props total: 2000 2000
From my Investings professor who also owns his own Adivising company he told us to NEVER put our money in a CD. While the economy is down now most people know it will eventually go back up and if you want long term investing a Mutual Fund is the smartest way to make money. I put money in mine whenever I can and I'm trying to put more in there now then ever before because I know right now my 200 dollars gets me 15 shares of the fund, when it use to get me like 8 or something like that (numbers aren't exact). I know if I buy now when the market is low and sell when I'm ready to retire and it's higher again, I'll be a millionaire....
 9 years ago '07        #17
[MK] 
space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 438 438
max out your roth ira each year. put the rest in ur mattress...lol
 9 years ago '05        #18
240sx 
space
space
$4,401 | Props total: 1446 1446
Cd's are around 2% and that sucks, but the only plus is that you will not be able to get at it. , its easy to start picking at it and 30 turns to 20, so lock it up and go make another 30.
 9 years ago '09        #19
Smackin Suckas  OP
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
From my Investings professor who also owns his own Adivising company he told us to NEVER put our money in a CD. While the economy is down now most people know it will eventually go back up and if you want long term investing a Mutual Fund is the smartest way to make money. I put money in mine whenever I can and I'm trying to put more in there now then ever before because I know right now my 200 dollars gets me 15 shares of the fund, when it use to get me like 8 or something like that (numbers aren't exact). I know if I buy now when the market is low and sell when I'm ready to retire and it's higher again, I'll be a millionaire....
thats good to know! i'll have to look into some mutual funds!
 9 years ago '06        #20
rell923 1 heat pts
space
space
$593 | Props total: 18 18
1 word FOREX

Hope to see ya at the top
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy