The Official Madden '10 Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #541
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
anybody in North Carolina find the game yet?
 8 years ago '07        #542
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
n*ggas are getting the game this early fo real ?
 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM         #543
deymohn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice game.
 8 years ago '06        #544
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,970 | Props total: 10613 10613
man wonder when this will get ripped.....hopin by the 7th but have a gut feelin it wil rip late this year...madden usually is out a week before release though
 8 years ago '04        #545
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
my hook up store said they will have it next monday or tuesday evening at the latest
 08-04-2009, 05:31 AM         #546
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:
Speaking of celebrating, there are a few cut scenes where a player will celebrate or teammates will celebrate with him, only he's not the player that actually scored. That seems odd to me. Another oddity occurs at halftime or when the referee is calling the penalty, as you will sometimes see players walking right through the zebra.

Injury cut scenes are available as well. Some of these include doctors and players looking on, and players limping off the field (haven't seen a stretcher yet or an ambulance running over anyone). Speaking of injured players, the commentating team will, on occasion, say the player won't be coming back this game, only to see him on the very next series.

Commentary in general isn't too bad. The commentators will say certain stats a player has gotten to during a franchise, for example. Collinsworth also talks about some interesting team-specific things during certain periods of the game. There are also still some weird commentary anomalies. The weirdest one that I've heard a few times relates to the punting game. The duo will say the kicking team did not get a good bounce on a punt, only the punt will be pinned at the 1-yard line. That issue aside, crowd noise might be the best in the series, especially in a surround-sound environment.

One thing that really annoys me is the way the CPU handles the extra points and field goals. You cannot set up for them. By the time you see the team line up, they are kicking the ball. You have no time to adjust and attempt to block the kick.

Another thing that stands out to me is the stat overlays. After virtually every single play, there is a stat overlay. If an offensive player is involved in a big play, stats of that player will be shown. If it's a defensive play, stats of that player are shown. During franchise mode some of the stat overlays will show where you rank in total offense, passing, and so on. It's a very welcome addition.

At the team select screen, you can choose various combos of pants, helmets and jerseys, so there shouldnít be any complaints here. Teams also play like their real-life counterparts. The Patriots and Colts are pass happy, while the Viking and Chiefs like to run the ball -- and they will stick with that game plan even if things aren't going well. Of course late in the game, running teams will have to adjust their playbooks if they are down.

If the AI is up big and has the ball with under two minutes remaining, I have on occasion witnessed it still airing it out. But let's not get too excited about this because I've only seen it on occasion. One other thing that annoys me happens near the end of the game: The game displays the player of the game before the final whistle. The problem is that there have been countless times where I have made a comeback to win a game after the player of the game graphic was already displayed. So they should probably just display it after the game is over.

I need to talk about the actual gameplay. On offense it really does feel different when walking out on the field against a defense. It seems like almost every game there is a new wrinkle, especially with divisional opponents. I'm not sure if the developers programmed it that way or not, but I'm telling you it seems to be there. Playing the Eagles on the road was no picnic -- never have I been so dominated by the AI in any football game, ever. The Eagles were blitzing me from all sorts of angles, and I never knew where they were coming from next.

But while the AI had no issues getting pressure on me, I could not get much pressure on the opposing QB (this is where the slider guys can work their magic). I have tried a few slider settings, but haven't played around with them as much as I'd like to. For the record, I have not recorded a sack while using a defensive lineman. When blitzing with a linebacker, I have had more luck, but it still seems to be very hard to do. If I'm using DeMarcus Ware, I expect to get a little pressure with him, but I have yet to do so. I can understand this when controlling a regular player, but superstars should be more effective. Again, I haven't played too much with the sliders here, so upcoming articles will tell the story.

But at least the AI lets me set up my defense before making the snap -- I usually have five to seven seconds to adjust before the AI snaps the ball. I have not seen any super-human linebackers or unrealistic swats by the defensive backs either.

Also on defense, you can spotlight an offensive player to draw more attention to him. You can use the defensive lockdown feature and make sure your best defender covers the opposing teamís best receiver.

Pro-Tak really isn't a gimmick, it makes Madden feel like football. No longer do I see players just standing around when a player is getting tackled right in front of them. It's real football, and I'm so happy something like this was implemented. I also think it will help in other departments of gameplay next year. There are still times, however, when momentum and physics take a backseat, but the game has still come a long way. In case you are wondering, the most players I have seen interacting with each other during a Pro-Tak sequence is six.

When running with the horses like Jacobs and Barber, it is simply put, amazing. Going inside the tackles and bruising the linebackers and safeties just feels great, because of the way the game shows off the sheer power of these guys. But then you have the quick and shifty "All Day" which is a totally different animal that the defense has to deal with on a play-by-play basis. Finding the holes and getting skinny just feels right, along with the great Pro-Tak animations and breaking out of tackles.

The Wildcat is fun with Miami, but for most other teams itís something you may run on occasion. One cool thing I've seen is that the refs will blow the play dead if a player doesn't go down while players are forcing him backwards. QB sneaks have also been tweaked. So instead of an automatic first down, you can actually get stuffed.

All in all, Madden NFL 10 has brought the fun back to the running game.

Does the AI throw the ball deep? Thankfully, yes it does. On more than a few occasions, I've seen the AI throw deep, and most of the time it's because I'm locked into man to man with no safety over the top. When I'm passing the ball, I'm seeing the defensive backs jamming the wide receivers, which causes them to get off of their routes, and leads me to go to my next read(s). I like that element because it forces you to really scan the field, making decisions before the pressure is on top of you. But on the other hand, sometimes it feels as though it is too easy to bump the receivers off their routes.

Screen passes are sort of hit or miss. I've had a few where the play actually developed like it should, then others where linemen seemed to be lost and the running back seemed to forget the play. On the plus side, I like being able to loft a pass over a linebacker and under the safety.

I have yet to run back a punt return for six, but I've had a few kickoff returns go the distance.

As a final note, I'm currently involved in an online franchise with a few developers and other sites. I'm currently 4-1 and have yet to see any glaring issues. The stats are fairly basic -- no QB rating being one thing that I've noticed is missing. I haven't tried any trading or any out of the ordinary things -- just trying to get my game in for the day. It seems like the developers are advancing the franchise to the next week at the start of each new day, so I'll get more information on this mode as we progress further into the season.

Final Thoughts

The bottom line is that this game has improved drastically in one year, and I haven't been this excited about Madden in a very long time -- I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

The next article will cover franchise mode, so check it out a little later this week, along with maybe a few other things.
Some of this stuff is already in the old maddens, like the game mvp has always been messed up.

What are the biggest additions?
 8 years ago '04        #547
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
 smokeweed101. said:
Some of this stuff is already in the old maddens, like the game mvp has always been messed up.

What are the biggest additions?
They brag about the stuff they bring back and say they are brand new. That s**t is hilarious why don't they bring it back and don't talk so much about it and actually talk about the new game play addition ( which they have been doing a bit) and additions they add to the other modes.
 08-04-2009, 06:35 AM         #548
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
madden will be here b4 we know it

Last edited by rawproduct03; 08-04-2009 at 06:41 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #549
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907
^^ u kiddin me? I'm sittin next to my mailbox right now. ready to rush the mail man somethin serious
 08-04-2009, 05:13 PM         #550
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank god they're making the running better, I always make myself a big a.ss trucking back, and last year the animations seemed hit or miss. I love chucking dudes out of the way, but it never seemed like I did this to anyone:

[video - click to view]

And I hoped they've fixed the AI's passing, last year they screen passed 75% of the time, and when they did they wouldn't turn up field they'd just run out of bounds... anyone else notice that?
 8 years ago '07        #551
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
^^^well, if u played the demo, and you played against the steelers, you know how well the cpu runs and passes the ball; willie parker follows his blocks very well.

I played on all madden and the steelers beat the fukk out of me 52-0
 8 years ago '07        #552
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space

[video - click to view]

fuk tha hataz
 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM         #553
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:

fuk tha hataz
Holy s**t... :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 08-04-2009, 10:06 PM         #554
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:

fuk tha hataz
After seeing this,I know I'm going to cop it ,now I just have to wait until my 360 comes back from repairs:angry12:
 08-04-2009, 10:07 PM         #555
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wish I owned madden...these fiends would make a n*gga RICH
 8 years ago '04        #556
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 jhj26 said:

fuk tha hataz
why EA gotta show a Orton INT by Merriroid damn you EA!

nah but really after the INT the Broncos offense was actually lookin nice on Madden 10 can't wait

9 more days!!!!!!!!!!

edit: the broadcast cam is cool but i'd like to see less of behind the QB and more downfield right now that would be kind of hard to play.

Last edited by K1; 08-05-2009 at 06:22 AM..
 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM         #557
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

08-05-2009, 11:54 AM         #558
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This n*gga's voice is funny

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #559
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Mcmasterlock said:
This n*gga's voice is funny

that dude = :hay:

tecmo bowl was the s**t, but to say he doesnt play football games now cause he misses tecmo bowl?! negro please.
 08-05-2009, 01:56 PM         #560
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:

fuk tha hataz
Why would you want to play like that? fuk the useless stuff
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago