Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
56757 pageviews
1415 comments

jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,677 | Props total: 1337 1337
The Official Madden '10 Thread

Official Madden 10 Thread

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://sports.espn.go.com .. deo?id=4159044

thought i'd share this with you....fiendz

1415 comments for "The Official Madden '10 Thread"

9 years ago '05        #2
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
they been talking about this for years now looks like they finally did it
 05-13-2009, 10:57 PM         #3
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
seems cool but only if they use it with discretion cuz im a fan of defense and imma be mad if they let every f**kin player get an extra 2 and 3 yards like everytime
 05-13-2009, 11:18 PM         #4
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God damn gimmicks...
 9 years ago '07        #5
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
It's not a gimmick, it really happens in football
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-14-2009, 02:46 AM         #6
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:
It's not a gimmick, it really happens in football
Posted via Mobile Device
I know that, but it looks like they won't execute it well.
 9 years ago '07        #7
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
 GhostDigga said:
I know that, but it looks like they won't execute it well.
the producer has been heavily communicating back and forth with the operation sports community. He has honestly been asking for feedback and then goes back and actually fixes shyt.
 9 years ago '04        #8
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
god I hate monopolies
 9 years ago '07        #9
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
Pre-E3 2009: Madden NFL 10 Hands-on:

[pic - click to view]

Pre-E3 2009: Madden NFL 10 Hands-on
The most realistic football ever seen from the series.
by Nate Ahearn

May 15, 2009 - Playing Madden NFL 10 with the new Pro-Tak system in place makes you realize just how large a gap there was from every other game in the series to real football. But that's not the only reason why this year's Madden is looking like one of the best to date. I got the chance to spend some time with Madden 10 and came away very pleased with the new, re-focused development strategy employed with this year's game.

So why is Pro-Tak so game-changing? Well, think of it this way: football is 50% running the ball and 50% throwing the ball (give or take depending on your choice of team). How many times in an NFL game do you see a running back's legs churning for yards, only to be stopped by a gang of tacklers? If a back doesn't make it into the defensive backfield then chances are it's going to be a hell of a lot more than one or two guys bringing him down. That's where Pro-Tak comes into play. It allows for up to nine guys to get in on the tackle and affect the movement of the pile.

Pro-Tak at work.

What's more, if your running back is still churning his legs and the refs have yet to blow the play dead (another addition to this year's game) you can switch off of your struggling back, control an offensive lineman, and add him to the pile in an effort to push your man farther up-field. Of course this stuff isn't confined to the running game, but chances are you'll notice it the most when you try and hit a hole up the middle or get caught in your backfield by a blitzing linebacker. Pro-Tak – as much as it pains me to repeat an EA marketing line – really does make you feel like you're f!ghting for every yard.

Another big change that I actually didn't realize until I got my hands on NCAA Football 10 is the change in the general game speed of Madden. I was told by a producer that this year's game has been reduced in speed by 5% to bring it more in line with reality. Now guys supposedly run a realistic 40-yard sprint, unlike before. Also more realistic are the jukes that you'll see from running backs. Gone are the days of running full-steam ahead and then doing a hop-step to the left or right. Now it's a much more subtle and realistic looking movement with the same desired effect.

The decrease in overall speed should lend itself to the new pocket presence feature that EA Sports is trying to push. But honestly, I didn't feel it much in my demo with a pre-beta build. I was able to still hold back on the left stick and run away from my offensive line before flinging a pass thirty yards to a receiver. I never got sacked and rarely felt pressure from the outside like the new pocket design intends. When I did feel pressure the controller rumbled to let me know that defenders were breathing down my neck. On a few occurrences they even got close enough to force a duck pass rather than a perfect spiral like you would've seen in previous years.

Right stick quarterback movements apparently can be useful.

Other changes to the passing game include the ability to maneuver ever so slightly in the pocket with the right stick to avoid pressure and redesigned, player-specific animations. Firstly, I never found the benefit of the right stick controls in my relatively short time with Madden 10. Making the jump from your receiver buttons to the right stick completely ties your hands when you want to make a pass quickly. I found it much easier to use the traditional left stick movement option.

Secondly, quarterback animations have been greatly improved from last year. It's not something that I found to impact gameplay, but when I was shown screenshots of marquee quarterbacks hurling the pigskin the changes were very recognizable. Whether it's the position of their left hand on the ball when dropping back or how the ball is oriented in relation to their body when bringing it back to throw, every quarterback throws the ball differently. Just like in the real NFL. And yes, these authentic styles trickle down to the kickers as well.

The potentially troubling fumble mini-game was something that I was lucky enough to experience during my hands-on time. Two players leaped at the ball on the ground and, sure enough, an interface appeared that prompted me to start tapping a button. It was much slicker than what I saw a few weeks ago in New York, but it's still worrisome. How often is it going to happen? Is there a fumble recovery rating that will dictate how hard it is to rip the ball from some AI opponents? It wasn't hard at all for me to win the struggle. Here's hoping they can make it a special occurrence rather than a severe annoyance.

Depth of field is all over Madden NFL 10.

Presentation, something that was seriously lacking in the first Madden iterations on current-gen systems, has seen a nice overhaul. Pre-game you'll notice camera angles that show concession stands handing hot dogs to fans and people making their way to their seats. During the action there will be detailed cutscenes (not the low-resolution models like in last year's game) showing players warming up on the sideline. If your quarterback is taking a licking on the field you'll see him trot over to the sideline and pick up a phone to talk to the coach's box. The chain gang is also present, as are all of the refs that should be on the field. And yes, you can truck into them.

Just don't run into them too hard or you might injure one of your star players. Do that, and you'll be greeted with a new injury mechanic. It won't happen immediately – depending on the severity of the injury your man might need to be helped off the field by other players – but once the problem is diagnosed you'll be shown a screen that tells you what's injured, how severe it is and then you'll be given the option to put him back in the game. You'll be given a rating that tells you how good he'll be once he's back on the field and you'll see the likelihood of him re-injuring himself. It's sort of like Blitz The League, but without the steroid use.

Huddle up!

While the version of Madden NFL 10 that I played was fun, and the new additions were hugely appreciated, all was not well with the pre-beta build. There are myriad framerate hiccups that need to be ironed out before this puppy ships and there are some cool camera angles that are currently completely busted. The team at Tiburon is well-aware of everything I'm talking about and I'm sure they'll smooth things out as much as possible before the launch date hits.

Madden NFL 10 is scheduled to ship on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Wii, PSP and iPhone on August 14.

source: IGN:
 9 years ago '06        #10
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10637 10637
ehhhhhh.....not sure i'm liking this pro-tak s**t.I mean if it happens every once in a while it's ok but i got a feeling everytime u get hit at the line or 1-2 yard gain it's goin to be a scrub and sounds like people will be abusing the hell outta this with switchin to other guys and bumpin the rb up a few yards....and what the hell is up with the fumble s**t where u tap buttons?Hopefully it's ok though...another thing they said they slowed the speed 5%...i felt 09 was much faster then 08 so are they takin it back to what the speed was in 08 or even slower?

i like all the other s**t they said though and can't wait for this s**t
 05-15-2009, 12:24 PM         #11
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NFL 2K5 has almost all of this.
 9 years ago '07        #12
jhj26 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
^^^here we go; Ian has already admitted that he sat down and studied NFL 2k5 to look at everything they did better than madden. He's basically gonna steal their shytt and make it better. He has also stated that after Madden '10, no one will ever bring up NFL 2k5 again. Yeah, this new producer talks a lot of shytt and is much more aggressive than David Ortiz.
 9 years ago '04        #13
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,464 | Props total: 6410 6410
sounds good to me
 9 years ago '05        #14
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
regardless im buying this
 05-16-2009, 03:27 AM         #15
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDigga said:
NFL 2K5 has almost all of this.

man will you get off 2k5's d**k.....every madden thread its 2k5 this 2k5 that.LET IT GO b***h
 05-16-2009, 04:22 AM         #16
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
man will you get off 2k5's d**k.....every madden thread its 2k5 this 2k5 that.LET IT GO b***h
Alright damn n*gga, I'm just telling you the truth.
 9 years ago '04        #17
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 522 522
Sounding nice. Day one cop as usual, but I'm going to need to see more of this new pocket presence gameplay.
 05-16-2009, 07:12 AM         #18
brayan99 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not like on madden 09 where you have to sit and pick the plays...i mean the announcers sit back and analyze the top plays and provide commentary for them..

Would be sick.

And also look at other teams top plays.
 9 years ago '06        #19
Big Daddy K8806 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 29 29
NFL 2k5 had somethin similar to that, its funny how 5 years later Madden is still tryin to surpass a game that came out so long ago
 9 years ago '07        #20
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
AHHHHHH LETS f**kING GO....i cant wait joe
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy