Official BET Awards 2009 Discussion Thread Featuring A Michael Jackson Tribute/STREAM LINK ADDED

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #2481
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
i thought the show was pretty decent considering the time frame they had to work with. people gotta realize that they had to revamp the entire show in 3 days so they could do a mj tribute, if they went with what they originally had it woulda been better.
 8 years ago '05        #2482
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
i still cant get over the "MJ IS GUNS" lmao f**kin terrible.
 06-29-2009, 10:40 AM         #2483
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The more I think about and recap the award show the more I hate it. Seriously, what was Soulja Boy doing at the award show? His first week numbers were lower than the Air Force One jet over Manhattan. I guess the people who were putting the show together said "Lets do something for the kids too."

I'm not a fan of Gucci, but his buzz was just as big as Drake's buzz during its prime. I think he deserved to be at the award show if Drake got a chance to perform.

Jamie Foxx took advantage of the show by plugging his tour every chance he got and performing in almost every damn performance. No-one stood out to me not even Jay-z who should have never been there.

Jay-z just released his single, how the f**k does he get a time-slot In the show? I think Jadakiss should have replaced Jay-z, Eminem should have been asked to perform & apologize for all of the things he said about Michael, and Gucci should have replaced Soulja Boy.

Mary Mary did a good job, their mic presence was great and I could actually understand the lyrics, everything flowed smooth with them.

BET tries to satisfy viewers (by having someone perform for kids, old folks, and everyone in the middle) instead actually honoring people who actually deserve it. Eminem had a great album with numbers to back it up I think he should have been there.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 06-29-2009 at 10:43 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #2484
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3538 3538
 meepos said:
i still cant get over the "MJ IS GUNS" lmao f**kin terrible.
Yea, that skit had to be the worst...the audience all was like "ooooooooooo" ...like they were back in middle school and somebody just talked back to teacher.

....and don't forget the "F.uck all them other channels" part. (uncensored)
 8 years ago '05        #2485
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,967 | Props total: 10898 10898
Of course the awards was horrible, I only watch it just to see who's lookin good and not.
 8 years ago '05        #2486
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,967 | Props total: 10898 10898
Oh and souljah boy's performance was so depressing. It looked like a talent show.
 8 years ago '07        #2487
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552 OP
space
space
$92,755 | Props total: 70329 70329
Bet showed nominations ONCE hahahaha...f**kin crappy a.ss s**t. What is that?
 8 years ago '06        #2488
AJ19872006 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,974 | Props total: 38 38
Dancin' and s**t.
 8 years ago '05        #2489
killacali86 
space
space
$2,154 | Props total: 19 19
they had 2 days to organize the show. i mean it was a valid attempt, but the show was still bootleg. I'm sure they did the best they could with short notice.
 8 years ago '04        #2490
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,589 | Props total: 440 440
That whole performance was just absolutely disgusting, it made me sick to my stomach as I watched it, literally. When he was singing "best I ever had" you can tell he couldn't hit those notes on the chorus so he just rapped it. It also showed you Lil wayne fans that Soulja boy might be just as good as a performer as wayne. That "Every girl" performance should of been taking offensive by the whole black community. It was a disgrace to hip hop and black culture in general, especially since there are so many talented people that don't get a chance to perform. Not to mention those 10 year old girls on stage, dancing to the song. I thought R Kelly was gonna come out for a remix.
 06-29-2009, 01:52 PM         #2491
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude clearly wasn't himself last night, dude tore his f**king ACL a*****e, i mean he couldn't give you a better performance u f**king a.ss
 8 years ago '04        #2492
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
It's funny, The Roots perform on the Jimmy Fallon show every night but people like Wayne and Soulja Boy get to perform at an Award show.

Last edited by efromthev; 06-29-2009 at 01:55 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #2493
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
He tore his ACL the day before, and still performed . And the censors didn't do anything to help the performance, half of Wayne's verse was censored, yet you could hear him say "dope dick" . He has had other horrible performances, but this performance doesn't prove anything.
 8 years ago '07        #2494
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
I had to change the channel, some ignorant s**t...
 8 years ago '06        #2495
6thward 
space
space
$641 | Props total: 2 2
I did find it weird to have 10yr old girls on stage for a song about f**king every girl you see.
 8 years ago '04        #2496
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
what does a torn acl have to do with his voice?
 06-29-2009, 02:04 PM         #2497
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao, people thinking it would be different if he didnt tear his ACL..
He just washed up he no good i aint never heard a n*gga say they
like him in the hood - 50 Cent
 8 years ago '04        #2498
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE]what does a torn acl have to do with his voice?/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. If anything him not moving around and dancing should of helped his ability to sing.
 06-29-2009, 02:05 PM         #2499
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga degrassi drake is wac
 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM         #2500
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:
That whole performance was just absolutely disgusting, it made me sick to my stomach as I watched it, literally. When he was singing "best I ever had" you can tell he couldn't hit those notes on the chorus so he just rapped it. It also showed you Lil wayne fans that Soulja boy might be just as good as a performer as wayne. That "Every girl" performance should of been taking offensive by the whole black community. It was a disgrace to hip hop and black culture in general, especially since there are so many talented people that don't get a chance to perform. Not to mention those 10 year old girls on stage, dancing to the song. I thought R Kelly was gonna come out for a remix.
#1 - How does one subpar performance prove that he's garbage?

#2- Why would the whole black community take offense to Every Girl? Last I heard they weren't singing "I wish I could f**k every black girl in the world"..

#3- Why are you such a f**king idiot?

#4- Doesn't Eminem make songs about sticking gerbils up his a.ss, jerking off to Hannah Montana, gay incest r*pe, a paralyzed man in a wheelchair, farting, hating black girls, and other miscellaneous bulls**t? And that's not more of a disgrace to the hip-hop culture and black community then Every Girl? Shut the f**k up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy