>>>Official Palm Pre Thread<<<

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #101
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,981 | Props total: 1295 1295
 Jersie said:
it streams not downloads :( ... ne one kno y it dont upload to picturemail too?
it streams what?

and i thought the pic mail worked flawless.
anything you send uploads to picmail, and worst case, just send them to your email
it will automatically upload like that too.

or just plug the phone into your computer and use as a flash drive?

as for ringtones, put mp3s on it and set as ringtone if im not mistaken
 9 years ago '04        #102
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
so how does the e-mail work? Is it like Blackberry's e-mail client?
yea, email is so official
 9 years ago '04        #103
rayray2fly 
space
space
$144 | Props total: 0 0
I picked up mine but my only gripe is the fact that I cant sync it with MS Outlook or Palm Desktop and you cant sync memos and tasks at all. I use my s**t for business purposes and that sync issue might have me returning it if its not fixed(update) or an App is dropped soon. Other than that, the phone lives up to the hype.
 9 years ago '04        #104
AnaMayShun 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,430 | Props total: 7 7
 rayray2fly said:
I picked up mine but my only gripe is the fact that I cant sync it with MS Outlook or Palm Desktop and you cant sync memos and tasks at all. I use my s**t for business purposes and that sync issue might have me returning it if its not fixed(update) or an App is dropped soon. Other than that, the phone lives up to the hype.
If you have a Gmail account, you can export the files to your desktop. Then go to Gmail and import it and Gmail will put it there. That's what I had to do.
 9 years ago '04        #105
rayray2fly 
space
space
 AnaMayShun said:
If you have a Gmail account, you can export the files to your desktop. Then go to Gmail and import it and Gmail will put it there. That's what I had to do.
Yea...thats if you want to use gmail which means if u use outlook u have to add gmail and make it sync to there and that still doesn't allow sync of tasks and memos. Hopefully an app will address that though because im not feeling KNOWINGLY allowing all of my personal s**t sit on gmail.
 9 years ago '05        #106
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 1687 1687
 rayray2fly said:
Yea...thats if you want to use gmail which means if u use outlook u have to add gmail and make it sync to there and that still doesn't allow sync of tasks and memos. Hopefully an app will address that though because im not feeling KNOWINGLY allowing all of my personal s**t sit on gmail.

No you dont need to do that.
Yesterday i got mine, and was having the same problem, but there is a program you can download that will allow you to transfer over your contacts from outlook

There is a button on the top, just click and download the program, plug in your pre and select run as "usb drive" and it will sync all your contacts with all their info, all your memos, and anything else you had in your outlook

ONLY problem i had, and if this is a business phone for you, then it might not be a problem for you, is that i sync'd it with my facebook account too, and if you didnt include last names on your outlook contacts, then you will have alot of duplicate entries that you will need to link together

Last edited by FalconBuddha; 06-07-2009 at 02:29 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #107
Jersie 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,017 | Props total: 0 0
 Grisly said:
it streams what?

and i thought the pic mail worked flawless.
anything you send uploads to picmail, and worst case, just send them to your email
it will automatically upload like that too.

or just plug the phone into your computer and use as a flash drive?

as for ringtones, put mp3s on it and set as ringtone if im not mistaken
when i go 2 myxer.com which is a mp3 site u can download ringtones use 2 use it all the time with my treo when u click download it just streams it.. and it sends pics fine but does NOT upload to picturemail which SUCKS cuz i like having all my pictures online backed up when i need them... ne reason why?

btw the battery life SUX! so use 2 treo battery and it charges slow.. other then that i like it ;)
 9 years ago '04        #108
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
^^ yea, it should link right up and read whats in your Outlook or Palm Desktop

now, i dont know how the phone syncs, i havent synced at all yet as far as contacts and all go

i'd have to imagine it uses Outlook or something though.
unless it comes with its own software.
 9 years ago '04        #109
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Jersie said:
when i go 2 myxer.com which is a mp3 site u can download ringtones use 2 use it all the time with my treo when u click download it just streams it.. and it sends pics fine but does NOT upload to picturemail which SUCKS cuz i like having all my pictures online backed up when i need them... ne reason why?

btw the battery life SUX! so use 2 treo battery and it charges slow.. other then that i like it ;)
i'll agree battery life isn't optimal, but if you've used ANY modern smartphone (iPhone, Touch Pro, G1), it's basically on par, and possibly better IMO.
 9 years ago '04        #110
Jersie 1 heat pts
space
space
also can u get yahoo messenger? i see aim and google talk.. but no ymssgr?
 9 years ago '04        #111
rayray2fly 
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:
No you dont need to do that.
Yesterday i got mine, and was having the same problem, but there is a program you can download that will allow you to transfer over your contacts from outlook

There is a button on the top, just click and download the program, plug in your pre and select run as "usb drive" and it will sync all your contacts with all their info, all your memos, and anything else you had in your outlook

ONLY problem i had, and if this is a business phone for you, then it might not be a problem for you, is that i sync'd it with my facebook account too, and if you didnt include last names on your outlook contacts, then you will have alot of duplicate entries that you will need to link together
Yea, the thing with that is that its a one way-one time sync...it allows you to get all of your stuff onto the phone BUT your stuff on the phone cant be synced back with your desktop and their is no program included or available at the present time like the old hotsync. The new sync is wireless but you either sync through gmail OR an exchange server(your company, school, or somebody has to have one) then still your memos and tasks don't sync. Like I said...this is cool if u want all ur s**t on gmail or dont use outlook but this may be important to people who used their old treo or phone combined with outlook or a desktop program for business purposes. You expect certain s**t from palm and even blackberry and If i wanted a phone just to touch, listen to music, etc I could have just gotten an iphone or some s**t. Just a heads up if you're expecting the same functionality as the treo or a WM phone.

Last edited by rayray2fly; 06-07-2009 at 05:45 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #112
1OverJordan24 122 heat pts122
space
space
$3,946 | Props total: 978 978
I am really pissed that I haven't gotten the palm pre. I've been waiting to get this phone ever since january. Sprint wants me to get rid of my employee discount plan and get the palm pre plans. Sprint and Palm are two stupid companies. they both are down right now how bout ya sell the phone outright and get money. Sprint are idiots for being the only place that carries the phone that still has the mail-in-rebate. And palm are dumb a.sses for not shipping alot of the phones out they knew if they didn't do that their would be some left and the media would say that they failed. oh well I want to know is if I buy the phone off of ebay would they still want me to get the palm pre plan. cuz the plan I have has unlimited data what else do they want....
 9 years ago '05        #113
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 rayray2fly said:
Yea, the thing with that is that its a one way-one time sync...it allows you to get all of your stuff onto the phone BUT your stuff on the phone cant be synced back with your desktop and their is no program included or available at the present time like the old hotsync. The new sync is wireless but you either sync through gmail OR an exchange server(your company, school, or somebody has to have one) then still your memos and tasks don't sync. Like I said...this is cool if u want all ur s**t on gmail or dont use outlook but this may be important to people who used their old treo or phone combined with outlook or a desktop program for business purposes. You expect certain s**t from palm and even blackberry and If i wanted a phone just to touch, listen to music, etc I could have just gotten an iphone or some s**t. Just a heads up if you're expecting the same functionality as the treo or a WM phone.

guess everybody f**ks up in the basic features dept these days. who would have thought when u rush s**t u dont get it right the first time, but i seen one in action and it's not too bad, but not good enough to make someone get rid of a iphone for.
 9 years ago '04        #114
Jersie 1 heat pts
space
space
how do u forward texts on the palm pre HELP need to know asap!
 06-08-2009, 12:40 AM         #115
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NaMeLeSs- said:
cant release any photos. 5 People have been fired already
Posted via Mobile Device
you sound like a f*got.
 06-08-2009, 12:47 AM         #116
benzino 4 life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a phone is a phone at the end of the day no need 2 spend $500 just so u can say u got the newest phone
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '04        #117
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Jersie said:
also can u get yahoo messenger? i see aim and google talk.. but no ymssgr?
remember. WebOS is like 3 days old.
people have to develop applications for it still.
be patient.
Android sucked for like the first 6 months.
 9 years ago '04        #118
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 dmunson318 said:
guess everybody f**ks up in the basic features dept these days. who would have thought when u rush s**t u dont get it right the first time, but i seen one in action and it's not too bad, but not good enough to make someone get rid of a iphone for.
what does the iphone do that the palm pre doesn't?...
 9 years ago '04        #119
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Jersie said:
how do u forward texts on the palm pre HELP need to know asap!
i pray you never find out.
people who forward text messages are the WORST!
 9 years ago '04        #120
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
also, PALM PRE FULL USER GUIDE
(explains EVERYTHING)

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy