>>>Official Palm Pre Thread<<<

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 1331 1331
lmao right. n*gga bodied the thread wit that one.
 9 years ago '04        #42
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
just peeped another training on the Pre
here's something i havent seen mentioned yet.

the use of "profiles".

when your phone is first activated, everyone will be prompted to create a "Palm Profile"
you put in your first and last name and password.

this profile stores all your contacts, calendars, etc in case of a phone malfunction or similar issue.
it's as simple as getting a new Pre, re-entering your name and password into the new device, and all your previous information will re-populate the phone as if nothing changed.
very nice feature, i know ALOT of people who have issues with this type of stuff, or have to CONSTANTLY back their phone up to their PC (even though the smarter ones of the bunch have been using online synchronization for awhile, but this does simplify it)
 9 years ago '04        #43
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
^^ there isnt one. no expandable storage.

and actually nobody ever really got into details about what charging port it will use......i'm guessing micro USB, like the Treo800 or TreoPro
 9 years ago '04        #44
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
^^ cus it dont come out til June 6th
 9 years ago '04        #45
thekingpin 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 0 0
nameless, what's the word on battery life tho? pretty decent like the treo pro or what?
 9 years ago '04        #46
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
$9,296 | Props total: 3600 3600
 Grisly said:
^^ there isnt one. no expandable storage.

and actually nobody ever really got into details about what charging port it will use......i'm guessing micro USB, like the Treo800 or TreoPro

Its micro usb but for some reason, the ones out now wont work, you have to get one specificly made for the pre (lame)
 9 years ago '04        #47
space
space
 thekingpin said:
nameless, what's the word on battery life tho? pretty decent like the treo pro or what?
Battery is like 4 hours continuous use. Its not too bad sprint tv looks good as hell on here, better then any phone for some reason.
 9 years ago '04        #48
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
^^

he means 4 hours continous as in talk time.
if you talk on the phone on ANY phone for 4 hours, your s**t will almost be dead.
standby mode is probably like 3 days or some s**t.
which means if you make a few phone calls, and just text and s**t, you'll be good all day.

i use a touch pro, and if i can get through the day without having to charge it, i better not EVER hear anybody b***h about battery life, cus the Touch Pro battery life is a.ss.
 9 years ago '05        #49
Arceo 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$2,200 | Props total: 528 528
 NaMeLeSs- said:
Alright enough of the hate going on in my thread LOL it was funny for a lil while but now people are following the leader i guess yall havent seen my other thread thats been running since 2005 (check the sig)....

IF anyone has anything useful to contribute please feel free.

[pic - click to view]

neve messed with palm b4 but that s**ts hot..how the keyboard compared to that garbage centro lol
 05-24-2009, 07:56 PM         #50
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they said the battery was 5 hrs so 4 aint bad. The battery is removableas well so no worries. Already great news from this phone. How is the browser use?
 9 years ago '04        #51
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
^^ they said hands down its the best mobile browsing experience ever.

blows safari out of the water, and safari is a decent mobile browser.
 05-25-2009, 09:37 PM         #52
C-Murduh187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Niiiice!
 9 years ago '04        #53
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 wtr1906 said:
Alright, I have had a few days to play with the phone and I can give a few Pro's and Con's

PROS
Reliable Operating System. WebOS is new and never been used in a device before. So far, I haven't had it crash, delay, or freeze.
The Web Browser. Web is full webpage and the accelerometer works in every direction you turn the phone.
The External Keyboard. Although it is kinda small, it comes in handy instead of having it on the screen.

CONS
The housing feels kind of cheap. I work at a full service and repair store and I can see this phone coming in for being dropped and it be in 2 pieces. Its like hard plastic.
I wish the keyboard buttons were raised just a little bit more. I love the physical keyboard idea but if they had a little bit more texture to them, it would be perfect.
The capability to save pics from the web. I'm sure this will be available with future updates but as of right now, you can't browse the web and save pics to the device. Also you can't highlight, cut, and paste text from the web :(

Overall, phone works, feels, and performs great. This phone will truely change the game and I think Sprint is headed in the right direction and Sat. June 6, is gonna to be organized chaos and I can't wait. Let me post some pics so nigs on Boxden won't think I'm just making sh!t up

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Gotta love the mirror on the backside of the phone when its slid up :lachen001:
i have to disagree with one of your cons though.

the hardware on this phone is top notch.
it may "feel" cheap, or plasticky, but i guarantee you that thing is solid.

i also work at a sprint service and repair center, so you should already know that the phone is deemed "unrepairable".......they're doing this because of the Pre's "sealed form factor"

attempting to take apart a Pre would possibly lead to irrepairable damage. (if you were trying to clean the boards or re sodder a connection or something)

it's an advanced exchange only phone.

so the casing is top notch. by making a phone exchange only, i'm pretty sure they took steps to make sure cosmetically it would hold up. they lose money every time they have to exchange a device. they'd MUCH rather repair it.

they put ALOT of thought and time into the design.

so i gotta imagine it's gonna be a solid device.
 9 years ago '07        #54
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
For those people who were asking about whether or not you can use the SERO plan with the Palm Pre, here is a document to answer those questions:

EDIT: Can someone tell me how to upload a pdf file because it won't let me do it thru photobucket etc
 9 years ago '06        #55
lexball50 
space
space
$2,107 | Props total: 192 192
Aight b***hes im back. Props on the pics if they really are yours though. I aint got no hate against you nameless, I just hate motherf**kers fronting online or in real life. So if the phone really is yours then props.
 9 years ago '04        #56
space
space
10 stores are having a special release party (invite only) June 5th. Its gonna be a big deal, Each store has NFL stars attending. Representing that area, except for NY where Star Jones is attending.... for whatever reason.

Last edited by NaMeLeSs-; 03-18-2010 at 09:05 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #57
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
 NaMeLeSs- said:
10 stores are having a special release party (invite only) may 5th. Its gonna be a big deal, Each store has NFL stars attending. Representing that area, except for NY where Star Jones is attending.... for whatever reason.
*June 5 (I knew that's what you meant) but I'm mad every Corporate store was having the party then all of a sudden they changed it. It sucks we aren't having the Pre-Party anymore but I already have customers talking about camping out because on June 6th we open at 8am so if anyone plans on getting one, I suggest you get there early because they will sell out
 9 years ago '04        #58
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Grisly said:
i have to disagree with one of your cons though.

the hardware on this phone is top notch.
it may "feel" cheap, or plasticky, but i guarantee you that thing is solid.

i also work at a sprint service and repair center, so you should already know that the phone is deemed "unrepairable".......they're doing this because of the Pre's "sealed form factor"

attempting to take apart a Pre would possibly lead to irrepairable damage. (if you were trying to clean the boards or re sodder a connection or something)

it's an advanced exchange only phone.

so the casing is top notch. by making a phone exchange only, i'm pretty sure they took steps to make sure cosmetically it would hold up. they lose money every time they have to exchange a device. they'd MUCH rather repair it.

they put ALOT of thought and time into the design.

so i gotta imagine it's gonna be a solid device.
how can you agree or disagree with anything he says? you dont have the phone.

Reminder feature looks nice though.

Last edited by hockeythug; 05-28-2009 at 01:07 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #59
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
 hockeythug said:
how can you agree or disagree with anything he says? you dont have the phone.

Reminder feature looks nice though.
seen and used one this morning....

getting a full-fledged 30 day demo of it tonight to use....

9 years ago '04        #60
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,330 | Props total: 2734 2734
well ATT and Verizon now said that they will have the Pre by the end of the year so i guess im getting the Palm Pre this year instead of the Storm 2 or Touch pro 2.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now