>>>Official Palm Pre Thread<<<

most viewed right now
 87
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 72
NBA When Doug Collins Switched Michael Jordan To PG Video, 10 Triple Doubles I..
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 60
Video inside Lil Tay’s family is coaching her to say the N word.
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
87 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-18-2009, 09:30 PM         #281
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kendreezy said:
So I went and copped the Pre after all the hype, and maybe I'm trippin, but it doesn't seem to be all that. I've have the treo 650 and the 755 and I like the security measures on the phone, and the Pre just doesn't have it

I like being able to program my phone to lock up after x amount of hours of use, or once a day/night, and once after I fully charge it. I thought the 755 was good for that.

And I like being able to program my Treo's text tones. I can't do that with the Pre.

I like being able to be ignore a call, and send a quick text to my caller.

I like being able to cut and save a picture off the internet on the Palm 755. The Pre fails there too.

I like being able to send a pre-scripted quick text.

The Pre doesn't do any of the above, and I'm guessing I'm going to find out more of what it doesn't too later on.

Also, this phone takes forever to charge.

And it doesn't do Bluetooth file transfers (WTF?)

Overall, I think this phone just looks good. It does have some good features and apps

I do like the way it feels in my pocket. The 755 was a brick beast.

I do like how my computer reads it as an iPod.

I do like that it has 8 gigs

Maybe I'm trippin, or I haven't had it long enough. But I'm not too impressed.
Some of the complaints are valid...

But what security measure are you missing? You can password protect it, do a remote wipe if it's lost/stolen...and you can change the text tone by downloading MyNotification. Go to Precentral.net for info on how to install homebrew apps.
 9 years ago '06        #282
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 kendreezy said:
So I went and copped the Pre after all the hype, and maybe I'm trippin, but it doesn't seem to be all that. I've have the treo 650 and the 755 and I like the security measures on the phone, and the Pre just doesn't have it

I like being able to program my phone to lock up after x amount of hours of use, or once a day/night, and once after I fully charge it. I thought the 755 was good for that.

And I like being able to program my Treo's text tones. I can't do that with the Pre.

I like being able to be ignore a call, and send a quick text to my caller.

I like being able to cut and save a picture off the internet on the Palm 755. The Pre fails there too.

I like being able to send a pre-scripted quick text.

The Pre doesn't do any of the above, and I'm guessing I'm going to find out more of what it doesn't too later on.

Also, this phone takes forever to charge.

And it doesn't do Bluetooth file transfers (WTF?)

Overall, I think this phone just looks good. It does have some good features and apps

I do like the way it feels in my pocket. The 755 was a brick beast.

I do like how my computer reads it as an iPod.

I do like that it has 8 gigs

Maybe I'm trippin, or I haven't had it long enough. But I'm not too impressed.
Finally, some honesty lol
everyone keeps suggesting that the phone is perfect.
I think you are the first to have some valid complaints on it
Posted via Mobile Device
 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM         #283
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there are some improvements to be made, but it's still the a great phone

Since I'm pretty much stuck with Sprint, it's easily the best option. I wouldn't consider anything else until they come with an Android phone with a keyboard.
 9 years ago '04        #284
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,117 | Props total: 196 196
finally went ahead and put filecoaster on my phone... what are some of the better apps??? and no i dont care about mafia wars lol
 9 years ago '06        #285
The Scenario 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$4,393 | Props total: 3951 3951
Yeah, I think the only way to enjoy this phone is to totally "geek out" on it/hack it or spend HOURS on PalmPreCentral in order to download some cool stuff on it.

I'm finally got my Pre to "root" last nite, but now I can't seem to trick it out with the linux steps. I usually find my way around these things, but it's going to take some time--that sucks.

Still I'm not too impressed. If Palm wanted us all to be pushing buttons on our phone and keeping it wired to our computers, then they won. Phuck them and they mama for that.

I'm interested in a phone that I can pull out the box and hit the ground running. My time is too valuable to be reading threads and tweeking s**t just to have something cool.

I'm getting more and more upset at this phone--It AIN'T ALL THAT!

Luckily for me the Sprint store went thru 3 or 4 phones before they were able to get me up and running and then they forgot to charge me for this piece of s**t. I just walked out the door. The funny thing about it is that's the second time that's happened to me. LOL

So, I didn't lose any doe over it--and they deducted $50 from my account for my troubles. So....

Overall, I'm just keeping it real. I appreciate those who sorta cosigned. I really thought I was trippin.

So I'm going to spend some time to try to trick this piece of garbage out. If any1 has any easy tips as to how I can proceed from "root," or any other simple step-by-step procedures to add apps I'd appreciate it.

As for the lock issue: I don't like to have to unlock my phone every 5 mins. I like for it to lock up after I wake up, or after 5 or so hours of non-usage.

And maybe I'm being anal, but I don't like the play between the slider and the phone.

But the resolution is nice. YouTube loosk great!

Personally I roll with Sprint because they seem to have good service on the West Coast. I've never had an issue with their service. I've even been to PR and Brazil and my phone was the only one working between the people I was traveling with.

If Sprint surged with some better phones, they could really give ATT and the iPhone some better competition.

Peace y'all.
 9 years ago '04        #286
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,897 | Props total: 3418 3418
 Manny05 said:
Finally, some honesty lol
everyone keeps suggesting that the phone is perfect.
I think you are the first to have some valid complaints on it
Posted via Mobile Device
lol no one said its PERFECT.
but, to be fair, like 2% of the cell phone population even use any of the features dude mentioned.

ignore a call, then send a quick text?

i can do it pretty quickly on my Pre, i guess it's just not QUICK ENOUGH for dude.
 9 years ago '04        #287
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,897 | Props total: 3418 3418
 kendreezy said:
Yeah, I think the only way to enjoy this phone is to totally "geek out" on it/hack it or spend HOURS on PalmPreCentral in order to download some cool stuff on it.

I'm finally got my Pre to "root" last nite, but now I can't seem to trick it out with the linux steps. I usually find my way around these things, but it's going to take some time--that sucks.

Still I'm not too impressed. If Palm wanted us all to be pushing buttons on our phone and keeping it wired to our computers, then they won. Phuck them and they mama for that.

I'm interested in a phone that I can pull out the box and hit the ground running. My time is too valuable to be reading threads and tweeking s**t just to have something cool.

I'm getting more and more upset at this phone--It AIN'T ALL THAT!

Luckily for me the Sprint store went thru 3 or 4 phones before they were able to get me up and running and then they forgot to charge me for this piece of s**t. I just walked out the door. The funny thing about it is that's the second time that's happened to me. LOL

So, I didn't lose any doe over it--and they deducted $50 from my account for my troubles. So....

Overall, I'm just keeping it real. I appreciate those who sorta cosigned. I really thought I was trippin.

So I'm going to spend some time to try to trick this piece of garbage out. If any1 has any easy tips as to how I can proceed from "root," or any other simple step-by-step procedures to add apps I'd appreciate it.

As for the lock issue: I don't like to have to unlock my phone every 5 mins. I like for it to lock up after I wake up, or after 5 or so hours of non-usage.

And maybe I'm being anal, but I don't like the play between the slider and the phone.

But the resolution is nice. YouTube loosk great!

Personally I roll with Sprint because they seem to have good service on the West Coast. I've never had an issue with their service. I've even been to PR and Brazil and my phone was the only one working between the people I was traveling with.

If Sprint surged with some better phones, they could really give ATT and the iPhone some better competition.

Peace y'all.
wtf?

Palm doesnt WANT you to do ANY of that.

you just don't look at things in perspective.
it took iPhone a year for their app store.
Android took a little over 6 months before theirs was any good.

s**t like that just takes time, they have to BUILD an app store.

s**t just dont appear overnight, or just COME on the phone, a phone with an OS no one has ever seen before until it came out...........that's just common logic.

be patient. it'll be here very soon.

until then, enjoy the phone for what it is, which, out of the box compared to any other phone on the market, is still a great phone.

its just waiting on the App store to take it over the top.


Last edited by Grisly; 08-19-2009 at 03:26 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #288
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
exactly ^^
palm pre is a baby.
its bound to grow up and get better.
 9 years ago '04        #289
therealness 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,905 | Props total: 2250 2250
I agree with dude that said its lacking some basic s**t that the 755 had. Why no copy and paste out the box? Y no save a pic from the internet? No forward messages? No video camra? But I have my fingers cross with hopes that it will come soon. I have the filecoaster loaded up and many of the homebrew apps are nice. Can't wait until the official app store is up and running. Seems like its taking forever.

But once again. Is there anyway to put a password on picture folders? I take alot of dirty pictures with this nice a.ss cam and I don't need someone stumblin across them.
 9 years ago '06        #290
Riley Freeman 
space
avatar space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 39 39
 FalconBuddha said:
I installed the greatest version of dope wars ive ever played, and i think i spend 2-3 hours a day playing it at work
Where You Get Dope Warz From ?
 9 years ago '06        #291
The Scenario 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$4,393 | Props total: 3951 3951
 therealness said:
I agree with dude that said its lacking some basic s**t that the 755 had. Why no copy and paste out the box? Y no save a pic from the internet? No forward messages? No video camra? But I have my fingers cross with hopes that it will come soon. I have the filecoaster loaded up and many of the homebrew apps are nice. Can't wait until the official app store is up and running. Seems like its taking forever.

But once again. Is there anyway to put a password on picture folders? I take alot of dirty pictures with this nice a.ss cam and I don't need someone stumblin across them.
That's what Im saying!!!!!

Like you I got a gang of dirty pics on my phone and i'd hate for just anyone to have access to my pics if they pick up my phone. When my 755 got jacked, I didn't even trip. I knew it would lock up on a re-charge, at 3am, or after 5 hours of no use. THAT'S SECURITY.

But like you, I just want my pics to be secure.--at least.

But no bluetooth file transfers? C'mon. Thats' just basic.
 08-21-2009, 07:40 PM         #292
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^If your Pre gets stolen, you can just do a remote wipe, and everything is gone....

If your worried about people you know going through your phone, use the PIN code lock, or just don't give them your damn phone.
 9 years ago '06        #293
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 kendreezy said:
That's what Im saying!!!!!

Like you I got a gang of dirty pics on my phone and i'd hate for just anyone to have access to my pics if they pick up my phone. When my 755 got jacked, I didn't even trip. I knew it would lock up on a re-charge, at 3am, or after 5 hours of no use. THAT'S SECURITY.

But like you, I just want my pics to be secure.--at least.

But no bluetooth file transfers? C'mon. Thats' just basic.
Thats why i send all my pics to my email which is in my ipod touch WHiCh has a password lock 24/7 hehe lol
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '04        #294
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,897 | Props total: 3418 3418
 therealness said:
I agree with dude that said its lacking some basic s**t that the 755 had. Why no copy and paste out the box? Y no save a pic from the internet? No forward messages? No video camra? But I have my fingers cross with hopes that it will come soon. I have the filecoaster loaded up and many of the homebrew apps are nice. Can't wait until the official app store is up and running. Seems like its taking forever.

But once again. Is there anyway to put a password on picture folders? I take alot of dirty pictures with this nice a.ss cam and I don't need someone stumblin across them.
it does do copy and paste.

to copy, select the text, then put your finger on the gesture area and hold it, then press C
then when you want to paste, put your finger on the gesture area again and press V.

and smh @ ya'll havin c*ck pic photoshoots wit your Pre haha.
ya'll wild.
 9 years ago '06        #295
RAZAH CUTS 6066 heat pts6066
space
avatar space
space
$55,954 | Props total: 24495 24495
might be getting one of these in the days to come....

looking forward to that multi-browsing on the web....
 9 years ago '04        #296
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 29 29
Yo what are the best apps out for the Pre?
As in Apps to make it the ultimate phone. . .
Everything possible. . .
 9 years ago '04        #297
OaklandsFinest 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 25 25
 Bazzzzz said:
Yo what are the best apps out for the Pre?
As in Apps to make it the ultimate phone. . .
Everything possible. . .
that's not easy to sum up... it all depends on what you'll ultimately be using it for. Right now it has some of the basic apps u might use everyday () The operating system will only get better with time. The next webOS phone will be THEE s**tTTT!
 9 years ago '04        #298
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 29 29
 OaklandsFinest said:
that's not easy to sum up... it all depends on what you'll ultimately be using it for. Right now it has some of the basic apps u might use everyday () The operating system will only get better with time. The next webOS phone will be THEE s**tTTT!
I figured but a 20 something yr old. . .
Like GPS, Subway s**t, Location finder,
Movie thingy, Etc but I know what you mean. . .
 08-27-2009, 05:47 PM         #299
imagrapstar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
got alot of homebrew apps-apps folks made themselved to install on da pre, over 100
 9 years ago '07        #300
placez 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 49 49
no video option=FAIL!!!!!!!!1
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
576 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
98 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside New Air Jordan 10 Inspired by Russell Westbrook's High School Days
13 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 24
May 21 - Maryland police officer fatally shot, suspect on the loose
68 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside H1z1 drops on PS4 tomorrow, here’s 11 tips to dominate
53 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside AR-AB - Rivals (Cassidy Diss) (Official Music Video)
101 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Lil Kim Washed AF!!!
98 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy