>>>Official Palm Pre Thread<<<

most viewed right now
 153
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 111
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 103
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 82
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #181
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$6,987 | Props total: 1334 1334
Homebrew apps making their way to the Pre.


Want to change SMS sounds and other notifications?
theres now an app for that, read through the link.
still a bit buggy they say, but yea.

also, somebody brewed up a Tip Calculator
instructions to install follow the link


nothing extremely GROUNDBREAKING, but just a nice bit of info to show that you can basically do whatever you want with webOS, and the app catalog will soon be very embraced and quickly filled
3rd party support is definitely hard at work trying to crack WebOS and code without that SDK.


Last edited by Grisly; 06-23-2009 at 03:24 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #182
Jersie 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,017 | Props total: 0 0
just wrote up the instructions for how to download on myxer above...
 8 years ago '04        #183
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
Whats would you rate the phone so far?
 8 years ago '06        #184
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
 ddash said:
Whats would you rate the phone so far?
Lol i'm following you 100% man I want to know whats up with the pre also. I played with it like 5 secs on the sprint store this weekend.
 8 years ago '06        #185
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
 Grisly said:
Homebrew apps making their way to the Pre.


Want to change SMS sounds and other notifications?
theres now an app for that, read through the link.
still a bit buggy they say, but yea.

also, somebody brewed up a Tip Calculator
instructions to install follow the link


nothing extremely GROUNDBREAKING, but just a nice bit of info to show that you can basically do whatever you want with webOS, and the app catalog will soon be very embraced and quickly filled
3rd party support is definitely hard at work trying to crack WebOS and code without that SDK.
Yo grisly you think you will be able to change up the palm pre like people do with the touch pros?
 06-25-2009, 02:00 AM         #186
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ddash said:
Whats would you rate the phone so far?

 Blockburner28 said:
Lol i'm following you 100% man I want to know whats up with the pre also. I played with it like 5 secs on the sprint store this weekend.
So far, the phone is nice.

Only downside I have so far is the number of apps, but that will change pretty quickly. But everything that I use it for has worked great so far.
 8 years ago '04        #187
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
^^^^^
Yea that is what I pretty much thought
 8 years ago '04        #188
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
 Arkanjal said:
So far, the phone is nice.

Only downside I have so far is the number of apps, but that will change pretty quickly. But everything that I use it for has worked great so far.
agreed..




has anyone come across websites that wont load on your phone..? for example i always check our website for news... but when i go to cincinnati.com on the phone... i always get an error "failed writing received data to disk/application"
 8 years ago '07        #189
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 Arkanjal said:
So far, the phone is nice.

Only downside I have so far is the number of apps, but that will change pretty quickly. But everything that I use it for has worked great so far.
Yea I'm loving the phone so far. I struggled with keypad at first but now its nothing. Hopefully the problems I have with the phone are fixed with an update. Like not being able to record videos, save pics or any downloads off the net, streaming vids. Those are the main problems I hope gets fixed because I'm loving the phone so far
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #190
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$6,987 | Props total: 1334 1334
 Blockburner28 said:
Yo grisly you think you will be able to change up the palm pre like people do with the touch pros?
yes, and probably even more so.
the foundation of WebOS is open source.
not sure if you follow Android or the G1 at all, but they've been pretty successful in tweaking that OS, to the interface and etc.

so im guessing webos will be quite the same.

also, same premises as jailbreaking an iphone basically. just gonna take a little more time cus its a brand new operating system.

Palm is usually always extremely open though with the 3rd party community and messing with their phones, as long as it stays legal (tethering, etc)

so i look for ALOT of crazy s**t to come out of the WebOS platform.
 8 years ago '06        #191
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
 Grisly said:
yes, and probably even more so.
the foundation of WebOS is open source.
not sure if you follow Android or the G1 at all, but they've been pretty successful in tweaking that OS, to the interface and etc.

so im guessing webos will be quite the same.

also, same premises as jailbreaking an iphone basically. just gonna take a little more time cus its a brand new operating system.

Palm is usually always extremely open though with the 3rd party community and messing with their phones, as long as it stays legal (tethering, etc)

so i look for ALOT of crazy s**t to come out of the WebOS platform.
I'm out of my contract so I might call and try to see what discounts they can give me to stay with sprint. If not I might just bite the bullet and get a iphone
 8 years ago '04        #192
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$6,987 | Props total: 1334 1334
^^ realistically, lets say you receive nothing.

you leave sprint, dont pay a cancellation because you're out of contract, and go to AT&T.
now, do you have good credit?

AT&T will run a credit check, and charge you a deposit if they find something they dont like.....in my experience AT&T and Verizon give out r*pe numbers on deposits. if your credits bad, expect a 200-500$ deposit to open the line.

then, a couple hundred for the phone up front, or 99$ for the 3G 8gb

now what will you do for monthly service?
known fact sprint has better plans, better rates

i mean, im just saying i dont see what justifies your move unless you really just want an iPhone. you're already on sprint, with the better network and better monthly rates.....and the phone will cost you $199.99 after you get your rebate back in a couple weeks.

that sounds like the simpler option. might not be the best option in your eyes, but on paper, seems like the best move.

quite honestly, theres not enough differences between the Pre and iPhone to go through all of that hassle if i was in your shoes....

its not like the Apps for the iPhone are all free or something......you're still paying either way.


Last edited by Grisly; 06-25-2009 at 06:00 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #193
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
If you go to Bestbuy you can get the palm pre for $199 and they give you an instant rebate instead of paying $299 and getting a $100 mail in rebate.

Thats where i am going to get mines.
 8 years ago '06        #194
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
 Grisly said:
^^ realistically, lets say you receive nothing.

you leave sprint, dont pay a cancellation because you're out of contract, and go to AT&T.
now, do you have good credit?

AT&T will run a credit check, and charge you a deposit if they find something they dont like.....in my experience AT&T and Verizon give out r*pe numbers on deposits. if your credits bad, expect a 200-500$ deposit to open the line.

then, a couple hundred for the phone up front, or 99$ for the 3G 8gb

now what will you do for monthly service?
known fact sprint has better plans, better rates

i mean, im just saying i dont see what justifies your move unless you really just want an iPhone. you're already on sprint, with the better network and better monthly rates.....and the phone will cost you $199.99 after you get your rebate back in a couple weeks.

that sounds like the simpler option. might not be the best option in your eyes, but on paper, seems like the best move.

quite honestly, theres not enough differences between the Pre and iPhone to go through all of that hassle if i was in your shoes....

its not like the Apps for the iPhone are all free or something......you're still paying either way.
Yea I have good credit 707 :D, but I feel you 100% man I was just in a iphone mood because I just brought another mac computer. This time a macbook pro lol, but now i'm back to normal and i'm back to thinking palm pre :D or touch pro 2. No idea tho cause I already am getting in a brand new touch pro in the mail today because i ran over mines with my work truck lol. So i'll just wait a little more. btw Grisly how much are brand new touch pro's out of contract going on around the net?
 8 years ago '06        #195
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
damn I made my mind up i'm going to wait for the touch pro 2. I just got this brand new touch pro back and it sold me lol
 8 years ago '04        #196
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$6,987 | Props total: 1334 1334
^^ touch pro 2 is gonna be a decent upgrade, but probably gonna be like $400 again, and mostly the same s**t as the Touch Pro.....still gonna be WM6.1....still gonna be windows mobile....still gonna freeze and act up for no reason.

just cant see it being worth the upgrade honestly.

theres way too much NEXT GEN s**t coming out to be f**kin with a WM phone going into 2010.

WM6.5 is basically already obselete when they released it. f**k microsoft, all they care about right now is Windows 7, and that s**t better not suck either.
if they pull another vista, im bodyin Bill Gates.
 8 years ago '06        #197
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
 Grisly said:
^^ touch pro 2 is gonna be a decent upgrade, but probably gonna be like $400 again, and mostly the same s**t as the Touch Pro.....still gonna be WM6.1....still gonna be windows mobile....still gonna freeze and act up for no reason.

just cant see it being worth the upgrade honestly.

theres way too much NEXT GEN s**t coming out to be f**kin with a WM phone going into 2010.

WM6.5 is basically already obselete when they released it. f**k microsoft, all they care about right now is Windows 7, and that s**t better not suck either.
if they pull another vista, im bodyin Bill Gates.
I feel the same way about the touch pro 2, but I did get the touch pro free and i'm hooked on that phone even tho I don't mess with microsoft (go apple). I played with the pre and it felt like a girl phone to me so I can't really rock with it. Overall tho I think it will be big cause of the app store/specs of the phone already what the iphone isn't in 3 phones
 8 years ago '08        #198
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
How's the camera?

I'm debating on getting this or the new BB Tour.
 8 years ago '04        #199
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 KarteL13 said:
How's the camera?

I'm debating on getting this or the new BB Tour.

The camera is pretty great. Here is the first pic I took with my Pre. A pic of my ride


[pic - click to view]

 8 years ago '06        #200
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$14,342 | Props total: 1419 1419
 J2hott23 said:
The camera is pretty great. Here is the first pic I took with my Pre. A pic of my ride


[pic - click to view]

Nice man and btw I hate the old 300's but my n*gga your car is k!lling most of the new ones I seen
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 31
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
242 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy