Bar for bar, Joe Budden isn't as good as he says he is...

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
61 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
11 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-15-2009, 06:41 AM         #21
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Buddens flow is choppy sometimes, his production..or whoever masters and mixes his songs has done a terrible job since Halfway House....since Halfway House his voice and songs sound distorted....if you dont believe me...bump a Budden song...then turn on T.I..in the whip of course
 05-15-2009, 08:06 AM         #22
Narcz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This wasn't meant to be a bash Joey thread. I'm just saying he's good but he's not great, except when it comes to battling. I'm talking about spitting straight 16's or 32's, etc. Hottest In The Hood Freestyle was dope, but it wasn't amazing. Bar for bar it was boring. He's good but he's not great.
 9 years ago '07        #23
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1123 1123
 Narcz said:
Now I'm a huge Joe fan, but I'll be the first to tell you that bar for bar, line for line, word for word, Joe is good but he's not as dope as he hypes himself up to be. Only time Joe gets it in is on Diss records. Other then that I rarely hear any impressive Joe lines bar for bar. After listening again to Growth of a Legend and a bunch of misc other mixtape s**t he's done (), he's good but he's not great. A majority of his s**t is forgettable. Could you honestly give me 5 dope quotes from Padded Room? or Halfway House? And if you could would they really be 'that' good.. ? He's not really a punchline/metaphor person, but that's part of what rapping is.
:jawdrop: n*gga you have lost your f**king mind.... Go listen to those albums and tapes again... There's quotables all over Halfway House and Padded Room.. Or did that s**t just fly over your head? U trippin
 9 years ago '07        #24
Windigo 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,657 | Props total: 1114 1114
banks > budden
 9 years ago '06        #25
Deesmitty04 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 1 1
 polorsport2345 said:
you'd be surprized of how much internet soldiers are out there tho
Y'all n*ggas k!ll me w/ this internet soldier bulls**t lol aint people online regular people like u and me s**t if that's the case everybody on BX is internet soldiers right? Technically "internet soldiers" are have a better opinion on music because they hear more.
 9 years ago '08        #26
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,017 | Props total: 19968 19968
 Vos said:
This is absurd...

Stained
3 Sides
Dumb out
All of Me
Broken Wings
So Long Goodbye
Do Tell
Exxxes
Pray For Me
Just to Be Different
Better Me
Sidetracked
Hiatus
Dear Diary
For A Reason
Outcast
World Takeover
10 Mins
Walk With Me
Calm Down
Old School Mouse
40 Licks
Unforgiven
4 Walls
If I Die Tomorrow

I could go on and on

you just got owned.
seriously... all those songs are fire... some just hate to hate is all..
 9 years ago '06        #27
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 Deesmitty04 said:
Y'all n*ggas k!ll me w/ this internet soldier bulls**t lol aint people online regular people like u and me s**t if that's the case everybody on BX is internet soldiers right? Technically "internet soldiers" are have a better opinion on music because they hear more.
Joe coined that term himself. So don't get mad at your originator LOL. He used that term to descirbe his fans. Anyway, it's not aout regular people being online. Internet soliders are Joe Buddens fans. A term to describe extreme and erratic Joe Budden fans (known more commonly as stans). Do ya get it now LOL.
 05-15-2009, 10:12 AM         #28
CreativeMind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JosephDoom said:
seriously... all those songs are fire... some just hate to hate is all..
Just because those songs are fire "TO YOU" don't mean they are going to be to somebody else. And the threadstarter wasn't hating or bashing Joe. He was just saying Joe is not as great as y'all hype him up to be. And truth is, he's really not. It's like dang, what did that man do to make you fall in love with him so hard? Yeah he can spit, yeah he is lyrically good. But damn, he ain't the freaking messiah. The way "SOME OF YOU" act over dude is nauseating.

Anytime somebody don't sing him praises or points out his dumb sh-t, anytime somebody doesn't say anything positive about dude, y'all got to come in droves with you e-knives ready to cut folks. It ain't that serious. Every rapper gets critisized, Joe ain't any different. It's funny how y'all complain about the so-called hate on Joe, when y'all have no problem hating and clowning on your share of rappers. Yet, it's only a problem when it comes to Joe.

Just cause I don't like it, don't mean I'm hating.

Imitates Joe Budden fans whining: Stop hating on him. LMAO.
 9 years ago '06        #29
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,749 | Props total: 1187 1187
It's funny, people are really critical of Joe Budden saying his punchlines suck but nobody has given the best Meth songs or quotablses
 9 years ago '04        #30
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 MissLoveOne said:
Joe coined that term himself. So don't get mad at your originator LOL. He used that term to descirbe his fans. Anyway, it's not aout regular people being online. Internet soliders are Joe Buddens fans. A term to describe extreme and erratic Joe Budden fans (known more commonly as stans). Do ya get it now LOL.
actually ur wrong

yes, joey coined the phrase but it was a mockery of what ransom was sayin

ran was talkin bout how joe is only known on the net...joe returned by sayin "arent they real people" then made joke about gettin the troops together for the battle by screamin "internet soldiers"

it was a joke, but he was talkin about net soldiers r regular people too...which is exactly what the dude u responded to said....

he didnt say "my stans r internet soldiers" or anything along the lines of what u r sayin...it was a joke, & people thought it was funny so they started asking him about it in interviews
 9 years ago '04        #31
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 CreativeMind said:
Just because those songs are fire "TO YOU" don't mean they are going to be to somebody else. And the threadstarter wasn't hating or bashing Joe. He was just saying Joe is not as great as y'all hype him up to be. And truth is, he's really not. It's like dang, what did that man do to make you fall in love with him so hard? Yeah he can spit, yeah he is lyrically good. But damn, he ain't the freaking messiah. The way "SOME OF YOU" act over dude is nauseating.

Anytime somebody don't sing him praises or points out his dumb sh-t, anytime somebody doesn't say anything positive about dude, y'all got to come in droves with you e-knives ready to cut folks. It ain't that serious. Every rapper gets critisized, Joe ain't any different. It's funny how y'all complain about the so-called hate on Joe, when y'all have no problem hating and clowning on your share of rappers. Yet, it's only a problem when it comes to Joe.

yes ur right, some people do go over the top wit their s**t...just like fans of other artists

but the difference between fans of budden & fans of...wayne for example. is a very big gap. theres a huge difference between the fans & the artists. joey has s**t that touches u, & he has s**t thats just hot. wayne on the other hand says some of the dumbest s**t that doesnt even make sense & people go crazy for it. 90% of the threads made about a joe line/verse, the s**t is hot...when maybe 97% of threads about wayne lines/verse s**t is pure garbage...& i know its a matter of opinion but its really closer to a fact. people love wayne lines, & then if they were to repeat it without the beat playin. they really dont get it. "my criteria compared to ur career just isnt fair" really??? hmm interesting

joe has substance to his s**t, its no gimick. thats why its hard for joe fans to hear people talkin wreckless as if joe is just some bum from down the street, or as if hes just some dude that can only spit at the f!ght club but cant make a song, thats not the case at all.

i know what u sayin, bout the fans that go crazy about s**t. that s**t is funny to me to be honest, especially people that call him the GOAT & all that...i just have a problem wit the people that give joe hate turnin around & biggin up somebody that is garbage, or they r biggin up somebody that is far less versatile

look around these forum, people have said banks is better...really??joe does everything he does better & he goes into more s**t, & I USED TO BE A BANKS FAN. another is yayo, u gotta be kiddin me....freeway, really? cassidy...for real?? cass & joe would go at it on the battle s**t for real that would be amazing to hear, but if u go into any other topic, or subject, story, joe destroys him & its not even close
 9 years ago '08        #32
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,017 | Props total: 19968 19968
 CreativeMind said:

soo... its ok for you to have opinions right? therefore i shall have mine... everything thats posted in this forum is a matter of opinion, and im voicing mine, get over yourself
 9 years ago '05        #33
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
yall really cant keep budden's name out yall mouth can ya??
 05-15-2009, 11:26 AM         #34
Sir Shiesty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
He said himself that he wanted to make an impact on hip hop. Who wants to just be a great emcee? He wants to be remembered with the greats and thats why he pulls some of the shenanigans that he does. He thinks him battling will get him there. He needs to drop a classic album first.

when did he say that ??
 9 years ago '04        #35
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,675 | Props total: 2210 2210
I used to be a fan of budden since damn near 01-02..but this n*gga is equvialent to Mary J Blige circa 92-until no more drama..he's a emo punchline rapper that makes the most depressing a.ss music..and the fact that he NEVER released a good album will never place him in the top 10 or even an honorable menton
 9 years ago '07        #36
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 333 333
ive never heard joe budden say he has made a impact on the game, so i dont know where these statements people make be coming from...and dont say someone ACTS like something...cause thats just ur perception trying to sway everyone else's...
 9 years ago '05        #37
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,828 | Props total: 211 211
 casper said:
yes ur right, some people do go over the top wit their s**t...just like fans of other artists

but the difference between fans of budden & fans of...wayne for example. is a very big gap. theres a huge difference between the fans & the artists. joey has s**t that touches u, & he has s**t thats just hot. wayne on the other hand says some of the dumbest s**t that doesnt even make sense & people go crazy for it. 90% of the threads made about a joe line/verse, the s**t is hot...when maybe 97% of threads about wayne lines/verse s**t is pure garbage...& i know its a matter of opinion but its really closer to a fact. people love wayne lines, & then if they were to repeat it without the beat playin. they really dont get it. "my criteria compared to ur career just isnt fair" really??? hmm interesting

joe has substance to his s**t, its no gimick. thats why its hard for joe fans to hear people talkin wreckless as if joe is just some bum from down the street, or as if hes just some dude that can only spit at the f!ght club but cant make a song, thats not the case at all.

i know what u sayin, bout the fans that go crazy about s**t. that s**t is funny to me to be honest, especially people that call him the GOAT & all that...i just have a problem wit the people that give joe hate turnin around & biggin up somebody that is garbage, or they r biggin up somebody that is far less versatile

look around these forum, people have said banks is better...really??joe does everything he does better & he goes into more s**t, & I USED TO BE A BANKS FAN. another is yayo, u gotta be kiddin me....freeway, really? cassidy...for real?? cass & joe would go at it on the battle s**t for real that would be amazing to hear, but if u go into any other topic, or subject, story, joe destroys him & its not even close

quoted because this is one of the truest things i've seen in a while. i've wanted to argue with so many of my friends when it comes to music. and it's not just budden but quality music in general that i argue with them over. they just don't want to hear it because it's not mainstream and they incorporate mainstream with talent, which is really sad cuz it just goes in one ear and out the other

and all those songs listed before, majority are great, if you don't like them then fine but there's a point where it shouldn't be opinion anymore, people just can't acknowledge skill.
 9 years ago '05        #38
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,828 | Props total: 211 211
 jewelz1132 said:
I used to be a fan of budden since damn near 01-02..but this n*gga is equvialent to Mary J Blige circa 92-until no more drama..he's a emo punchline rapper that makes the most depressing a.ss music..and the fact that he NEVER released a good album will never place him in the top 10 or even an honorable menton
out of the songs on padded room, find me a song that's full of punchlines. also, can he ever rid himself of this stereotype, he's either that "pump it up guy" or "depressed guy" and i don't get either, just because somebody has problems doesn't mean they're an emo rapper
 9 years ago '05        #39
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,031 | Props total: 747 747
lol @ the people saying Budden has never made a good song. His catalog is filled with a gang of amazing songs.

Last edited by agentspits.com; 05-15-2009 at 02:10 PM..
 05-15-2009, 02:19 PM         #40
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
Now I'm a huge Joe fan, but I'll be the first to tell you that bar for bar, line for line, word for word, Joe is good but he's not as dope as he hypes himself up to be. Only time Joe gets it in is on Diss records. Other then that I rarely hear any impressive Joe lines bar for bar. After listening again to Growth of a Legend and a bunch of misc other mixtape s**t he's done (), he's good but he's not great. A majority of his s**t is forgettable. Could you honestly give me 5 dope quotes from Padded Room? or Halfway House? And if you could would they really be 'that' good.. ? He's not really a punchline/metaphor person, but that's part of what rapping is.
are we listening to the same rapper here?..he's not strictly a punchline n*gga....but he has more than plenty...and he said himself...on Padded Room...he fell back from the punchline s**t...and the songs are clear reflections of that for the most part..

"get mangled, so they i ain't got s**t//my eyes everywhere on my Stuart Scott s**t"

"not a pessimist, i'm a realist//when you think you on, i'll go and hit the k!llswitch"

"just let me live my life//live yours, make your own highlight//then meet me at the top like a butterfly knife//then you'll learn how to see without eyesight//if at first you don't succeed, then try twice"

"they tell me a got a lotta pride//i tell em, 'how the f**k you gon tell me what i got inside'//then they wanna lecture a n*gga//tell me 'life is what you make it', that's when i tell em, 'i beg to differ'"

damn near the entire Pray For Me..the Prodigy verse on "Blood on the Wall"...i thought that CD went in...
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
115 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
82 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
121 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy