How much would it cost to rekey a 2002 GMC Yukon?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1
8828 pageviews
7 comments

JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
How much would it cost to rekey a 2002 GMC Yukon?

So I lost my keys at school today. I've moved like 5 times since I first got my Yukon and I've lost the spare. How much would it cost to get a new set of keys and have the ignition and locks rekeyed?

7 comments for "How much would it cost to rekey a 2002 GMC Yukon?"

05-15-2009, 06:46 AM         #2
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That is an interesting question.. My boy always loses his damn keys. So either me or his sister got his only set of spares.
 9 years ago '07        #3
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
space
$4,117 | Props total: 230 230
A dealer should be able to make you one but its going to hit around $150

My bad that price would just be for "a" key...not the locks and ignition.

Last edited by JoeDoe22; 05-15-2009 at 07:00 AM..
 05-15-2009, 07:54 AM         #4
tha_ape 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea, getting a new key is easy if your car is not >10years old. After that... well re-keying would involve about 5 locks?

2 doors, trunk, ignition, glovebox (probably not needed)

I'd say about $50/lock and then maybe 100+ for the ignition (but I've never looked into it).

If your Yukon has one of those chips built into the key it might cost mroe too.
 9 years ago '06        #5
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4832 4832
 JFamis said:
So I lost my keys at school today. I've moved like 5 times since I first got my Yukon and I've lost the spare. How much would it cost to get a new set of keys and have the ignition and locks rekeyed?

you really dont have to get your ignition and locks replaced the dealer can make the correct key from your vin number but look to spend between 150 and 200 bucks to cut and program the passkey protection, but i guess thats better than having a perfectly good car sitting because u dont have a key, oh and depending on where u go they might want the car there while they are doing it, so u may have to pay for a tow also
 9 years ago '06        #6
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
 "SS" said:
you really dont have to get your ignition and locks replaced the dealer can make the correct key from your vin number but look to spend between 150 and 200 bucks to cut and program the passkey protection, but i guess thats better than having a perfectly good car sitting because u dont have a key, oh and depending on where u go they might want the car there while they are doing it, so u may have to pay for a tow also
Yea exactly i did the same thing wit my VIN and got a key for 40 bucks CAD and i have a GM car too. Worst comes to worst and u cant, get ure car unlocked and take out the ignition cylinder (its pretty easy...you can find a tutorial online). Bring it to a locksmith and he can create a key for the exact lock. Did the same thing with my previous car and cost me only about 20 CAD.
 05-27-2009, 02:51 PM         #7
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if it has a chip in it, 150+..
 9 years ago '07        #8
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
when i bought my 09 civic si a few months ago I got 4 keys and the dealership kept 1 key which they now do i guess just so its a "just in case u lose the rest key" so they can make u a copy.

contact the dealership, see if they have an extra key for you.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy