Anyone catch what Barkley said during the Nugs/Mavs halftime show?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4424 4424
cavs fans should be thanking god kobe played on the redeem team and lit a fire under lebrons a.ss by working out with him
 9 years ago '06        #42
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 WilliamHBonnie said:
What if Kobe doesn't even make it to the finals? And what are your obvious reasons?
Kobe not making the finals was my number 2. If he doesn't make it, the keys go to Bron.

Lebron is brut force and Kobe is cerebral.

Lebron is powerful, flamboyant, amazing at times, and his stats are off the charts. But do you honestly believe that Kobe is incapable of having those same stats in a similar situation as Bron? Yeah he could but he's not. His role on the Lakers is totally different from Brons role with the Cavs.

Kobe is a finisher. The best finisher in the league. You said yourself that he was the most clutch player. So that right there tells me if the games close at the end, Kobe will take over and get it done. What more do you want? He sits back, waits, then attacks when he needs to and 9 times out of 10, he's winning the game for his team with huge plays night in and night out.

Kobe is still the most cerebral player in the league. He was on cruise control the entire year, and had the ability and mental capacity to be able to turn it on and off whenever he needed to. Not that he had to do it, but Bron can't do that yet. Its all or nothing with him.

I respect Bron and what he has done thus far but until he either 1) wins the chip or 2) totally outplays Kobe to win a chip he will still be #2.

I will be more than willing to hand the throne to Bron if he gets it done and Kobe doesn't but let him earn it.
 9 years ago '06        #43
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 NoLedge18720 said:
the thing is in the finals they wont even be guarding each other. Ariza will probably guard lebron because he is bigger than Kobe and Lebron never guards the other teams best player
But that wont play a factor. It will be obvious to see who will be controlling the series regardless of the match ups.
 9 years ago '04        #44
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,955 | Props total: 708 708
And you also have to consider Barkley's sources

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #45
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 JeeQ said:
That's what I believe. LeBron's all-around game is better then Kobe, a triple-double nearly every game is on the horizon for LeBron and he has natural leadership that Kobe will never have. But Kobe is the best scorer I've seen in my lifetime. He scores at will and there's no one that can stop him. His all-around game is improving and you can tell he's working on his leadership, could be a good year to prove it. Bron Vs Kobe = Insane Ratings. '
And overall game means, what exactly?
Obviously Lebron is a bigger and taller player, so he averages more rebounds.
A better passer is arguable and more or less a push.
He's not a better scorer.
He's not a better defensive player.
Not a better clutch player.
He has no post game.
He has no midrange game.

Yet he's supposed to be better overall?

Let the dude play some real teams in the playoffs before we overreact, shall we?
 9 years ago '05        #46
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,727 | Props total: 1874 1874
Barkley knows wassup
 05-14-2009, 06:50 PM         #47
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GoldynChyld421 said:
I still think Kobe is the best, and most clutch

Melo is not the best pure scorer, I don't even know what that means actually... I would think Kobe would be that too, seeing as how he has the highest scoring totals in games since Wilt...

Lebron is the most dominant player in the league right now though... Melo is just, good...
This is where I have a hard time deciphering the difference between the most dominant and the best.

But it's good to come back on here and see all my old BXSC heads still around.
 05-14-2009, 06:51 PM         #48
Animosity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Dude, some of my boys that hate sports have been catching Cavs fever and it makes me so happy. I've been a Cavs fan for life, and to see all these people supporting the Cavs, wearing shirts and Caps it makes me so happy. Cleveland basketball has been completely rejuvenated.

AND CLEVELAND FANS ARE STARVING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP and they see the Cavs as the team to end out drough... so believe me when I say Quicken Loans is a VERY, VERY scary place to come in and play.
I know what you're saying. Some of my friends aren't basketball fans at all but have been getting into the playoffs starting with last year, and especially this year. Picking teams to roll with and s**t. Unfortunately I'm the only Houston fan around here that I know and we're losing right now so I'm getting a lotta s**t.

Out of the remaining teams (if Houston bows out tonight), I'll definitely be pulling for the Cavs. I wanna see what LeBron can do on the big stage with a plausible supporting cast and a few more years under his belt. I don't expect them to get buzzsawed again like they did vs. the Spurs.
 05-14-2009, 06:52 PM         #49
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lebron gets to the rim easier at this age. Thats all he does better than Kobe. Besides that its nothing else I can see But I could see why hed say that. Melo is up there as a scorer. I mean how many scorers can drop 30 without a FT attempt on 20 shots?? I wouldn't put him over Kobe. Melo reminds me of a young Kobe.

Last edited by Andre3000; 05-14-2009 at 07:03 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #50
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
Kobe didnt play in 15 4th quarters this year.
 05-14-2009, 06:55 PM         #51
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Kobe not making the finals was my number 2. If he doesn't make it, the keys go to Bron.

Lebron is brut force and Kobe is cerebral.

Lebron is powerful, flamboyant, amazing at times, and his stats are off the charts. But do you honestly believe that Kobe is incapable of having those same stats in a similar situation as Bron? Yeah he could but he's not. His role on the Lakers is totally different from Brons role with the Cavs.

Kobe is a finisher. The best finisher in the league. You said yourself that he was the most clutch player. So that right there tells me if the games close at the end, Kobe will take over and get it done. What more do you want? He sits back, waits, then attacks when he needs to and 9 times out of 10, he's winning the game for his team with huge plays night in and night out.

Kobe is still the most cerebral player in the league. He was on cruise control the entire year, and had the ability and mental capacity to be able to turn it on and off whenever he needed to. Not that he had to do it, but Bron can't do that yet. Its all or nothing with him.

I respect Bron and what he has done thus far but until he either 1) wins the chip or 2) totally outplays Kobe to win a chip he will still be #2.

I will be more than willing to hand the throne to Bron if he gets it done and Kobe doesn't but let him earn it.
:sporty56: I like this post alot. In my opinion though, Brons versatility, and blowing teams out of the water by 20 points (meaning he still doesn't have to worry about being clutch) outweighs Kobes close in and outs and scoring like none other.

Let's flip a coin.
 05-14-2009, 06:56 PM         #52
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Kobe didnt play in 15 4th quarters this year.
LeBrons was probably similar.
 9 years ago '05        #53
Die-Nasty 40 heat pts40
space
space
$2,258 | Props total: 972 972
I think Kobe is Top 5 career wise... but yeah... Lebron has surpassed him this year as being the best... He's done more with less... "Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't"
 9 years ago '04        #54
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 kingofthecity said:
I think Kobe is Top 5 career wise... but yeah... Lebron has surpassed him this year as being the best... He's done more with less... "Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't"
You would have to do better make a good argument if you're going to quote a retard like Jay-Z.
 9 years ago '06        #55
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
damn you're really a HATER..

kobe is def. not seeing lebron in the pass game..kobe cant get to the rim like lebron and if you had to push anything... i'd PUSH them as a tie for defense... hes got better post game than kobe..hes shooting better from 3's than kobe

when are you gonna pass the torch??? the only thing dangerous about kobe is his jumper and his teammates... lebron is a 1 man nightmare to cover... b/c hes a gaurenteed hight % bucket
Now your acting like a dumbass. Lebron might be a better passer but he is not a better defender or a push in that category and he is not a better shooter from anywhere than Kobe is nor does he have a post game that is close to Kobe's. Lebron has been better this year but those categories that you listed were absolute bulls**t.
 05-14-2009, 07:05 PM         #56
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:

kobe is def. not seeing lebron in the pass game..kobe cant get to the rim like lebron and if you had to push anything... i'd PUSH them as a tie for defense... hes got better post game than kobe..hes shooting better from 3's than kobe

when are you gonna pass the torch??? the only thing dangerous about kobe is his jumper and his teammates... lebron is a 1 man nightmare to cover... b/c hes a gaurenteed hight % bucket
In what fantasy??? Like when has he ever shot better from 3? Bron doesn't have a better postgame. A post game isn't running through people and dunking.

Last edited by Andre3000; 05-14-2009 at 07:07 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #57
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im not saying that they defend the same... but lebron hasnt been beat at all this offseason defensively... noone has had a big game...

lebron is a better help defender.. .and closes in on fast breaks better than kobe ever did... where was kobe on the defensive player of the year list?
The DPOY is voted by the media and 1st team defense is voted by the coaches. Lebron's defense has been great this year but i dont see him being as good as Kobe yet on that end and just think about why Lebrons D improved and D Wades: playing with Kobe in the summer Olympics even Doug Collins mentions it and he was there with them.
 9 years ago '05        #58
Die-Nasty 40 heat pts40
space
space
$2,258 | Props total: 972 972
 str8_akademiks said:
You would have to do better make a good argument if you're going to quote a retard like Jay-Z.
If we can't go by numbers.. I don't know what we should go by... because Lebron's numbers are ridiculous...

Efficiency: LBJ 30.9... Kobe 24.2

Team Record: 66-16 Cle... 65-17 LA

Take Lebron off the Cavs...

Take Kobe off the Lakers...

Give me Lebron for 46 minutes of any game but Kobe for the last 2 minutes
 9 years ago '04        #59
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:

Lebron's not a better passer at all. He plays in a pick and roll offense. He's a POINT GUARD in a forward's body.
The Lakers play in the triangle and they rarely have any players who ever average over 5-6apg. The Lakers regularly are in the top 5 in a.ssists teamwise but never have players in the top a.ssist. There's a lot of 2nd and 3rd passes and Kobe's not nearly as ball dominant as Lebron is.
Lebron is not even in the same stratusphere as Kobe in the post. Kobe is probably the best guard in the post and Lebron's post game is awful.
Lebron isn't a better 3 point shooter either, and the percentages prove that. And when you consider the fact that teams often will concede the 3 point to him because they don't want him in the paint, it's not even an argument.

Lebron getting into the paint is a nightmare to cover, but he's been shown to get shut down by teams who pack the paint and bait him into shooting jumpshots.
Like Battier and the Rockets GM said, Kobe is better than everyone at nearly everything offensively.
I can definitely admit that Lebron is the most dominant in the league because of the fact that he can do anything offensively and has a blank card from Mike Brown to do it. He has more impact on games than Kobe, and that's because of the fact that he's always in attack mode, while Kobe's game is more like an on/off switch where he's either attacking or passing.
 05-14-2009, 07:17 PM         #60
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
kobe is 39% this round.. lebron is 50%+
um no you ****. What type of idiot would take a rd and not the whole playoffs in consideration. You chokin on Brons d**k that hard?? I guess Redd**k is a better three point shooter than Ray Allen. n*gga sit yo gump a.ss down.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy