Anyone catch what Barkley said during the Nugs/Mavs halftime show?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #21
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
How can one be considered the best and not be the most clutch, or the best pure scorer???
 9 years ago '04        #22
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,025 | Props total: 6088 6088
 hood135 said:
Kobe is still the best player in the league for obvious reasons. The only way I change my mind is if 1) Kobe loses and is totally out played by Lebron in the finals 2) Kobe doesn't make it to the finals. Taking nothing away from Bron because he's a monSTAR.

And are you guys watching what Mamba is doing to the two best perimeter defenders in the league?
the thing is in the finals they wont even be guarding each other. Ariza will probably guard lebron because he is bigger than Kobe and Lebron never guards the other teams best player
 05-14-2009, 06:13 PM         #23
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoLedge18720 said:
i didnt mean a fairweather fan i meant that you only show up and post when its related to lebron or ohio state
So...? Is that a crime?
 05-14-2009, 06:14 PM         #24
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:
How can one be considered the best and not be the most clutch, or the best pure scorer???
Because EVERYTHING aside from the two things you mentioned... he does.
 9 years ago '08        #25
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Because EVERYTHING aside from the two things you mentioned... he does.
So was Oscar better than MJ and Magic back in the day?

or

Is Rondo better than CP3, D. Will or Chauncey? He average a triple double in the playoffs...

Last edited by GrownmanJ; 05-14-2009 at 06:20 PM..
 05-14-2009, 06:20 PM         #26
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 marcy said:
yeah that's not to knock lebron or anything or melo but i've only seen lebron burst out and go monster status and that was that game 5 in detroit back in 07...

yeah that's what i'm saying...they not gonna play anybody in the east this year that's good because garnett and jameer out...

if they don't play the lakers, their whole finals championship isn't impressive...not a lebron hater or a kobe lover, but that's just being a die hard fan of basketball in general...
The Celtics still have Pierce, Rondo, and Allen. And the Magic still have HOWARD, Lewis, Turkoglu. That's irrelevant because the Cavs beasted on 80% plus teams in the West this year too.

You can hate me now.
 05-14-2009, 06:21 PM         #27
Animosity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:

or

Is Rondo better than CP3, D. Will or Chauncey? He average a triple double in the playoffs...
So you're saying the best scorer and/or most clutch player in the league is the best player as well?
 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM         #28
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:

or

Oscar was in that time era. He was the prototype... kind of like what Vick was supposed to be and what LeBron is now.

Rondo is becoming elite status, but it's because he's a product of the players around him, don't get me wrong, he's solid as hell by himself too.

What would you say to your own questions about that?
 05-14-2009, 06:25 PM         #29
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Animosity said:
So you're saying the best scorer and/or most clutch player in the league is the best player as well?
I ain't seen my homie in like two years. What it is?
 9 years ago '08        #30
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Animosity said:
Going off of previous superstars, I would agree. MJ was one of the best players/scorers/clutch. So was Magic and Bird and Hakeem, Jerry West, etc. There is always a connection. I believe LeBron is on his way but his game is still in progress not making him the best player...
 05-14-2009, 06:27 PM         #31
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:
Going off of previous superstars, I would agree. MJ was one of the best players/scorers/clutch. So was Magic and Bird and Hakeem, Jerry West, etc. There is always a connection. I believe LeBron is on his way but his game is still in progress not making him the best player...
I hate to say this... but... he's only 24 still too. :sick:
 05-14-2009, 06:31 PM         #32
Animosity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
I ain't seen my homie in like two years. What it is?
I know, what's good man? Bet the Cavs have been making you proud this year and in the playoffs eh?
 9 years ago '08        #33
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:
I hate to say this... but... he's only 24 still too. :sick:
True. But also at 24, Kobe already had 3 rings. Yea you can say he had shaq but still, history is history. He also was averaging 30pts, 7 rebs and 6 ast and 2 stls. Pretty damn good I might add and this playing behind Shaq. Imagine what those numbers would be without him...
 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM         #34
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:
True. But also at 24, Kobe already had 3 rings. Yea you can say he had shaq but still, history is history. He also was averaging 30pts, 7 rebs and 6 ast and 2 stls. Pretty damn good I might add and this playing behind Shaq. Imagine what those numbers would be without him...
Very true. Very good point. Alot of people had to worry about Shaq though, which gave Kobe alot of his looks, passes (that sounds weird to say). and rebounds. Not to take anything away from him.

LeBron's got Z... a mediocre, helpful, center.
 9 years ago '04        #35
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Very true. Very good point. Alot of people had to worry about Shaq though, which gave Kobe alot of his looks, passes (that sounds weird to say). and rebounds. Not to take anything away from him.

It also packed the paint a hell of a lot more and made Kobe turn into a good jumpshooter so he could get those shots off.

A congested paint = more jumpshots = less free throws
 05-14-2009, 06:37 PM         #36
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Animosity said:
I know, what's good man? Bet the Cavs have been making you proud this year and in the playoffs eh?
Dude, some of my boys that hate sports have been catching Cavs fever and it makes me so happy. I've been a Cavs fan for life, and to see all these people supporting the Cavs, wearing shirts and Caps it makes me so happy. Cleveland basketball has been completely rejuvenated.

AND CLEVELAND FANS ARE STARVING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP and they see the Cavs as the team to end out drough... so believe me when I say Quicken Loans is a VERY, VERY scary place to come in and play.
 05-14-2009, 06:38 PM         #37
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
It also packed the paint a hell of a lot more and made Kobe turn into a good jumpshooter so he could get those shots off.

A congested paint = more jumpshots = less free throws
I can't argue with that either.
 9 years ago '04        #38
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
And nothing Barkley ever says is valid.

One year he says that the only thing Kobe and MJ have in common is that they're both black, the next year, he says that Kobe is the closest thing to MJ he's ever seen.
He was saying Kobe was the best even at the beginning of these playoffs.. His "moving up" of Lebron to being the best and Melo as being the best scorer is just a knee jerk reaction to the Lakers actually losing playoff games.
 9 years ago '08        #39
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:

He also got that dude in your avy whose pretty damn good too. He average almost 20 in the season. People sleep on how decent the Cavs players are. Most of them used to be starters so they were good at some point ( J. Smith #1 pick, Wally, Wallace DPOY, west a good 1 on 1 player) They all are not playing at the highest level they used to play but they know how to play and got the experience...
 9 years ago '04        #40
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
I still think Kobe is the best, and most clutch

Melo is not the best pure scorer, I don't even know what that means actually... I would think Kobe would be that too, seeing as how he has the highest scoring totals in games since Wilt...

Lebron is the most dominant player in the league right now though... Melo is just, good...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Peep Official Toxicology report says he had nearly 10 Different Dru..
151 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy