The Official Infamous thread

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-17-2009, 06:01 PM         #61
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that is real nice kid
 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM         #62
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
notice the top movie

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #63
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 TriangleOffense said:
notice the top movie

[pic - click to view]

nice new...SLy Copper is nice series...Ahhh I can't even wait untill monday to get my copy of this game...
 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM         #64
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
nice new...SLy Copper is nice series...Ahhh I can't even wait untill monday to get my copy of this game...
im a little more excited now game should hold me over until June 16, 2009 very nicely
 9 years ago '04        #65
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
im a little more excited now game should hold me over until June 16, 2009 very nicely
Who you gonna call?
 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM         #66
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Who you gonna call?

[pic - click to view]

05-19-2009, 09:18 PM         #67
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
trailer to make you more hype

05-19-2009, 10:42 PM         #68
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA DOPEMAN said:
trailer to make you more hype

nice ..
 9 years ago '04        #69
fmills15 
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
The random enemies, side missions, city exploration, good/dark powers, etc made me think about Spider-Man Web Shadows when I played the demo of this.
 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM         #70
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joystiq reviews the game, tags it.

"The greatest superhero game I've ever played."

Okay, right at the top, let's get this out of the way -- electricity control is a terrible superpower. Sure, it's flashy, and makes for a great video game mechanic, but any crime f!ghter who could easily be bested by Dry Rubber Shoes Man simply shouldn't be tasked with the vigilant protection of a city and its inhabitants.

Despite this obvious weakness, Sucker Punch's open-world action opus, inFamous, has a lot going for it. Rather than tumbling into the pitfalls often visited by sandbox action games (too repetitive, poorly balanced difficulty, no sense of direction, non-existent story), it takes the road less traveled, exhibiting an extraordinary amount of polish and attention to detail.

As a result, Sucker Punch has crafted a game that I feel comfortable labeling "the greatest superhero game I've ever played."

Let's not argue semantics -- it's totally a superhero game. In it, you play as a superhero (or supervillain). The fact that your digital do-gooder (or evildoer) isn't on loan from the hallowed halls of DC or Marvel Comics doesn't diminish his supernatural properties. In fact, playing as a non-licensed superperson is surprisingly refreshing. His quirks and history haven't been set in canonical stone by Bendises, Eisners and Vaughans. I found myself becoming quickly invested in my hero, referring to him by a superalias of my own invention, which was, of course, Professor Sparkington.

Remember that short-lived Kids WB cartoon, Static Shock? The rules of Sparky's powers are similar -- you have a number of electricity-based powers at your disposal (such as a basic bolt of electricity, a force push-esque attack, shock grenades and storm control), though to keep yourself juiced up, you'll need to keep an eye out for electrically powered objects you can drain. Draining these objects also restores your health, so you'll probably find yourself with an inexplicable affection for phone booths and car batteries by the time you reach inFamous' credits.
"The greatest superhero game I've ever played."

As fun as using these powers are (especially when linked together in devastating combos), simply traveling around Empire City (the game's post-apocalyptic setting) is a blast. Any building can be scaled with the greatest of ease thanks to the protagonist's innate magnetism to ledges. Early in the game, you'll gain the ability to grind on power cables and train tracks. The first time you take out an enemy out while doing so will probably trigger pleasure centers in your brain that you didn't even know you had.

The movement and combat blend together with remarkable fluidity. In one swift motion, you'll grind across a power line (zapping enemies below), plummet to the ground (releasing an energy wave upon impact), hurl a few enemies into the air and shoot them down like clay pigeons, roll behind a car and drain it, and take out the remaining baddies with shock grenades. Hop onto a train track, and grind forth to even pimper encounters.

As far as sandbox settings go, Empire City isn't all that fleshed out. You won't find yourself entering any buildings in search of hee-larious Easter Eggs -- your adventures will be limited to rooftops, streets, alleys and sewers. Still, there's something enticing about how Empire is molded by your virtuous/nefarious actions. Neighborhoods are revived as you restore their power. Citizens come to your defense if you spend your days protecting them. Should you fill your schedule with their systematic murder, you'll find their reaction to be less than favorable.

The game is broken up into story missions and side quests. There's around a dozen types of these optional tasks, some of which are really cool (manage to board a turret-equipped bus of death without, you know, dying) and a couple of which are pace-disrupting and tedious (climb all over my building for 15 minutes, destroying tiny surveillance drones). Thankfully, the former group far outweighs the latter.

Another strength garnered by being a non-licensed superhero game: inFamous doesn't have to cater to fan service. As such, its story doesn't conform to the "Monster of the Week" format often subscribed to by other comic book adaptations. In other words, the game doesn't bombard you with mini-arcs involving dozens of antagonists -- it has a single, cohesive, incredibly engaging storyline, which is aided by the game's gorgeous graphic novel-esque cutscenes.

Outside of these missions, there's still plenty to do in Empire City. Collecting Battery Shards which are dispersed throughout the city increases your maximum power. You can seek out "dead drops" which give you a bit more backstory on the game's ancillary characters. Chasing down the game's many collectibles (and trophies) will likely let the player squeeze about 30 hours of enjoyment out of inFamous. Double that, should you decide to play through it again as a character of opposite morals.

A few slight hiccups disrupt the seamless weave of action and motion Sucker Punch has crafted, the most puzzling of these being the extremely sparing use of music during gameplay. The rare, tedious side missions are made all the more unbearable when performed to near silence. The badass moments don't reach their badass zenith due to a lack of accompaniment. Also, Sparky's ledge magnetism doesn't always work as you might like, adhering you to a windowsill in the midst of an intense timed mission.

Still, these don't do much to tarnish an altogether brilliant gaming experience. The cityscape is beautiful, and free of load times and pop-ups. The plot is gripping and well paced. The gameplay is fluid, frantic and entirely enjoyable. The animations are butter smooth. The character and power progression is engrossing.

However, in light of these achievements, inFamous' greatest contribution to the sandbox genre is how it finally gives an explanation as to why its protagonist can't swim.

(He's full of electricity. Duh.)

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-20-2009 at 09:33 AM..
 05-20-2009, 09:44 AM         #71
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-20-2009 at 09:49 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #72
space
space

VerdictNot as electrifying as we'd hoped, but still one of the best PS3 games of the year
Uppers
Amazing open-world city
Solid story-led action
Cole's powers are very cool

Downers
Occasionally laborious travel
A few guns would have made it more fun
Frustrating deaths (but good checkpoints)

Conclusion
inFamous is, simply put, damn good fun. The combination of super-powered combat, free running, varied mission structure and the extremely healthy size of the whole thing combine with a solid narrative to create a great action/adventure experience. It's not perfect - there are a few complaints, but these are far outnumbered by inFamous's good points. A damn fine reason to own a PS3.

there's about 6 more reviews out there...all 9/10
 05-20-2009, 12:48 PM         #73
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah this game is probably going to average 9, pretty damn good for a new IP that came out of no where.
 9 years ago '04        #74
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 Da Ill One said:

VerdictNot as electrifying as we'd hoped, but still one of the best PS3 games of the year
Uppers
Amazing open-world city
Solid story-led action
Cole's powers are very cool

Downers
Occasionally laborious travel
A few guns would have made it more fun
Frustrating deaths (but good checkpoints)

there's about 6 more reviews out there...all 9/10
lol at that gun comment...how could you put that as a downer? dweeb

and good looks with the reviews...props if i could have...any way you could link us to the rest of the reviews...whenever possible

Last edited by # 58; 05-20-2009 at 01:01 PM..
 05-20-2009, 01:55 PM         #75
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why would you need a f**king gun? right
 9 years ago '04        #76
space
space
 # 58 said:
lol at that gun comment...how could you put that as a downer? dweeb

and good looks with the reviews...props if i could have...any way you could link us to the rest of the reviews...whenever possible
I got you...

Kikizo 8.5/10

: With its karma-driven electric fisticuffs, open-ended parkour antics and stylishly broody ambience, InFamous is a game worthy of Sucker Punch's slick PS2 releases, and a great addition to the PS3's increasingly formidable exclusive line-up. Shame about the story, but there's plenty to do by the wayside.

Buy (they don't do score's it' either Buy or Stay away)

The good
Detailed, living city to help rebuild, or continue to destroy
Brilliant writing and character work
Fun superpowers
Cut scenes set the mood of the game very well
Much to do and explore, this isn't a game that will be over soon
Be a hero, be a villain, it's your choice
Fresh take on the genre, Cole is a unique and compelling hero
Solid variety in missions

The bad
The enemies can be repetitive
Sewer sections are annoying
Combat can get frustrating in places

The ugly
We live in a world where dreck like X-Men Origins: Wolverine makes it onto the big screen, and something as good as inFamous is created in a medium barely respected for its storytelling

Verdict: Buy

9/10

8.5/10

8/10

Gaming Age A- Excellent

1UP A-
Simply put: InFamous is the kind of game that when I'm not playing it, I'm constantly thinking about doing so. Heck, I already know what's going to happen right after I finish this sentence: I'm going to go back and play more as "superhero lightning cop" Cole.
 05-20-2009, 02:36 PM         #77
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
paid it off today the more i played the demo the more i got sold on it now my kid and I can both enjoi it Im gonna be evil he can be good
 9 years ago '06        #78
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
The Good Son.
 9 years ago '06        #79
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
By the way Joe, in the last Gif, is that some kind of extra zoom u unlock at somepoint or is it just the dude who made the gif zooming in?? Sweet gifs btw.

Last edited by Soraci7; 05-21-2009 at 12:30 AM..
 05-20-2009, 06:11 PM         #80
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
The Good Son.
culken was freaky as s**t in that
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago