HTC Touch Pro 2 or Palm Pre?

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
85 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which one are you getting?
HTC Touch Pro 2 7 58.33%
Palm Pre 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-12-2009, 06:31 AM         #1
6669 pageviews
21 comments

C-Murduh187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HTC Touch Pro 2 or Palm Pre?

My contract is about to end on June 17th with Sprint. I'm looking into getting one of these phones. I was leaning towards the Touch Pro 2. What do you think?

21 comments for "HTC Touch Pro 2 or Palm Pre?"

9 years ago '04        #2
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
ill wait a few months after the palm pre is release.
 9 years ago '06        #3
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 6 6
I personally am a fan of the Touch Pro so I would grab that if I were in your shoes.
 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM         #4
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pre.

I'm getting tired of Windows Mobile. If Palm can live up to the hype, the Pre will be way better.
 05-12-2009, 11:13 AM         #5
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
ill wait a few months after the palm pre is release.
I was thinking about waiting a little bit after both phones release. I usually don't buy phones as soon as they release, but my contract is ending sometime around both release dates. I definately need a new phone, I still got the Treo 755p :(.

bookerx3 said:
I personally am a fan of the Touch Pro so I would grab that if I were in your shoes.
Yea, I feel it. I wanted to get the Touch Pro at first, but money wasn't looking right. Now the TP 2 is coming out, I'm looking forward to it.

Arkanjal said:
Pre.

I'm getting tired of Windows Mobile. If Palm can live up to the hype, the Pre will be way better.
I'm the opposite. I'm getting tired of Palm OS. But do correct me if I'm wrong, The Pre will have a newer OS on it this time. The phone is nice in general, but I want to switch up for the next two years. I want a bigger keyboard, rather than the small keyboard like Palm's have.

And I do agree, if Palm can live up the hype, it will be a nice phone. I don't think it will be an iPhone k!ller though. We'll see...
 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM         #6
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C-Murduh187 said:
I'm the opposite. I'm getting tired of Palm OS. But do correct me if I'm wrong, The Pre will have a newer OS on it this time. The phone is nice in general, but I want to switch up for the next two years. I want a bigger keyboard, rather than the small keyboard like Palm's have.

And I do agree, if Palm can live up the hype, it will be a nice phone. I don't think it will be an iPhone k!ller though. We'll see...
The new OS (WebOS) is WAY different than Palm OS.

Palm's been using essentially the same s**t for about a decade or so. Not much had changed at all. This is why they're completely changing it up for the Pre. There really is no similarities between the two.

And honestly, I like Palms keyboards (with the exception of the Centro) better than HTC's wider keyboards. I could type faster on my Treo's than I can on my Touch Pro, plus its easier to text with one hand, which is the key to texting and driving safely.
 05-12-2009, 11:36 AM         #7
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
The new OS (WebOS) is WAY different than Palm OS.

Palm's been using essentially the same s**t for about a decade or so. Not much had changed at all. This is why they're completely changing it up for the Pre. There really is no similarities between the two.

And honestly, I like Palms keyboards (with the exception of the Centro) better than HTC's wider keyboards. I could type faster on my Treo's than I can on my Touch Pro, plus its easier to text with one hand, which is the key to texting and driving safely.
Ok. Yea, see I didn't read too much up on the Palm Pre or the TP2. I just know they were two nice a.ss phones! :lachen001:

And I do agree with you about the keyboard. I do drive and text the same time with the Treo always!

Also, I hear that the Pre will be using the 4g network. Is the TP2 using it too?

Last edited by C-Murduh187; 05-12-2009 at 11:37 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #8
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 C-Murduh187 said:
Ok. Yea, see I didn't read too much up on the Palm Pre or the TP2. I just know they were two nice a.ss phones! :lachen001:

And I do agree with you about the keyboard. I do drive and text the same time with the Treo always!

Also, I hear that the Pre will be using the 4g network. Is the TP2 using it too?
Does not look like it.

High Tech Computer (HTC), the largest maker of handsets that run Microsoft Windows Mobile software, unveiled updates to two of its most popular smartphones ever on Monday, the HTC Touch Diamond2 and HTC Touch Pro2 handsets.

The sleek new handsets are both 3G touchscreen devices, but while the Touch Diamond2 is a consumer smartphone designed to compete with Apple's iPhone 3G, the Touch Pro2 is geared towards business people and could be a hit with its speaker phone function.
 05-13-2009, 06:19 AM         #9
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ldogg310 said:
between those 2 i'd say tp2 the pre is not a proven device as of yet the OS is brand new so you KNOW it will have glitches and bugs galore

im waitin on more specs from the storm 2 ( if it has a physical keyboard or not mainly) and the g1 v2 ( if its going to be a memory upgrade to ram and rom and other bug fixes and stuff)

gettin tired of my env though and my contract is up on the 18th im just patiently waiting though
Yea, that's true. I know it will have problems the day it releases.

I still won't make a decision until both drop. I'll be patiently waiting as well. I just want to see everybody's opinions on each phone.
 9 years ago '06        #10
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1422 1422
Touch pro 2. Lol this phone is so good HTC had to make a part 2 :P just kiding but you can't go wrong with the endless of customizations you can go with windows mobile phones. Just head over to the "Post your Touch Pro Today screens" and look at some of the stuff you can do on your phone. btw you also can pay emulators on it :D
 9 years ago '07        #11
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
Pre comes out on the 17th, its a sign from the phone Gods. Get the Pre! I am going oto g et it!
 9 years ago '04        #12
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,271 | Props total: 1037 1037
Im on a sero plan so I cant get the pre since it will require the "simply all data plans" that arent on the sero plan even though I have unlimited data, so because of that it will be the htc touch pro 2 in the fall for me.
 05-13-2009, 09:29 PM         #13
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nobody said:
Im on a sero plan so I cant get the pre since it will require the "simply all data plans" that arent on the sero plan even though I have unlimited data, so because of that it will be the htc touch pro 2 in the fall for me.
Really??? I'm also on the sero plan! As I mentioned, my contract ends June 17th. So is this true that the Pre requires the "Simply all data plan"? If so, cancel that plan on getting the Pre because I want to keep my plan! lol
 05-13-2009, 09:30 PM         #14
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blockburner28 said:
Touch pro 2. Lol this phone is so good HTC had to make a part 2 :P just kiding but you can't go wrong with the endless of customizations you can go with windows mobile phones. Just head over to the "Post your Touch Pro Today screens" and look at some of the stuff you can do on your phone. btw you also can pay emulators on it :D
Thanks, I'll check it out!
 9 years ago '06        #15
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1422 1422
I'm on the sero plan also lol i'm going to ride this plan til tp2 :D
 9 years ago '06        #16
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 blockburner28 said:
i'm on the sero plan also lol i'm going to ride this plan til tp2 :d
sero ftw!
 9 years ago '04        #17
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 1340 1340
Palm Pre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 9 years ago '04        #18
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,271 | Props total: 1037 1037
Yeah, the pre is going to be like the instict for us sero plan owners. Whatever, as long as they dont mess with all the pda/smartphones ill be fine.

Im not giving up my plan for a phone, even though I'd love to have the pre.
 05-16-2009, 06:48 AM         #19
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TP2 I am waiting for this also.
 9 years ago '06        #20
KC2NC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,802 | Props total: 78 78
TP2....just not sold on the pre yet....I hate the keyboard.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy