"Same Song And Dance"

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,169 | Props total: 1631 1631
 nxn said:
The beat on medicine ball reminds me too much of Encore, and that's like that one friday night you're trying to forget. Lyrically, I feel like the song is equivalent to without me, basically nothing I'm really trying to pay attention to. I think the flow is somewhat below average for eminem too. Yeah, I'm just not feeling it.
u think "without me" sounds like "Medicine Ball"? I wasnt even that big of a fan of "Without Me".. & there was no track on Encore with a beat as hard as that, da f**k u talkin bout? shoot I wish it did with all dat other goofy s**t it had on it

Last edited by polorsport2345; 05-11-2009 at 11:18 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #42
STATlanta2006 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,751 | Props total: 56 56
how about the song is ambiguious and there is more than one interpretation?
 05-11-2009, 11:20 PM         #43
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:
u think "without me" sounds like "Medicine Ball"? I wasnt even that big of a fan of "Without Me".. & there was no track on Encore with a beat as hard as that, da f**k u talkin bout?
I don't think it 'sounds' like medicine ball. I'm just saying he's talking about more or less the same things in both, ie "hate me, insult here, insult there, hate me because I insulted you, etc".

Beat wise, I'd rather listen to must be the ganja, and I f**king love the beat on same song and dance, especially the bass on that.
 9 years ago '04        #44
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,068 | Props total: 591 591
I think anyone tryna look too deep into this track are reachin'. This is Eminem being crazy. I woulda thought the skit before the track would've made that even more obvious. First verse is him raping Tonya [chick from the skit], second verse ends with him lynching Lindsay Lohan with a 66-foot extension cord, and the last verse is about how his attacks on Britney Spears early in his career was his way of hiding behind having to admit he had a crush on her, all the while he was really planning on drugging her up just to murder her [hence him saying he'd make a suit out of her].

This is just Eminem being f**ked in the head, nothing more.
 9 years ago '08        #45
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
^ exactly

lol @ f**king "servesurite".... calling ME the f**king groupie but he's the one looking too far into the lyrics

yo that third verse is crazy lol eminem is on some OTHER s**t, or must have been when he wrote this lol
 9 years ago '04        #46
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
lol @ ya'll

this s**t ain't about nothing but what he says

and lmao @ it should be a single...this isn't single worthy at all...people who don't listen to the words won't f**k with it..people who do listen will be like "wow wtf" or "he's talkin about the same s**t again..the white girls"

f**k this song, i'll listen to stay wide awake 2 times to make up for it...

deja vu as the single >>>
 9 years ago '05        #47
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
The chorus refers to how every girl pleads and begs for him not to k!ll her. That's a phrase for hearing the same thing over again and againa

"Same song and dance"
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-12-2009, 10:26 AM         #48
joeycoughdrops 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i was gonna make a thread bout thatt song realtalk its crack
 9 years ago '09        #49
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,827 | Props total: 727 727
that song is fire, beat is crazy..
 9 years ago '05        #50
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3266 3266
 nxn said:
The beat on medicine ball reminds me too much of Encore, and that's like that one friday night you're trying to forget. Lyrically, I feel like the song is equivalent to without me, basically nothing I'm really trying to pay attention to. I think the flow is somewhat below average for eminem too. Yeah, I'm just not feeling it.
How the f**k does Medicine Ball sound like Without Me? Medicine Ball was my favorite song on the entire album..the Medicine Ball metaphor was dope..and it was one of the few songs on the album that I actually enjoyed the hook.(This and Beautiful are basically the only songs) And the flow on this is disgusting..and he does use the accent on this a little bit but it's less evident than other songs..Medicine Ball is hard as f**k.
 05-12-2009, 12:22 PM         #51
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nxn said:
Ok, I don't get it. I agree that same song and dance is hot, that stay wide awake is hot, and that underground is just on another f**king level of its own. But I do not understand what makes medicine ball so great? To me it would have been a good track if it was on encore; I just fail to see anything special about it.
I love it cause it's going to p!ss off some people...it's the most testing track on the album.
 05-12-2009, 12:23 PM         #52
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
How the f**k does Medicine Ball sound like Without Me? Medicine Ball was my favorite song on the entire album..the Medicine Ball metaphor was dope..and it was one of the few songs on the album that I actually enjoyed the hook.(This and Beautiful are basically the only songs) And the flow on this is disgusting..and he does use the accent on this a little bit but it's less evident than other songs..Medicine Ball is hard as f**k.
what's the metaphors
 05-12-2009, 12:28 PM         #53
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scan said:
lol @ ya'll

this s**t ain't about nothing but what he says

and lmao @ it should be a single...this isn't single worthy at all...people who don't listen to the words won't f**k with it..people who do listen will be like "wow wtf" or "he's talkin about the same s**t again..the white girls"

f**k this song, i'll listen to stay wide awake 2 times to make up for it...

deja vu as the single >>>
LOL...it's like telling jay to not brag on an album or to tell nas not to mention politics...LOL

raping white girls is his thing from the SSLP. If he mentioned any other race it'd be considered racial by the ignorant folks of certain races.
 9 years ago '04        #54
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
This song is sick.
 9 years ago '08        #55
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
slit your wrists

i'm the groupie??? but you're the one thinking too far into his lyrics?

the song is about k!lling and raping b***hes
 ferrari f-50 said:
you f**king moron. he clearly murders lindsey lohan with an extension cord.
what the f**k is wrong with you guys?

the guy's come in and put forward an interesting theory about the content of this song, which might make it even deeper, and all you do is talk s**t back?

Where's your intellect?

I still want to hear the theory in more detail. Maybe it is an allegorical narrative, or perhaps there are some lines you can read in a different way....
 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM         #56
webbstar842 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To be honest with you...I always thought the metaphor was a lot of women still don't get it when it comes to psychopaths...Like, the first verse was to all girls...don't flag down random guys when your car breaks down, don't be stupid walkin around in the dark at night...there's psychopaths that r*pe/murder...it's always the same old song and dance...The other two verses I felt were written in like a psychopath stan fan of pop singers and stars...
Ya ever seen ....the plot is very similar...And, slim shady is def on some horror type movie stuff this album...he mentioned about every horror movie made throughout the album....
But, the phrase itself does basically means "as much as people are told to be careful and protect yourself the same old story ends up happening"

to each his own i guess

first chorus:

Same song and dance
Damn girl, everywhere I go
Same song and dance
I like the way you move! All over the globe
Same song and dance
Something about it man
Same song and dance
In the Pale Moonlight
Yo...

1st verse has part that goes:
Couple r*pe charges, people think you're a monster
The police constantly buggin' ya non-stop
I walk up on ya, well hello Tonya
I think ya got your OnStar button inside your car stuck.
You outta gas, do you gotta flat?
I would hate for you to be stranded at the laundromat
I got your back
Why don't you put your laundry basket in the back
And sit up front, not askin' it's a trap

Last edited by webbstar842; 05-12-2009 at 03:01 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #57
michelleski495 
space
space
$3,033 | Props total: 1139 1139
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
yes, i realize all of that, thats exactly why i made this thread .... this song is crazy

and yes this song would not be a good single at all ...

hey p***y last time i checked saying ONE song is good isn't being a groupie at all

that avatar is lame as f**k i hate pussies like you you're the type of dude who wears those lame a.ss shirts with phrases on them like "i'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want from me?"

log off it's time to go wash your tazmanian devil mudflaps on your pickup
lol that s**t made me laugh a lil.
 05-12-2009, 03:22 PM         #58
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the vibe of it all, he seems to be talking to the drugged out kids stars(lindsay and britney"), he literally is a drug addict himself and is trying to get at them or talk about them about what they know.
 9 years ago '05        #59
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
this is one of the main reosons i like the cd so much might not have the "Shock value" because we know what Em is all about but each track u can listen to it so many times and most of them takes u more then 1 listen to understand it
 05-12-2009, 05:59 PM         #60
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 senseispab said:
what the f**k is wrong with you guys?

the guy's come in and put forward an interesting theory about the content of this song, which might make it even deeper, and all you do is talk s**t back?

where's your intellect?

I still want to hear the theory in more detail. Maybe it is an allegorical narrative, or perhaps there are some lines you can read in a different way....

r-izzy said:
i think anyone tryna look too deep into this track are reachin'. This is eminem being crazy. I woulda thought the skit before the track would've made that even more obvious. First verse is him raping tonya [chick from the skit], second verse ends with him lynching lindsay lohan with a 66-foot extension cord, and the last verse is about how his attacks on britney spears early in his career was his way of hiding behind having to admit he had a crush on her, all the while he was really planning on drugging her up just to murder her [hence him saying he'd make a suit out of herb]this is just eminem being f**ked in the head, nothing more.

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy