"Same Song And Dance"

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
181 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 awdyo1 said:
Iono man, 'cuz in the third verse he was just sounding like an obsessed/psychotic fan; saying he was gonna cut off his ear and mail it to her or some s**t...

It makes sense, but I don't think he was trying to be TOO creative.
dude dont know what hes talking about.......Em says
"Burst upon the scene and seen the world was hers
She twirls and turns and flirts and skirts so bad it hurts
It irked me and made me mad at first
I lashed out in my songs
But what was really going on was that I had developed a crush, I just didn't know how to tell it to her
Should I cut off one of my ears and mail it to her?
Send her pictures of my collections of skeletons or
Footage of me impaling myself on an elephant's tusk?"

so you mean to tell me this is from the drug's perspective??? Em is just playing a lunatic
 9 years ago '04        #22
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 makaveli_420 said:
it's a third person perspective of f**ked up people raping and murdering those 2 celebrities, and I think the first verse about Tonya is from Eminem's perspective.....end thread for f**ks sake before we offend one of these Stans so much that he drives his f**kin car off a bridge and k!lls himself
nah but when cats saying "you dont even undertand what the songs talking about" and "dumb white kids" then people gonna want to know what the f**k you talking about.......
 9 years ago '04        #23
STUNTIN 
space
space
$914 | Props total: 0 0
 makaveli_420 said:
it's a third person perspective of f**ked up people raping and murdering those 2 celebrities, and I think the first verse about Tonya is from Eminem's perspective.....end thread for f**ks sake before we offend one of these Stans so much that he drives his f**kin car off a bridge and k!lls himself
how come ppl that hate on eminem's fans cant think of anything to say themselves, yet instead quote him???
 05-11-2009, 08:49 PM         #24
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -HIP HOP HEAD- said:
its funny you em stans claim you love him so much and you cant even comprehend one of hes songs

the song is about addiction.

the song is made from the perspective of a substance. a substance that ruins its victims. kind of like how 50 did on hes ''a baltimore love thing'' song and jay's ''i know'' on american gangster.. on the song he talks about lindsey lohan on the second verse and her addiction and then britney spears on the third and as you all know both had struggles with addiction.

you f**king moron. he clearly murders lindsey lohan with an extension cord.
 9 years ago '04        #25
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
This song is about as deep as a Dixie cup.

He's k!lling girls.
 9 years ago '06        #26
Young_Remedy 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,643 | Props total: 315 315
:lachen001: at dude saying he's rapping from the perspective of a drug. He's clearing talking about raping a girl name "tonya" in the 1st verse (hence the tonya skit before the track) then lindsay lohan and britney spears in the 2nd and 3rd verse. He references pills and rehab a lot since all 3 of them been to rehab for drugs (em, britney and lindsay). Duke is jus being psycho

Last edited by Young_Remedy; 05-11-2009 at 09:08 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #27
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 ruff said:
This song is about as deep as a Dixie cup.

He's k!lling girls.
thank you.....I would think with a hook like " You ain't ever gonna break that glass, the windshield's too strong for you" and with the intro people would kind of get the hint....
 9 years ago '08        #28
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,746 | Props total: 8966 8966
It's one of the most catchy songs, it could be a radio hit.
 05-11-2009, 09:33 PM         #29
yourdad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awdyo1 said:
Iono man, 'cuz in the third verse he was just sounding like an obsessed/psychotic fan; saying he was gonna cut off his ear and mail it to her or some s**t...

It makes sense, but I don't think he was trying to be TOO creative.
nothing about being an obsessed fan

9 years ago '04        #30
Baig 
space
space
$622 | Props total: 12 12
song is dope ... one of my faves... but Medicine Ball? Now that's some pure crack music :-|
 05-11-2009, 09:34 PM         #31
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's honestly one of my favorite songs by the dude. In fact, Relapse really added a few songs to that list.

EDIT: to all the people saying "this song is about this or that", consider that it can mean different things to different people, that's sort of the whole point for real music.

Last edited by nxn; 05-11-2009 at 09:37 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #32
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,746 | Props total: 8966 8966
There are competing theories about what happened next. The first prevailing theory states that on 23 December 1888, Van Gogh stalked Gauguin with a razor and then cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully."[65]

Props.
 9 years ago '05        #33
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 468 468
 yourdad said:
nothing about being an obsessed fan

I know about Van Gogh, homey... So what you're trying to say is that Em is rapping in the perspective of Van Gogh?!

So if it's "nothing" about being an obsessed fan, then what is it? A stalker, a psycho, a lunatic (as my man said before)? Same s**t, same song, same dance.
 9 years ago '04        #34
rjayasin 
space
space
space
$979 | Props total: 20 20
It's definitely just about him being crazy and obsessed over these three women (and implicitly other women) and how he r*pes and k!lls them - and during that process he sees the same old struggle, the "same old song and dance".

And to whoever said that "Medicine Ball" is sick - I COMPLETELY AGREE.
 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM         #35
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok, I don't get it. I agree that same song and dance is hot, that stay wide awake is hot, and that underground is just on another f**king level of its own. But I do not understand what makes medicine ball so great? To me it would have been a good track if it was on encore; I just fail to see anything special about it.
 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM         #36
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
yeah i just got done finished listening to it minutes ago

and realized that should be a single, bc the average radio listener wouldnt be likely to get what this song is really about, the beat is insane and bass heavy enough to get club play, and the chorus creates the illusion of being a dance song...

and the title seems anti-club, making it seem that every song by rapper xyz is nothing but the same song and dance

this joint would be perfect for radio, it is a combination of new and old eminem...

geez i hope dre and jimmy realize this :agreement6:
THANKS YOU!!!!!!! It's Em pretty much saying the rap game is just SAME SONG AND DANCE s**t...lol so he parodies it. Just like "Hello"
 9 years ago '04        #37
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1607 1607
 nxn said:
Ok, I don't get it. I agree that same song and dance is hot, that stay wide awake is hot, and that underground is just on another f**king level of its own. But I do not understand what makes medicine ball so great? To me it would have been a good track if it was on encore; I just fail to see anything special about it.
n*gga if u cant tell what makes da track hot get in ya whip & blast da album in ya subs & see which beat has da most effect in ya system.. its probably gon' be "Medicine Ball" thats his hardest track in there & that da streets gon' probably feel the most.. & I like the Relapse but damn, i get sick of hearing bout Eminems beef with woman.. thats why I cant hear "Stay Wide Awake".. most of da song is talking bout stalking out b***hes & raping them.. i cant really vibe to dat s**t

Last edited by polorsport2345; 05-11-2009 at 10:52 PM..
 05-11-2009, 10:57 PM         #38
yourdad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awdyo1 said:
I know about Van Gogh, homey... So what you're trying to say is that Em is rapping in the perspective of Van Gogh?!

So if it's "nothing" about being an obsessed fan, then what is it? A stalker, a psycho, a lunatic (as my man said before)? Same s**t, same song, same dance.
being psycho and a lunatic and being in love with these women.
 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM         #39
mcharp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 servesurite said:
exactly, smh @ these dumb white kids
Uh... WRONG. Just cuz it sound smart doesn't mean it actually is; you dumbass, racist n*gga!:mad45:
 05-11-2009, 11:05 PM         #40
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The beat on medicine ball reminds me too much of Encore, and that's like that one friday night you're trying to forget. Lyrically, I feel like the song is equivalent to without me, basically nothing I'm really trying to pay attention to. I think the flow is somewhat below average for eminem too. Yeah, I'm just not feeling it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
265 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
33 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
99 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy