Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's better to you?
Joe Budden 56 44.44%
Method Man 70 55.56%
Voters: 126. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #381
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 1332 1332
 Loyalist said:
i cosign this,

but i'm just wondering why choose Method Man out of all the rappers out there???

he is not a battle rapper, he is past his prime, he barely puts music out as it is (yes i know he has an album coming out next week with Redman after what, 4 years since his last solo??)...there's plenty of BETTER Battle rapping competition out there than Method Man.
thats what im sayin.
all these other cats out here, who is prolly just, if not more hungry then joey
who would give him a run for his money
and joey gon go after meth, a certified legend in hip hop who been doin it big since big poppa was still rockin s**t, and then try to get at him on a personal level?

it jus seem dumb
 05-14-2009, 06:11 PM         #382
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TRiL said:
Meth said Budden was overrated a long time ago I think. That may be why this is going on.
That'd be some girl s**t for Joe to hold a grudge that long but who knows
 05-14-2009, 06:14 PM         #383
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loyalist said:
that was around Pump It Up time, i really think Joe is past that....

Drake said you "mimicking Joe's career" in one of his songs, look at them now....

Royce said "my girl said she wants too listen to Joe Budden/f**k a party...." and look at them now
Who knows fam. Thats the only reason I can think of. It would've been cool if Joe just said that he'll outrap Meth but the n*gga took s**t to a personal level saying that he doesn't write his own rhymes(I don't believe that s**t) and a whole bunch of other insulting type s**t. Seems like he has a personal issue with the n*gga.
 9 years ago '08        #384
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,154 | Props total: 304 304
 TRiL said:
Who knows fam. Thats the only reason I can think of. It would've been cool if Joe just said that he'll outrap Meth but the n*gga took s**t to a personal level saying that he doesn't write his own rhymes(I don't believe that s**t) and a whole bunch of other insulting type s**t. Seems like he has a personal issue with the n*gga.
Joe got the impression about the whole "Meth Don't Write his rhymes" s**t 'cuz Kevin Liles asked Joe too right a song for Method Man for a movie OST (Method Man said this on ED Lover today, Joe was on the show earlier as well) but it never got approved by Meth
 05-14-2009, 06:24 PM         #385
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loyalist said:
Joe got the impression about the whole "Meth Don't Write his rhymes" s**t 'cuz Kevin Liles asked Joe too right a song for Method Man for a movie OST (Method Man said this on ED Lover today, Joe was on the show earlier as well) but it never got approved by Meth
Yea I heard that s**t this morning in the barbershop. n*ggas were heated about the whole situation on some f**k Budden s**t when Joe called in lol
 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM         #386
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Method man could never make a "Who k!lled Hip Hop?"
 9 years ago '05        #387
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
 thehustler07 said:
Joe Budden & Method Man Call Into Morning Show

Listen to the audio below from Power 105.1's The Ed Lover Morning Show below!

Ed lover is right..."why yall never battle?"

Joey is talking some real big s**t right now...the n*gga is real confident right now, lets see some battling...

but, Method Man never said he would battle him though, he going straight physical with it...
 9 years ago '06        #388
Nash P 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 44 44
HUGE Budden fan, but i really can't see how disrespecting/discrediting a legend will help u as a rapper. This might be a very bad move for Budden. A career destroying move. Lets see where this goes..
 9 years ago '07        #389
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 Kal Tourette said:
Method man could never make a "Who k!lled Hip Hop?"
And Budden could never make a "Bring The Pain". What's your point?
 9 years ago '04        #390
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 Bruce Leeroy said:
And Budden could never make a "Bring The Pain". What's your point?
but budden could make bring da pain
 9 years ago '05        #391
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 youngvito18 said:
you missed my point.............its about respect, but since you want to get technical, lets say asher roth was reading thar bracket and he says "why is jay-z's old azz on their, i can run circles around him" abnd then he goes on twitter and says "if jay was standing in front of my i could lyrically r*pe him'

imo....i dont care IF asher roth could lyrically r*pe jay, asher needs to respect a n*gga like jay, and thats why i used dwayne wade and mj........

my whole point is joey lacks respect.....point blank period,
Yeah I didn't realize the first time I read it you were talking about respect...makes sense to me now.
 9 years ago '04        #392
jordankicks2828 
space
space
$245 | Props total: 0 0
I just wanted to know what everyone thought about this...
I really like budden but I think it might be a draw. Not to talk about swager but I think method just bring more of that to the table. Might be a DEAD DRAW!!! I don't know.. I want to know how everyone feels about this...

Last edited by jordankicks2828; 05-14-2009 at 08:23 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #393
jordankicks2828 
space
space
$245 | Props total: 0 0
I just wanted to know what everyone thought about this...
I really like budden but I think it might be a draw. Not to talk about swager but I think method just bring more of that to the table. Might be a DEAD DRAW!!! I don't know.. I want to know how everyone feels about this...
 9 years ago '07        #394
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 Scan said:
Scan... Shuddup.
 9 years ago '07        #395
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 Scan said:
I just caught what you did funny a.ss n*gga
 9 years ago '04        #396
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
it's too easy
 9 years ago '04        #397
Mike Lyricalone 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,292 | Props total: 16 16
I've been a Joe Budden supporter before anyone actually knew who Joe Budden was... way before Pump it Up, but Method Man is my favorite rapper of all time... thus JOHNNY BLAZE GET UP IN EM!
 9 years ago '04        #398
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
Budden > Meth as a rapper for the sake of the Vibe argument.

Meth > Budden as an artist.
 05-14-2009, 11:24 PM         #399
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The legendary MC reminisces about his friend and fellow member of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five for REAL TALK THURSDAYS

Apparently we just can’t make a list. After stirring up a hornets’ nest with last week’s THIS IS WHAT IT LINKS LIKE: The 50 Hottest Rap Blogs, we’ve done done it again with The Best Rapper Ever, a NCAA-style, four bracket tournament, pitting 135 rappers against each other in a head-to-head competition to determine, well, the best rapper ever, as chosen by visitors to VIBE.com. The Play-In bracket is going on now (get your vote on, here), and the controversy is already full blown.

Now, unlike so many out there in the peanut gallery, we happen to think we know what we’re talking about over here. We’re VIBE after all. So when so many of you took to the Net to take issue with our brackets, (including, now infamously, Joe Budden, the New Jersey rapper seeded number 32 in Bracket IV, who asked in the video below: “Cowboy? I don’t even know who that is”), we figured that it was only right that we helped the world “Get Familiar!”, word to Clinton Sparks.
z

To that end—and not to affect your vote— Senior a.ssociate Editor, Keith Murphy, reached out to Melle Mel, the legendary MC who rapped alongside Cowboy (he's wearing the baseball cap in the picture above) when they were both a part of the groundbreaking group, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. (Cowboyd himself had he not tragically passed away on September 8, 1989, when he was just 28.) Here’s what Melle Mel had to say:

“You know I heard the little controversy with Joe Budden thinking that he should be higher on the list. But he has to understand that once you go down chronologically, every MC had some type of influence that made them who they are. Yet everything Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, and MCs in our era, did was self-influenced. And that makes it harder to achieve that greatness status. Yet we stand today as legends, not just pioneers.

“When a lot of cats try to come up with Well, what did Cowboy do?it’s like what didn’t he do? Cowboy was definitely one of the most important MCs because of the fact that his natural talent and presence onstage was huge. He was one of the first cats to rhyme off the top of the head; he was the first to master the crowd response; [he] came up with a lot of the lines that rappers say now onstage. Cowboy came up with the phrase hip hop! He did it all. It just so happened that he passed at a young age and that’s what really put a void in Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. He was the spark of the group. When we would step onstage it was all about his presence and aura which were so big that if I had gotten one girl after the show he would have five [laughs].

“When you hear someone say When was the last time you heard Melle Mel?Well, when the first time you heard Melle Mel? You heard him in 1977. That’s sick for me to still be around when I helped start the genre that we perform in 2009. I don’t even believe that there are truly 50 great rappers. There are probably less than 20 for the sake of being real. After Rakim and a few others, you don’t really have one rapper that was an influence on the entire art form. To this day I don’t think there is a more important hip hop record than Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5’s ‘The Message.’ We took hip hop out of the party age with just one record.

“People today look back at pictures of us and they think that we were these weird guys who dressed funny. But what we were trying to do was break into the business on a rock ’n’ roll level. Forget about the rap and hip hop thing, because we conquered that. So a lot of the things we did went off the charts, just like a lot of things Cowboy did. He is pretty hard to sum up in one verse. Just like how 2Pac is not to be described by one verse—but by who he was, the impact he made and the life he lived—Cowboy, in his own way, is on that level. He is beyond what any other MC did that you could put on a list. He’s a legend amongst legends. When you ask what’s the story of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5 and they think that Flash or Melle Mel is the story, but we are not. Cowboy is the story. If Joe Budden is No. 32, he probably deserved to be No. 32. If you don’t understand it, that’s not my fault that you didn’t have a better career. It is what it is. Sometimes destiny trumps the talent of youth.”

SOURCE:
Budden is getting the wrong attention
 9 years ago '08        #400
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,154 | Props total: 304 304
yea i remember joe saying, he thought it was a new n*gga named cowboy since he was in the same boat as dudes ike bow wow and co. on that vibe list
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now