[Joe Budden Vs Method Man]Joe Budden Clarifies Method Man Statements Part 1

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's better to you?
Joe Budden 56 44.44%
Method Man 70 55.56%
Voters: 126. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
24913 pageviews
550 comments

Bootlegger 
space
space
space
$301 | Props total: 0 0
[Joe Budden Vs Method Man]Joe Budden Clarifies Method Man Statements Part 1

2 those of u responding about my meth comment, if u stand dude in front of me, he will get embarrassed, guarantee that s**t... bet the house
about 10 hours ago from web
@MonopolyFam i call your bluff... gimme 5 quotables from dude in the past 3 years... don't worry, i'll wait
about 1 hour ago from web in reply to MonopolyFam

Method Man Reponds to Joe Budden on Twitter.
 stfdkd37 said: image
it's on now n*ggas

[pic - click to view]

Melle Mel Responds To Joe Budden, Speaks On Cowboy

Krazy K said: image
The legendary MC reminisces about his friend and fellow member of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five for REAL TALK THURSDAYS

Apparently we just can’t make a list. After stirring up a hornets’ nest with last week’s THIS IS WHAT IT LINKS LIKE: The 50 Hottest Rap Blogs, we’ve done done it again with The Best Rapper Ever, a NCAA-style, four bracket tournament, pitting 135 rappers against each other in a head-to-head competition to determine, well, the best rapper ever, as chosen by visitors to VIBE.com. The Play-In bracket is going on now (get your vote on, here), and the controversy is already full blown.

Now, unlike so many out there in the peanut gallery, we happen to think we know what we’re talking about over here. We’re VIBE after all. So when so many of you took to the Net to take issue with our brackets, (including, now infamously, Joe Budden, the New Jersey rapper seeded number 32 in Bracket IV, who asked in the video below: “Cowboy? I don’t even know who that is”), we figured that it was only right that we helped the world “Get Familiar!”, word to Clinton Sparks.
z

To that end—and not to affect your vote— Senior a.ssociate Editor, Keith Murphy, reached out to Melle Mel, the legendary MC who rapped alongside Cowboy (he's wearing the baseball cap in the picture above) when they were both a part of the groundbreaking group, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. (Cowboyd himself had he not tragically passed away on September 8, 1989, when he was just 28.) Here’s what Melle Mel had to say:

“You know I heard the little controversy with Joe Budden thinking that he should be higher on the list. But he has to understand that once you go down chronologically, every MC had some type of influence that made them who they are. Yet everything Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, and MCs in our era, did was self-influenced. And that makes it harder to achieve that greatness status. Yet we stand today as legends, not just pioneers.

“When a lot of cats try to come up with Well, what did Cowboy do?it’s like what didn’t he do? Cowboy was definitely one of the most important MCs because of the fact that his natural talent and presence onstage was huge. He was one of the first cats to rhyme off the top of the head; he was the first to master the crowd response; [he] came up with a lot of the lines that rappers say now onstage. Cowboy came up with the phrase hip hop! He did it all. It just so happened that he passed at a young age and that’s what really put a void in Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. He was the spark of the group. When we would step onstage it was all about his presence and aura which were so big that if I had gotten one girl after the show he would have five [laughs].

“When you hear someone say When was the last time you heard Melle Mel?Well, when the first time you heard Melle Mel? You heard him in 1977. That’s sick for me to still be around when I helped start the genre that we perform in 2009. I don’t even believe that there are truly 50 great rappers. There are probably less than 20 for the sake of being real. After Rakim and a few others, you don’t really have one rapper that was an influence on the entire art form. To this day I don’t think there is a more important hip hop record than Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5’s ‘The Message.’ We took hip hop out of the party age with just one record.

“People today look back at pictures of us and they think that we were these weird guys who dressed funny. But what we were trying to do was break into the business on a rock ’n’ roll level. Forget about the rap and hip hop thing, because we conquered that. So a lot of the things we did went off the charts, just like a lot of things Cowboy did. He is pretty hard to sum up in one verse. Just like how 2Pac is not to be described by one verse—but by who he was, the impact he made and the life he lived—Cowboy, in his own way, is on that level. He is beyond what any other MC did that you could put on a list. He’s a legend amongst legends. When you ask what’s the story of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5 and they think that Flash or Melle Mel is the story, but we are not. Cowboy is the story. If Joe Budden is No. 32, he probably deserved to be No. 32. If you don’t understand it, that’s not my fault that you didn’t have a better career. It is what it is. Sometimes destiny trumps the talent of youth.”

SOURCE:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.vibe.com/news/ .. n_meet_cowboy/
Budden is getting the wrong attention image

Joe Budden On Ed Love

jordankicks2828 said: image
I just wanted to know what everyone thought about this...
I really like budden but I think it might be a draw. Not to talk about swager but I think method just bring more of that to the table. Might be a DEAD DRAW!!! I don't know.. I want to know how everyone feels about this...

[pic - click to view]

http://thisis50.com/profi .. od-man-heats-1
Lyrically, Joe Budden thinks that he’s Method Man’s superior and the notion has taken on new heights as the New Jersey rapper conducted an interview this morning.
"I will cut that dudes head off his shoulders,” Budden said on the Ed Lover Morning Show. Budden wasn’t talking physically, but his verbage spoke volumes about how he feels he ranks above his Wu Tank counterpart.

"Method Man's not going to be able to survive [a lyrical battle],” Budden continued. “Its gonna be hard for him."

Budden told Ed Lover and Free of Power 105.1 in New York that he had respect for Meth and didn’t want to see anything turn violent.

“That is not knock against Method Man, Wu Tang, Redman – since he wanted to jump in too. I mean, I can’t be from Jersey and not love Redman,” Budden said.

The whole matter started after Vibe.com listed their Top 50 rappers in a tourney-style event to determine the best artist. Budden questioned the credibility of the list and the inclusion of several acts.

Method Man responded quickly by calling into the radio station.

“My folks advised me to take the high road. I’m a smart n***a so I know off top this dude is trying to bait me,” Meth said. “He been on medication since he was in junior high school. The n***a is certified crazy.”

“Every week he picks somebody to mess with and I ain’t really heard nobody respond to this dude except other dudes that’s on that same level as him.”

Meth did admit that Joe Budden is a worthy battle rapper, but said he would not be backing down.

“As far as battle rapping, by all means, Joe Budden gets it in. He’s a battle rapper. I ain’t never been known for battle rapping,” Meth said. “But I tell you this, I meet any challenge from any challenger.”

“On a lighter, note son can’t mess with me.” Meth said. “Stop being a cry baby.”

Method Man offered two options.

He said he wanted to see do a song with Joe Budden and let the fans decided who is best. He also proposed that he and Budden meet “face to face.”

Method Man Interviews with Ed Love - Talks about Joe Budden
 SLR CHOOPA said: image

[pic - click to view]

**LISTEN**

Joe Budden Clarifies Method Man Statements Part 1
 Bkjj11 said: image
Audio:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.defsounds.com/ .. ts_more_part_1

"It's was in bad taste on my part to single him [Method Man] out. Because there was a large group of people that I was talking about. It just so happened that he best fit because he was at the top. But I coulda gone on and on and on and the world would be mad at Joe Budden. Not just a Method Man or a Wu Tang fan.

I reached out to him and tried to apologize for the bad taste--not for what I said, I stand behind what I said wholeheartedly."

"Method Man is not my peer--and in retrospect, I can see how even if I'm correct--certain things maybe just shouldn't be said. He's not my peer, but the problem is, the majority of my peers are garbage. So I have no choice but to go back to when there was real n*ggas really rapping and when lyrics were actually put on a pedastal and find someone from that era--it just so happens to be Method Man."

Part 2 coming soon

image Gave u joe budden lovers something to listen to lol....here comes 39 pages image

Now dont get me wrong, we all know Budden would rip Meth... but he should watch what he say because Meth probally took that as strait disrespect for Joey to only call him out from that whole list...

Last edited by Wasted; 05-17-2009 at 12:53 PM..

550 comments for "[Joe Budden Vs Method Man]Joe Budden Clarifies Method Man Statements Part 1"

05-10-2009, 12:55 PM         #2
sniper1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe hes trying to help meth? Blackout 2 doesnt really have any anticipation does it?
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-10-2009, 01:06 PM         #3
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMFAO budden is like the new age 50 cent ...i swear this n*gga is gonna battle his way to the top...thing is NOBODY CARES
 05-10-2009, 01:23 PM         #4
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Budden: "PRODIGY IS 15!"

Ortiz: "What, whats wrong with that?....I like Prodigy..."

05-10-2009, 01:27 PM         #5
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bootlegger said:
Now dont get me wrong, we all know Budden would rip Meth
:wtf:
Hurricane chris mus b on yo top 5.
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-10-2009, 01:30 PM         #6
ass_in_my_eyes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
uh oh...
 9 years ago '06        #7
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Twista740 said:
:wtf:
Hurricane chris mus b on yo top 5.
Posted via Mobile Device
coming from the guy who thinks ron browz is one of the hottest rappers today

Last edited by coolio; 05-10-2009 at 01:32 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #8
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
space
$92,800 | Props total: 70371 70371
Sad to see some loser disrespect a rap great...

Method man has done more for music and entertainment than Joe Budden has ever done.

9 years ago '04        #9
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,171 | Props total: 1631 1631
I get what Joeys saying cus he's a lyricist, & what ppl dont actually realize is that Method Man spits better now than when he did when he first came out, dude actually rhymes a bunch of multi-syllables nowadays & he definitely wasnt spittin like that when he first started.. i dont think he's heard too much recent s**t from him & thats why he's kinda hating on him

Last edited by polorsport2345; 05-10-2009 at 01:42 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #10
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,846 | Props total: 2010 2010
meth > budden
prodigy > budden
havoc > budden

yo somebody smack dis wanksta joe buddens... every1 knows hes a.ss except him and boxden
 9 years ago '05        #11
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,202 | Props total: 11808 11808
 Ex The God said:
Lol....Meth would RIP Joey...Physically and Lyrically
Pretty Much.

Glad SOMEBODY posted this shyt
 9 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 Supreme7 said:
meth > budden
prodigy > budden
havoc > budden

yo somebody smack dis wanksta joe buddens... every1 knows hes a.ss except him and boxden
 05-10-2009, 01:48 PM         #13
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:
coming from the guy who thinks ron browz is one of the hottest rappers today
My man, like the other poster said only people dat think budden betta den meth is budden n boxden. Joe is nowhere near meth level.

Oh yea,

Browz > fuddens
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '05        #14
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
Method man would k!ll joe buddens.. and why is joe speaking of quotables and he the same dude using lines people on his forum gave him ... method man has classic songs man ... joe buddens is known for 2 dance songs lmfao ... thats why he was barely listed ...
 05-10-2009, 01:53 PM         #15
Swall O My Kidz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, Budden IS or rather WAS wrong for callin' out Method like that--
Let that man chill...

Butttttttttttttttt, on that same token, Meth dont' want it wit Budden on the M.I.C.; Budden's is a beast, he proved himself over and over again, and when, and if Method DOES decide to say something to Budden- it'll be a wrap.

Battling and calling out folks is a part of hip hop, if it goes down, let it...
 9 years ago '05        #16
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,031 | Props total: 747 747
 Supreme7 said:
meth > budden
prodigy > budden
havoc > budden

you'd be surprised how many people say the same thing all over the net, just exchange boxden for another forum and there is people sayin the same s**t over there, so no.

I'd love to hear these 2 go at it on wax so Budden can prove once again these rappers don't want it with him, but other then that I don't think this warrants a battle, unless Meth really takes big offense.
 9 years ago '07        #17
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
Wait, where is the f**k is this comming from?
 9 years ago '05        #18
space
space
Saigon k!lled Budden.

And Meth> Saigon

Therefore Meth> Budden
 9 years ago '08        #19
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
Meth would k!ll buddens....but hey joe needs some expouser , seeing as he b***h is more famous than him
 9 years ago '06        #20
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
budden definitely should've worded that s**t differently and not singled out meth

Supreme7 said:
meth > budden
prodigy > budden
havoc > budden

where's banks on the list?

Last edited by coolio; 05-10-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy